Pepsi's "Drink up, Rock out" promotion - Win DLC and Games! STARTS JUNE 2ND!

Got some grocery shopping to do today, so I'll keep an eye out for some RB bottles and see if I can finally get in on this action. Are any particular retailers more likely to stock the bottles with the RB caps? Or is it primarily a crapshoot based on your region?

Question: Can you only get 1 song a day?

Managed to run across 4 caps... don't drink the poison so will I have to wade through 4 days to get them redeemed?

Thanks!

[quote name='xycury']Question: Can you only get 1 song a day?

Managed to run across 4 caps... don't drink the poison so will I have to wade through 4 days to get them redeemed?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Nope. Redeem away, my friend! I generally do a few at a time and have had no problems.

[quote name='gfshurts']Nope. Redeem away, my friend! I generally do a few at a time and have had no problems.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the quick answer... time to Rock Out! :bouncy:

[quote name='xycury']Thanks for the quick answer... time to Rock Out! :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

I managed to input about 80 codes in one day and they were all winners. You should be fine :).

[quote name='flameofdoom666']Thats not cool... I entered practically 10+ mintures before...[/QUOTE]

I was going to ignore this, but fuck it. Your insulting PMs and begging is not the way to go.

The last time I gave away a mistake code you PMd me asking for more. I tactfully refrained from calling you out as a beggar, but implied in my post that someone had done so. I was hoping you'd take the hint.

So yes, you were among the first but have been blacklisted. Bummer.

I've given $6 worth of RB freebies to the community in hopes of encouraging others to do the same. Apparently some of us don't know how to be thankful for what we have.

[quote name='Ginsburger']I was going to ignore this, but fuck it. Your insulting PMs and begging is not the way to go.

The last time I gave away a mistake code you PMd me asking for more. I tactfully refrained from calling you out as a beggar, but implied in my post that someone had done so. I was hoping you'd take the hint.

So yes, you were among the first but have been blacklisted. Bummer.

I've given $6 worth of RB freebies to the community in hopes of encouraging others to do the same. Apparently some of us don't know how to be thankful for what we have.[/QUOTE]

Sorry if you recall it that way with your horrid memory, but what my PM at the time said, if you happen to make a mistake again, could you shoot it my way. A question is by no means begging. You could have said 'no' or something to that effect. Yes I saw your message way back when, and you said you put it out as a 'warning.' Why don't you scroll back and find where you said it- it isn't worth my time to hunt down messages.

I have had CAGs Pm me questions about free Pepsi caps, Rolando codes, and Club Nintendo codes. The answer is either a yes or no. I do not know why you have to be childish and 'blacklist.'

You are a bitter fuck, and not a nice person at all. No wonder you're begging for karma. What comes around goes around.

Rediculous.

I hope they never somehow fix it so you can't get 200 wii points with a cap. I just bought 200 caps for $90 on eBay!

I don't think they can. Nintendo doesn't let you download content by putting in a code. I think almost all Wii promos that revolve around content gives you points.

Nice!!! I was thinking they could somehow use the gift system or something. Like you gotta add Pepsi as your friend.

111/111 so far. Can't beat 99 cent Pepsi and Diet Pepsi along with a free Rockband track. I work at a grocery store and today seen a crate of pepsi's with yellow rockband stickers in the stock room and began to drool. Also finding a few of these caps in the breakroom.

[quote name='Nintendokid54']just bought another 10 codes for $5... im 24/24 now...

P.S: im low on MS pts and want the new Skate 2 DLC... if you wanna gift that to me for 2RB songs of your choice pm me...[/QUOTE]

How can you gift on the Xbox 360? I still can't figure it out.

I thought there was a way, do you know of it?

[quote name='Got_Wii']111/111 so far. Can't beat 99 cent Pepsi and Diet Pepsi along with a free Rockband track. I work at a grocery store and today seen a crate of pepsi's with yellow rockband stickers in the stock room and began to drool. Also finding a few of these caps in the breakroom.[/QUOTE]

That a lot of caps. Do you use them for Wii/DSi points or get Rockband tracks?

7/7 (So far all those were free caps I scavanged)... nice

Just need to find more cheap soda, or find more caps....

woot, found some more.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Archangelrey']Has anyone seen these on Sierra Mist? I don't need anyone caffeine in the system. 101/101[/QUOTE]

I've checked Sierra Mist for that reason but it only seems to be on Pepsi. on a side note, Pepsi Throwback does not seem to be participating in this deal either. I have yet to see a Pepsi Throwback with a rock band lid.

I bought 2 bottles of Diet Sierra Mist with a Rockband cap this morning, so they *are* eligible. May just not have gotten to you yet.

[quote name='007']I bought 2 bottles of Diet Sierra Mist with a Rockband cap this morning, so they *are* eligible. May just not have gotten to you yet.[/QUOTE]

From the website:
During the Promotion Period, whichever comes first, look for Codes under specially-marked bottle caps of 20 oz and 1 liter Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Caffeine Free Pepsi, Caffeine Free Diet Pepsi, Pepsi One, Wild Cherry Pepsi, Wild Cherry Diet Pepsi, Pepsi Max, Diet Pepsi Lime, Pepsi Lime, Diet Pepsi Lemon, Diet Sierra Mist and, in certain participating markets, on specially-marked Pepsi fountain cups available at participating locations during the Promotion Period or until supplies of specially-marked bottle caps and fountain cups are exhausted, whichever occurs first. Not all brands and package sizes may participate or be available in all areas.

[quote name='wybo_a']Walmart now has 1 Liter bottles with the caps in the grocery aisles for $1 now.[/QUOTE]

I know where I'm going later. Awesome.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']How can you gift on the Xbox 360? I still can't figure it out.

I thought there was a way, do you know of it?[/QUOTE]

I guess there is no way to gift DLC. i asked over at the xbox forums and they said no way... (Thats one thing Nintendo has over Live.... You can gift content... :p )

[quote name='Nintendokid54']I guess there is no way to gift DLC. i asked over at the xbox forums and they said no way... (Thats one thing Nintendo has over Live.... You can gift content... :p )[/QUOTE]

You used to be able to gift points for like one Christmas period, I think 07. Now you can't. :whistle2:#

I hope they update the site soon, since after cashing in the 16 codes I had, I'm pretty much done with DLC I actually want (and don't have). Guess it'll be Wii points from then on.

Any ideas why these particular songs were chosen, by the way? It's weird that we get the brand new Green Day pack a day or two after it comes out, yet we have no Spinal Tap songs as of yet. What's really bizarre is the partial packs, like the Nirvana pack. This isn't really a complaint, cause free is free, but if they aren't going to put up the rest of the Nirvana pack, I might as well just grab the pack with points and use the codes for random single songs, so it'd be nice to know.

[quote name='gfshurts']From the website:[/QUOTE]

Haha, sorry 'bout that.

I'm going to hope that's an error, though, since putting them on Diet but not regualr Sierra Mist makes the kind of sense that doesn't.

2 for 2.22 is the best deal I found. I stalked a Pepsi stocker today. He refilled everything but the items with the Rock Band caps and then went back into the stock room. >_>

Managed to dive into some recycle bins at work... snagged about 15 caps without looking like a douche.

with the rest of the codes I already redeemed, I'll have about 4600 wii points.

Over 2 $20 cards worth.

Nintendo really should have changed this.....

if they did 5000 per day... that's over $10,000 in Wii points. There still is like 65 days left... $650,000 later... (grant it not all the codes are going to Wii though realistically).

Still though... that's money spent on something else.

Didn't World of Goo go by a unique code, instead of Wii points????? I know that's what happened when I bought it from someone....

[quote name='n64ra']whats the cheapest place to buy pepsi? i found 20oz at exxon at 2 for $2.22 (1 for $1.50).[/QUOTE]Try hitting up liquor stores or any of those generic "BEER/SODA" type places. Sometimes they sell soda by the case. I found a box of 20oz Pepsis with the Rock Band caps for twenty bucks! It held 24 bottles so that's less than a dollar per cap... even less if you recycle :p

[quote name='erectiontown']nintendo isn't "losing" any money by this promotion, they're just not "gaining" any.[/QUOTE]

This isn't free money, this is free fake money.

Nintendo can't live on fake money.

If the wii codes really did what they should, then Nintendo wouldn't care, because who cares about songs. But if every potential customer got World of Goo FREE.... where is Nintendo's profit???

by giving away something free, it's still a loss. businesses are there to make money.

I doubt Nintendo is losing anything at all. These points are going to be subsidized by some combination of Pepsi and EA.

[quote name='jling84']I doubt Nintendo is losing anything at all. These points are going to be subsidized by some combination of Pepsi and EA.[/QUOTE]

some, but not the full extent.

This is completely different if it was just a song... but it's wii points.

I think I have to stop buying pepsis whenever I go to work. I just noticed I still have 12 bottles sitting downstairs. Only a few more songs that I want in my collection now, but I only have 20mb left on my 360 harddrive.

[quote name='ZerotypeX']I think I have to stop buying pepsis whenever I go to work. I just noticed I still have 12 bottles sitting downstairs. Only a few more songs that I want in my collection now, but I only have 20mb left on my 360 harddrive.[/QUOTE]

I'm having the same problem. I'm running out of hard drive space!

[quote name='BustaUppa']Try hitting up liquor stores or any of those generic "BEER/SODA" type places. Sometimes they sell soda by the case. I found a box of 20oz Pepsis with the Rock Band caps for twenty bucks! It held 24 bottles so that's less than a dollar per cap... even less if you recycle :p[/QUOTE]

holy crap, thanks - that's sweet! I'll have to hit up the liquor stores!!

[quote name='gindias']Xbox code for Green Day 21 Guns BXBG7-XF3CY-24MYM-HBR6G-RQW83 fucking site defaults to crap box all the time.[/QUOTE]

I got it. Thank you. :D

[quote name='gindias']Xbox code for Green Day 21 Guns BXBG7-XF3CY-24MYM-HBR6G-RQW83 fucking site defaults to crap box all the time.[/QUOTE]crap box, huh?...good one.

I feel like such an ... I accidentally redeemed Take Back The City for the Xbox360 instead of PS3. Hopefully someone out there wants this song just like me and can redeem it for the PS3 and we could switch codes.

If not, I guess I'll just give the code away.

bread's done
Back