Pepsi's "Drink up, Rock out" promotion - Win DLC and Games! STARTS JUNE 2ND!

I just won 12 out of 13 times.

Edit:
WTF, I just checked my account and all those 4 of my wins say try again.

[quote name='ProfWho']Edit:
WTF, I just checked my account and all those 4 of my wins say try again.[/QUOTE]Please elaborate! Did you redeem those wins for prizes already, and now they just show up as losses for some reason? Or are they still technically redeemable, but your account page is glitched? Or do you just seem to be hosed out of four wins?

I'm wondering if this is some weird glitch that occurs when you save your wins for later, that can be avoided by always redeeming your prizes right away. Or if it just randomly occurs on your account page after the fact, whether you've already redeemed for your prize or not.

So, now is the time to start getting the game figs, is what you're saying here. I'm ok with having won... 43 times. I had just started picking songs at random by now anyway.

I don't see how the "wake up at midnight PST, and put in your codes" theory makes sense if people are winning immediately after losing some.

It might be closer to "Ok, you have a XX% chance of winning until 5000 codes are redeemed that day, after which point you have no chance."

[quote name='BustaUppa']Please elaborate! Did you redeem those wins for prizes already, and now they just show up as losses for some reason? Or are they still technically redeemable, but your account page is glitched? Or do you just seem to be hosed out of four wins?

I'm wondering if this is some weird glitch that occurs when you save your wins for later, that can be avoided by always redeeming your prizes right away. Or if it just randomly occurs on your account page after the fact, whether you've already redeemed for your prize or not.[/QUOTE]

I played 11 times in a row. Of those times I only saw the You Lose screen once and the You Win screen 10 times. When I went to my account though where there should be a link to redeem the token, I had 4 try agains. 1 was legit the other 3 should not have been there. I call and they told me there was nothing that they could do about it and that I should simply next time wait a few minutes between playing caps.

I just called about the problem of wins showing up as "Try Again" in account history and unfortunately unlike the previous poster who called in I got someone who had never heard of this problem at all. So she took my info down, but said call back in like a week. Kinda sucks because if I hadn't heard of the problem I know I might not believe the person claiming to have this problem.

For the people asking about this problem..no I did no redeem right away, but I don't think it really is going to make much of a difference. First of all, when you redeem a code it redeems the latest win you've had that you haven't redeemed, it doesn't specifically try to redeem a specific win. Also if you go ahead and redeem after each win you may experience the problem. I think there is some glitch where if you win once, and keep replaying after that it keeps telling you that you won when you really weren't supposed to have won. If you take the time out to go redeem a song, the time delay may cause the glitch to not happen. This may or may not be the other way around as well because I know I both win and lose in batches. I lost 5 in a row, waited a little bit, then "won" about 15-20 in a row, lost 5-10, won 15-20, lost 5-10 then "won" exactly 20 in a row since I counted this time. Out of those last 20 I specifically know 8 of my "wins" show up as "Try Again" in my account history.

edit: now there are two previous posters that called, I'm referring to the one who posted after me on the previous page

All my wins that show up as try agains are just loses in my account history, I also played four trys a minute ago and went 0/4.

Well I just won today so at least I know I can still win at this game.

I do have 2 'try agains' from yesterday, but I know that I only saw the "you lose" screen once during 5 plays so I guess somehow a win became a loss for me. :cry:

I'm noticing alot more listings on ebay for caps today. Guess people are trying to get what they can before it becomes widely known that this isn't a guaranteed win any longer. Keep that in mind before buying online, definitely do not pay more than .50 per cap.

Well I sure am glad I used most of my eBay-purchased codes during the "boom period" of this promotion. If the rest of my codes aren't winners, at least there will be some actual Pepsi to show for it.

So it sounds like maybe people should make a point of redeeming prizes right away, before playing again? I'm not sure how foolproof that is, but I'll at least feel safer if I keep doing it that way. I wonder if there is some sort of browser/caching issue that Pepsi didn't anticipate that's causing the "You Win" screen to show up at the wrong time.

I'll usually have a bottle at work most days so I'm no longer buying them for this promotion specifically, but I've lost like 6 or 7 in a row now, and I always redeem right away. Don't think that's part of the issue.

[quote name='KaneRobot']I'll usually have a bottle at work most days so I'm no longer buying them for this promotion specifically, but I've lost like 6 or 7 in a row now, and I always redeem right away. Don't think that's part of the issue.[/QUOTE]Did you ever get the win screen, only for it to count as a loss in your account? Or were they just "normal" losses?

I'm wondering if there was always some issue with the "Win" screen showing up at the wrong time, but people just didn't notice it before because no one was actually losing at the time.

its 2:30 est and still no call back from pepsi...if i dont hear back about 5 or 6ish im going to call them. They took all my codes over the phone that i won yesterday with and from the sounds of it were going to redeem me the codes i lost back or something...i ended up yesterday being on the phone for 15 mins waiting for her to talk to the supervisor. If i call back today with the same resaults as i have, im going to throw a fit over the phone to see if i get anything for free. Last time i did that microsoft gave me free premium headphones for zune, a zune home kit, and a free zune wooo hooo.... *crosses fingers for free rock band figure*

[quote name='BustaUppa']I'm wondering if there was always some issue with the "Win" screen showing up at the wrong time, but people just didn't notice it before because no one was actually losing at the time.[/QUOTE]

I'd bet the glitch has likely been there all along, but the real reason people didn't notice it is because the system was giving virtually a 100% chance of winning anyway. I know I was about 50/50 and my account history showed all the wins correctly.

[quote name='aem']I'd bet the glitch has likely been there all along, but the real reason people didn't notice it is because the system was giving virtually a 100% chance of winning anyway. I know I was about 50/50 and my account history showed all the wins correctly.[/QUOTE]Yeeeeeah exactly. At first I assumed that the glitch must coincide with whatever factor is decreasing the odds of winning lately. But the two things are not necessarily related.

just lost for the 1st time myself.. oh well.. looks like it's time to switch back to a healthier drink... or at least throw a coke or sprite in there from time to time when i'm cravings zeh soda

what is up with this

Ah, well. Good while it lasted. Not that the promotion is dead, mind you, since people are still getting decent win ratios.

I'd be curious to see what kind of effect this 'sure-thing' promotion had on sales of 20oz Pepsi. I don't know about the rest of you, but I certainly increased my impulse-purchasing of bottles by an ungodly amount (even though I had/have 200+ cans sitting at home). I have to imagine most of you did the same.

Yup.
Everytime I was in a convenience store I saw the yellow cap and thought, "Damn, that's 1 free song / 200 points right there..."

Normally I'll buy a juice but couldn't resist.

I just lost also for the first time right now going 1 for 2 for today with about 25 more caps to enter. For the total promotion I am 108 for 109, seeing that "Try Again" screen finally today was a shock to me.

p.s
So there are no more Wii points? So what happens when you redeem a winning token for a Wii song? Do you lose that token for good or does it just go back into your account?

[quote name='ajh2298']I just lost also for the first time right now going 1 for 2 for today with about 25 more caps to enter. For the total promotion I am 108 for 109, seeing that "Try Again" screen finally today was a shock to me.

p.s
So there are no more Wii points? So what happens when you redeem a winning token for a Wii song? Do you lose that token for good or does it just go back into your account?[/QUOTE]
When you pick a Wii song and hit submit, you get this:

We are in the process of getting more Wii tokens. Please check back later this week to get your token for this song.
You keep your tokens.

[quote name='BustaUppa']Did you ever get the win screen, only for it to count as a loss in your account? Or were they just "normal" losses?

I'm wondering if there was always some issue with the "Win" screen showing up at the wrong time, but people just didn't notice it before because no one was actually losing at the time.[/QUOTE]

I always just had normal losses. No false wins.

[quote name='Nintendokid54']still no updated set list... :([/QUOTE]

I really don't think they are going to update anymore now that the send your own video contest is done. They were only adding the new songs for people to use as submissions.

Went 1/2 a couple times, then went 1/5 last night. Ouch!

The bright side in all this (in a roundabout way) is that I can feel free to just buy new DLC now instead of waiting to see if it gets added to the Pepsi list. Using my discounted MS points is once again the cheapest way to get a song, now that I'm "spending" the price of 2-5 Pepsi bottles per song via the contest.

Racked up my first loss, which brings me to 43/44. The blessing and curses of CAG (and other sites/adverts for this promo)
:) I found out about this promo through CAG and I won ~$70 worth of free downloads for Rock Band.
:cry: A whole bunch of other people found out about this promo and now it is no longer a guaranteed win.

Oh well... I had my fun while it lasted.:D

Anyone want to trade a club nintendo code (Links Xbow) worth 60 coins for 3 UNUSED pepsi/rockband codes? PM me.
I just played my first code (1/1) and would like a few more songs.

OK, well, I won a code, but stupid default 360 option means my code is useless (I only have a Wii). First song didn't work, so selected one at random (Blondie - Call Me) hit submit then realized I got a redemption code for the 360 not the Wii.

So, for anyone who's interested:
TY6KB-67FTP-YMMD4-THHHT-2XJFY

If anyone has a Wii code they'd like to PM in return, I'd be most appreciative.

[quote name='digitap']OK, well, I won a code, but stupid default 360 option means my code is useless (I only have a Wii). First song didn't work, so selected one at random (Blondie - Call Me) hit submit then realized I got a redemption code for the 360 not the Wii.

So, for anyone who's interested:
TY6KB-67FTP-YMMD4-THHHT-2XJFY

If anyone has a Wii code they'd like to PM in return, I'd be most appreciative.[/QUOTE]

The code has already been used...

Thanks anyway.

Lets play a little game. The three codes below are for 200 Wii Points each. As you know, when entering into the Wii, there are 4 blocks of 4 characters. I am going to remove the last block- and put it below. Figure out which goes where.

2330 4806 0139 ????
2330 9854 9126 ????
2330 9642 3517 ????

When the codes are discovered, PLEASE POST that. Don't make me regret making this an open contest. Restore part of my faith in CAG contests.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']Lets play a little game. The three codes below are for 200 Wii Points each. As you know, when entering into the Wii, there are 4 blocks of 4 characters. I am going to remove the last block- and put it below. Figure out which goes where.

2330 4806 0139 ????
2330 9854 9126 ????
2330 9642 3517 ????

When the codes are discovered, PLEASE POST that. Don't make me regret making this an open contest. Restore part of my faith in CAG contests.[/QUOTE]

Start regretting. I got 2 of them entered and someone already had them discovered.

[quote name='kirby_fox']Start regretting. I got 2 of them entered and someone already had them discovered.[/QUOTE]Same here, I tried the first and second.

I am really disappointed in the lurkers. That is the last time I am throwing codes out in the open.

I did it as a test to see what would happen. Not happy with the results.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']I am really disappointed in the lurkers. That is the last time I am throwing codes out in the open.

I did it as a test to see what would happen. Not happy with the results.[/QUOTE]

I agree - I was at least hoping that someone would actually want that song and at least write a thanks. Probably some kid who's never even heard it before snatched it up.

Quick off-topic referance to the Blondie song given away earlier today,

Debbie Harry is credited as being one of the first female rappers with her album, "Rockbird"

I was 11/11 this morning at my special time...

Got 9 or so caps today at work.. problem is, I own the rb2 songs i want. i just want wii points so its a waiting game now...

Just went 2/5 on DLC.

Looks like I will go back to drinking Mt. Dew. No reason to continue with Pepsi if I'm not going to be winning much.

bread's done
Back