Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies (AA5) - DLC episode released!

[quote name='VileEighty']They confirmed NA/EU release a looong while ago already![/QUOTE]

Seriously? Damn, I've been worried about nothing haha. Do we have confirmation of the Layton crossover?

[quote name='62t']Not just visual novel, Otome game.[/QUOTE]

Very true. Said visual novel because Phoenix Wright may as well be a visual novel for the most part.

Also note that Aksys is releasing a RETAIL VERSION of one of those otome games for the 3DS. You cannot fucking tell me that a new Phoenix Wright would perform any worse at retail than a fucking otome game with nearly zero brand recognition.

I think Capcom's digital release of Ace Attorney is just a show that they have absolutely very little faith in their non-SF/RE franchises, because they won't sell well and can't be milked for its worth. What the hell is Capcom releasing this year anyway?

I might jump on the digital version, maybe not at launch. Never bought an eShop game before.

Hopefully, Ace Attorney Investigations 2 gets a digital release. If not, I might look for fan translations of AAI2.

[quote name='detectiveconan16']I think Capcom's digital release of Ace Attorney is just a show that they have absolutely very little faith in their non-SF/RE franchises, because they won't sell well and can't be milked for its worth. What the hell is Capcom releasing this year anyway?[/QUOTE]
In that respect, Capcom is just like Square Enix with Final Fantasy and everything Eidos.

I love Japanese games, but I'm not all that fond of the bigger Japanese publishers nowadays. As for Atlus, Marvelous AQL, Nippon Ichi, etc.... no complaints.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']I might jump on the digital version, maybe not at launch. Never bought an eShop game before.

Hopefully, Ace Attorney Investigations 2 gets a digital release. If not, I might look for fan translations of AAI2.[/QUOTE]
I'll buy it for sure. Maybe not at launch, but it's getting bought at some point.

As for AAI2, looks like digital's the only way it'll come out here now-- provided we beg and plead for it, of course.

I'm in a big dilemma here... I really enjoy the series and want the game, but do not want to encourage this behavior by Capcom if they're going to charge full price for a digital copy of a non-niche title. If no one buys it, they'll say they were right not to bring it over and then we won't get as many future titles either. But I want physical to keep if I like the game, or re-sell if it's not good enough for me to keep forever.

[quote name='detectiveconan16']I think Capcom's digital release of Ace Attorney is just a show that they have absolutely very little faith in their non-SF/RE franchises, because they won't sell well and can't be milked for its worth. What the hell is Capcom releasing this year anyway?[/QUOTE]

RE Revelations HD
Remember Me
Lost Planet 3
A bunch of XBLA/PSN games: Ducktales HD & Dungeons & Dragons HD Collection I know for sure then possibly some others.

I know people want carts, but if this game doesn't sell then say good bye to Phoenix Wright in the US. Each release since the first has sold less and less.

Although I do wish Capcom would get the HD Trilogy out for iOS or put the DS games on the EShop so I can give them money instead of a 3rd party buying used.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']The video looks fucking fantastic... really torn here. fuck you Capcom!![/QUOTE]

:lol:

It's too bad this is digital only... I would buy this day one if there was a physical release.

[quote name='MSUHitman']You have a Japanese 3DS? 3DS is region locked.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry, I already have JPN 3DS in hand :)

Yay, the Gavins are returning. We had better get Kristoph. And a confrontation between him and Edgeworth.

EDIT: Oh, and the return of Trucy's panties.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']The video looks fucking fantastic... really torn here. fuck you Capcom!![/QUOTE]

[quote name='Vinny']:lol:

It's too bad this is digital only... I would buy this day one if there was a physical release.[/QUOTE]

Everyone bitching about an EShop only release of this game I hope you realize there's people still pissed at Sega for not localizing Valkyria Chronicles 3, with a similar-sized fan base, for a release in the West. We'd love to get a digital release only of that.

When you refuse to buy Phoenix Wright digitally and Capcom USA says no more Phoenix Wright games you'll have no one but yourselves to blame. I understand the ownership issue regarding Nintendo's online but I'll deal with that if I have to. I was able to give Capcom money for the first time for Phoenix Wright with the HD Trilogy on iOS this week. All my previous AA purchases have been on used copies b/c I couldn't buy new.

Now are they going to price this at $39.99 even though it's digital only or will they price it at $34.99 so everyone can just buy a $35 E-Shop card and be good to go?

These are chibi stickers that are coming with the LE from e-Capcom:

ss5stickers.jpg

[quote name='maigoyume']Unlikely, but I'd be down for that price point.[/QUOTE]

I always enjoy paying less for games, but this is one series I have no problems supporting at a regular price. With the series teetering back and forth for US support, I want this release to garner as much profit as possible. I will be there Day 1 @ 39.99 and not bat an eye to do so.

Why would it be $34.99-$39.99? The most a digital-only game has been on eShop has been $11.99 and there's no physical version to compete with or drive up costs. Even Wii digital-only purchases usually max out at $15.

You're wrong in that regard. There are plenty of games that are at full retail price, that's what Nintendo has been pushing for ages. Look at Unchained Blades for an example of a 3rd party game at full price.

[quote name='Yanksfan']I always enjoy paying less for games, but this is one series I have no problems supporting at a regular price. With the series teetering back and forth for US support, I want this release to garner as much profit as possible. I will be there Day 1 @ 39.99 and not bat an eye to do so.[/QUOTE]I'm in at the full price point, but its wishful thinking on my part for a $20-$30 price. I don't want to hear anyone else complaining about not getting any other AA titles.

this trailer got me all excited so started playing gyakuten kenji 2 in japanese again.

it's super difficult to understand though.

Gameplay footage. Interestingly enough, Dual Destinies is rated M; the previous games were rated T.

Investigation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_HlFbtj9jc

Courtroom:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtCyq-TQiaA

EDIT: The new prosecutor is Simon Blackquill, accompanied by his hawk Taka.

Last edited by a moderator:
Capcom announced that DLC for this game was heading to Japan a couple days ago and now it has been confirmed that DLC will be heading to us in the west as well.

aa5_turnabout_return_thumb.jpg

...titled “Special Chapter: Turnabout Return”. This will bridge the gap between Apollo Justice and Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies, and will depict Phoenix’s first case after regaining his badge to practice law once more.

Unfortunately for Phoenix, his first case after getting his badge back is a classic Ace Attorney madcap moment—he’s hired by a trainer who dresses like a pirate to defend her orca against a murder charge in court.

If anybody cares to know, this is what the LE's XL case size is like... it's not really a snug fit by any stretch of the imagination. I was a little disappointed because I was hoping it would be, but maybe somebody, somewhere was beating themselves up for not being able to snag one and this would ease some of that pain!

11tanpv.jpg

Yay! Another Pika 3DS owner with Justice for All stylus in tow! :wave:

Would have loved the LE with all its goodies, but I simply couldn't justify the expense for a game I wouldn't be able to play. :cry:

I bought a new SD card over the weekend, specifically for this game. I am freaking stupid when it comes to Phoenix Wright. I paid full price for almost every game in the series, and will pay full price for this one as well. Unlike a lot of the games I collect, I always play my Ace Attorney games, beginning to end.

I'm still not happy about there not being a physical copy of this title. I've got my Ace Attorney games lined up nice and neat on my shelf. I was really hoping to add another one. But I'm still going to get this as soon as it comes out. This is a series I get to play, not just decorate the shelf.

Now when are they going to announce the  fuck release date!!??!

I forget if it was this game or the Layton crossover, but someone on the US team said that the voices would change since there would be actual voice acting in the game.

bread's done
Back