Phoenix Wright in stock

hfdpro

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
National Console Support has Phoenix Wright in stock. It's listed at $35.00 plus shipping.

http://www.ncsxshop.com/cgi-bin/shop/NTR-P-AGYE.html

Does anyone know if this is the price when it was first released?

I'm thinking of ordering one but I would hate to see it in the stores for less.

I guess that's the CAG in me.

From Troz1820 on third page:
In stock at walmart.com: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/sear...ntinue.x=0&Continue.y=0&Continue=Find&ic=20_0

Perhaps the stores will stock it as well?

Damn, I've been looking for this game ever since I heard it was out of production. My cheapness is only outweighed by the loss of game availablility. I ended up buying Trauma Center on ebay to ease the pain.

NCSX is reporting they'll have the next reprint in on July 26th. I would assume that that means most of the stores that tend to get it (Walmart, J&R, CDUniverse, etc) will get it around that time as well.

http://www.ncsx.com/2006/071006/ncs0710h.htm

Seriously, if you want it, ORDER IT. NCSX has never burned anyone (well, they're expensive but I mean people haven't been told it's in stock when it's not and had a cancelled order). Walmart seems pretty good as long as you get your order in early. FYE/CDUniverse seem to screw people occasionally.

If you really want the game, get your order in. This is NOT a game that you'll find cheap if you just wait -- it'll be gone. Look back on this thread to see the people who waited too long and missed it.

I'm on case 5 right now. I am pre-ordering the second one as as It's posted on Walmart's website, or GS/EB if they have pre-order extras.

[quote name='pinoy530']People looking for it should check the GS/EB inventory online. I found mine that way, complete for $17.99 after discount.[/QUOTE]

Been there, done that. Nothing within 100 miles of me. (San Jose, CA). The one in Manteca isn't really there (if it still shows up in the system). I called to confirm.

Got my copy from seekshopping.com about a month back when the thread first started.

Amazon has their shipment listed for september, but I wonder if they might get it sooner since it seems like everyone else is.

OK, five minutesa go my Amazon order said:

Estimated Ship Date: July 17th, 2006
Estimated Delivery Date: July 19th, 2006

Amazon also changed the item recently to "Not Yet Released" and due to be released September 16th, 2006.

I called up Amazon and since the shipping date was wrong, the guy changed my shipping to Overnight for no charge. :D He also did it because changing the shipping would refresh the estimated date. Doing this changed it to:

Estimated Ship Date: September 18, 2006
Estimated Delivery Date: September 19, 2006

So no real luck here. I'm thinking about giving up on getting an NA copy and just going the Play-Asia route. Honestly, I'm tired of trying to get my hands on it over here.

I have to confess, I got mine at Gamestop for $20 almost a year ago. I called to reserve it, and the employee on the phone agreed to hold it for me, not knowing that one of his coworkers had taken it back for his own purchasing. He griped after I bought it mostly at his coworker (Nothing bad at me.) Nevertheless, I nearly shouted, "TOO BAD BITCH" or something of the sort, but I just grabbed the bag, receipt, and quickly left in as classy a fashion as I could muster. Pristine condition, too!

von Karma in Case 4 was just a jerk. The Case 2 climax was just a BRILLIANTLY planned case of outwitting me, but Case 4 was just "Yeah, the judge is von Karma's bitch, and no matter how much Karma outright lies, blatantly coaches witnesses to OUTRIGHT MISLEAD THE COURT, or otherwise tries to control the court, nobody will call him out on it." He was more of a bully and a cartoon character than anything else.

Either way, though, the true mastermind behind case 4, not to spoil even the villain's gender to avoid leading anyone around, had an almost artistic flair. Definitely an old-school psychological villain-ish plot with full respect to the power of symbolism. That's the sort of villain you only see in LITERATURE, or in movies like Amadeus! Sheer genius.

Of course, the villain from Case 5 was so much more awesome still, but the Case 5 villain's plot wasn't as much artistic as the Case 4 villain's was.

Case 5 was pretty damn rough. Took me quite awhile to finish, and the last trial was a pain in the ass. Nevertheless PW was a awesome game and I'm suprised it isn't rated higher on gamerankings. Probably my favorite DS game behind Mario Kart and slightly above Castlevania.

The problem with it is that until Case 5, it's very much simply a slightly more complicated Choose Your Own Adventure Book, rather than a game. This doesn't mean that it's not entertaining, and it doesn't make me recommend it any less. But, it doesn't negate the fact that in general you're simply looking for the right path to follow, and that if you try to do anything else, you're up against a wall.

Case 5 does a better job at pretending it's a game because you can actually examine items in your inventory.

-HM

I picked up the game over the weekend and it's still in the shrink wrap. I'll get around to it eventually, but I just wanted to OWN it until I clear away some other games...that way when I'm ready to play it I won't have to pay 50-100 bucks on eBay someday.

[quote name='Kelegacy']I picked up the game over the weekend and it's still in the shrink wrap. I'll get around to it eventually, but I just wanted to OWN it until I clear away some other games...that way when I'm ready to play it I won't have to pay 50-100 bucks on eBay someday.[/quote]

where did you find it?

[quote name='kurrptsenate']where did you find it?[/QUOTE]
My friend owns a game store. I live in an apartment in the same downtown building. I saw a brand new copy for 29.99 in the display case and ran down to pick it up. Funny thing is, I left it there for days before I decided to buy it. Why? I knew I wouldn't play it for a long time, but finally sense came and smacked me in the face and told me to pick it up before I lose the chance to play it forever.

I have it used at the store I work at for $20, complete and perfect condition. I'm just waiting on the customer that it's on wait for to let us know if she wants it :(.

Just wanted to mention that my CDUniverse order for Phoenix Wright shipped today. I got it for $23.88 shipped using that Google checkout coupon a whiles back, so I'll probably be cancelling my Amazon order soon.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']Just wanted to mention that my CDUniverse order for Phoenix Wright shipped today. I got it for $23.88 shipped using that Google checkout coupon a whiles back, so I'll probably be cancelling my Amazon order soon.[/QUOTE]

Judy, you just took the words right out of my mouth.

I was just about to mention that this was back in stock at CD Universe. I was going to wait for Amazon's shipment, but I went ahead and ordered one just to be on the safe side.

[quote name='APE992']Amazon keeps juggling the release date. If you can't commit don't give us one.[/QUOTE]

I gave up on Amazon. Ended up ordering one off Ebay for $33.xx.

I complained and they upgraded my shipping for free to 2 day. An improvement but still having to wait until the 28th at most. Better than UPS whos decided 3 day shipping means you can reschedule deliveries. Good thing its a harddrive and not something time senseitive.

I just ordered it from CDUniverse but the cupon (GBUY10) didn't work even after I made a Google cart account. It said the promotion had ended... Oh well, it would have been great to save $10 but I'm happy to jsut egt this game at retail price...

Ordered on July 2 from Amazon...Still waiting. My account says expected delivery on August 17, but the item on the page says Pre-Order for August 29. At this point I don't think I'm getting it. Same thing happened to me with FYE.com. Ordered while it was in stock, went on back order, 4 months later my order was cancelled by FYE.

i think i'm going to cancel my amazon order and go with cduniverse. I'll pay 3 bucks more but at least i'll get my game this month

Amazon always ships crap late. Even if you've pre-ordered something that's due to be released on a certain date, Amazon buyers always get it two weeks late, it seems.

I also canceled my order with Amazon. My order was delayed until mid September. Screw that. I went with CDUniverse too. I'm glad I joined this place.

I just got my from Walmart.com. I don't know if it's in the B&M stores, but they only charge .97 shipping, and the game is $29.82. The only rub is that since there are Walmarts everywhere(!), they charge tax, so the total is $32.95. At least it's better than Amazon, I'll get it this year...

Also, if anyone uses Upromise, there's a bonus 5% rebate at Walmart.com, so I'll eventually get $1.65 back. Not an awesome deal, but better than nothing.

Link

[quote name='joalcom']I just got my from Walmart.com. I don't know if it's in the B&M stores, but they only charge .97 shipping, and the game is $29.82. The only rub is that since there are Walmarts everywhere(!), they charge tax, so the total is $32.95. At least it's better than Amazon, I'll get it this year...

Also, if anyone uses Upromise, there's a bonus 5% rebate at Walmart.com, so I'll eventually get $1.65 back. Not an awesome deal, but better than nothing.

Link[/quote]

Yeah, I did the same. Screw Amazon, they just changed my shipping date from next week to September.

[quote name='lawdood']Yeah, I did the same. Screw Amazon, they just changed my shipping date from next week to September.[/quote]

Got the same email...and ordered from Wal-Mart. Cancelling Amazon...NOW!

I have two copies of the game brand new. One is 35.00 shipped. The other, because it's a UK import, is 41.00 shipped. PM if interested.

CDUniverse shipped mine. No tracking number but if they shipped anything for $2.99 it will probably be here next week.

I'm bumping this thread because Phoenix Wright is arguably the most important adventure game to come out in the last 10 years.

Also, I wish I'd waited a bit longer to buy it in the US to boost domestic sales. I'll be sure to pre-order PW2.

Looks like a big reprint happened, as EBGamestop is showing "backordered" now for a new copy, not just the used copy. Also, it looks like they bumped the used price by $5 to $24.99, so now I have greater incentive to buy new :)

I ordered from Walmart.com this past weekend. I got it in the mail today and played the first case. Seems very cool so far. I just hope the other cases are longer.

bread's done
Back