Pikachu-Themed New 3DS XL MSRP $199.99 (2/24/17)

I would imagine they would let you know over the phone if you can do that
True, but everyone knows that CAG knows more than the employees. Some of the guys that they kept around even after the holidays at my closest store are... unique. Best information is always right here on this site.

Just put one down. $25. And it wasn't the bundle. IMG_3035.PNG
Thanks! Looks like I'll be going back out to put $25 on it just in case.

I just pre-ordered in store as well, didn't even have to give the SKU.  The cashier was able to pull the listing up no problem, receipt matches the 2 already posted.

$200 is not a rip off but pokemon game is getting old and bored for me lol.
I still enjoy the series, but find it's not as replayable as I once thought.

Sun & Moon, like Black and White.. I started.. got bored and quit.

I DID beat all the others all the way through

I cancelled my bundle preorder after going in store and getting the system alone. I'm selling my launch model, but my kid has a 2ds so I really don't need a $10 power cord. Online had charged me a required $5 shipping too.

Should I preorder it from gamestop? I have a $25 giftcard there.

But If I can get one from best buy (The site doesn't offer the pikachu new 3ds xl for preorder yet) I can use my $50 gift card.

What do you guys suggest me doing?

Preordering now to get a copy from gamestop or wait and see if best buy will put it on their site?

Should I preorder it from gamestop? I have a $25 giftcard there.

But If I can get one from best buy (The site doesn't offer the pikachu new 3ds xl for preorder yet) I can use my $50 gift card.

What do you guys suggest me doing?

Preordering now to get a copy from gamestop or wait and see if best buy will put it on their site?
PRE order gamestop now and IF you get to preorder later at Best Buy, cancel preorder at GameStop.

Did Gamestop stop doing authorizations when ordering? I swear I remember getting them before like Best Buy but I have no activity on my card from Gamestop. 

Just preordered in store as well. No SKU needed. Already showing up under my preorders on the GameStop app.

Thanks to Vendetta_x360 for sharing. Now to unload my Majoras Mask new 3DS XL

Forgive the thread jack, but I have an unused, new in box, Majora's Mask N3DS XL for sale, if anyone is interested.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Got one pre-ordered in-store. Not sure how many they are getting. Forgot to ask. Seems like a good use of my trade credit since apparently GS doesn't want to sell anything to me online anymore.

I pulled the trigger on this today. I was thinking about getting a Switch, but there's no games I want for it. I'll finally be able to replace my launch black 3ds. I've wanted a Pikachu 3ds forever.
. What if switch has 3ds games on the store for
DL? I'm wondering if this a last min cash in

Got one pre-ordered in-store. Not sure how many they are getting. Forgot to ask. Seems like a good use of my trade credit since apparently GS doesn't want to sell anything to me online anymore.
Almost did the same but I couldn't pay $200 for that when I'll be picking up the Switch for $100 more. My broken 3ds will have to do I guess lol

Is there anything to indicate this'll be exclusive to Gamestop? I expected it'd show up at another store by now.
MsTZzyN.png

I miss compUSA :(

I would like this but I can't really think of any games I'd want to play that were New3DS exclusive only, everything I'd want to play works fine on my 3ds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did instore orders sell out today? Was stuck on stupid campus all day in classes. Probably gonna trade my Link Between Worlds XL for this while I can get 130$ with the coupon

This edition is so nice that for a moment the thought of getting a 2nd one crossed my mind. This is the slippery slope that leads to hoarding..  :ziplip:

I think I'll buy one, if I can find one.  I can't get to a store to preorder, and I don't want to support Gamestop with the "bundles".  I really like the design on this one.

I want to do this too. What did you do for any preloaded stuff or games on your "fat" memory card?
I'm not getting rid of my current system until I do the system transfer to this one. I have a ton of digital games, and my current system is an ambassador system. I don't want to risk losing any of that.

Got one at my store. Guy said I was the only one to ask about it yet.
Guy at my store said "Oh I just read about that but haven't seen a picture of it yet." I showed him a picture so I imagine I was the first one too.

Now I really have to debate if I want it. This would be my 8th 3DS 😅

Yea I got the "There is a new Pikachu 3DS?" questioning look when I went in too. One of the guys working knew about it. Another one commented something about he knew where his next paycheck was going. Gotta admit $200 does seem expensive when Nintendo is releasing the Switch @ $300, holiday demand is over, and we just had that $100 N3DS on BF. That said, even if Nintendo drops the MSRP to $150 this year I expect this one to hold its value. 

The original Pikachu 3ds's sealed are going for like $350+ on eBay last I checked so this will hold value.

The original Pikachu 3ds's sealed are going for like $350+ on eBay last I checked so this will hold value.
I also think this system will hold its value.

Even with the Switch releasing around the same time, the Switch is no longer backwards compatible with DS and/or 3DS game cards. I see N3DS systems continuing to hold their value, if not rise substantially, as current systems wear out and die. Retro gaming (even one generation removed) is still very much a real thing, leading to retained value on older systems and games.

bread's done
Back