Pikachu-Themed New 3DS XL MSRP $199.99 (2/24/17)

Yeah pearl white is an awesome color for the New 3DS XL, since it has that same diagonal line "texture" that the other solid color units have. It's definitely not just a plain solid white as it appears in photos.

I went to my local GameStop and gave them $25 for a naked Pikachu New 3DS XL preorder.  Told me they were only getting 4.  Its is a fairly busy store, so if you are interested I would say you should preorder.

might just try to dump it to gamestop and see what they give me      (unless someone wants to offer me something here)    or i might keep it as a back back up system since the  d pad and touch screen still work... i dont feel like trying to take it apart to put in a new c pad 

really shocked it would just snap off lke that 

Wellllll, that was just a Black Friday price, y'know?

Those N3DS units were selling at a retail of $149.99 before the Black Friday limited edition. Buuut Walmart is now the only retailer that even carries the N3DS (or any 3DS handheld at all for awhile there) so why not up the retail to $179.99, I guess.

Meanwhile, 

Both of my local gamestops only had an allocation of 2 Pikachu N3DS XL per store. That seems pretty crazy imo since both stores-- though one significantly more than the other--are large volume stores.

Last edited by a moderator:
I preordered a pikachu in store today.  I thought I was getting a great deal trading in my black N3DS XL around BF for $150.  I've been kind of regretting it since.

I also spotted a preowned white mario 3DS on the shelf.  I thinking about buying it, expecting a sub $100 price.  The preowned price is now 189.99, ha.

Wellllll, that was just a Black Friday price, y'know?

Those N3DS units were selling at a retail of $149.99 before the Black Friday limited edition. Buuut Walmart is now the only retailer that even carries the N3DS (or any 3DS handheld at all for awhile there) so why not up the retail to $179.99, I guess.

Meanwhile,

Both of my local gamestops only had an allocation of 2 Pikachu N3DS XL per store. That seems pretty crazy imo since both stores-- though one significantly more than the other--are large volume stores.
The standard retail price for the n3ds moving forward is 99. Walmart in store if you can find one is 99. Look at brickseek. Amazon got some in stock three weeks ago at99 too. There's zero point in paying 180 for a new 3ds or 190 for an XL.

The standard retail price for the n3ds moving forward is 99. Walmart in store if you can find one is 99. Look at brickseek. Amazon got some in stock three weeks ago at99 too. There's zero point in paying 180 for a new 3ds or 190 for an XL.
there are many pts in paying 190 for an xl when the normal 3ds is too small

Can't believe these things are still in stock at GS.com.  Perhaps they won't be as rare as I thought.  Especially considering how hungry the customer base is to buy 3DSes atm.

Can't believe these things are still in stock at GS.com. Perhaps they won't be as rare as I thought. Especially considering how hungry the customer base is to buy 3DSes atm.
I imagine it's because it's so close to switch release. My store is high volume and they were only allotted 4.

I imagine it's because it's so close to switch release. My store is high volume and they were only allotted 4.
Well, that and GS.com is forcing you to buy a third party AC adapter or other junk to even purchase the 3DSXL and charging shipping. I know that's not the case in-store, but that's probably why online is still in stock.

Brickseek =/= retail automatically. Never has, never will.

$100 was marketed as a limited time offer, a special price.

And we all know how well Walmart B&M is managed--just because something never experienced a price change in store, that doesn't mean it wasn't supposed to.

I thought all CAGS knew brickseek wasn't about official retail prices. /shrug

Brickseek =/= retail automatically. Never has, never will.
$100 was marketed as a limited time offer, a special price.
And we all know how well Walmart B&M is managed--just because something never experienced a price change in store, that doesn't mean it wasn't supposed to.
I thought all CAGS knew brickseek wasn't about official retail prices. /shrug
It's not official but it's a gauge. Look at brickseek and Nowinstock. As recently as 3 weeks ago amazon had them at 99.

If we're talking about other models that had gone out of stock... I just checked the Lime Green 3DS XL at Amazon, and they said it would be back in stock on Feb 4. Ordered one, and after, noticed Amazon was no longer listed as a seller on the merchant choice page. Maybe I just snagged a return.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B01LYUA6OS/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new
What you just bought was a used 3DS that someone boxed up and lied to Amazon about when they returned it and said it was new. With the 3DS there's a ton of people who buy them, open 'em up and check for IPS screens, and if they don't get it, they box it back up and return it as new.

I preordered a pikachu in store today. I thought I was getting a great deal trading in my black N3DS XL around BF for $150. I've been kind of regretting it since.

I also spotted a preowned white mario 3DS on the shelf. I thinking about buying it, expecting a sub $100 price. The preowned price is now 189.99, ha.
$190? What the hell gamestop...

Okay im confussed why would  people want these 

New Nintendo 3DS XL - Pikachu Yellow Edition   on sale now 

i mean if they are only getting 300  if your lucky  why would  these coming in feb  fetch anything more.. These can play  usa games 

i had one preordered but thinking of cancelling i doubt i would even get what i paid out of it   (looking at flipping credit for cash) 

It's not official but it's a gauge. Look at brickseek and Nowinstock. As recently as 3 weeks ago amazon had them at 99.
The issue is that there's no edict declaring $99.99 is the new suggested retail price for N3DS handheld bundles.

It's been $220 for Animal Crossing.

It's been $200 for PKMN 20th Anni.

It's been $150 for New Super Mario 3D.

And yeah, some bundles have gone on sale, just like the XL units, but that sale is not retail. Because its a sale. That's all I'm saying.

The Mario 3D World bundle was available for months at $150--there were even some left at Target.Com a week before Black Friday.

Problem is, you wait too long, you gotta deal with the aftermarket hike. And that's where we are now.

As for Amazon: holiday returns

next

Hype for this system got me like

v6ykuq1lx5vtynddlnj9.gif

like i said i preorder one hoping to flip it for the cash i paid for it... hate having all of this credit at gamestop.... same with the switch just flipping it for what i paid
I would try to sell it for more money than I paid, but that's just me.

What you just bought was a used 3DS that someone boxed up and lied to Amazon about when they returned it and said it was new. With the 3DS there's a ton of people who buy them, open 'em up and check for IPS screens, and if they don't get it, they box it back up and return it as new.
The IPS screen will look just as good on my shelf. :D/ :3ds:

How do you tell if your new 3ds XL has an ips?
It's really obvious when you're holding a 3DS in your hand. With the screen on, turn it away from you at various angles. If the screen is very clear from all angles, it's an IPS screen. If it fades out as you turn it, it's TN.

The IPS screen will look just as good on my shelf. :D/ :3ds:
Most people don't open them and return it if they have an IPS screen. They return them when they get double TN or TN top and IPS bottom. You could get lucky and someone just returned it because they had a noisy hinge or a creaky backplate. Or you could get super duper lucky and it's an actual legit return that's never been opened.

It's been super weird, but all NN3DS systems have vanished.

I went on eBay just to take a look, and a basic black version of the NN3DS XL is fetching about $280 ... and I think that is for a used one. Super weird.

Any who. Snagging this, Another FE themed 3DS would be nice once Echoes releases.

EDIT: Where else is this being sold?
I traded in my link between worlds 3dsxl before black Friday. It was in immaculate condition, includes all the original packaging, and it probably had less than 20 hours of use. Anyways I traded it in to GS for a little less than $110. I check Amazon a week or two ago, and I calculated the fees, shipping, etc. and I guarantee I could have got back at least $200 for it by selling it through Amazon's marketplace. Made me feel sick, especially since I had had it sitting around for a few years before I traded it in. Just really bad timing on my part.

are the different screens really that big of a deal for most people
For most people? No, but the 3D effect works better for the IPS screens in general, and that's the main reason why I prefer them. The quality of the TN panels vary too.. some TNs are close to IPS quality while some are completely washed out crap.

Unless you buy one from ebay at a high price, you're likely gonna have to do multiple exchanges to get one with IPS screens.

I traded in my link between worlds 3dsxl before black Friday. It was in immaculate condition, includes all the original packaging, and it probably had less than 20 hours of use. Anyways I traded it in to GS for a little less than $110. I check Amazon a week or two ago, and I calculated the fees, shipping, etc. and I guarantee I could have got back at least $200 for it by selling it through Amazon's marketplace. Made me feel sick, especially since I had had it sitting around for a few years before I traded it in. Just really bad timing on my part.
Really? GameStop is almost always a ripoff when it comes to hardware and even games unless it is a trade-up promo. You almost always get better prices on Amazon if not EBay.

eBay or Amazon.. in many cases, you will get back way more for your stuff than Gamestop will ever give you. That's how they make a lot of their money, buy (very) low and sell high.

Of course there is some work involved with selling online. Listing it, packing and shipping.. but I think it's worth the effort. Not just for financial return reason but just to avoid supporting Gamestop.

Crazy, traded in my new 3dsxl before black Friday and got $155. The only reason I did that was so I can get a new 3ds for 99 which I did. I'd be sick too!

Is there any chance these Pikachu systems will have dual IPS screens? I'd like to get one and sell my hyrule edition model, but am worried a dual tn panel would be a noticeable downgrade.

Is there any chance these Pikachu systems will have dual IPS screens? I'd like to get one and sell my hyrule edition model, but am worried a dual tn panel would be a noticeable downgrade.
It will probably be a case of some will, some won't. because, y'know, Nintendo. If something makes sense, they won't do it.

How much more sick would you feel had you sold it on Amazon, spent the cash, and then a day or two before Amazon's mandatory return period is up the buyer wants to return it. Then when you get it, it is no longer in immaculate condition and has a month of peanut butter jelly kid hands of use on it. Extend that to 6 months if using ebay.
I've no love lost for gamestop, they do a whole lot of things I think should ne illegal. But there's something to be said for being able to sell your stuff and not having to worry about them trying to give it back.
Selling on ebay and Amazon isnt as rosy as it once was/ should be.

How much more sick would you feel had you sold it on Amazon, spent the cash, and then a day or two before Amazon's mandatory return period is up the buyer wants to return it. Then when you get it, it is no longer in immaculate condition and has a month of peanut butter jelly kid hands of use on it. Extend that to 6 months if using ebay.
I've no love lost for gamestop, they do a whole lot of things I think should ne illegal. But there's something to be said for being able to sell your stuff and not having to worry about them trying to give it back.
On eBay I would tell them to go fuck themselves. I always put "no returns" and when they try that shit on me, I immediately call eBay and explain the situation. Hell, I've had negative feedback removed from my account because the person was mad I refused a return.

If the person is smart/ scummy enough, they can circumvent ebay altogether and do it through paypal. Many a seller has been screwed by paypal.

It's really obvious when you're holding a 3DS in your hand. With the screen on, turn it away from you at various angles. If the screen is very clear from all angles, it's an IPS screen. If it fades out as you turn it, it's TN.
If the viewing angle on the lower screen deteriorates much more quickly than the top screen, does that mean the top is IPS and the lower is TN?

On ebay once you develop a plausible selling acount this literally happens never.

Usually. Though it could also mean the top panel is a higher quality TN than the lower panel.

OT, I gave a bud from high school my $100 Black N3DS so he could give a 3DS to his wife for Christmas. Well, she saw my Pikachu coverplates and now wants a set. So I go to Ebay and these things are anywhere from $70-$100 now. I try Amazon's foreign domains (co.jp, co.uk, de, fr, ita) and either can't find one that will ship or they carry the same inflated prices.

I love my Pikachu coverplates too much to give them up. NY CAGs, does the physical Nintendo store in New York still carry them? 

Here's a good question does the physical NY store have any new 3ds or xls? I'm in Brooklyn. If they have those and the pikachu plates I'd happily grab a set for cost.

how i understand it if i dont care about my saves

i got a 16gb card now  

i can download something now.. next week pick up a 32gb and just redownload it on the 32gb..

or i can just delete it and redown later 

got a 16gb now  and not sure if i  really need a 32gb  card in this one... sucks the NEW 3ds takes smaller cards then the  normal 3ds xl

Really? GameStop is almost always a ripoff when it comes to hardware and even games unless it is a trade-up promo. You almost always get better prices on Amazon if not EBay.
eBay or Amazon.. in many cases, you will get back way more for your stuff than Gamestop will ever give you. That's how they make a lot of their money, buy (very) low and sell high.

Of course there is some work involved with selling online. Listing it, packing and shipping.. but I think it's worth the effort. Not just for financial return reason but just to avoid supporting Gamestop.
I had had it listed on amazon for the longest time at around $175 or so, it wasn't selling, and the TIV that amazon was offering hadn't budged forever (it had been at $92.xx or so for months on end), so when I saw that I could get $100+ for it at gamestop I jumped at the opportunity. Mind you I never really paid attention to the TIV of 3DSXL consoles on GS's website, so I guess I should have been a bit more wary.

Crazy, traded in my new 3dsxl before black Friday and got $155. The only reason I did that was so I can get a new 3ds for 99 which I did. I'd be sick too!
I should have known better, but I think I was so caught up in the moment of trading everything in that I turned a blind eye to common sense.

True. I would say in the past I've had 1 or 2 issues with buyers on amazon in the past, and that was when I was selling 200+ items a year, but generally the buyers on amazon are straight shooters. eBay... well those buyers are a whole other story and I'm lucky if I don't have at least 1 issue a month (and I sell considerably less stuff than I used to). I do get what you're saying though, you can't beat the convenience of GS, and in the end there definitely is that peace of mind.

bread's done
Back