Pikachu-Themed New 3DS XL MSRP $199.99 (2/24/17)

Is there any chance these Pikachu systems will have dual IPS screens? I'd like to get one and sell my hyrule edition model, but am worried a dual tn panel would be a noticeable downgrade.
There was a dual IPS one on ebay, so there might be a chance. That one was a UAE/Singapore/Malaysia version though (but plays US games), so I don't know for sure if the US version will have have them.

That one sold for $345, and TBH I kind of doubt you'll find a Pikachu dual IPS for lower than that on Ebay. The Fire Emblem ones often sell for $350-$400

Last edited by a moderator:
So are we saying that most of the new 3DS coming out will have dual IPS displays, but some will still be TN?  Any way to make sure you are getting an IPS?

I also remember reading in a couple of places that those $99 Black Friday N3DS had very crappy looking displays, meaning both screens were definitely TN, and possibly even lesser quality (the Super Mario white or black ones).

I still have a Majoras Mask New 3DS XL, the firmware is an older one that was able to mod then, I don't know about now, that's where the value lies in the older ones.

I'm upgrading my daughter to this one even though she just got a Mario Edition New 3DS, I picked up the original Pikachu 3DS with nipples when it first came out.

I tried to preorder one in store at like 6 est and it was a no go. So online is only option now.
I picked one up today in store, maybe your store didn't have anymore allocations or just didn't like you.

So are we saying that most of the new 3DS coming out will have dual IPS displays, but some will still be TN? Any way to make sure you are getting an IPS?

I also remember reading in a couple of places that those $99 Black Friday N3DS had very crappy looking displays, meaning both screens were definitely TN, and possibly even lesser quality (the Super Mario white or black ones).
The only way to check if you're getting dual IPS is to use a scale and weigh it at the store or open the box.. I joke you not, the IPS screens make it weigh more. I think it'd be a bit ridiculous to bring a scale with you, but some people do it.

The build quality on the black friday 3DS varies. Some have shittier TN screens than what you would find on a regular N3DS, while some have good quality screens. My TN screens and hinge are good, but the faceplates have some minor scratches and there are a couple of blemishes on it out of the box lol.

i just really wish the other sites would offer the damn bundle. You guys are making me nervous that gamestop might screw up or cancel my order.

I still have a Majoras Mask New 3DS XL, the firmware is an older one that was able to mod then, I don't know about now, that's where the value lies in the older ones.

I'm upgrading my daughter to this one even though she just got a Mario Edition New 3DS, I picked up the original Pikachu 3DS with nipples when it first came out.

I picked one up today in store, maybe your store didn't have anymore allocations or just didn't like you.
Wanna sell me that Mario 3ds? 🙃

I sold my cosmo black original 3DS in LN condition with box and all components on Amazon on Jan. 12 for $240.
Am I missing something here? Why would someone be willing to pay $240 for a used (even if it's like new) Cosmo Black 3DS... unless you bundled in a shitload of games and accessories to go with it? Is that what happened?

Because they are out of stock pretty much everywhere
Lol... yeah, they should be out of stock. This is one of the original 3DS consoles when the system was first introduced, right (along with the Flame Red units)? But when did it become a "collectible" that people are shelling out nearly $250 for it even in used condition? Are the Flame Red 3DS consoles considered collectibles too?

I actually still like nipple Pikachu better. This one feels too pastel and soft.

Debated on selling the nipple one around the holidays, since the NA version was selling for $400+ again, but I couldn't let it go.

Ugh i cant decide if I want to sell my Zelda XL yet. Realistically it wont do anything except sit on a shelf on display. And I already have 6 other models lol

But at the same time its shiny and Zelda.....

The time to sell was 2-4 weeks ago.   New units are finally in the pipeline and everyone knows it.  If you're thinking about selling, you better do it right away. 

True b/ since this is the original Pickachu model I think it will hold value w/ the Nintendo fans. I just pre ordered one in store GS; Cbus Oh. Called two local stores and one had one left and the other had a couple. If I can catch a pre order at BB I will go w/ that to get points.

quote name="Nothing371" post="13614425" timestamp="1485715530"]

The time to sell was 2-4 weeks ago. New units are finally in the pipeline and everyone knows it. If you're thinking about selling, you better do it right away. [/quote]

The time to sell was 2-4 weeks ago. New units are finally in the pipeline and everyone knows it. If you're thinking about selling, you better do it right away.
New 3DS/3DS-XL units are ALWAYS in the pipeline. It seems that on average, there is a new 3DS or 3DS-XL (mostly the latter) released every few months. alongside the game release of a popular series (e.g Zelda, Pokemon, Mario, Animal Crossing, etc.) in addition to holiday editions being released as well. Granted, most of these are limited edition releases, but still, it seems that Nintendo keeps churning out new 3DS/XL consoles almost as frequently as first party game titles!

Oh and by the way, thanks for completely ignoring my question to you on a previous post when I asked if you bundled some games and accessories with your Cosmo Black 3DS that you sold on Amazon for $240.

Lol... yeah, they should be out of stock. This is one of the original 3DS consoles when the system was first introduced, right (along with the Flame Red units)? But when did it become a "collectible" that people are shelling out nearly $250 for it even in used condition? Are the Flame Red 3DS consoles considered collectibles too?
Shit I misread it, I was thinking galaxy new 3ds.

Shit I misread it, I was thinking galaxy new 3ds.
Yeah I figured you were thinking something along those lines... because there is no way that anyone in their right mind would pay $240 for a used non-limited edition, nor even rare, 3DS console released 6 years ago, unless they were getting a buttload of extras along with it.

Still would love to hear from Nothing371 on how he managed to sell it at that price though.

Ugh i cant decide if I want to sell my Zelda XL yet. Realistically it wont do anything except sit on a shelf on display. And I already have 6 other models lol

But at the same time its shiny and Zelda.....
You're obviously a collector when you have 7 3DSs. You shouldn't sell it if you really love it, especially if you have some of the other Zelda models. That is unless you're tight on money, then that's another story.

I actually still like nipple Pikachu better. This one feels too pastel and soft.

Debated on selling the nipple one around the holidays, since the NA version was selling for $400+ again, but I couldn't let it go.
How do you know how it feels if it hasn't been out yet? Unless you bought a model from PlayAsia? Even so, they both seem to be matte, so they should have the same texture.

How do you know how it feels if it hasn't been out yet? Unless you bought a model from PlayAsia? Even so, they both seem to be matte, so they should have the same texture.
The new one is glossy. And they've been available on Amazon for awhile. Not just units from Japan, but also units from the middle east, which play US games, btw.

The new one is glossy. And they've been available on Amazon for awhile. Not just units from Japan, but also units from the middle east, which play US games, btw.
Ahh, didn't know it was glossy. That does suck. And yep, the ones sold on PlayAsia are the ones from Middle East that play Region 1 games, as far as I know.

Do you feel colors?
The other person wasn't talking about the color, but about the texture.

Ahh, didn't know it was glossy. That does suck. And yep, the ones sold on PlayAsia are the ones from Middle East that play Region 1 games, as far as I know.

The other person wasn't talking about the color, but about the texture.
He said pastel and soft, referring to the color.

All this talk about pastel and soft, I'm here curious about the nipples!?
NSFW

SBgBz.jpg

Awww, that's just the regular photo lol

I don't know about you guys, but I remember seeing firsthand how craycray the ebay prices were for *any* handheld that could play 3DS games back from late November to early January. It was discussed multiple times, in multiple forums, that stock of 3DS and 2DS models both online and instore was wiped out for the holidays,and that's why the aftermarket went out of control. 

I sold a like-new condition Red N3DS XL (product box included, but no charger, not even a stylus) for $270 around the second week of December. And it sold within an hour of putting it up.

Definitely could've gotten more for it, but I did want a quick sell...   :whistle2:

Awww, that's just the regular photo lol

I don't know about you guys, but I remember seeing firsthand how craycray the ebay prices were for *any* handheld that could play 3DS games back from late November to early January. It was discussed multiple times, in multiple forums, that stock of 3DS and 2DS models both online and instore was wiped out for the holidays,and that's why the aftermarket went out of control.

I sold a like-new condition Red N3DS XL (product box included, but no charger, not even a stylus) for $270 around the second week of December. And it sold within an hour of putting it up.

Definitely could've gotten more for it, but I did want a quick sell... :whistle2:
I actually didn't know the system was this hard to find. Mistake on Nintendo's part. They lost a good amount of sales then.

I prefodered this bundle too since I already have the games. I was also fortunate to get an instore preorder without the need for extra stuff so I'm going to cancel the online order. I just wanted the new system since I'm rocking an blue 3dsxl from the MARIO kart bundle a few years back

Edit for spelling

How is upgrading from a old 3DS XL to the new one? 

I'm actually not sure now if I will sell my old Pikachu 3DS for this one. Depends how nice of an upgrade the new system is.

I'm actually not sure now if I will sell my old Pikachu 3DS for this one. Depends how nice of an upgrade the new system is.
I went from the Mario and Luigi Dream Team 3ds xl to just a black new 3ds xl. Transfer took hours over wifi, that part is a pain. Very much worth it though as I play Hyrule Warriors and while you can technically play that on either console, it's really only worthwhile on the new 3ds.

The difference in power is noticeable. Games load faster, and some games run better (the new Poochy game is 60fps on New 3DS/XL and 30 fps on the older models). If you enjoy the 3D functionality, they improved it a lot since the older models as well.

The difference in power is noticeable. Games load faster, and some games run better (the new Poochy game is 60fps on New 3DS/XL and 30 fps on the older models). If you enjoy the 3D functionality, they improved it a lot since the older models as well.
Wow, I had not heard that - I've got it pre-ordered (Poochy Amiibo FTW), but that's cool it will put the N3DS to good use.

depends on what you got on it and what you want to move

I had an old Black.blue 3ds XL that i just broke the c pad out of .. and got a Black NEW NEW 3ds.

heads up the memory card for the NEW 3ds is under the case ( you have to open up the case to get to the memory card what is plain stupid) also it goes from a normal Card to a micro so make sure you have a micro..

i just transfered my account and took i think 30 to 40 mins (without moving games) i was trying to do it from pc and then screwed it up.... lucky my account transfer BUT i have to redownload all of the game (122 ) i think when i moved it when i had 70 games it took 4 hours so

I want the upgrade mostly for the performance updates. Even the new Pokémon games are slow to load plus I want to get Hyrule Warriors and Xenoblade which won't work on the old 3DS

And truth be told... I want a 3DS that is different then just a plain color :)

bread's done
Back