Pikachu-Themed New 3DS XL MSRP $199.99 (2/24/17)

that's cute... but i don't like the thought of pikachu being upside down when opened.

my protector looks better.

yjsX262.jpg
Hello, that is a nice looking case.

Two questions:

• Is that for New 3DS XL?
  • Can you send a link on where you bought it? (or point in the right direction?)
I don't care for the new bundle really (unless my wife wants one...) but I do want a case for my New 3DS XL which has some minor scratches on the outside shell area.

Thanks!

It's been super weird, but all NN3DS systems have vanished. 

I went on eBay just to take a look, and a basic black version of the NN3DS XL is fetching about $280 ... and I think that is for a used one. Super weird. 

Any who. Snagging this, Another FE themed 3DS would be nice once Echoes releases. 

EDIT: Where else is this being sold? 

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not getting rid of my current system until I do the system transfer to this one. I have a ton of digital games, and my current system is an ambassador system. I don't want to risk losing any of that.
I had an ambassador system as well. I transferred it to my 3DS XL so I could sell it. Only issue is now I have to memory card swap in order to play the ambassador games. You end up needing to keep and use your original memory card, but on the new system.

I had an ambassador system as well. I transferred it to my 3DS XL so I could sell it. Only issue is now I have to memory card swap in order to play the ambassador games. You end up needing to keep and use your original memory card, but on the new system.
Weird, I'm on my fourth system and an upgraded memory card and I have no problems with my ambassador games.

$200 is not a rip off but pokemon game is getting old and bored for me lol.
Yeah this seems fair for the price. Considering it will probably be valuable in the future.

I lost interest in Pokemon games after Pokemon Blue
The only ones I played were Yellow & Gold. I played yellow for hundreds of hours, but just could not finish gold. I just lost interest at that point. My girlfriend who is 36 doesn't like or play any of the games, but loves Pikachu to DEATH! I got her the Pikachu XL which she has still sealed with her other swag. Gonna get her this one too for her collection.

Oh & put up your flame shield. You know how angry some people can get over opinions ;)

Man $200 for a NN3DS is totally worth it. What a treasure that system is. You can get a lot of other systems besides a Switch for $100 more. 

The real insult is NO CHARGER. 

I mean, if I were to continue using -only- the original memory card then it wouldn't be an issue.   But that memory card is a 2 GB.  I had since upgraded to a 32 GB card.   I had no way of getting the ambassador games onto the 32 GB card.  I need the 2 GB card in the slot to play my ambassador games.  Maybe I did something wrong. 

I am gonna try to place a preorder in store tonight, as I've had a plethora of bad experiences now with their online preorder system.

Hope there's still some left.

The biggest problem imo with the original Gold/Silver games as a "sequel" to the Red/Blue/Yellow games is that about halfway through the game becomes incredibly tedious due to how easy it is to wipe everyone out. Made the second half boring to finish for me and several of my friends. 

It's too bad that many people quit right before Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald because those were true gems in the series and worthy of the mainstream Pokémon legacy.

Thanks for the heads up EvilChamp. Going to head to the store and put $50 down on Pikachu system. But I never feel like an in-store pre-order is anything close to guaranteed. They don't call people when it comes in and they'll do whatever with your shit. So I ordered one of these bundles online just in case.

I am gonna try to place a preorder in store tonight, as I've had a plethora of bad experiences now with their online preorder system.

Hope there's still some left.

The biggest problem imo with the original Gold/Silver games as a "sequel" to the Red/Blue/Yellow games is that about halfway through the game becomes incredibly tedious due to how easy it is to wipe everyone out. Made the second half boring to finish for me and several of my friends.

It's too bad that many people quit right before Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald because those were true gems in the series and worthy of the mainstream Pokémon legacy.
Dude that's odd you saying that. I felt the same way about gold I climbed that tower (can't remember the name of it) and just quit there. When the original 3 games were out most of my friends played a lot. Me and another guy in the neighborhood got Stadium and would have regular tournaments. Those were good times, but when I got halfway into high school everyone just dropped off. I never got Stadium 2, because all my buds didn't play anymore.

Managed to get one instore today, super happy. I'll just use my Switch trade in coupon to get 130$ for my old Zelda XL and pay the difference.

Same here. Went from OG red 3ds > Blue 3ds XL > Pikachu 3ds XL > MH4U n3ds XL.
I did almost the same. OG 3ds > Blue 3ds XL . Zelda 3ds XL > Animal Crossing n3ds (regular, which I immediately put Fire Emblem faceplates on)

The best part is that I either used ridiculous tradein deals or sold on ebay so I paid very little for every system after the original.

Preordered it in store this morning. Kind of surprised they're still in stock at Gamestop's website, even if they're bundles. The one with the charger really isn't that bad.

I got in on the Black Friday N3DS's, as I was looking to finally upgrade from my Yoshi 3DS XL. I opened them up, and they just weren't as comfortable in my hands as the XL was. They fit it fine, but I was just spoiled. So this will really be my first N3DS, and only third 3DS, which is pretty good considering there have been three upgrades to the system up until this point. 

I did almost the same. OG 3ds > Blue 3ds XL . Zelda 3ds XL > Animal Crossing n3ds (regular, which I immediately put Fire Emblem faceplates on)

The best part is that I either used ridiculous tradein deals or sold on ebay so I paid very little for every system after the original.
I wish I did the same now lol. I ended up keeping all of my systems though now they are just boxed up under my bed.

Preordered it in store this morning. Kind of surprised they're still in stock at Gamestop's website, even if they're bundles. The one with the charger really isn't that bad.

I got in on the Black Friday N3DS's, as I was looking to finally upgrade from my Yoshi 3DS XL. I opened them up, and they just weren't as comfortable in my hands as the XL was. They fit it fine, but I was just spoiled. So this will really be my first N3DS, and only third 3DS, which is pretty good considering there have been three upgrades to the system up until this point.
I think the demand for these is a bit low since the switch comes out like a week later and many feel hard to justify another 3ds unless they REALLY want a pikachu one.

I wish I did the same now lol. I ended up keeping all of my systems though now they are just boxed up under my bed.

I think the demand for these is a bit low since the switch comes out like a week later and many feel hard to justify another 3ds unless they REALLY want a pikachu one.
These things are always in stock for a few days and or weeks but eventually they become rarer as time goes on

These things are always in stock for a few days and or weeks but eventually they become rarer as time goes on
haha no no nooo. The mediocre designs stay stocked for a few days to months depending on the quality of the design.

Units like this one, the old Pikachu one, the Pokemon faceplate N3DS, anything Zelda, unique designs like Monster Hunter or Fire Emblem, will all be sold out the same day they get put on shelves.

What's this I hear about the website not following through on preorders/in store preorder being better?
People don't want to pay shipping and be forced to buy a 3rd party charger. Also if pre-orders DO get shafted it is usually the online orders and not the in-store ones. Gamestop is usually pretty good about sending things though.

What's this I hear about the website not following through on preorders/in store preorder being better?
That's not true. Generally speaking the website has much safer fulfillment. Unless you have credit card problems or something gets cancelled then you'd be out of luck. There is no rescuing of cancelled orders online. But site orders are much more dependable. I've never had a cancellation from anything online, especially the rarest of things. Stuff gets screwed up for in-store pre-orders all the time.

In my online order it lists the charger and the N3ds xl bundle as separate products. 

If on the slip/whatever I get shows the charger is separate from the bundle when it arrives I will then try returning it.

That's not true. Generally speaking the website has much safer fulfillment. Unless you have credit card problems or something gets cancelled then you'd be out of luck. There is no rescuing of cancelled orders online. But site orders are much more dependable. I've never had a cancellation from anything online, especially the rarest of things. Stuff gets screwed up for in-store pre-orders all the time.
Hahaha site orders more dependable? What's next...rapid over the phone service from Gamestop's 3 customer service employees?

The system Play-Asia is selling is has the U.A.E./Malaysia/Singapore sticker I remember first seeing on aftermarket copies of Xenoblade:

BwTxxD2.jpg

They're not released from NOA, but as far as I know, they are legitimate and the same region as what we buy here.

Not the ones that were on playasia
I bought one of these in Dubai, it had the same UAE sticker and it IS region locked to North America. They had a couple of other versions like the all white one. United Arab Emirates and Malaysia use the same region as USA and North America, but have some of the asian limited editions.

well just broke the circle pad in half on my old 3ds xl  guess i got to buy this one now 

wonder if gamestop will take it  or   best to sell it on ebay

well just broke the circle pad in half on my old 3ds xl guess i got to buy this one now

wonder if gamestop will take it or best to sell it on ebay
The analog stick isn't too hard to replace if you are semi-handy with a screwdriver. There are a bunch of videos on DIY repair.

Hahaha site orders more dependable? What's next...rapid over the phone service from Gamestop's 3 customer service employees?
*shrug* I guess I can only speak to my own experiences. I've never had a problem with online orders and I've only ordered rare things.

Be thankful you have store employees that take care of you I guess? People get the shaft all the time here on in-store pre-orders, especially on the most important stuff.

And whoever's managing my online orders have screwed me over in various ways, including (but not limited to) canceling preorders that really matter. 

They've shipped the wrong item, left the order open but never shipped anything, claimed my order was ready for pickup in store when there was nothing there, and shipped me new merchandise with a broken seal. 

Sure, that's just my experience, but it's sucked enough that I don't care for a repeat. 

Plus, if anything goes wrong with your in store order, you can reach someone to assist you easily. Not so for online orders.

Tell me about it. All the games that I ordered online for instore pick up never shipped. But the stuff that gets shipped to my house, so far, are the ones thay really get shipped

I hope here are other stores that will get this, as I dont want to give money to GS unless I have no other choice

Been wanting to upgrade to N3DSXL for the longest time for the improved 3D alone, but none of the prior special editions were enough to make me part with my Pikachu XL. I still don't know whether to keep the old Pikachu or sell it, I can see it becoming even more valuable due to its short run.

I pre-ordered online from GS just in-case I can't get it at BB. The last thing I pre-ordered from Gamestop was a Pikachu Pokken controller and they never called me to pick it up and sold it to someone. They said I pre-ordered it too early and that some how caused an issue, luckily another nearby store had one and they picked it up for me.

This time I'll go with online even though I have to buy the stupid charger and pay a handling fee. When did they add the handling fee anyway? I think the last time I ordered from their website was back when Raiden IV came out on 360.

The system Play-Asia is selling is has the U.A.E./Malaysia/Singapore sticker I remember first seeing on aftermarket copies of Xenoblade:

BwTxxD2.jpg

They're not released from NOA, but as far as I know, they are legitimate and the same region as what we buy here.
Yeah they're definitely legit. It's not so much that they're 'unlocked', just that the consoles shipped to those places are shipped with Region 1 firmware, hence why you can just import one of those and play your North American collection just fine. I imported the Pikachu special edition and pearl white New 3DS XL's from Play Asia and they work just fine. Not sure how the eShop is handled though as I don't use it and haven't tried accessing it. Perhaps someone else can chime in on that.

Hey hey Pearl White looks pretty sweet! Wish I'd heard about it sooner

Was able to place a preorder instore using the SKU someone uploaded on their receipt here. The guy was a newbie and had no idea what a N3DS XL was, so there was no way I was getting one without the SKU. Thanks!

bread's done
Back