Pikachu-Themed New 3DS XL MSRP $199.99 (2/24/17)

How is upgrading from a old 3DS XL to the new one?

I'm actually not sure now if I will sell my old Pikachu 3DS for this one. Depends how nice of an upgrade the new system is.
In my honest opinion, it is a slight upgrade. I bought mine on release because it was something I had to have, or, because I fell victim to the hype machine that is Nintendo. I believe at the time Xenoblade and Zelda remake were coming out, too.

EDIT: If 3D is really something you want to get into, the upgrade would be worth it. Significant difference in this area.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I couldn't resist using my $100 RZ cert so I ordered one too. I guess I'll just cancel my BOTW amiibo order because I don't want to be spending this much lol

Seeing as this isn't a GS exclusive, do we think the Hyrule Edition will hold its value more over time? I wanted to switch to this one because of the colored buttons and yellow color, but not sure now.

I'm also not keen on taking a chance at no ips screen.

Seeing as this isn't a GS exclusive, do we think the Hyrule Edition will hold its value more over time? I wanted to switch to this one because of the colored buttons and yellow color, but not sure now.

I'm also not keen on taking a chance at no ips screen.
One has nothing to do with the other. This Pikachu edition release has nothing to do with what happens to Hyrule Edition's price. Get the one you like the most. Older, sold out, new, limited edition 3DS don't really fluctuate in value all that much. They tend to hover at around $280-320.

The old Pikachu used models might drop in price a bit but that's about it.

I don't understand why Best Buy has already charged me for the New 3DS XL order... Is it because I partially paid with gift card? the order said it wouldn't charge me until it's ready to ship....it's not out for 25 ish days

Up on Best Buy Link
Thanks for the link, Pengy. I just pre-ordered at bb. Too bad there was no option to pick up in store. I'm just glad I was able to get one. I'll cancel my pre-order at GS like everyone else.

My son's birthday was on the 9th and he had a new 3ds xl on his wish list. I had no idea that the system was completely sold out after xmas so there I was like a dumbass searching everywhere for one. His old 3ds xl died (black screen of death) and it bummed me out that I wasn't able to come through for him. He received plenty of other stuff so he never mentioned it.

do these NEW 3ds not shut right or something  looks like a major gap when they are closed

might cancel my order  i   really dont need a  3rd   (might keep my busted one as a back up and got a new one)  

ALSO heads up for those looking to upgrade... if you got downloads you can   NOT  DOWNGRADE

You can transfer  items from the  3ds to the  NEW 3ds

You can NOT Transfer items from the  NEW 3ds to  the 3ds

EDIT  

i think i found why the home button is raised on the bottom

wow

wonder how many people way for this... dont your credit cards double the warranty anyways...

1-Year Accidental Geek Squad Protection - $24.99

2-Year Accidental Geek Squad Protection - $69.99

I'm sure the Switch hype is stealing some thunder. That and it's a January-announced March release.

Just imagine if this had released during the holidays lol

Nintendo still hasn't restocked there basic models. It's going to sell out for that reason alone. Knowing how popular the original Pikachu model was, they probably made a ton of these but most likely its like poster said above, the switch is stealing its thunder.

Really thought hard about getting this. An hour at least but I just couldn't. As much as I've wanted one I know I'd hardly ever pick it up due to owning a gaming PC and a PS4 pro. When I take a trip I'd normally rather sleep. 

Does anyone know if this will include the Pikachu Yellow theme? I was looking at themes online and seen the Japanese system included the theme. I didn't know if it said something on the box about it or if it was simply already installed.

Nintendo still hasn't restocked there basic models. It's going to sell out for that reason alone. Knowing how popular the original Pikachu model was, they probably made a ton of these but most likely its like poster said above, the switch is stealing its thunder.
This is the only reason i'm getting the Pikachu version. If any of the other models were available, I would've already picked one up.

Nintendo still hasn't restocked there basic models. It's going to sell out for that reason alone.
This. Even if you open it, play it, and keep it in relatively good condition you should be able to still sell it for around what you paid for it, if not more (considering it's a pikachu 3ds xl, and the pokemon consoles have held their value all along). That's what I plan on doing, as I really only want to play Link Between Worlds, Majora's Mask, and OoT (I had had an original 3ds xl, but the 3d effects on it were horrible imo, so hopefully reports are true and the 3d on this baby are better).

do these NEW 3ds not shut right or something looks like a major gap when they are closed

might cancel my order i really dont need a 3rd (might keep my busted one as a back up and got a new one)

ALSO heads up for those looking to upgrade... if you got downloads you can NOT DOWNGRADE

You can transfer items from the 3ds to the NEW 3ds

You can NOT Transfer items from the NEW 3ds to the 3ds

1-Year Accidental Geek Squad Protection - $24.99

2-Year Accidental Geek Squad Protection - $69.99
Are you sure of that? I know Nintendo is asinine regarding certain things, but they not allowing you to transfer items from a New 3DS to a regular one is just plain stupid. I hope you're actually wrong.

Really thought hard about getting this. An hour at least but I just couldn't. As much as I've wanted one I know I'd hardly ever pick it up due to owning a gaming PC and a PS4 pro. When I take a trip I'd normally rather sleep.
You can play the games at home. You don't need to play them when you're on the go just because it's a handheld. In fact, I bet most adults don't, unless they take public transportation. But a 3DS is worth it for the dozen or so amazing games it has in its catalog. Just my two cents.

This. Even if you open it, play it, and keep it in relatively good condition you should be able to still sell it for around what you paid for it, if not more (considering it's a pikachu 3ds xl, and the pokemon consoles have held their value all along). That's what I plan on doing, as I really only want to play Link Between Worlds, Majora's Mask, and OoT (I had had an original 3ds xl, but the 3d effects on it were horrible imo, so hopefully reports are true and the 3d on this baby are better).
If you get it and play it soon, and you remember, I'd love to know how you find the 3D effects on the new model. Like you I found the 3D effect on the old model kinda shitty. Interested to see how those who think this way find the effects in the New model.

Does anyone know if this will include the Pikachu Yellow theme? I was looking at themes online and seen the Japanese system included the theme. I didn't know if it said something on the box about it or if it was simply already installed.
Damn, I didn't know about the Pokemon Yellow theme. Now I want one even more. Sucks I'll have to buy one later on as I just can't afford it now with the Switch coming out in one month.

Do themes transfer over when do a system transfer?
They should, as they're a download just like any other item. Hope someone can say for sure, though.

Slidecage is correct. You cant transfer back from a new 3ds to a regular 3ds. So dont go new unless you want to stay on new permanently.

you cant transfer back from a new 3ds to a regular 3ds. So dont go new unless you want to stay on new permanently.
giphy.gif

Nintendo being Nintendo

Damn, that really is incredibly stupid. Nintendo really needs to get its shit together.
Yeah, that's why I haven't spent a penny on the eshop. Would never feel like I owned anything on there, their account system isn't even as good as Sony's/Microsoft's was back in 2005/2006.. that's how behind they are.

I too have only purchased the pokemon bank and have no plans to buy anything else digital. But for what purpose would you want to transfer back to an old 3ds? 

bread's done
Back