Pinball Hall of Fame: Williams Collection $9.99 New/$8.99 Used @ Gamestop

Joe Fongul

CAGiversary!
Feedback
172 (100%)
Gamestop, along with other retailers, have dropped the price for Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection to $19.99 or lower (as noted) for both 360 & PS3 as listed below.

Gamestop does not have the game available online, but you can utilize the retail store availability with the links below. New price is $9.99, & the used price for both versions is down to $8.99 if you can find the game in store (a steal IMHO)

Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection (360)
Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection (PS3)

Amazon currently has both the PS3 & 360 versions available online at a smooth $17.96, but the 360 version in currently as available for shipping in 2 to 4 weeks (but prior posts in this thread prove the wait to be much less...)

Walmart has the game in stock for both PS3 & 360. Both titles are at a $17.96 price point. Site to store can also be utilized if the game is not in stock locally & you want to save on shipping ;)

Other Retailers (360 Version)
Blockbuster $19.99
Meijer $19.99
Sears $19.99

Other Retailers (PS3 Version)
Blockbuster $19.99
Meijer $19.99
Radio Shack $19.99
Sears $19.99

Out of the 'other' retailers listed above, Radio Shack might be the best bet as they have the ship-to-store option available (too bad they only have the PS3 version in stock at the moment...)

Glad everyone found value out of the thread as well. If there are any retailers to add to the list, please let me know with a post or a PM.

Last edited by a moderator:
After attempting another local Gamestop showing "new" in stock only to find just raped games onhand, I ordered it from Amazon, along with the $35 1 year Live subsciption card, and will wait the 2 to 4 weeks (or however long it takes). I already have the wii version to hold me over until then.

I also have Zen Pinball (4 tables) downloaded from the Playstation Network (PS3), which is a pretty cool pinball sim ($9.99).

Just because people are talking about gamestop. I went to a local gamestop to pick this up. They had a gutted copy, but... only actually had the DVD. The case and instructions were missing from the shelf.

He asked me if I still wanted it, in a blank case. He was very friendly and polite about the whole thing.

I just joined the "bought the last opened copy" club. Didn't mind since the case was in great shape and had the manual. Thanks CAGers for pointing me to another hidden gem. I loved Pinball FX.

[quote name='ExeterBlue']Anyone want to join me in voting it CAG's "Best Game Value 2009"? It could be the come from behind candidate! :D[/QUOTE]

I'm with ya!

The Gottlieb Collection for Wii is already out as a 'Best Buy exclusive' until the 19th. It's not nearly as good, but worth a look for fans of the series. It's a weird grab bag of tables, but Goin' Nuts, Playboy and Genie are worth it. It's MUCH harder, and only one goal per table!

[quote name='callmesteam']The Gottlieb Collection for Wii is already out as a 'Best Buy exclusive' until the 19th. It's not nearly as good, but worth a look for fans of the series. It's a weird grab bag of tables, but Goin' Nuts, Playboy and Genie are worth it. It's MUCH harder, and only one goal per table![/QUOTE]

Yeah, I read more on it over the past week. I vaguely remember it coming out last gen because it didn't catch my eye. All the reviews I've read all say the same thing - That it can't really compare to Williams' tables and the physics feel too floaty, which is the deal breaker for me.

[quote name='Donnums']Yeah, I read more on it over the past week. I vaguely remember it coming out last gen because it didn't catch my eye. All the reviews I've read all say the same thing - That it can't really compare to Williams' tables and the physics feel too floaty, which is the deal breaker for me.[/QUOTE]
It's different than the last gen collection, but its the same as the PSP version.

The last gen version was AWFUL. I think 'Black Hole' and 'Tee'd Off' are the only games that were on both versions. This current Wii version has the same physics as the Williams collection. It's very similar, just with Gottlieb tables. It's sort of like an expansion pack to the Williams collection.

Now we need Bally and Stern collections! And another Williams with the zillions of great tables they missed! I wouldn't mind a proper Gottlieb set either. No 'Haunted House'? Really?

[quote name='ShockandAww']Williams Collection at Amazon for 14.82 for Wii. Is it just as good as the other versions?

http://www.amazon.com/Pinball-Hall-..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1263630937&sr=8-1[/QUOTE]
No. The 360 and PS3 versions have three extra tables that are well worth the extra money. Not to mention the tables look much better on 360/PS3 than on the Wii version. I have both the Wii and the 360 version, and haven't touched the Wii version since the 360 one came out.

[quote name='Triz']Stern Collection...no thanks. Only table they have worth playing is Lord of the Rings.[/QUOTE]
They had several great tables in the 80s. Now all they make is licensed stuff, but even Pirates of the Caribbean wasn't bad. And Spiderman is a decent Attack from Mars clone... The Dark Knight on the other hand...

Wow...I never even knew this game existed! For $17.96...I bit.

Also ended up buying Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection and Spider-Man: Web of Shadows. Not bad...3 great games for just under $55. Though after the Steam Holiday Sale...I don't think I should buy anything anymore...but for these? What the hell...why not! :)

Thanks OP!

I saw at work that this game will drop in price at TRU to $19.99 next week. I guess just another place to buy for people who like b&m but don't like GS.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Williams Collection at Amazon for 14.82 for Wii. Is it just as good as the other versions?

http://www.amazon.com/Pinball-Hall-..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1263630937&sr=8-1[/QUOTE]

Yes, the extra tables are awesome on the 360, but I do love the Wii controls much more than the 360's. If u only have the Wii, then get this, but if u have both then why not buy them both and support this company!

Lol, my gamestop said they would re-wrap their "new" one for me. Fail fail fail. Amazon here I come! I can wait 2 to 4 weeks for it to ship.

[quote name='Blackout']:ps3: Game is on Amazon for $17.96. I couldn't resist at that price.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, would be nice if they would show the same amount of love for the 360 version :(

Heads up, looks like Sears.com is selling it for the same price for both PS3 and 360 (not sure if this price is honored in-store). Shipping is $2.99 for standard, but Bing Cashback is currently at 20% (keyword "sealy mattress", "hdd", "asus", "Samsung TV "tools" "Samsung tv"")

So after tax/shipping you're looking at about the same price as GS, maybe a bit cheaper.

Just another alternative...

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/search_10153_12605?keyword=WIlliams+Pinball&x=0&y=0&vName=

So is this game worth it? I use to be a huge pinball fan in my younger years, and remember playing a lot of these. I also have the collection for my PSP, which I haven't touched in a year or so.

Sidenote OP: Amazon lists the 360 version for $41.99, no longer $19.99

UGH! Pin Bot is pissing me off! I've been at it for days and I still can't get to the goddamn sun. I've only been close once (Mercury) all this time. It's the only wizard goal I have left and it's driving me nuts! First table I've played on this.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']So is this game worth it? I use to be a huge pinball fan in my younger years, and remember playing a lot of these. I also have the collection for my PSP, which I haven't touched in a year or so.

Sidenote OP: Amazon lists the 360 version for $41.99, no longer $19.99[/QUOTE]

If you look at the right hand side of the page, you'll see the $19.99 with Amazon under other options. Amazon will always list the price of the retailer with the game in stock. Since Amazon has a 2 to 4 week expected ship date, you will not see that price listed on the main page...

The game is worth it to me just due to the amount of tables available & the score chase with the leaderboards. Plus I've been a Williams Pinball fan since the 80's (because I'm old :D)

any notable differences between the PS3 version or 360 version? I usually try to get 360 versions of multiplatform games, but for a cpl $$ off and in stock status I might bite on the ps3 version.

ohhh my had to bite on the PS3 version @ amazon. Had $6 promo credit left over from awhile ago and snagged it for $11.96 w/ free 2 day shipping..can't beat that.

[quote name='iPlayConsoles']any notable differences between the PS3 version or 360 version? I usually try to get 360 versions of multiplatform games, but for a cpl $$ off and in stock status I might bite on the ps3 version.[/QUOTE]

From what I've read, the PS3 version experiences a couple glitches that the 360 version doesn't.

[quote name='Joe Fongul']If you look at the right hand side of the page, you'll see the $19.99 with Amazon under other options. Amazon will always list the price of the retailer with the game in stock. Since Amazon has a 2 to 4 week expected ship date, you will not see that price listed on the main page...
[/QUOTE]

Ah, right, good show.

Bah though, looks like I'll have to go with another retailer due to the wait. Thanks.

I must have been in the zone last night. Scored over 68 million on Medieval Madness. Of course, if a pinball scrub like me can score 68 mil, I'm guessing the leaderboard scores top out in the billions. At least I finally got to hear Tina Fey's infamous voice work.

With tax & shipping at Walmart, the Amazon $19.99 deal is still good I think. Make sure you look at the actual Amazon listing on the right for the 360. I got sticker shock when I pulled up the page at $40+.

Nah, I'd rather not wait up to a month for a game.

Not to mention, shipping is free, tax would be like a dollar (if not less) and don't forget bing cashback ;)

[quote name='easper']I must have been in the zone last night. Scored over 68 million on Medieval Madness.[/QUOTE]

"Joust!...Peasant!...Damsel!....Multi-ball MADNESSS!!!!!!" Ha, this game is great. My high is 89 mil, but those leaderboards are INSANE. I think this table is worth the $20 by itself though.

[quote name='keithp']"Joust!...Peasant!...Damsel!....Multi-ball MADNESSS!!!!!!" Ha, this game is great. My high is 89 mil, but those leaderboards are INSANE. I think this table is worth the $20 by itself though.[/QUOTE]

There you go. Pinball seems like the only game where a score of 68 million is only okay. Agreed. This table is awesome. I took a break from it to play some of the other tables, and found that I was way better at it when I came back. Learning the nudge and the slap save have been lifesavers for me.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC'] tax would be like a dollar (if not less) and don't forget bing cashback ;)[/QUOTE]

It's OOS online at Walmart as well...cost of gas isn't worth driving far for a in-store copy. And being in CA, the tax on $18 would put the total pretty close to the $19.99 Amazon price. It's about 9% in my county.

Ordered the 360 version from Amazon (ships in 2 to 4 weeks) using the free super saver option last Monday, Jan 11. I received shipping confirmation, via USPS, yesterday, Jan 17 with an estimated delievery date of Jan. 21 (Delaware to Virginia). Not bad!

2 Gamestops nearby had only raped boxes of the 360 version, though online showed them as "new" $19.99 onhand). They refused to reduce the price of the opened units. I won't be wasting my time with Gamestop anymore.

I raised a fuss with the Gamestop district manager and the best she could do was find me a sealed copy and have it shipped to store so I could exchange it. Surprisingly they exchanged it then without argument even though I had already taken their stickers off. You would think they'd just change their policy to match how everyone else sells games.

i received an empty game box from amazon. i think someone at the warehouse stole my game disc. the box had marks all over the opening and the plastic was partially peeled. I can't believe this had happened to me. thankfully amazon customer service took care of it.

[quote name='jubeininja69']i received an empty game box from amazon. i think someone at the warehouse stole my game disc. the box had marks all over the opening and the plastic was partially peeled. I can't believe this had happened to me. thankfully amazon customer service took care of it.[/QUOTE]
Crazy, never heard of that from Amazon.

I have nooooo idea why you people are so excited over a pinball game??!!....but all this excitement has got me very curious and will probably make me get this game because of the $20 price point.

Can someone explain why this game is so good? Pinball is fun and all, but it gets old. Is it the variety of game modes and replay value?

If you don't care about pinball to begin with then this game will have a low chance of changing your mind. It's just faithful recreation of great pinball tables that happen to be ridiculously fun.

bread's done
Back