Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare - Now available on Xbox One and 360!

I'll be picking this up on Xbox One once I get off work tonight. Add me if you're looking for more people to play with, GT = Sinfulfate.

God what a cluster fuck BB just had. So I ordered the game online with in-store pickup, I'd be doing a few things today and then swing by the store to grab it. Pick it up and take it home and I realize they gave me the Platinum Hits PvZ game, I was like at first glance, Platinum Hits, $20 value wtf? They put the sticker over the entire portion of the front so you couldn't see the box art so by a quick glance at the back, which shows the classic PvZ screen, I thought it was EA and PopCap showing its PvZ legacy. Nope, wrong game. So went back to the store, the customer service guy didn't even know the game came out. I was like yup, today brand spankin' new and you gave me the old PvZ Platinum Hits edition. Got it replaced and now I'm back in my apartment ready to roll. Phew, hope I like it lol.

Here, this is what the game case looks like!

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to Target with my preorder card, paid $44.xx for the game and cheetos on the Redcard and got $15 gift card. Not a bad haul

Def has a Mass Effect 3 multiplayer vibe to it, Garden Ops anyways. Wahoo, did the 10 waves, +1, and boy do things go south quick lol.

Did some of the multiplayer too and it feels really fun. The Welcome mode area is where all the starters go so that'll cut down from getting annihilated by the vets, good call.

Thinking about going out to get the this tonight. Any reason to get the Xone versus x360 version?

edited to add

other than the resolution differences.   any real difference in gameplay

Thinking about going out to get the this tonight. Any reason to get the Xone versus x360 version?

edited to add

other than the resolution differences. any real difference in gameplay
Think Xbox One has splitscreen, Smart Glass, and better graphics, all I can think of.

God what a cluster fuck BB just had. So I ordered the game online with in-store pickup, I'd be doing a few things today and then swing by the store to grab it. Pick it up and take it home and I realize they gave me the Platinum Hits PvZ game, I was like at first glance, Platinum Hits, $20 value wtf? They put the sticker over the entire portion of the front so you couldn't see the box art so by a quick glance at the back, which shows the classic PvZ screen, I thought it was EA and PopCap showing its PvZ legacy. Nope, wrong game. So went back to the store, the customer service guy didn't even know the game came out. I was like yup, today brand spankin' new and you gave me the old PvZ Platinum Hits edition. Got it replaced and now I'm back in my apartment ready to roll. Phew, hope I like it lol.

Here, this is what the game case looks like!
Yeah you're not the only one that had problems with BB. You were able to do in store pickup? What the hell. When I preordered it gave me the "unavailable" option for every store, so I had to have it shipped. And now it says I won't be getting it until Thursday. Come fucking on. Should I call CS and complain?

Anyone know how the Amazon pre-order bonus packs are supposed to be distributed? Got my game today, but no in-package code or email recieved.

Should be an email code.

The 4 player coop is where the coins are best earned IMO. If you get lucky on the boss slot machine you can take in coins. Got three jewels and that paid out 20k.

Alright I haven't played much, but this game is pretty fun.

Edit: Plants are pretty OP

I've been trying to connect to anything (even my own private lobby) for an hour or so now. I got in once and died real quick, but the game looked super pretty on the X1. Anybody want to get some playing time in, feel free to add me (JosephWhiteIII) and we can set something up. Hopefully the planned server fix will work and I can start playing this tomorrow after class.

That was fun, but they definitely have some server bugs to work out.  I wasn't able to get into the sticker store at all.  

Yeah online game, servers, launch day, issues.

Played for many hours before I couldn't get into anything and decided to call it a night. Did some Garden Ops with the ol' ME3 crew though, good times.

I will be starting this probably tomorrow night on 360 (Xbox One arrives with the Titanfall bundle) if anyone wants to add me or join up if we are already friends.

ME3? Gears Horde? Count me in.

I think plants always win in the team deathmatch lol
Alright I haven't played much, but this game is pretty fun.

Edit: Plants are pretty OP
After for an hour or two, you guys are definitely right on the money. The zombies are mostly weaker versions of the Plant archetypes. The Scientist seems to be the best zombie but he still does not compare to the Peashooter or Cactus.

Fun game either way. They definitely achieved the laid-back multiplayer vibe they were going for.

Plants can just dominate the game. Zombies are good enough to win, but I haven't played a game where zombies blew out the plants. 

But yea, this game is pretty great. I wasn't expecting this much fun from it.

Also what kind of packs are you guys getting? I've been saving up for the 40k ones lol

Anyone buy this digitally on X1 yet? Wondering if they're including the digital trading cards that most places had with pre-order.
Dammit. I got some cards but I can't recall which they were. I ended up getting a frozen pea shooter when it was all said and done.

Game is definitely fun, but the server booted us out around 1am this morning and couldn't get back in. Will try again tomorrow and hopefully EA has their shit right (ahahaha).

The plants seem OP in that hilly stage, but the one where the Mansion resides me and my friend wrecked as Zombies. I think it all depends on the stage and how well people fight together. In Death Match It's always a toss up regardless of who you are.

I think $40 is a bit high in the sense of content. There's not that many maps and horde mode is just OK. The fun factor is very high though and not regretting the purchase really, just wish it was cheaper. #Datnextgentax

And yes, this is Mass Effect 3 multiplayer in terms of unlocks. You get coins to buy packs and in those packs you get random items. Unlike ME3 however, you can't use real money to buy stuff. At least not yet. I'm assuming that will change in a month + down the road when Titanfall is everywhere so EA can sweep the shady business under the rug. Over edit: Horde seems more and more like ME3 indeed. Ok I'm done now.

Can someone with the retail version confirm whether you get a few free card packs automatically like people are saying happens with the downloadable version?

I'm torn between retail and download for Xbox One... This might be an ideal game to forgo the disc with, I dunno.

Retail 360 @ gamestop and I got the codes on the receipt. A buddy got it from amazon and for the code via email. Its not an in-the-package thing.

I'm tempted to get it as it seems like a game that multiple CAGs are getting, though I don't have a X1 yet, so I'd have to get it on 360 for now.

Anyone getting it on 360 for now and then X1 later?

Plants can just dominate the game. Zombies are good enough to win, but I haven't played a game where zombies blew out the plants.

But yea, this game is pretty great. I wasn't expecting this much fun from it.

Also what kind of packs are you guys getting? I've been saving up for the 40k ones lol

After for an hour or two, you guys are definitely right on the money. The zombies are mostly weaker versions of the Plant archetypes. The Scientist seems to be the best zombie but he still does not compare to the Peashooter or Cactus.

Fun game either way. They definitely achieved the laid-back multiplayer vibe they were going for.
I don't see it, I think it depends on the team you're on. For example the Zombies team I was on just won a couple of times in a row. You have to have a varied makeup on the team, counters to counters.

The Zombies all shoot, the plants everyone but the Chompers shoot -- big advantage if you use it. Chompers are good sneak attackers though. :p

Played another 15 or so matches today and have yet to see the Zombies win at all (this is in TDM, haven't tried the other mode yet). Crazy that they let it launch so unbalanced. Still a really fun game, though.

I don't see it, I think it depends on the team you're on. For example the Zombies team I was on just won a couple of times in a row. You have to have a varied makeup on the team, counters to counters.

The Zombies all shoot, the plants everyone but the Chompers shoot -- big advantage if you use it. Chompers are good sneak attackers though. :p
I'm not saying they're so incredibly bad it's IMPOSSIBLE to win, but with public teams it's very, very difficult. Now I don't have any of the alternate, but I do have all the moves with all 8 and a good amount of experience in TDM considering how new the game is. I've seen zombies maybe win once last night, and 0 times so far today and I'm closing in on 20 matches played in a row. I've been the vanquish and streak master a few times, and it was only when I was plants. Just the way the game is. It's not so bad since you switch every other. Peashooter shoots completely straight, hits for a lot of damage (more so than any zombie shot if I'm not mistaken) and can shoot fast as hell. Chili bean bomb is one of the strongest, if not the very strongest, move in the game and has huge range. The sunflower has a much much better heal ability than the scientist, and gets a super powerful ray instead of a crappy bomb and an inconsistent warp move. Just the way the game is designed, nothing wrong with that. To claim it doesn't exist seems a little crazy to me, though.

I'm in this boat.
Since we're both waiting on ME4 for X1 before making the plunge, of course. ;)

I think I just need someone to provide a review comparison between the 360 version and X1 versions and decide if it's worth double-dipping or not. Personally, I think MS should do what Sony has done with the $10 PS3 to PS4 version swap for this game and any other cross-X360/X1 titles.

Oh I love my Xbox One and would have loved to get this game on that platform, but all my ME3 MP buddies were getting it for the 360. The major difference between the two is local co-op, which I want so I can play it with my kids.

I claim it because I have not seen Plants winning 98% of the time.

The Zombie's Bean Bomb's equivalent is the All-Star's Imp Punt. I think they have good counters, you just need to have a team that knows how to use them.

Here's a good FAQ, link too.

Welcome to PvZ Garden Warfare! It's a grave new world, and we're happy to help you find your way around! To start with, there are a number of game modes to choose from.

New in town? Start your visit on the Welcome Mat!
Choose Multiplayer in the Main Menu, then select Welcome Mat for your first game. Welcome Mat is like Garden Warfare basic training! You will play a Team Vanquish session (see below), and any players who are repeatedly vanquished will gain a health bonus upon respawning. Level up in Welcome Mat to unlock more game modes!
Multiplayer Mayhem: Team Vanquish
In Team Vanquish, you choose a side and join a team of Plants or Zombies. Unlike other game modes, you have only one objective: vanquish as many as you can from the opposing team! It's a botanical brawl where you don't go tiptoeing through the tulips unless you're sneaking up on someone.
Multiplayer Method: Gardens and Graveyards
If Team Vanquish is a free-for-all, Gardens and Graveyards is a tactical assault in which teamwork really will win the day! Play as a plant and defend your garden stronghold, or play as a zombie trying to invade and degrade it.
Multiplayer Match-up: Garden Ops
In co-op Garden Ops, up to four teammates defend their garden against ever-increasing zombie attack waves. You can create a public game (or join one already in progress), or you can create a private game to play with your friends!
Multiplayer Moderation: Classic
Level the playing field by choosing Classic Mode! In this variant, all character customizations and upgrades are left behind in the locker room. Without any of your enhancements to rely on, teamwork is your primary tool! Classic mode options exist for Team Vanquish, Gardens and Graveyards, and Garden Ops.
Xbox One Exclusive Game Modes!
If you've got the latest and greatest innovation in gaming consoles (you can call it the Xbox One for short!), you have access to two exclusive modes in PvZ Garden Warfare!
Split-screen Co-op
If you've got a friend and a second controller for your Xbox One, you're set to enjoy Split-screen Co-op! It's an "endless" version of Garden Ops in which you team up to defend your garden against wave after wave of zombies. We say "endless" because there will be an end...only your skills and teamwork will hold it off, and then only for so long!
Boss Mode
Feeling a little superior today, a trifle arch? Indulge your grandiose side by playing as Dr. Zomboss! Can't overcome your urge to help out and take care of your friends and neighbors? Live up to your avuncular nature as Crazy Dave.
Either way, you will be playing with a top-down, bird's eye view of the madness, assisting your teammates via health drops and air strikes! Don't get too comfortable in your lofty redoubt, though, because you are still vulnerable to a concentrated show of force from below!
Boss Mode can be enjoyed via standard controller, Kinect, or SmartGlass.
Tips for Playing PvZ:GW

Had a blast with this last night, tried the "horde" mode, and the standard MP modes, and had great fun all around.

I need to give Boss Mode a shot, next time I play I'll have my Nexus 7 ready with XBOX Glass.

[quote name="LinkinPrime" post="11562121" timestamp="1393465751"]Had a blast with this last night, tried the "horde" mode, and the standard MP modes, and had great fun all around.

I need to give Boss Mode a shot, next time I play I'll have my Nexus 7 ready with XBOX Glass.[/quote]

My wife played it on our iPad earlier. Was pretty neat having the support.

Yeah it seems like when everybody gets off work and comes back home to play this game the servers shit themselves lol.

Trick is to watch Youtube while you're waiting for "Looking for really great game sessions..."

Looks like Level 4 for any character is the sweet spot for a free pack. Get those stars people!

Ahaha, on one of the Gardens & Graveyards map there was Wallnut bowling section and I felt like I was on MXC!

http://youtu.be/UHD17hAmXD0

lol just got into a mp match all by myself.

Captured everything, think it was around 16k in points earned. Sadly no achievements.

this garbage still completely broken ?

They make me sign up for origin and all this shit, yet I cant even play this fucking game.

I REALLY hate EA

bread's done
Back