Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare - Now available on Xbox One and 360!

Wow, so I wanted to go back onto my 360 and try to finish up the achievements for this game and It's telling me to download the update already have. I do some research and low and behold people are having all types of problems trying to download the update.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Plants-Vs-Zombies-Garden-Warfare/Garden-Variety-Pack-will-not-download/td-p/2567928

Good thing I didn't delete and try to re-download it.

I'm also at 0 coins... da faq

Apparently it's fixed, delete everything, as well as system cahce, and repatch, redownload. GAH, like PC gaming it seems.

Yup, game is working for me doing that work around.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, I took the plunge and purchased my X1 last week.  Then this past weekend, my son convinced me trade in a bunch of 360 games and use the credit towards upgrading to the X1 version of GW.  Pointless?  Yes.  But hey, next-gen = 50% more fun, right?  At least I was able to also drag a fellow CAG down this dark path with me (looking in the direction of a certain, rotund ninja). :D  

Anyway, I'm rebuilding my plant and zombie armies now, so if anyone else on the One version is looking to play, send me a note if I'm online.

It's worth it to start from scratch. The game does look better on the Xbox One. I'm glad I upgraded. Sim and I are looking for anyone that wants to join us on the Xbox One!

Just saw today that new achievements were added. I had gotten my 1000 a couple days ago and was surprised to see it saw I was at 80% complete.

Just saw today that new achievements were added. I had gotten my 1000 a couple days ago and was surprised to see it saw I was at 80% complete.
I really hate when that happens, it's like oh you just ran a marathon, ahhh no you've still got 5 miles to go that way...

Yup, new map is Zomboss Down lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zm72sDWMA8A

Did you start up the game after they released the DLC? I've found that if I 100% a game and then don't ever play it again, even when new DLC and achievements are added, it still registers as a 100% game for me. (At least on the 360. Not sure about XB1.)

I saw it before I started up the game.  I was installing Titanfall and noticed it.

I already got two of the new achievement off the list.  I guess it won't be too hard to get back the 100%.

Did you start up the game after they released the DLC? I've found that if I 100% a game and then don't ever play it again, even when new DLC and achievements are added, it still registers as a 100% game for me. (At least on the 360. Not sure about XB1.)
Oh wow, you should tell Burnie Burns from RoosterTeeth lol. He spent like 30 minutes of one podcast trying to see how and when the game's completion percentage vanishes due to DLC.

Other game company's need to take note and give us free dlc.
You wonder how many people will jump on board the Season Pass because of that. I mean I had given all my money to ArenaNet for all the Guild Wars 1 expansions because they weren't a sub priced model.

OK, sweet, new packs are available in the Sticker Store. I had a Supremium Pack ready for me after the update.

3 New Plants

Fire Peashooter, Ice Peashooter & Bamboo Shoot

the thing with season pass more companys are starting to do dlc not included in season pass like cod ghost with mp guys and skins and stuff like that. When i buy a season pass i should be getting every dlc for the game ever made it's complete joke at this point.

What are you talking about, where did that come from lol. Feel good letting off steam there Timbo?

Update: I decided to pick up the Xbox One version of the game since the price drop. I practically prestiged because I'm starting all over again lol. See ya online!

So the new maps are out (again).

I love them as it reminds me of TF2!

I just wish they would fix the coin difference in defending vs attacking. Even if you hold them to the first garden the coins per minute is not even close than if you win on the attack.

So the new maps are out (again).

I love them as it reminds me of TF2!

I just wish they would fix the coin difference in defending vs attacking. Even if you hold them to the first garden the coins per minute is not even close than if you win on the attack.
Actually it's relatively close. The games are just shorter during a complete shut out compared to a complete win, so naturally it feels like you're making less coins.

Actually it's relatively close. The games are just shorter during a complete shut out compared to a complete win, so naturally it feels like you're making less coins.
Umm a coins per minute comparison would say otherwise.
Shutting them out used to net around 600-800 coins per minute
A win on zombie side would net 900-1200 coins per minute.

And I did just see that they ARE fixing it this patcha as someone noted above. As long as you tick a certain amount of time off the clock they give you a nice try bonus of 1,000. Makes it much better. Haven't played enough to see how it really works yet but I see they are trying.

Microtransactions are being added to Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare. Starting next week you can purchase coins to get more packs and content right away. http://l.gamespot.com/1mOql1e
You know, I'm fine with this. I think we all felt it in the game's design and it was a matter of time. Plus if it continues to fund the free DLC then that's the way they've made it. Either that or have a Season Pass or map packs for $10 for your game, people want stuff for free but they obviously don't realize free doesn't pay the bills.

I've been waiting for and wanting these microtransactions. (Can't believe I said that) Its just nice to get an edge when I'm in my 60s and struggling to unlock more characters.

I swear this game is EA's apology to gamers. Free dlc, maps, game modes, etc... I don't care that it is cute and cuddly, This may be the finest shooter out there right now.

I swear this game is EA's apology to gamers. Free dlc, maps, game modes, etc... I don't care that it is cute and cuddly, This may be the finest shooter out there right now.
Definitely my second favorite behind Titanfall, but this induces a lot less gaming rage then Titanfall.

Also liking the strategy of EA to release free shit. Granted micro transactions are coming this/next week, so they will get their money either way.

Umm a coins per minute comparison would say otherwise.
Shutting them out used to net around 600-800 coins per minute
A win on zombie side would net 900-1200 coins per minute.

And I did just see that they ARE fixing it this patcha as someone noted above. As long as you tick a certain amount of time off the clock they give you a nice try bonus of 1,000. Makes it much better. Haven't played enough to see how it really works yet but I see they are trying.
Huh. I net about 1200 per minute for a shut out and 1000 per minute in a full game. Guess you and I play differently *shrugs*

Used to. They patched it to make it much closer
I'm well aware of that. Now I make 1500 for a shut out and 1400 for a win. The previous numbers were pre-Zomboss Down.

Regardless, I'm super stoked for the next patch/DLC. Not much for the RNG though. Sky Trooper ended up being my last new char. unlock, even though it was the only one I wanted. T^T

Have been playing the 360 version a few times this week to grab the achievements I'm working on. Wow, I like this game more than Titanfall lol. I enjoy Titanfall but I get killed too easy by someone who has way better equipment/skill/team and it just sooo drains my energy. That said I'm working on the Garden Ops Hard and Crazy achievements, if anybody is down for some Garden Ops this weekend.

my sticker book is full

I spend all my coins on 20k packs now cause i average 5 or so of the challenge skip stickers per pack, getting close to level 100

So I played for the first time since the most recent update last night.  Nothing quite as satisfying as standing above the train tracks having some dipwad try to jump up and get me and then all of a sudden he get whacked by the train!

So I played for the first time since the most recent update last night. Nothing quite as satisfying as standing above the train tracks having some dipwad try to jump up and get me and then all of a sudden he get whacked by the train!
Is this on the golf course map? If so I obviously don't explore enough!

New DLC - Suburbination

New map and game mode, new pea shooter, more accessories, and garden ops update

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zC-jYz9VUI4&feature=youtu.be&a

Oh jeez.  That looks like a lot of fun. 

Update:

The DLC is up!  The plasma peashooter has a cool look and Suburbigation specific sticker packs cost 30K. 

New zombie characters available starting tomorrow, as discussed in this thread --> http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/334512-plants-vs-zombies-garden-warfare-10-off-any-platform-free-dlc-w-the-purchase-of-specially-marked-cheetos-target/#entry12018230

Article link --> https://www.facebook.com/notes/plants-vs-zombies/cheetos-team-up-with-target-and-plants-vs-zombies-garden-warfare/10152211071830178

10606518_10152343973053214_6699830106204362315_n.png

10492366_10152343973183214_1429829089112536689_n.png

This is apparently a North America only promotion, but I bet these will be all over eBay and here before too long for those of you that can't get one from the promo. :)

anyone gets an extra code I'd love one, closest one to me is just over an hour away in Madison

hit level 100 and trying to unlock all the new bling items presently but diablo has distracted me

bread's done
Back