Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare - Now available on Xbox One and 360!

The matchmaking is a bit messed up, but its expected on launch week I guess. Earlier I entered a team vanquish game where it was 3 plants vs 2 zombies and the score was 45-29. Also got into a team vanquish by myself. 

Last edited by a moderator:
seems like boss mode = commander on bf4.

im thinking of picking this up watch people playing last two days looks pretty fun.

I played this for the first time tonight and had a lot of fun. Garden Ops has a lot directly lifted from ME3, which is fine by me, with a tower defense element. Great for co-op.

The competitive modes were enjoyable, although I got creamed when going out of the Welcome Mat. I will have to try the Classic modes to see if it's any more even without unlocks.

It's definitely addictive with all the unlocks and different classes. It's simple and straightforward, which I appreciate from how crazy some multiplayer games can get.

I didn't have any issues finding games or with uneven matches tonight, for what it's worth. I look forward to seeing you guys around the game!

Anyone playing on Xbox One? I just got this today and don't have many friends but would like to play this with others :).

GT: Sleep Hastings

Funny.  I logged on to let my daughter try it out and all I heard was the voices of little kids playing on the welcome mat stage. 

Note to self: Watch language when playing this game with randoms.   :shame:  

Funny. I logged on to let my daughter try it out and all I heard was the voices of little kids playing on the welcome mat stage.

Note to self: Watch language when playing this game with randoms. :shame:
Yeah and more likely than not I have a bunch of kids playing with one Kinect picking up all of them in their living room. MUTE

Geee, Thank you Microsoft.

Yea I usually get a game or two with kids talking around early evening. Yesterday some kid was playing with his sister and he kept telling her to get her head in the game haha.

This game is actually tons of fun. Sucks I can't play with friends though. Bastard ass beta program.

I definitely got a leg up thanks to lady luck.  In the 3rd Garden ops match I played since buying the game, I ended up spawning on the 10th round Zomboss slots and it came up a Diamond Jackpot which gives you 10k coins and basically just a buncha chump enemies.  All-in-all i got 13k for about 3min's work.    I ended up just saving all my coins up to get to 40k and in about 2 hours I bought the pack and it gave me the Fire Cactus.

I definitely could use some people on my XB1 friends list as no one I know is playing the game despite me constantly raving about it.  If anyone wants to add me, my GT is Bezerker285 (I always add new followers, so I should add you once I get on and see)

This game is actually tons of fun. Sucks I can't play with friends though. Bastard ass beta program.
The game looks really fun. What are peoples opinion on 360 vs X1? Is it definitely better go with the extra features on X1? TRU has a really good deal where both versions get a $10 GC.

I haven't used my X1 for much outside of a media center and I'm passing on Titanfall at launch so this might give me something to do for few months.

Good community?

I have it on the X1 and love it, the community is definitely active, matches always fill up. As for the exclusive features, boss mode I thought was pretty weak, split screen co-op is awesome if you got someone to play with.

I have it on the X1 and love it, the community is definitely active, matches always fill up. As for the exclusive features, boss mode I thought was pretty weak, split screen co-op is awesome if you got someone to play with.
Thank you. I feel like I'll have a blast playing this as it's more my speed then most shooters.... that being said I think a $19.99 download would be more fitting but $39.99 with a $10GC isn't bad either.

Yeah I have fun with all classes but I do like the All-Star too. He's the perfect zombie to take a punishment to hold a point or to try and revive a teammate. The Scientist obviously has a quicker revive time but less health.

Three days ago I got this in a newletter and it answers the differences of the 360 and X1 versions.

Shooters Just Got Weird <> 24-Player Multiplayer Action <> Plant and Zombie Customization <> 4-Player Online Co-op <> Xbox One Exclusive: Split-Screen Co-op, plus SmartGlass and Kinect Gameplay in Boss Mode!
Boss mode is a nice addition but I'd say I'd probably think split screen is the better one for the Xbox One version. I'm just speculating but mainly get the game on the platform where all your friends are on because it's a great community game -- with Garden Ops, Team Vanquish or Gardens & Graveyards.

My review copy came late in the week, but better late than never! I'm really enjoying it. But I agree that plants are overpowered. And I wish split-screen could play online, especially since you can't change the difficulty and it feels tuned for 4-players instead of 2. And it sucks that the second player can't earn progress or Achievements.

I've been playing this game all weekend and love it. So far most Vanquish games have been evenly matched and many have been severely close in score. Like someone said it's up to your team to work together and balance. I started with the Chomper and Engineer since I felt like they'd be the hardest to master and it's paid off. Now I'm trying the Cactus and Scientist. Getting them as high leveled as I can. But once you hit level 5 and work towards 6 there are a bit of challenges. I can't imagine how many will be required for level 10.

FYI there is a item you can get in packs that let you skip the objectives, which is handy when say nobody is playing as an engineer on the opposing team so there's no way of vanquishing them! lol I've found via playing since launch that most of the time objectives can be obtained easier doing the Gardens & Graveyards mode since the rounds last a lot longer, easy to get the blank in the same session ones, build three teleporters in one session as an engineer, and a few are actually asking for you to capture points in that mode.

Yea, I've been leveling up the Fire cactus I unlocked and i'm supposed to shoot down 3 enemy drones when I have never even seen 1.   I have 7 of the skip star things so I may end up using one on that.

Yeah I'm starring to realize that the game is indeed pretty balanced, the problem is with inexperienced players/sucky people.   I've seen so many Scientists/Sunflowers that don't heal.  WTF!?  I can't figure out why...unless I guess they haven't unlocked that option, but it happens way to much for me to think that's the case.    

Also garden ops doesn't work without at least one sunflower, I've gotten in matches where there is no sunflower, and of course its too late for me to change since I was one of the first people to pick a player.   If they allowed to change characters mid-match that would help.

Overall, still loving the game.

I've been holding off on using my skip challenge cards at such low levels since I'm sure I'll need them during the later ranks. I may make an exception for my damn Chomper. I have to plant 3 Bang Choy but haven't gotten any cards for that so he's stuck for now and I've abandoned playing as that class.

As a Scientist I'll throw down a health fountain when I see my teammates need it, but often enough I see them ignore it and run back into battle and die. It sucks. Especially since I don't get any points for it unless they stay and heal for a bit. As usual it depends on skill and situational awareness.

I love using my Engineer for Gardens and Graveyards. Heck it's basically required for having a successful run. Building teleporters and turrets are my first priority. Then I focus on using my drone and then battle after that. Heck I've gotten some awesome Vanquish streaks from calling in air strikes.

Today I was trying to get the Garden Ops achievement for beating it on Crazy and it's definitely a challenge. We got to wave 9 and failed. I experienced my first major glitch when my teammate went to revive me but it messed up and put me under the map so I couldn't help. Someone used a Retry card and we still failed since our Garden didn't have a ton of health left anyways. So close.

I have to say having a balanced team and spawning a bunch of plants helps. Of course 1-2 Sunflowers are required. But the more Sunflowers the more it's required for the other players to be really effective at offense and crowd control. It's easy to get overwhelmed.

There are new packs in the sticker shop, focused on specific plants or zombies.

I used a skip star and when I went to select the objective I wanted to skip my controller's ghost movement moved up one and I skipped the wrong one. Ahhh, used 2 skips, damn it. Opened up a pack after a round, got 10 more! ^_^

I've gotten the Skip challenges in the lower prices packs. Maybe the 1K and 5K ones.

I know the packs are random but for people who have unlocked Bang Choy plants what packs did you get them in? Still no luck even after buying the new 20K Plant specific pack :(

Wtf. I finally beat all 10 rounds of Garden Ops om Crazy and was the only one to extract and I didn't get the achievement. I can't believe that. Wow. So many times I've had teams fail at round 9. I can't believe that didn't count when I revived and extracted.

i hope they fix this chat audio issue pretty fast 90 percent of the time i can't hearanyone even after restarting game with headset hooked into controller.

Just started playing the game yesterday since I decided to take a break from Rayman Legends. Games really fun so far  mostly been playing mix game modes so far.

Has anyone seen zombies win the attack and defend like mode? I haven't won, or seen a team win yet and I was surprised how many bases they needed to win.

i hope they fix this chat audio issue pretty fast 90 percent of the time i can't hearanyone even after restarting game with headset hooked into controller.
Um, I haven't had an issue, can you explain yourself? The biggest thing in audio terms that I've had to deal with is muting Kinect users who echo their game audio, why the f Microsoft thought this was great for gaming is beyond me - it's extremely annoying yet thankfully you can mute the player.

Just started playing the game yesterday since I decided to take a break from Rayman Legends. Games really fun so far mostly been playing mix game modes so far.

Has anyone seen zombies win the attack and defend like mode? I haven't won, or seen a team win yet and I was surprised how many bases they needed to win.
Yeah, in-fact I was on a zombie team last night that took all of the bases and completed the last objective to win the match. I've also been there when a zombie team can't even capture one base, it all depends on teamwork like Battlefield pretty much.

Oh almost forgot, I was able to unlock a few characters and have all their upgrades so I went into the non-classic modes to wreck havoc and havoc did I wreck! The Super Commando, special Zombie Foot Soldier has to be my most favorite at the moment - he's the The-Walking-Dead-Daryl character with the use of a crossbow firing 3 quick powerful shots compared to the Foot Soldier's base weapon. Also have the Plant Fire Chomper, Plant Shadow Sunflower & Zombie Radiated Scientist (not sure if that's his name but he glows green and has a bonus to poison) unlocked but not all upgrades for those guys yet.

I've gotten the Skip challenges in the lower prices packs. Maybe the 1K and 5K ones.

I know the packs are random but for people who have unlocked Bang Choy plants what packs did you get them in? Still no luck even after buying the new 20K Plant specific pack :(
Funny how you mention skip packs in the 1k. I've bought over 30 1k packs and got no skip chllaneges, but I did get a Bang Choy lol. I'll have try more of the 5k/10k, I know I got 2 skip packs with the 10k one.

Skip packs are must pretty much past level 6ish from my experience in this game.

I've had some sound issues playing where I don't care the pop/ting noise when killing people and music has seemed to dissapear at times. SO the game is definitely buggy, but could be the latest patch/a EA thing.

Yeah we audio from the game I've had it happen a few times where you'd get snagged by the Spikeweed and the audio SFX would loop indefinitely.

Yeah just opened up a 5K pack and got 2 Skip Challenge Stars opposed to getting 10 from the 20K pack.

I can explain my self. 90 percent of the time I see names of people talking I hear nothing. I don't know if some reason if people are in party it still shows up like cod who knows. I know sometimes it happens to me and my friends in game chat but party is fine.

I went on games forums seems like its problem others are having.

The latest update gave me some skip challenges in the 1k pack, but it's only 1 vs the 10k pack that gives me 3+.

Finally hit level 30 to.

The update gives a lot more coins and the zombies seem slightly more powerful, won a lot more matches as zombies.

I just hit level 30 too. I've got all my plants at least at level 5 and am working on the zombies. Not sure if they feel stronger. I never had trouble with them before.

Played as Fire Chomper, like a mix of Chomper and Fire Dragon hehe, and Dr Toxic last night, poison special zombie scientist. Lots of fun.

Edit: Um OK, so yeaaah what's up with the Sticker Shop being closed? It's not for me but I finally convinced a buddy to pick it up and he can't access the store, forums say it's a known problem and "EA is looking into it."

I can explain my self. 90 percent of the time I see names of people talking I hear nothing. I don't know if some reason if people are in party it still shows up like cod who knows. I know sometimes it happens to me and my friends in game chat but party is fine.

I went on games forums seems like its problem others are having.
I've seen the same thing routinely. Something isn't functioning properly with the game chat.

bread's done
Back