Play Asia Easter Egg Sale

Man, consoles are excluded again? I really hate that they don't just come out and SAY that. 20% off everything my ass, Play-Asia. Gah.

[quote name='Bravelionheart']Man, consoles are excluded again? I really hate that they don't just come out and SAY that. 20% off everything my ass, Play-Asia. Gah.[/quote]Yeah I found a bunch of items that were in stock, and not 20% off.(Older than 30 days)

[quote name='Bravelionheart']Man, consoles are excluded again? I really hate that they don't just come out and SAY that. 20% off everything my ass, Play-Asia. Gah.[/QUOTE]
Don't blame them, it's right in the disclaimer:
The offer excludes video game systems and products that were released during the last 30 days

pete5883, I believe that there are items that are not 20% off that are older than 30 days. For instance, I paid $19.90 for Capcom vs. SNK 2 (The Best Collection) for PS2 a few weeks ago. If you go onto playasia.com, you'll discover that it's still selling for $19.90 today even though it was released way over 30 days ago...

[quote name='josekortez']pete5883, I believe that there are items that are not 20% off that are older than 30 days. For instance, I paid $19.90 for Capcom vs. SNK 2 (The Best Collection) for PS2 a few weeks ago. If you go onto playasia.com, you'll discover that it's still selling for $19.90 today even though it was released way over 30 days ago...[/quote]

Thats because Capcom vs Snk 2 isn't "in stock", it's listed as "Usually ships within 1 week". The 20% off is only for items that are listed as "In stock, usually ships within 24 hours"

[quote name='fieldkillah']Thats because Capcom vs Snk 2 isn't "in stock", it's listed as "Usually ships within 1 week". The 20% off is only for items that are listed as "In stock, usually ships within 24 hours"[/quote]Thanks for clearing that up, I figured that "Usually ships within 1 week" meant it was In Stock. :lol:

[quote name='GAMERMASTERMAN']Thanks for clearing that up, I figured that "Usually ships within 1 week" meant it was In Stock. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, me too, but like I said originally, I'd already bought Capcom vs. SNK 2. However, that should mean that the available sale items should stay discounted until Monday...as long as they don't sell out.

Look for the "24 Hours" tag on older stuff, those are the ones that are currently discounted. Keep in mind that if it's less than 30 days old, even if it says "24 Hours", it won't be on sale.

I'm being constantly taunted by Nights for PS2. I should probably just suck it up and pull the trigger.

[quote name='mattstockton12']Well Ouendan 2 would have been a great deal if it was still $30 like it was last week. Glad I got it then.[/quote]

It was at the beginning of this sale. Luckily I got in for $23.92 plus shipping.

Hi.

I'm new to the Play-Asia purchasing and had a few questions. If it is an Asian version, will it play on us consoles? The game in question says no region protection.

If it will play, what are the differences? Are the manuals in a different language? Voices?

Thanks.

[quote name='bornbuckeye']Hi.

I'm new to the Play-Asia purchasing and had a few questions. If it is an Asian version, will it play on us consoles? The game in question says no region protection.

If it will play, what are the differences? Are the manuals in a different language? Voices?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Depends. All of those things. If it's an Asian 360 game and Play-Asia's description says it works, you should be fine. If it's like an Ubisoft game or something from a US developer, it's going to be in English. If it was originally a Japanese game, then it's a toss-up... could have Japanese audio, Japanese text, or English. Depends on the game. Asian versions typically have manuals in English.

Of course, if it's an AZN PS2 game, it won't work on a US system.

Sorry to bump, but I wanted to ask. Did anyone who ordered a DuelShock 3 in canada with the cheapest Airmail and the envelope bag get theirs yet?

I havn't gotten mine yet and play-asia said they shipped it march 27th and the order claimed it would only take a week. It's been two now, i'm really regreting my choice of mail service now because I won't have proof of lost delivery if something went wrong.

[quote name='MatiasB']Sorry to bump, but I wanted to ask. Did anyone who ordered a DuelShock 3 in canada with the cheapest Airmail and the envelope bag get theirs yet?

I havn't gotten mine yet and play-asia said they shipped it march 27th and the order claimed it would only take a week. It's been two now, i'm really regreting my choice of mail service now because I won't have proof of lost delivery if something went wrong.[/quote]

I wouldn't worry, even though I live in the US, my DS3 shipped the same time and I JUST got it 2 days ago... I'd say give it another couple days, maybe?

[quote name='iHack']I wouldn't worry, even though I live in the US, my DS3 shipped the same time and I JUST got it 2 days ago... I'd say give it another couple days, maybe?[/quote]

Same here.

[quote name='MatiasB']Sorry to bump, but I wanted to ask. Did anyone who ordered a DuelShock 3 in canada with the cheapest Airmail and the envelope bag get theirs yet?

I havn't gotten mine yet and play-asia said they shipped it march 27th and the order claimed it would only take a week. It's been two now, i'm really regreting my choice of mail service now because I won't have proof of lost delivery if something went wrong.[/quote]

As others have said, I wouldn't worry about it. I had an order take a little longer than normal and emailed them. They said it could be 5-21 days. I made two separate orders during this sale. My DS3 arrived before my sexy plastic figures.

Will chime in to say that received my silver DS3 and Saturn shmup from the Easter sale today. Just hang in there, it'll come...

[quote name='MatiasB']Thanks everyone, I'm just a bit neurotic. Will hold in there.[/quote]

I emailed them because both of my orders shipped at the same time and I thought it was weird that I hadn't received it. Next day it was in my mail box. So it shipped on the 27th. I think mine shipped around then. It probably will be there shortly.

[quote name='Chacrana']Depends. All of those things. If it's an Asian 360 game and Play-Asia's description says it works, you should be fine. If it's like an Ubisoft game or something from a US developer, it's going to be in English. If it was originally a Japanese game, then it's a toss-up... could have Japanese audio, Japanese text, or English. Depends on the game. Asian versions typically have manuals in English.

Of course, if it's an AZN PS2 game, it won't work on a US system.[/quote]

OK, I was wondering the same thing about R6 2 for the 360..the Asian version is on sale for $34.90 right now. Link
I just don't want to buy it and something not be in English. If anyones knows...PLEASE let me know and sorry for posting this here but its the only place where i found something that answered my question...kinda

bread's done
Back