Playstation 3D Display $199.99 at GameStop & Best Buy

Kingmob46

CAGiversary!
Gamestop

Best Buy

Edit 5: Seems Best Buy is back in stock, Newegg is now $249.

Edit 4: [damn this thread won't die!] Newegg is now @ $199 [free ship, not tax for most, also Shoprunner eligible] Best Buy still has it @ $199 but it is back-ordered on .com, check for stock in store. Thanks to TheTruth1983 [that you Paul?] for the Newegg info!

EDIT 3: Now dead at Best Buy, YMMV Price Match?

EDIT 2: This does not include the extra glasses/MLB bundle at either location. Just the monitor, 1 pair of glasses, and Motorstorm Apocalypse. Thank you to all the posting Caggers for the updates!

Ok, Don't kill the messenger,this is just a kindly FYI service, the Playstation 3D display/bundle [what ever they have in stock] will be $199 next week.

Buy 4 and use them to prop up your bed for extra storage :bouncy:

EDIT:
I will just add this bit of information, though we will not be able to confirm it until the 27th. When I was talking to the GS employee who told me about this sale last week; he indicated that GS was "clearing out" the stock on hand and that what ever stock/bundle he had was going to be $199. Again, I CANNOT CONFIRM THIS. However, I will be in that store Wednesday morning just in case the bundles [with extra games/glasses] are $199.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Fire2box']Isn't the 3d monitor like 720P only? Since that is what most PS3 games run at anyhow, no reason for sony to throw in extra pixels/res to go to 1080p.[/QUOTE]

You've heard of 3D Movies on Blu-ray right?

[quote name='Fire2box']Isn't the 3d monitor like 720P only? Since that is what most PS3 games run at anyhow, no reason for sony to throw in extra pixels/res to go to 1080p.[/QUOTE]

No, as I stated earlier in this thread, it supports 3D 1080p/24hz. That's the standard for 3D movie formats for Blu-ray, you can get full resolution 1080p 3D on this display.

Even aside from that, why shouldn't it at least support 1080p for all other content that isn't in 3D? It's not like it requires everything you view to be in 3D, you know.

If it didn't have 1080p, I probably wouldn't be buying it. It's going to be a secondary computer monitor for me as well, and I don't want a 720p monitor. Not to mention, there are several 1080p non-3D games, as well as 1080p 3D (and non-3D) movies.

Personally, Simulview is one of the selling points for me, despite the fact there's only half a dozen games or so that support it. I wish more split-screen games did.

[quote name='xenophreak']How do you price match this at best buy without an ad?
Can i buy it this week at BB and then PM it next week?[/QUOTE]

you tell them to look at up on the gamestop website. that is what i do when i want them to price match gamestop

Has anyone gone into the store to verify this deal yet? On the website it still shows original price of $399.

** Edit **

I just called 2 gamestops and they state the price drop is to $299 from $399 :wall:

Had 2 at the local BB when I went to get the $10 games this morning. The guy was surprised when I mentioned what bad reliability I've heard about them, he said he hasn't heard of anyone having problems, and if anything has had people coming back to say how great the monitors were.

NOT doubting anyone, just interesting-- you seem to either get a good one or have no end of problems... and my luck with Sony products is such I'm sure I'd be in RMA hell.

BB has them on sale for $249 this week and he said they'd PM Gamestop if the $199 price materializes..

I didn't buy one, though...

[quote name='hav0k99']Has anyone gone into the store to verify this deal yet? On the website it still shows original price of $399.

** Edit **

I just called 2 gamestops and they state the price drop is to $299 from $399 :wall:[/QUOTE]

It's listed here on their upcoming Gamestock sale thing although that says:

Available 06/27/12-07/31/12

so the dates might be a bit off.

http://www.gamestock2012.com/DealsOfTheWeek.aspx

[quote name='Mugatu']It's listed here on their upcoming Gamestock sale thing although that says:

Available 06/27/12-07/31/12

so the dates might be a bit off.

http://www.gamestock2012.com/DealsOfTheWeek.aspx[/QUOTE]

Looks like it's display and a set of glasses, at least from the ad. I'm more interested in maybe getting duke nukem balls of steel for $10...

I've heard nothing but bad news about this thing. From it not turning on to dying and crap.

At this rate its going to drop to $150 pretty soon I'm thinking.

The gamestock page (good find!) shows a PS 3D Display for $199, but it looks like it's the base package only. Also confirms Twisted Metal for $30 (6/25 only) and Starhawk for $30 (MSRP just dropped to $40, and it's $10 off on 6/26).

[quote name='superhippy1986']I've heard nothing but bad news about this thing. From it not turning on to dying and crap.

At this rate its going to drop to $150 pretty soon I'm thinking.[/QUOTE]

you never know, especially with bestbuy, you might actually get it for that price as dotd, or in the outlet center,LOL

[quote name='TheLounge']Looks like it's display and a set of glasses, at least from the ad.[/QUOTE]

It shows Motorstorm on the screen and a pair of glasses next to the TV. I think ti's just a stock image of the in-box contents, no extras added in to sweeten the deal :whistle2:(

[quote name='iiSaviour']No TV tuner ... fuck.[/QUOTE]

From what I heard, you can use it as a TV if you have a receiver that uses the video inputs. (Anything digital/HD afaik)

[quote name='Justin42']
NOT doubting anyone, just interesting-- you seem to either get a good one or have no end of problems... and my luck with Sony products is such I'm sure I'd be in RMA hell.

[/QUOTE]

My first one was a lemon. The HDMI connection kept dropping out for 2-3 seconds at a time. I took it back and my new one has performed flawlessly for months now.

There is now proof that it IS 100% real. I just received a PowerUp Rewards email that had a link. The link stated that it is valid from 6/27/12 to 7/31/12. For a $199 SONY Playstation 3D Display. Check your email if you are a member.

Thanks Mugatu, I was starting to have my doubts. I'm still hoping for the bundle that will make this a no brainer. $199 for just the base package is still pretty tempting, though.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer'].

1. Shipping to the used game warehouse only usually applies if the games are mangled beyond belief 2. or the store employees are raping every customer for refurb fees, even on stuff that's immaculate.

3. Again, see above. If GS employees were told to be more selective in the feces and other indeterminate substance covered, scratched up, disc only shit they took in then those employees would be redundant and no longer necessary.;) 4. Not only that, but I believe that most GS employees usually print up those fetching anime kid covers for the disc only games, so no need to send those out and pay someone else to do that.

5. Since when do GS employees actually get benefits? I mean, aside from being paid via a cash card that rapes them with fees every time they try to use it.
http://kotaku.com/5153889/getting-paid-at-gamestop-not-as-simple-as-it-should-be

6. At one point in time, Amazon had values far and above GS and even offered bonus credit. Now they only offer the base value. But right now BB is offering a 100% trade bonus and combined with their 10% bump card and the right games it can't be beat. But yeah, all three places offer shit values otherwise nowadays.:roll:

7. For the record, I only used to trade in nearly broken stuff when dumping crap consoles on them.;) Kidding. Actually virtually everything I traded to them was mint/complete. So someone got excellent condition copies of many games.

8. I had to damn near jump the counter the one time to point out where the new/sealed copies of X or Y game were when I kept asking for a new copy of a recently released game. They kept trying to upsell to the pre-owned copies, all of which were disc only less than a week from launch.:shock::roll:

I've had good employees, bad employees and super pushy employees before. Of the three I'd rather have the good & bad employees, but the super pushy(mention 10 different preorders, then whore out the PUR card) ones can eat a dick. I'd rather pre-order with someone who knows I don't put up with the upselling bs and is laid back rather than Mr. I Think I'm Super fuckin' Salesman Of The Year.:roll:

9. $50? Shit. I'd just rather an actual apology from the employee(s) in question in front of a packed store on a busy night like a Friday or Saturday evening. Embarassing an asshole employee makes me smile more than greasing my palm with a "free" gift card. That free gc basically means I'm giving that dick a free pass to be a jerkoff to someone else in the fuure if it means it'll get him a sale.

10. I only usually bought from GS when there was an actual deal that I considered decent. Otherwise I avoided them like the plague. [/quote]

1. Which is more than 50% of the games. (most) People do not take care of their stuff. If GameStop only took pristine stuff, they would hardly take any trade ins. A

2. I have traded tons of stuff and maybe 1 time I paid a "refurb fee". How do you know all employees "rape customers with fees"? Assumption out of your ass? or did you conduct a formal surveys with customers checking their receipts?

3. It is not that easy to just take "perfect / complete items". Again, GameStop would hardly sell any used games if that was the case.

4. Wrong. Employees do not print the "disc only" covers. Those come from the Refurb center in Grapevine, TX with the cases and games. There is a special machine that does that. Keep assuming and pulling shit out of your ass.

5. Employees do get benefits and they are better than your average retail store. I used to get CIGNA medical and dental for my family for $120 every paycheck. Try getting those benefits at Wal-Mart. I am impressed with your google search. Nice article about an employee bitching because he gets paid with a card that charges fees. Actually, the story fails to mention that you can transfer your card balance to any bank for free. Also, every employee can get paid through direct deposit at no cost. Nice try.

6. At one point amazon had great trade in values... a long time ago. Right now they will give you $1 for Infamous 2 (if your game is in "good condition"). Have fun trading those games over there.

7. Sure, everything you trade is flawless. Good for you. That's not how most people treat their stuff.

8. How hard were they trying to sell you that used game? Just tell the clerk, shut the fuck up and give me the new copy. That will take care of the matter right away. Unless, you are sensitive and can't get those words out of your mouth. When it comes to preorders, man, I must be the luckiest guy in America because every time a clerk tries to push a preorder, they stop asking once I say no.

9. Apologies mean shit to me, I rather have a nice $50 gift card. I rather deal with jerks so I can get me a nice gift card so I can buy myself a nice game. An "apology" does not entertain me on my XBOX 360.

10. "Avoid them like the plague but run to the store when there is a deal." Doesn't that sound like hypocrisy? I avoid places I dislike no matter the price I can get. You remind me of the wal-mart haters who cannot stand the company because it kills "local stores", yet these same people go to wal-mart every week because it is the cheapest place to buy goods.

Just a heads up to anyone considering price matching at Best Buy to purchase an extended warranty, Best Buy no longer refunds the full purchase price should the display be deemed unrepairable. The new terms (don't know when the terms changed since my last claim was back in 2006) are "comparable technology" which equates to whatever Best Buy currently sells that is comparable so you could possibly end up getting screwed down the road if you expect a full refund or exact replacement.

[quote name='mark_IV']Just a heads up to anyone considering price matching at Best Buy to purchase an extended warranty, Best Buy no longer refunds the full purchase price should the display be deemed unrepairable. The new terms (don't know when the terms changed since my last claim was back in 2006) are "comparable technology" which equates to whatever Best Buy currently sells that is comparable so you could possibly end up getting screwed down the road if you expect a full refund or exact replacement.[/QUOTE]

Considering it's a 3D monitor and the "comparable technology" it sounds like Best Buy could easily get sued for a higher priced 3D tv/monitor. :p

[quote name='YBX87']you tell them to look at up on the gamestop website. that is what i do when i want them to price match gamestop[/QUOTE]

FYI, this doesn't always work, depending on how the manager interprets the wording of their price match guarantee:

Best Buy does not match the prices of Internet-only retailers or the website prices of our local retail competitors' stores.

Technically, this isn't a case where the website price is different from the retail price (which sometimes happens), but I've had managers say any price advertised on the web only isn't valid. Never hurts to ask, though.

[quote name='oasisboy']1. Which is more than 50% of the games. (most) People do not take care of their stuff. If GameStop only took pristine stuff, they would hardly take any trade ins.[/quote]
Most people? I guess that's why I've found mint/complete games when I look at many GS stores. Unfortunately it's more than likely their targeted clientele(spoiled kids & their parents) that end up trading in the crap condition stuff.
2. I have traded tons of stuff and maybe 1 time I paid a "refurb fee". How do you know all employees "rape customers with fees"? Assumption out of your ass? or did you conduct a formal surveys with customers checking their receipts?
I said employees, not ALL employees. But certain stores around here(the DM's home office store especially) seem to charge fees on quite a bit of stuff. They tried that with me at my closest store when I was trading in a huge stack of PS3 games, which have that nice scratch resistant coating on them. They tried nailing me for fees on games that had a fuckin' speck of dust on them.

A speck of motherfucking DUST is enough to warrant a fee, but the scratched up, piss stained, shit stained and otherwise incomplete games across many platforms that are STILL scratched to shit are still on the shelf at some of these stores that assessed fees for their condition. Pure money grab, if you ask me. If the companies lil goons working at the stores are gonna charge fees for peoples' stuff being messed up, at least actually refurb it for that price.:roll:.

Again, not all stores and employees do that and take the fee while not shipping stuff out, but I proved it myself that a local store was gouging with fees and not sending stuff out by marking my disc in an inconspicuous manner as well as the coverart and manual. I called them out on it and they immediately refunded the fee they charged me and gave me the bonus credit I missed out on the prior day when they socked me with the fee.:roll:
3. It is not that easy to just take "perfect / complete items". Again, GameStop would hardly sell any used games if that was the case.
Again you're overstating the percentage of merchandise that's taken in in horrid condition. If a chain like Transworld Entertainment(FYE, SecondSpin) can have a viable used section by nitpicking what is taken in and what isn't, then so can Gamestop. It's just that their mantra is any product taken in is potential profit. Let our customers be our quality control department. Power to the players....to test out our garbage condition media and consoles we take in.
4. Wrong. Employees do not print the "disc only" covers. Those come from the Refurb center in Grapevine, TX with the cases and games. There is a special machine that does that. Keep assuming and pulling shit out of your ass.
REALLY? That is just.....completely asinine. I wonder how many millions of dollars in shipping fees are paid by GS per year to ship stuff out to their central processing center in TX, rather than just shipping each store the pre-printed anime kids covers(or just letting them print up their own) and getting one of the workers at each store to set up a basic PC and laser printer to print the name of the games on those pre printed covers.

You would think for a megacorporation like GS that's all about the profits that they would want to save those shipping fees and have their worker bees being kept busy. It's not rocket science to print up a generic cover for a game. But I keep forgetting that GS would rather ingrain their corporate mantra of 'sell sell sell' versus having them do busy work and save the company some money.
5. Employees do get benefits and they are better than your average retail store. I used to get CIGNA medical and dental for my family for $120 every paycheck. Try getting those benefits at Wal-Mart. I am impressed with your google search. Nice article about an employee bitching because he gets paid with a card that charges fees. Actually, the story fails to mention that you can transfer your card balance to any bank for free. Also, every employee can get paid through direct deposit at no cost. Nice try.
I'm impressed. I felt that GS would be more heartless than WM with the bennies. Shocking. I'll also admit that I realized after the fact that that article was way outdated.
6. At one point amazon had great trade in values... a long time ago. Right now they will give you $1 for Infamous 2 (if your game is in "good condition"). Have fun trading those games over there.
They still have decent values every so often. You just can't try trading in the newest and shiniest games and expect to make a decent amount from them now though.
7. Sure, everything you trade is flawless. Good for you. That's not how most people treat their stuff.
Again with the generalization that most people are dumb apes that can't handle a disc or game case without mucking it up severely. Like I said, I've seen a ton of complete and mint condition games in GS stores before.
8. How hard were they trying to sell you that used game? Just tell the clerk, shut the fuck up and give me the new copy. That will take care of the matter right away. Unless, you are sensitive and can't get those words out of your mouth. When it comes to preorders, man, I must be the luckiest guy in America because every time a clerk tries to push a preorder, they stop asking once I say no.
Believe me, I have ZERO problems telling people off.;) I embarassed the one GS worker the one time who immediately went into the shtick asking if I had anything to trade in today. I replied with "Yeah. Hold on. Lemme get these games that I set down here in the Nth dimension. Hold on. I just have to open up a small wormhole to get them out." He shut right up after that and any time after that that I came in empty handed he didn't automatically do the company spiel about trades.:D
9. Apologies mean shit to me, I rather have a nice $50 gift card. I rather deal with jerks so I can get me a nice gift card so I can buy myself a nice game. An "apology" does not entertain me on my XBOX 360.
I have a backlog as long as both of my arms, so I'm set till the PS4 or maybe even the PS5 for stuff to play. To me I'd rather the manager or underling show some humility and have to swallow their pride in a very public manner versus just buying me off.
10. "Avoid them like the plague but run to the store when there is a deal." Doesn't that sound like hypocrisy? I avoid places I dislike no matter the price I can get. You remind me of the wal-mart haters who cannot stand the company because it kills "local stores", yet these same people go to wal-mart every week because it is the cheapest place to buy goods.
I never said I wasn't a hypocrite actually. I go where I feel there are good sales. For a while when GS was following the old Amazon model of doing a lightning deal type of sale on a select game or games I picked up a bunch of games including Red Dead Redemption when it was still $50-60 new in stores to name at least one I grabbed.

But that program died very quickly after the company apparently realized their servers couldn't handle the strain of everyone trying to grab the deal online and the site crashed, only to come back up for a minute or two and then crash again and stay down for a while.

The GameDays sale they do every year now is halfway decent sometimes. During the last GD sale I snagged :ps3:Catherine for $30 while everyone else still had it at $50-60. Sure. I could've bought it used from Gamefly. But I'd rather support the developers of such a unique game with a new game sale.

[quote name='Fire2box']Considering it's a 3D monitor and the "comparable technology" it sounds like Best Buy could easily get sued for a higher priced 3D tv/monitor. :p[/QUOTE]
Good luck to them trying to get someone another Simulview TV for under a couple thousand.

I'm hoping there is something bundled in here... I would absolutely jump at it then.

Also, could anyone speak a little bit more about the 1-year warranty that comes with it? Does Sony replace it, no questions asked? Would I have to pay for shipping if I need to send it in?

I feel like the $249.99+free shipping @ tigerdirect is a better deal for me. For $50 more i get 3 games for free. Idk im weird :/

[quote name='cookiecrumbz']I feel like the $249.99+free shipping @ tigerdirect is a better deal for me. For $50 more i get 3 games for free. Idk im weird :/[/QUOTE]

Unless this price is for the bundle with extra glasses and MLB The Show, which I'd flip for a couple bucks. Then again, if you were planning on buying both Uncharted 3 and Killzone 3, it could be worth it. If you're not into the multiplayer, Uncharted 3 is a perfect rental.

[quote name='cookiecrumbz']I feel like the $249.99+free shipping @ tigerdirect is a better deal for me. For $50 more i get 3 games for free. Idk im weird :/[/QUOTE]

Had to search for this. Great deal cause it gives you Killzone 3 and Uncharted 3 for an extra $50 (not bad).

The question is whether the Gamestop $199 version will come with extra 3d glasses (two overall). That would be a killer deal, cause those glasses are expensive!

I got this display a while ago (before BB added in the show and additional glasses, but close enough to PA to get them free) and I've been using it as my bedroom TV with Netflix, and it works well. With the auto timer on the PS3 as soon as it shuts off the Monitor shuts down too which is a nice feature. And the simulview is totally badass for anyone wondering

[quote name='MrshllJcb']I got this display a while ago (before BB added in the show and additional glasses, but close enough to PA to get them free) and I've been using it as my bedroom TV with Netflix, and it works well. With the auto timer on the PS3 as soon as it shuts off the Monitor shuts down too which is a nice feature. And the simulview is totally badass for anyone wondering[/QUOTE]
That's pretty handy, didn't know that

I think I'll bite, but I want to get it at BB, if I go ahead and swing by during lunch to get it, would they PM me the 100 dollar difference on Wednesday?

I've had 1 in my office hooked up to my PS3 since November. I have not had an issue with it yet. I think I will bite on 2 more to use for my PC. Then I will have a wall of 3 on my desk! :)

[quote name='shadowkast']That's pretty handy, didn't know that[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure its even considered a feature, it just turns off when there is no source to it, so if you use the sleep timer on the PS3 it works well together. I really have no complaints with the monitor other than the fact it doesn't have a cable tuner which it never claimed to have so that's null, and it could use some more HDMI and component inputs on the back

2 free games...both with a combined retail of $50-60, Good luck getting one since TigerDirect tossed my order into backorder hell, eventually cancelled and took forever for them to release the funds...maybe you'll luck out

3d feature with glasses won't work for person who already wearing a glasses. Tried 10 mins of uncharted 3 on 3d. While it certainly was nice to look at, but the headache kicks in just around the same time. Even at 200 bucks, I still see this thing everywhere at least in NyC. So i think Ill wait for a little while longer.

[quote name='Untamed Sorrow']2 free games...both with a combined retail of $50-60, Good luck getting one since TigerDirect tossed my order into backorder hell, eventually cancelled and took forever for them to release the funds...maybe you'll luck out[/QUOTE]

Oh is that the case? I guess this deal is the next best thing. However i am also thinking of buying a 3DS XL at launch. Decisions decisions.....

[quote name='heyheyhey11']3d feature with glasses won't work for person who already wearing a glasses. Tried 10 mins of uncharted 3 on 3d. While it certainly was nice to look at, but the headache kicks in just around the same time. Even at 200 bucks, I still see this thing everywhere at least in NyC. So i think Ill wait for a little while longer.[/QUOTE]
I've heard the opposite with these glasses. People have said they fit (and work) well over regular glasses.

[quote name='madcatz1999']I've heard the opposite with these glasses. People have said they fit (and work) well over regular glasses.[/QUOTE]

I used to have glasses. Wearing 3d wasn't bad at all, but you do feel just a tiny bit weird when looking sideways (peripheral vision).

Contacts now and it's simply amazing!

My PS3 TV occasionally blanks/goes black when playing netflix or in an intense bf3 fight, but idk if it's defective.. I still want to buy another one!

[quote name='crypto186']^ wtf? How did you do that? I would love to purchase the tv if it is in a bundle.[/QUOTE]

I'm in there a lot, just said gamestop has this for 199.99 this week, starting wednesday. Can you PM or do I need to come back Wed? She said ehh I'll go ahead and give it to ya.

Dang nice. The people at my BB are complete tools...Managers are micromanaging freaks and most employees are mindless drones.

not a bad deal for those waiting - technically yes the tiger direct deal is slightly better.

had one and debated on keeping it since i found a 26" sony lcd i had stashed a while ago for my gaming setup.

my biggest conflict was (and i'm sure some will find it stupid) no way to hang it on wall.

i mean for goodness sakes they have a bracket that goes underneath and hangs on the best buy display. for sony not to have one even available is just neglectful. if i could weld i'm sure i can make something up but that is nor here nor there. so it's gone till i get a new setup in maybe 5yrs.

Sooooooo tempted to bite on one of these since I have about 200 in credit just sitting atm....
but the horror stories with these are just so bad that I don't know if I want to chance it >.

[quote name='NINJA V']not a bad deal for those waiting - technically yes the tiger direct deal is slightly better.

had one and debated on keeping it since i found a 26" sony lcd i had stashed a while ago for my gaming setup.

my biggest conflict was (and i'm sure some will find it stupid) no way to hang it on wall.

i mean for goodness sakes they have a bracket that goes underneath and hangs on the best buy display. for sony not to have one even available is just neglectful. if i could weld i'm sure i can make something up but that is nor here nor there. so it's gone till i get a new setup in maybe 5yrs.[/QUOTE]

I plan on getting two more and was thinking about mounting them. When I looked at the back I thought they had the standard monitor four screw layout that would allow me to attach a mount to them. I will verify when I get home.

I would definitely buy this if my GTX580 3D Vision would work with it.... I have read about the modified inf file, but I dont want to buy a 200 dollar monitor and have to modify files to make it work.

This is really disappointing.

Read my response...on the spoiler.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
1. Most people? I guess that's why I've found mint/complete games when I look at many GS stores. Unfortunately it's more than likely their targeted clientele(spoiled kids & their parents) that end up trading in the crap condition stuff.

1. The reason why you may find mint / flawless games is because you are most likely buying "Used Games" that are actually "Brand New" but had their seal and wrapping removed. GameStop buys "leftover games" from stores like Blockbuster and Best Buy that are brand new but had to be sold like used so they are opened through a special machine that I have seen myself. Keep assuming

2. Again you're overstating the percentage of merchandise that's taken in in horrid condition. If a chain like Transworld Entertainment(FYE, SecondSpin) can have a viable used section by nitpicking what is taken in and what isn't, then so can Gamestop. It's just that their mantra is any product taken in is potential profit. Let our customers be our quality control department. Power to the players....to test out our garbage condition media and consoles we take in.

2. I used to work at GameStop and have seen first hand the amount of trash people bring. That's why I can give you a particular percentage ;). You would be amazed at what refurbishing can do to a shitty console / game. These items can be replenished and sold in good condition. Obviously some things look worse than others but most stuff can be fixed. You make it sound that you know more than the company when it comes to trade-ins. This company has done it years and know how to make money out of "trash."

3. REALLY? That is just.....completely asinine. I wonder how many millions of dollars in shipping fees are paid by GS per year to ship stuff out to their central processing center in TX, rather than just shipping each store the pre-printed anime kids covers(or just letting them print up their own) and getting one of the workers at each store to set up a basic PC and laser printer to print the name of the games on those pre printed covers.

3. Because the disc only games are refurbished since a majority of them require repairs. When the disc only game is prepared in TX, a box is added along with the cover.

4. You would think for a megacorporation like GS that's all about the profits that they would want to save those shipping fees and have their worker bees being kept busy. It's not rocket science to print up a generic cover for a game. But I keep forgetting that GS would rather ingrain their corporate mantra of 'sell sell sell' versus having them do busy work and save the company some money.

4. There are full time corporate people who work in Refurb in TX that travel to stores around the country and analyze all this type of stuff. The shipping costs are not that bad and believe, there is no other way to make it work. You think is that easy, but it is not.

5. I'm impressed. I felt that GS would be more heartless than WM with the bennies. Shocking. I'll also admit that I realized after the fact that that article was way outdated.

5. Stop assuming bad things and learn how it actually is from people like me who used to work there.

6. Again with the generalization that most people are dumb apes that can't handle a disc or game case without mucking it up severely. Like I said, I've seen a ton of complete and mint condition games in GS stores before.

6. Yes, most people do trade shit and dont take care of things. Just think about Netflix, how many Blus and DVDs do you get in flawless condition versus shit condition?

7. I have a backlog as long as both of my arms, so I'm set till the PS4 or maybe even the PS5 for stuff to play. To me I'd rather the manager or underling show some humility and have to swallow their pride in a very public manner versus just buying me off.

7. fuck pride and apologies. $$$ is where is at.

8. I never said I wasn't a hypocrite actually.

8. I like that type of honesty.
[/QUOTE]

bread's done
Back