PlayStation 4 - General Discussion Thread

[quote name='renique46']Yes of course, i mean when i look forward to a console in 2013 i expect it to play and want to play games from a near 15 year old system never mind the fact that i could play those games on about 10 other platforms atm :roll:.[/QUOTE]

Hey there numb nuts, I'm not saying that I want that feature, just that saying it's a hardware compatibility issue is not logical. And if no one wanted to play those old games, would there really be so many of them in the PSN store? Jackass.

[quote name='SynGamer']It's not about the power of the PS4, it's the architecture. The PS3 uses the CELL (IBM) + RSX (nVidia), while the PS4 will use an x86 AMD CPU + APU (ATI). Completely different architectures = VERY hard to support BC. Hence Gaikai :)[/QUOTE]

Now with that change over, I can understand. My comment leans more towards the business trend. Right from the start, different architectures or not, it makes more sense for them to sell the content again. The mortality rate of these systems has been an issue since the change to a disc based media. How many people here can pull a working Nintendo or Genesis from a closet somewhere? Some people were turning PS1's upside down to keep them running a year from launch. PS2 first runs had a very high death rate. The 360's are all ticking time bombs. So the argument of "well, pull out your old system" starts to degrade a bit as the hardware itself does.

[quote name='ShockandAww']There's no price cut coming for the Vita in N America. I don't have much to say about it other than I'm glad I sold mine (yet again). I won't be buying another.[/QUOTE]

If a $50 price cut was all that was standing between you keeping or selling your Vita, then you were too cheap (or poor) to own one in the first place. Seriously, its such a paltry sum of money, it gets tiresome hearing people whine about the price of a Vita.

Let me guess: you bought a Wii U as well? If so, your priorities are pretty whacked. Now THAT is a system that begs for a price cut, given the extremely underpowered tech in it.

[quote name='mykevermin']Oh, console warz...you bring out the most despicable in people.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. It blows my mind that anyone on this site should judge others on what their price point is. Hell, I've debated games over the difference of a dollar before. So $50 is a huge sum of money.

Well apparently your post was deleted but chimp, it had nothing to do with my financial status. The point of me saying that I don't regret selling my Vita was because I feel that without a price drop others won't buy the Vita. If others don't buy the Vita we're never going to get more games for it, which sucks. Regardless, no future games = me not regretting selling my Vita and leaves me with no intention of buying another.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']Hey there numb nuts, I'm not saying that I want that feature, just that saying it's a hardware compatibility issue is not logical. And if no one wanted to play those old games, would there really be so many of them in the PSN store? Jackass.

Now with that change over, I can understand. My comment leans more towards the business trend. Right from the start, different architectures or not, it makes more sense for them to sell the content again. The mortality rate of these systems has been an issue since the change to a disc based media. How many people here can pull a working Nintendo or Genesis from a closet somewhere? Some people were turning PS1's upside down to keep them running a year from launch. PS2 first runs had a very high death rate. The 360's are all ticking time bombs. So the argument of "well, pull out your old system" starts to degrade a bit as the hardware itself does.[/QUOTE]

This is true. My ps2 died just after ps3 launched. Took me tell this year to rebuy one. (Although when i bought my ps3 i was told it was backward compatible and it wasnt lol) thats my main fear going into ps4. Although im also aware its just the name of the game. Im more worried about digital content and how that will translate, once its in the cloud can i at least play the psn games i own already own in my download history?Will the gakai stuff let me put a ps3 game in my ps4, recognize i own it, and live stream it to me? Only time will tell. But, im sure id be willing to rebuy ps3 classics for 10 bucks a piece assuming they became playable on my vita as well. All questions that should be answered e3 up til launch. Sony just needs to get very specific on how the online integration and features and such work before the console launches (unlike the nightmare of the wii-u)

I'm curious to see details regarding the future of PS+ on the PS4. I hope they continue the service as it is, with one $50/year subscription working on all of Sony's platforms-- PS3, Vita, and PS4.

[quote name='Josh1billion']I'm curious to see details regarding the future of PS+ on the PS4. I hope they continue the service as it is, with one $50/year subscription working on all of Sony's platforms-- PS3, Vita, and PS4.[/QUOTE]

Yeah and what about trophies? I think the smartest thing Sony can do is make the PS4 backwards compatible and seemless with PS+

If they do this I'll run out and buy one...but until I know GTA V will be available for the PS4 and whether or not PS+ will be included in some form I'm not really excited to run out and buy one.

I bought a PS3 day one and don't regret it, but with so many great games coming this year (Bioshock, The Last of US, GTA V) I'm leaning right now towards not getting it right away.

[quote name='Abear21']Yeah and what about trophies? I think the smartest thing Sony can do is make the PS4 backwards compatible and seemless with PS+[/QUOTE]Assuming trophies are just stored in a database, it should be fairly easy for them to carry over your trophies to the PS4. The rumor is PS+ is going to be replaced by a new service called Playstation World.

Wow, I'm really late to this discussion.

Quick summary of my impressions from this presentation:

Sony did a pretty good job with this one. I feel they've made a lot of smart decisions about the design of the PS4's hardware, and have chosen some solid level-headed people to guide the PS4's ultimate construction. The much greater attention to developer wants and needs is especially encouraging. The presentation itself was smooth and well-rehearsed. They showed enough to get developers and players excited about their new hardware platform, while still leaving out enough details to make for a meaty E3 press conference.

8/10

[quote name='Woocls']Ok, if you want to play PS3 games why the HELL are you buying a PS4? Shouldn't you just keep playing on your PS3? It's not like having a PS4 makes your PS3 magically disappear... So you'd rather pay for another PS3 inside of your PS4 just so you can play games you can already play?![/QUOTE]

For me I have no more room on my TV stand, nor HDMI inputs on my receiver so I'd have to be rotating consoles around which is a big hassle.

Also, it's nice to be able to sell/trade old consoles to help offset the cost of the new one--of course that's moot if adding BC ups the cost more than you can sell the old console for.

Just playing devils advocate really though. I won't get a new console until I clear out my backlog of current gen games anyway, so BC is pretty much a moot point for me anymore. But some people would prefer to be able to trade/sell their PS3 and get a PS4 to play new games and still be able to play their old games, and it does kind of suck to not have that option.

I would get a PS4 sooner rather than later if it had full BC for PS3 games. I only got a PS3 this past Xmas and have lots of games to play, especially with PS+. I do like the improvements they seem to have made with the PS4, so for that reason I would like it, but I'm also out of HDMI ports and room, and of course there is the cost, which could be offset a bit by trading/selling the PS3. Which I won't want to do because of the lack of BC. But, I suppose it's not that big of a deal. Probably I couldn't afford a PS4 even with selling the PS3: Sony is only "hoping" that they can sell it for less than $600. Ouch.

[quote name='crunchewy']I would get a PS4 sooner rather than later if it had full BC for PS3 games. I only got a PS3 this past Xmas and have lots of games to play, especially with PS+. I do like the improvements they seem to have made with the PS4, so for that reason I would like it, but I'm also out of HDMI ports and room, and of course there is the cost, which could be offset a bit by trading/selling the PS3. Which I won't want to do because of the lack of BC. But, I suppose it's not that big of a deal. Probably I couldn't afford a PS4 even with selling the PS3: Sony is only "hoping" that they can sell it for less than $600. Ouch.[/QUOTE]

More or less the same here. I've had the PS3 longer (a little over a year), and haven't really used it that much (think I've only completed 3 games) so I've got a good 15-20 games across discs and PS+ freebies to get around to before even thinking about another console. And also have 4-5 things on 360 (which I've had for six years) to finish off/get around to.

With no BC, there's no chance of me getting a PS3 anytime soon. If MS has BC on the next X-box (and allows transfer of XBLA games), then I'm much more likely to pick that up sooner than later if there's something I really want to play right away like a new Gears game etc.

That's bad news for Sony in terms of getting my business and I'm 99% sure I'll only go with one console next gen as I was happier when I only had the 360 for most of this generation as I didn't feel so overwhelmed trying to keep up with games that interested me. I hate having a backlog as gaming starts to feel like a chore with just wanting to get through a game to move on to the next on the list, or to be ready for a must play game's release date etc.

[quote name='crunchewy']I would get a PS4 sooner rather than later if it had full BC for PS3 games. I only got a PS3 this past Xmas and have lots of games to play, especially with PS+. I do like the improvements they seem to have made with the PS4, so for that reason I would like it, but I'm also out of HDMI ports and room, and of course there is the cost, which could be offset a bit by trading/selling the PS3. Which I won't want to do because of the lack of BC. But, I suppose it's not that big of a deal. Probably I couldn't afford a PS4 even with selling the PS3: Sony is only "hoping" that they can sell it for less than $600. Ouch.[/QUOTE]
But the "offset" cost doesn't really work because they'd have to raise the cost of your PS4 to include a PS3 inside of it.

I'm still hoping they'll use Gaikai to their advantage here. I put in a PS3 game in my PS4, and it allows me to play it through Gaikai free of charge (requiring the disc as a key of sorts).

[quote name='Woocls']But the "offset" cost doesn't really work because they'd have to raise the cost of your PS4 to include a PS3 inside of it.[/QUOTE]

But the odds are that the added cost would be less than you could sell a PS3 for on Craigslist.

If not your point stands. But I'd still never have two generations of consoles from the same company hooked up as my home theater set up is already too crowded and out of HDMI ports etc.

From here on out I'll be one (if any) consoles so not being BC kills any chances of me ever buying another console at launch since I always lag behind as I don't have the time or interest to keep up with AAA games as they come out.

Thus companies miss out on me paying launch prices for consoles, $60 for new games as I'm lagging behind and buying systems and games after price drops. Where as if there's BC I'll get the new console sooner to play some big AAA game I'm dying to play while still finishing my last gen games, and thus they'd end up getting more money from me due to me buying the console sooner (fewer price drops before purchase) and buying more full price games due to having the system and picking up games at launch.

[quote name='smartbombUK']You can bet your ass this will produce a small number of 'pro-gamers' who will charge people to grind their XP or defeat certain bosses or whatnot. And you can also bet that there's fools out there who will pay them too.

Im 30 now and have a 1 year old lad. A feeling that Im too old for the next round of sitting up til 4am at weekends and the fits of gamer rage at something that is proving difficult combined with my lad now getting a sense of aventure and his surroundings and not just sleeping all the time has lead me to the decision to bow out. Has to come a time for everyone eventually, this is mine I feel.[/QUOTE]

Your avatar pic is giving the "are you serious" look...

Its somewhat happened to me as well, but I had been through that cycle before. Economy, and mainly too many other hobbies to keep getting excited for the new consoles. I have games on my laptop with Steam and a backlog of years. So I am set for a good couple years into the new life cycle at a bare minimum.

[quote name='Vinny']PSN purchases will not carry over to the PS4.

Not sure if this has been posted but this just adds salt to the no BC wound.[/QUOTE]
This is actually surprising news considering they just talked about how Gaikai will stream old games on PS4. Why wouldn't they allow PSN purchases to be accessed in that way? Doesn't affect me at all since I don't buy digital (now people might finally see why. . .) and admittedly I haven't used my PS3 to play any PS1/2 games even though I bought one that could.

That is a huge blow to the store business-wise because people might shop smarter knowing that purchases now won't be accessible on future hardware.[quote name='Indiana']Friends playing the hard part for you is the dumbest feature. Maybe there will be gaming pros that you can pay! LOL[/QUOTE]I fully expect a Geek Squad gaming division to offer this service lol. At least Sony is taking the initiative to make services like this more safe for gamers, instead of giving out your info.

[quote name='Jodou']Doesn't affect me at all since I don't buy digital (now people might finally see why. . .) ...
[/QUOTE]

That concern never really bothered me as I almost never have a desire to replay a game. Games just don't have the replay value of movies, music etc. for me. Once I beat a game, I'm usually done with it for good.

So the only factor I weigh when it comes to buying a digital game is whether I think the price is worth the experience of playing it once.

Disc games are the same thought process, other than dusting price downward based on what I think I'll get back selling the game after beating it. So I'm willing to pay a bit more for disc games than download games since I can recoup the cost.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Playstation 4 will not support the DualShock 3.[/QUOTE]

Ah well... This isn't surprising, but it would have been nice. It is pretty cool that my Move Controllers will still work on the PS4. I also just noticed that the DS4 did away with the start and select buttons.

[quote name='dmaul1114']But the odds are that the added cost would be less than you could sell a PS3 for on Craigslist.

If not your point stands. But I'd still never have two generations of consoles from the same company hooked up as my home theater set up is already too crowded and out of HDMI ports etc.

From here on out I'll be one (if any) consoles so not being BC kills any chances of me every buying another console at launch since I always lag behind as I don't have the time or interest to keep up with AAA games as they come out.

Thus companies miss out on me paying launch prices for consoles, $60 for new games as I'm lagging behind and buying systms and games after price drops. Where as if there's BC I'll get the new console sooner to play some big AAA game I'm dying got play and thus they end up getting more money from me due to me buying the console sooner (fewer price drops) and buying more full price games due to having the system.[/QUOTE]

*Shrugs* I have a Top Loading NES, SNES Mini, Wii U, PS3, Xbox 360, Roku and Dreamcast currently hooked up to my TV. I'm working on my cable management so I can hook up my Genesis and GameCube. That would probably require me to move one of my wireless printers, but whatevs.

I also ran out of HDMI ports with the inclusion of the Wii U. I purchased a splitter and eventually I hope to get a new receiver with 4 HDMI inputs.

I understand the disappointment about a lack of backwards compatibility (I am too), but it had to be done. Sony listened to their developers and they went with a processor that the developers felt comfortable working with and that made the PS4 incompatible with the PS3. [The Wii U only works with Wii games because Nintendo decided to use the same basic architecture and I've yet to use it.]

I know backwards compatibility is a big deal for early adopters, but a year into it I seriously doubt most of those people will really find a need for it and a year and a half into it I can see there being a big enough library for everyone else.

[quote name='KillerRamen']
*Shrugs* I have a Top Loading NES, SNES Mini, Wii U, PS3, Xbox 360, Roku and Dreamcast currently hooked up to my TV. I'm working on my cable management so I can hook up my Genesis and GameCube. That would probably require me to move one of my wireless printers, but whatevs.

I also ran out of HDMI ports with the inclusion of the Wii U. I purchased a splitter and eventually I hope to get a new receiver with 4 HDMI inputs.
[/QUOTE]

Part of it is just personal preference. I'm older, have a fancy condo, and like a neat, clean look. And game consoles just look tacky due to the weird shapes etc. compared to BR players, DVRs etc. And my girlfriend who I'll probably move in with in the next year or so is even more particular on that stuff. So having a bunch of junk hooked up just isn't an option for us. Maybe it would be if I/we get a bigger place and I can set up a home theater room out of site and not have all that crap in the living room I guess.

For now I have a Bluray player, DirecTV DVR, PS3, 360 and Wii (need to just ditch it as I never touch it) hooked up. The first four eat up the 4 HDMI ports on my surround sound receiver. Wii is just component to the TV.

But I really want to just get down to having the BR player (don't like using a console for movies/streaming--extra wear and tear on more expensive hardware, noisy fans and drives etc.), one console and the DVR again as it looks better on the shelves and is a lot less cable clutter in the back.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Playstation 4 will not support the DualShock 3.[/QUOTE]
Well there goes that theory. Sigh, I really hope they include options for gamers who don't want the fluff. I guess I should be happy they're not forcing a faux tablet on us like Nintendo did. . .

So... all the ps+ stuff we got for free won't carry over huh... interesting Sony... very very interesting choice there... but then idk from the way they described it the other night it sounds like they intend both consoles to coexist for a time. So I guess ill have to keep both hooked up for awhile...

[quote name='dmaul1114']Part of it is just personal preference. I'm older, have a fancy condo, and like a neat, clean look. And game consoles just look tacky due to the weird shapes etc. compared to BR players, DVRs etc. And my girlfriend who I'll probably move in with in the next year or so is even more particular on that stuff. So having a bunch of junk hooked up just isn't an option for us. Maybe it would be if I/we get a bigger place and I can set up a home theater room out of site and not have all that crap in the living room I guess.

For now I have a Bluray player, DirecTV DVR, PS3, 360 and Wii (need to just ditch it as I never touch it) hooked up. The first four eat up the 4 HDMI ports on my surround sound receiver. Wii is just component to the TV.

But I really want to just get down to having the BR player (don't like using a console for movies/streaming--extra wear and tear on more expensive hardware, noisy fans and drives etc.), one console and the DVR again as it looks better on the shelves and is a lot less cable clutter in the back.[/QUOTE]

Same situation here. I recently bought a house with my fiance. Although we have more space then in the condo there just isn't that much room in the entertainment center. I have the 360, PS3, AVR and SAT/DVR. Anymore consoles and things start looking cluttered. The Wii will be going in the office upstairs, unless I sell it or donate it first.

[quote name='ItsJustJessi']They've released more info about it:

youtube. com/watch?v=7OHGmjf4Yx0[/QUOTE]

No they didn't its the same video from the con. last night.

Did they mention whether the PS4 will work with regular remote controls?

Always annoyed me a bit that I couldn't use my harmony remote without buying an adapter. I really didn't use the PS3 much for anything but games since I already had a stand alone BR player long before getting a PS3, but I did use it to stream Amazon for a while (before getting a new BR player with apps) as I had problems with the 360 Amazon app, and it was annoying having to use the controller and not the remote.

Not a big deal either way, just curious. I always thought it stupid that they pushed Bluray so hard with the PS3 and didn't build in support for IR remotes since most people with home theaters have some type of universal remote to simplify things as it's such a hassle to manually change all the inputs on the tv and receiver etc.

The funny thing is the 360 had such limited BC to start off with and as it stands now it doesn't seem like that big of a deal. It seems like it hurts more in the beginning of a lifecycle but people eventually move on. I guess the bigger issue is the digital content that can't be preserved...however I wouldn't be surprised if the streaming thing works out to some extent. It already feels as if gaming is becoming a service rather than a physical thing.

They haven't commented at all on region-locking yet, have they? I'm assuming the PS4 will remain region-free like the PS3 and Vita. If that's the case, I hope they allow us to purchase digital imports with U.S. credit cards.

[quote name='jkam']The funny thing is the 360 had such limited BC to start off with and as it stands now it doesn't seem like that big of a deal. It seems like it hurts more in the beginning of a lifecycle but people eventually move on. [/QUOTE]

Yeah, for most people it's moot once they've caught up on their last gen back log.

Just probably costs them some money from people who don't buy after a price drop or two as they want to finish their current gen stuff first. Where some would probably just trade the old console in and play that backlog on the new machine if it had BC, while also buying some new games at $60.

[quote name='Thrinn']I'm very worried that Sony & MS could run into the same lukewarm reception that the Wii U is currently enduring. The fact that the Wii U offers backwards compatibility for Wii titles hasn't seemed to have helped their sales though.[/QUOTE]

Maybe because Wii games are mostly crappy.

[quote name='ShockandAww']
To clarify the above: The point of me saying that I don't regret selling my Vita was because I feel that without a price drop others won't buy the Vita. If others don't buy the Vita we're never going to get more games for it, which sucks. No future games = me not regretting selling my Vita and leaves me with no intention of buying another.[/QUOTE]

I'll be enjoying Soul Sacrifice and Tearaway. Plus more playthroughs of P4.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Yeah, for most people it's moot once they've caught up on their last gen back log.

Just probably costs them some money from people who don't buy after a price drop or two as they want to finish their current gen stuff first. Where some would probably just trade the old console in and play that backlog on the new machine if it had BC, while also buying some new games at $60.[/QUOTE]
Let's be honest here... how many people fighting the backlog monster are actually buying games at $60???

I just realized something... a new playstation that can't play old PS3 games (in the traditional sense) might be a bit of a kiss of death for Dust 514. Seems like a bit of a waste to spend so much time creating a long-term online shooter only to have it marginalized by a new system months after launch.

Seems pointless to get all worked up about BC and psn purchases until Sony releases the details of Gakai and so forth. Save the arguments until after E3 when we actually know something.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Part of it is just personal preference. I'm older, have a fancy condo, and like a neat, clean look. And game consoles just look tacky due to the weird shapes etc. compared to BR players, DVRs etc. And my girlfriend who I'll probably move in with in the next year or so is even more particular on that stuff. So having a bunch of junk hooked up just isn't an option for us. Maybe it would be if I/we get a bigger place and I can set up a home theater room out of site and not have all that crap in the living room I guess.

But I really want to just get down to having the BR player (don't like using a console for movies/streaming--extra wear and tear on more expensive hardware, noisy fans and drives etc.), one console and the DVR again as it looks better on the shelves and is a lot less cable clutter in the back.[/QUOTE]

I can see that. It's taken me quite a while to get all of my cables organized and I'm still not done. The number of velcro ties I'm using is just ridiculous, but it does look quite neat. I've already set an HDMI cable aside for my OUYA, so at least I won't have to redo anything for a while. I've also found that those one foot extension cables to be a life saver. They're so much nicer to use for those stupid power blocks.

Im super hyped for PS4.. i can get a guess at the color palete of the system from the controller which i think looks really good(i want it in my hands now)) I know our ps store purchases will stay on the psn history since it shows on my vita all quick. So im guessing we will still have our psn games that we bought.

Now i just need to start saving some mula..Good show by Sony , they're playing it smart by not fully unloading all details. I can imagine using the controller's touchpad to shoot with precision on fifa/nhl when you are wide open and not rushed to use analog shot. Love it.

[quote name='iamsmart']I just realized something... a new playstation that can't play old PS3 games (in the traditional sense) might be a bit of a kiss of death for Dust 514. Seems like a bit of a waste to spend so much time creating a long-term online shooter only to have it marginalized by a new system months after launch.[/QUOTE]
You act like the PS3 is going to die when the PS4 is going to be released. Production for the PS2 didn't end until a month or so ago. The PS3 is still above $200, it will have a long life ahead of it, maybe even longer than the PS2.

[quote name='kill3r7']Fair enough however in your example you own a physical copy of the software or have access to a digital copy (in theory for "perpetuity"). The problem with PSN games is that once Sony/M$ decide to stop support for the PS3 and shut down the servers we are SOL. What happens a few years down the road when I need to redownload one of these PSN games? Will Sony/M$ continue to support these products? In other words will we have access to their product over the next 10 or 20 years.

I want to know this before I continue to buy PSN or Xbla games.[/QUOTE]
I imagine they will work it like the PSP's store system. You log on and have the same download list, but anything for PS3 is greyed out and not downloadable. So I would imagine you would have the same account, the same download list, but PS4 items would be not-selectable when logging onto your account with your PS3 and vice versa.

Probably don't want to support the dual shock 3 to force people to buy the (what is sure to be) HIDEOUSLY expensive controllers, as you could still use the DS3 to play the theoretical gatakai streamed PS1, PS2, and PS3 games. Aren't there going to be problems on games that use a select and start button?

So I am not sure what has been said about used games in this thread but I guess it is not an open and shut case like some have thought. Looks like used games will be playable on the PS4 but that Sony is still in the process of implementing things to maybe make money from it. Read this article for those interested. Here is the Updated statement from Sony to Game Informer.

"Update: This is the statement Sony gave Game Informer, in a story also released today:

“We are just now announcing the basic vision and strategy of PS4 and will have more information to share regarding used games later this year. But PlayStation has a long history of keeping its gamers happy and we won’t make decisions that damage our relationship with them.”

http://penny-arcade.com/report/edit...l-be-best-friends-with-used-games-not-so-fast

[quote name='spatenfloot']I'll be enjoying Soul Sacrifice and Tearaway. Plus more playthroughs of P4.[/QUOTE]

As will i. Seriously reminds me of those morons that were trying to unload vitas about 2 months after the thing was out cause they werent getting 50 AAA titles and were to lazy to look at a release schedule to see if the games coming out in the future interest them or not.

[quote name='cancerman1120']So I am not sure what has been said about used games in this thread but I guess it is not an open and shut case like some have thought. Looks like used games will be playable on the PS4 but that Sony is still in the process of implementing things to maybe make money from it. Read this article for those interested. Here is the Updated statement from Sony to Game Informer.

"Update: This is the statement Sony gave Game Informer, in a story also released today:

“We are just now announcing the basic vision and strategy of PS4 and will have more information to share regarding used games later this year. But PlayStation has a long history of keeping its gamers happy and we won’t make decisions that damage our relationship with them.”

http://penny-arcade.com/report/edit...l-be-best-friends-with-used-games-not-so-fast[/QUOTE]

I can see them going beyond the
unfortunately standard
online pass

[quote name='Woocls']Let's be honest here... how many people fighting the backlog monster are actually buying games at $60???[/QUOTE]

Fair point in the large scale. Though I still do as there are things like gears, mass effect etc that I want to play day one and will drop everything else to play right away. Most of my backlog is stuff I just got on the cheap that I'm not super excited to play. Largely ps3 stuff I got cheap when locked out of my live account for months last fall/winter when it got hacked and migrated to Russia. Some are things I definitely want to play (Uncharted 2 and 3 as I loved the first, Killzone 2 and 3 as I love shooters), others are things like Infamous and some PS+ freebies that I may never get around to.

I'll stick with my one console only and only buying games to play immediately plan next go around. I was a happier gamer the couple years I did that this gen vs. now where I have a backlog of stuff I'm mostly lukewarm on playing. So next gen I'll be buying fewer games overall, but likely buying more $60 games once I get caught up.

[quote name='KillerRamen']I can see that. It's taken me quite a while to get all of my cables organized and I'm still not done. The number of velcro ties I'm using is just ridiculous, but it does look quite neat. I've already set an HDMI cable aside for my OUYA, so at least I won't have to redo anything for a while. I've also found that those one foot extension cables to be a life saver. They're so much nicer to use for those stupid power blocks.[/QUOTE]

It's not so much the cables as it is consoles looking crappy all cluttered up on the TV stand shelves since it's in the living room. Cables aren't as bad now since most things are just power cord and hdmi cable to the receiver.

If consoles didn't run so damn hot I'd get an enclosed stand where I could just keep doors shut.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Woocls']Let's be honest here... how many people fighting the backlog monster are actually buying games at $60???[/QUOTE]

You make a good point. I made an exception when the 360 came out and purchased several because there were so few discounts. However for the most part being a CAG means buying lots of games for less and not paying full price. The hardest part is when the PS4 / Xbox Next release seeing all those new shiny games and delaying that first purchase.

bread's done
Back