PlayStation 4 - General Discussion Thread

According to the mejer ad there might be another PS4 bundle for this holiday season. The other bundle will include lego batman 3 and Littlebigplanet 3 for $399 and is called the family bundle.
Thats actually a good bundle, two "new" games thats great for the whole family.

because they were so aggressive with price at launch. i figured they would at least have a bundle at 350 to included a org launch title.
again why? SSO bundle is sold out and seems like they are not doing any others... Sounds like they are definitely doing a GTA bundle from the rumors... throw in we still don't know what everyone is doing for black Friday and they are just fine.

Every time someone has said that a certain bundle was going to get MS back in it and win them a month of sales, PS4 still sells through.

again why? SSO bundle is sold out and seems like they are not doing any others... Sounds like they are definitely doing a GTA bundle from the rumors... throw in we still don't know what everyone is doing for black Friday and they are just fine.

Every time someone has said that a certain bundle was going to get MS back in it and win them a month of sales, PS4 still sells through.
sso is not only bundle ms has cod bundle AC unity + ac 4 bundle. but i was just stating opinion no need to jump on me for giving my opinion like you guys always do.

sso is not only bundle ms has cod bundle AC unity + ac 4 bundle. but i was just stating opinion no need to jump on me for giving my opinion like you guys always do.
except I was talking about the SSO bundle, they are not going to make any more of those bundles.. I was stating facts, not jumping on you

So I tried to do SharePlay for the first time with a friend today and it wouldn't connect. It said the connection was too low. Just not sure if that's on my end or his. We tried it both ways.

I used the YouTube app for the first time today and I'm really digging it. Also before work I was playing The Evil Within, when I left for work I put Netflix on for my wife and children. After getting off work, it was still on Netflix so I went to start The Evil Within and it was right where I paused it. I thought before that didn't work, and it'd exit the game to use Netflix. Is this something new? Or has it always been that way?

im officially addicted to the binding of isaac: rebirth
Me2, it's got that.. "just one more game" addictive itch to it. I just wish there was a way to keep the killer upgrades, I had poison tears then added tears that splat and was rolling.. then made a couple mistakes and done.. Great game, too bad it's just a "crap indie title."

So I tried to do SharePlay for the first time with a friend today and it wouldn't connect. It said the connection was too low. Just not sure if that's on my end or his. We tried it both ways.

I used the YouTube app for the first time today and I'm really digging it. Also before work I was playing The Evil Within, when I left for work I put Netflix on for my wife and children. After getting off work, it was still on Netflix so I went to start The Evil Within and it was right where I paused it. I thought before that didn't work, and it'd exit the game to use Netflix. Is this something new? Or has it always been that way?
You need to have a least 5mb up for shareplay to work, so check that out. As for netflix, its suspends when you're playing a game, Im not sure if its always been like that since I got my ps4 when Destiny came out.

You need to have a least 5mb up for shareplay to work, so check that out. As for netflix, its suspends when you're playing a game, Im not sure if its always been like that since I got my ps4 when Destiny came out.
It's always been that way, I remember using it at launch.

I'd honestly be shocked as well if Sony sticks to the $399 price point. North America has been Microsoft's strongest market and Sony's weakest. Sure they're outselling them like crazy right now, but that's still no reason for complacency.

I'd honestly be shocked as well if Sony sticks to the $399 price point. North America has been Microsoft's strongest market and Sony's weakest. Sure they're outselling them like crazy right now, but that's still no reason for complacency.
I don't think they have too. Microsoft is at the $349 price because even with a $400 two game bundle last month it was still not outselling Sony one game Destiny bundle at $450. You have to wonder what Microsoft is going to do next if or when Sony outsell them again for this holiday season. Down to $300?

I don't think they have too. Microsoft is at the $349 price because even with a $400 two game bundle last month it was still not outselling Sony one game Destiny bundle at $450. You have to wonder what Microsoft is going to do next if or when Sony outsell them again for this holiday season. Down to $300?
someone finally gets it... not to mention we already know they are bundling in GTA V for free at $400

Me2, it's got that.. "just one more game" addictive itch to it. I just wish there was a way to keep the killer upgrades, I had poison tears then added tears that splat and was rolling.. then made a couple mistakes and done.. Great game, too bad it's just a "crap indie title."
i had one run where my tears were massive, with good range and splash damage. i felt like a crying GOD. hahaha. this game is going to be a very hard and long platinum for sure.

i can def see the $300 price next year for xbox one if microsoft does not gain any traction in sales # against sony.

If the Xbox One had an actual price drop Sony might do something, but two months from now the Xbox One will be $400 to $500 again. Microsoft might outsell Sony these two months, but after that the sales could go back to the similar pace. The Xbox One sale price is too brief to force a counter. For Sony, I think the worse that might happen is the sales gap lessens by 1 to 1.5 million consoles.

Also, Microsoft's numbers might end up lower for the first few months next year. If I had plans to buy an Xbox One one at that time I would just buy it now to get $50 off one of the bundles. It's possible the sale won't lead to lead to a huge spike in extra sales, but just cause people who would have bought an Xbox One next year to buy it earlier.

Man this forum is crawling. This "Xbox One Price" discussion has gotten this thread one post every day and nothing else.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to go digital as well with GTA but Best Buy makes that impossible with GCU. LittleBigPlanet is another one that I want digital but I need that day one sackboy edition haha

I think Im going to pre-order GTAV digitally, anybody think they'll be issues like there was for the digital copy on the PS3?
nFSebim.gif

#Welcome2TheDigitalFuture

I would like to go digital as well with GTA but Best Buy makes that impossible with GCU. LittleBigPlanet is another one that I want digital but I need that day one sackboy edition haha
True, but it helps that I got a bunch of PSN credit for half off at GS earlier in the year. :D

#Welcome2TheDigitalFuture
I bought a few games digitally recently and I've seen the light lol

I made out pretty good credit wise thanks to GS but I sold most of it off for cash.

And Im not sure if its been mentioned already, but COD has blocked shareplay. I wonder if it will be like that for most of the AAA games coming out.

I made out pretty good credit wise thanks to GS but I sold most of it off for cash.

And Im not sure if its been mentioned already, but COD has blocked shareplay. I wonder if it will be like that for most of the AAA games coming out.
Probably just Activison being themselves. They did say it could be patched in and they did it because SharePlay was a new feature.

Well, if the Xbox One does stay in the $350 to $450 range then, yeah, Sony probably will do something to counter the price drop.

I was just believing Microsoft when they said these will be special prices for the next two months. I suppose it's possible they lied about that to spur sales.

True, but it helps that I got a bunch of PSN credit for half off at GS earlier in the year. :D

I bought a few games digitally recently and I've seen the light lol
Digital is awesome if you don't mind not having any resale value. Not that games ever made great investments to begin with. I wish we could just copy the disc to the drive though. I think I might just go digital for stuff I know I will get $60 value out of and physical for stuff I'll probably sell after diminishing like uncharted 4

Digital is awesome if you don't mind not having any resale value. Not that games ever made great investments to begin with. I wish we could just copy the disc to the drive though. I think I might just go digital for stuff I know I will get $60 value out of and physical for stuff I'll probably sell after diminishing like uncharted 4
I mostly want to go digital for MP games I know I'll play the fuck out of. SP only games I probably wont do unless I get an amazing deal. I got TLOU, BF4, and PVZ digital so far and I love being able to jump into a match without having to get up and swap disks.

I hope so since the feature is pretty cool and useful if you have good internet, but I can see some major pubs shying away from it.
I dont think so, but you never know.

The Xbox one deals are insane, Kohl's just had that deal where you could get a vanilla Xbox One for $280, and there are tons of the bundles on sale for like $330 on black Friday.  We'll see if the PS4 still maintains the sales lead, but based on things like Amazon and what I have seen at a couple of local retailers, I think the momentum is switching in Microsoft's favor.  I also see no way can they go back to the $399 price point in January, though that's what was said back when they were blowing out Titanfall bundles and they did so we shall see.

The Xbox one deals are insane, Kohl's just had that deal where you could get a vanilla Xbox One for $280, and there are tons of the bundles on sale for like $330 on black Friday. We'll see if the PS4 still maintains the sales lead, but based on things like Amazon and what I have seen at a couple of local retailers, I think the momentum is switching in Microsoft's favor. I also see no way can they go back to the $399 price point in January, though that's what was said back when they were blowing out Titanfall bundles and they did so we shall see.
I see MS gaining some major ground over the Holidays, their deals have been incredible, but considering how they completely dominated here last gen Sony has to be happy with how things have gone for them so far IMO. I think it will always be neck n' neck in the US with MS maybe even pulling ahead at some point. They will never catch them WW though, Sony will slaughter them still.

^ I think the UK is still up for grabs too, I agree with what you're saying though. I personally cannot wait to see how things shape up numbers wise in the next few months. MS went all in and I believe it will pay off for them in the end. I think its good for fans of both consoles since Sony wont just sit back in auto pilot now.

There's also a new FW update out.

I got it on GCU, but might return it, have Rogue coming from GameFly and it appears to be the better game.
When you factor in the $10 certificate you get for pre-ordering you can basically get it as a free rental for a couple of weeks with the $44 trade in value, thats my plan. Its a shame that they're so many technical issues (bad frame Rate, pop In). Im worried for Far Cry 4. :(

When you factor in the $10 certificate you get for pre-ordering you can basically get it as a free rental for a couple of weeks with the $44 trade in value, thats my plan. Its a shame that they're so many technical issues (bad frame Rate, pop In). Im worried for Far Cry 4. :(
On top of the technical issues, the game apparently takes a big step back in the varied missions and is said to be boring, also the game is riddled with microtransactions.

Digital Foundry Has said that the Xbox One version is outperforming the PS4 version despite them looking exactly the same. Those parity comments are starting to look more realistic.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-assassins-creed-unity-performance-analysis

Assassin's Creed Unity falls short of the performance standard set by last year's Black Flag, featuring considerably more variable frame-rates under load on both consoles.
Given the immense graphical upgrade on offer, this isn't so surprising, but what comes as a bit of a shock is that the Xbox One version frequently out-performs the PS4 game in more detail-rich areas, such as locations littered with NPCs in the packed Parisian streets.

Quite why PS4 isn't rendering at a higher resolution is certainly a bit of a puzzler - in addition to GPU resources, it is worth bearing in mind that memory could be a factor too, especially bearing in mind the complexity of Assassin's Creed Unity's next-gen renderer.

What do you guys expect from a game that is put out every 12 months?

The series is being milked above and beyond just about everything else. At least we go in expecting COD and Madden to suck most years (I still find them enjoyable for what they are). IMO most AC games should just be $20 DLC add-ons from the previous installments and a new stand alone should be dropped every 2-3 years.

EDIT: What did I get in the latest firmware update? I noticed YouTube is available... i'm still eagerly waiting for remote support and HBO GO

Don't see the correlation...
How many annuals surpass expectations and bring a new experience each time they're released?

Then ask yourself how many annuals get released where people bitch about one aspect or another and regret their purchase with some sort of claim like "last time I buy "X" on release"?

Digital Foundry Has said that the Xbox One version is outperforming the PS4 version despite them looking exactly the same. Those parity comments are starting to look more realistic.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-assassins-creed-unity-performance-analysis

Assassin's Creed Unity falls short of the performance standard set by last year's Black Flag, featuring considerably more variable frame-rates under load on both consoles.
Given the immense graphical upgrade on offer, this isn't so surprising, but what comes as a bit of a shock is that the Xbox One version frequently out-performs the PS4 game in more detail-rich areas, such as locations littered with NPCs in the packed Parisian streets.

Quite why PS4 isn't rendering at a higher resolution is certainly a bit of a puzzler - in addition to GPU resources, it is worth bearing in mind that memory could be a factor too, especially bearing in mind the complexity of Assassin's Creed Unity's next-gen renderer.
The game runs terrible on both but for it to run slightly worse on the PS4 is laughable. Ubisoft did a terrible job here and should be ashamed. I wont even buy this junk used.

bread's done
Back