PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

Just got an email today July 23rd a few hours ago that they are preparing my launch edition for shipment. I'm assuming the Estimated delivery date Dec 31st is just a place holder. 

So are these things really ready to be shipped out and we're just waiting on sony to give the go ahead? The order was shipped a few hours later the last time I got one of these notices on an order . I think this means that they are ready to be shipped and we're just waiting for a release date.

Wondering why amazon sent me this. I have no problem waiting and would actually prefer for it to launch in Q4 this year well after GTA V.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got an email today July 23rd a few hours ago that they are preparing my launch edition for shipment. I'm assuming the Estimated delivery date Dec 31st is just a place holder.

So are these things really ready to be shipped out and we're just waiting on sony to give the go ahead?
They could pull a Sega Saturn :D

Is there a limit on launch day pre-order bundles like could I order a Battlefield 4 bundle and a Killzone bundle? I don't want to order another and have them get cancelled.

my guess is we will be seeing alot of these emails before system is launched. my guess is they over sold the launch day systems and re doing it to reflect that on ordrs which is why these emails went out.

I got an email too (for the launch edition) saying Dec. 31.  Considering that Sony hasn't announced the exact launch date for the PS4, I think it is just a placeholder.

So strange that they used the language "preparing it for shipment".  Yeah, OK, right ;).

I actually forgot I had one there.  I should probably cancel it since I'm getting mine at Gamestop (already have it plus an extra controller paid off).  But I guess I'll keep the Amazon order around until I can be more sure that I will actually get a launch system at Gamestop.  I was one of the first 3 or 4 preorders there, but still, you never know.  When we're about 1-2 weeks from release I'll check with the guys at my store just to make sure I'm getting one even if I don't line up before opening (which I will not be doing).

[quote name="io" post="10932092" timestamp="1374648930"]
So strange that they used the language "preparing it for shipment". Yeah, OK, right ;).

I actually forgot I had one there. I should probably cancel it since I'm getting mine at Gamestop (already have it plus an extra controller paid off). But I guess I'll keep the Amazon order around until I can be more sure that I will actually get a launch system at Gamestop. I was one of the first 3 or 4 preorders there, but still, you never know. When we're about 1-2 weeks from release I'll check with the guys at my store just to make sure I'm getting one even if I don't line up before opening (which I will not be doing).[/quote]

Please cancel yours on amazon so I can get a launch day :p

also since watch dog has been promoted so heavily, price wont hold value for long. as their be a lot copy's going around, price will drop quick. even if value holds, am going assume it be around $40 used. not sure new thu,  since you can go too any store get it easier.

Does this really have a launch date of December 31st? A friend said he got an email from amazon saying that was the release date. If that's true, that seems like a big mistake, but then Dec 31 is usually a placeholder date, so maybe the email is just in error?

Does this really have a launch date of December 31st? A friend said he got an email from amazon saying that was the release date. If that's true, that seems like a big mistake, but then Dec 31 is usually a placeholder date, so maybe the email is just in error?
Placeholder date. No launch date announced. I'm sure they'll announce a date before the launch of the X1 though. Some rumors even put the launch as early as late Oct.

No, they would probably give you $30 max. Your best bet would be to sell it on eBay or Amazon (or to some nice CAG :D ) if you don't want it.

On topic, I'm glad I got my Watch Dog bundle preordered from Amazon but I'm kind of regretting do the free shipping since it'll take longer...
Why not sign up for a free trial of amazon prime 2 weeks before release then you'll get it when prime members get it

I got that email. The best I can tell is that this was done to confirm launch editions for people who ordered early without that label. Mine now says "launch edition" which it didn't before.

(Posted this in the xbox pre-order thread too)

Didn't feel it needed it's own thread but I got an email from BB.

In-store RZ shopping event this Sunday. Place pre-order for Xbox One/PS4+controller+'select game' and you'll get a $30 in RZ points ~15days after pickup. Not a huge deal but it's something eh?

LINK

Sorry for the double post, but for people go also got a launch day, how does it work to where you get yours release day? Do they leave a few days early? What time does it generally get to you

i got plus till may next year any ways so i will stick with normal non game launch day system

Amazon ran out of those so unless you already pre ordered somewhere else earlier your best bet is Walmart.com

yep economy is going up but yet new jobs that are being made are min wage jobs A adult can't live off of 8 dollers a hour. but this is not a economic website so not sure why you even posted this
I posted it as a response to your off-topic reply which was quoted and just continued proof of your talking out your ass which is probably why you didn't like that I replied to it.

Sorry for the double post, but for people go also got a launch day, how does it work to where you get yours release day? Do they leave a few days early? What time does it generally get to you
it depends most time the carrier leaves for route early more around 6 am depending how busy he is i get my stuff around 12pm too late 5-6 ish pm

if your worried you wont get it same day email amazon saying it was suppose be here X day, they give you credit for your trouble an you get it next day. happen too me before very rare, but it does happen .

pre-ordered mine the night of the e3 conference, haven't received anything after the email confirming it was the launch and not the standard edition

Also got a email from amazon saying the same thing, I pre-ordered mine the night of Sony's E3 conference and paid off for it the same night too. :nottalking:
still no email for me still show 12/31/13 launch edition, could just be a place holder date too be safe. after sony say a official release date, amazon will redo all dates am sure.

I ordered mine shortly after the presale went live on Amazon and I got the January shipping email this morning as well.

I posted it as a response to your off-topic reply which was quoted and just continued proof of your talking out your ass which is probably why you didn't like that I replied to it.
plz tell me how economy is improving when most jobs that are created are at or just above min wage

bread's done
Back