PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

I hope they look at it like that, I guess I just have to wait and see.

Yeah and there are also those who have work and don't feel that getting a day off to get a system/video game is not a priority, hence they should know what a preorder means.
didn't you say you were picking it up on release date?

Usually employees factor in your deposit amount whenever they consider releasing a preorder. Your specific deposited amount should signal to the employee that you are a guarantee to pick it up.
Retail stores will be filled with clueless seasonal employees during the console launches. Good luck with that.

Retail stores will be filled with clueless seasonal employees during the console launches. Good luck with that.
Which is why my in-store preorder at BB is via online.

But as for jr, he preordered his at Gamestop. I'm sure he won't have any issues there as that day every employee will have to know about how to handle preorders for something as huge as the PS4 launch. He'll be fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
I loves me some CAG. Spotted the new about the DualShock 4 bundle becoming available at Amazon and snagged one!  I only just yesterday got paid for completing a side project that was netting me the money I needed for the console, so the timing couldn't have been better.

Seems I become more of a tightwad the older I get, so I'm probably gonna trade in an old iPad to Amazon's trade program for extra credit toward the PS4.

Watch Dogs and Killzone are currently the only launch titles that really interest me, but I've been getting more into indie games on my PC lately and am excited for some of the stuff that's coming, particularly Outlast.

I just ordered the DS4 bundle over at Amazon with a 11/15 delivery. Now I don't feel as a bad that I waited to long to place an order. I don't really need the second DS4, so I'll try and sell it. I already have 200.00 in Amazon credit from Gamestop trade ins, but will wait til the very end to apply.

If any of you have a Meijer nearby that sells Kindles, you can get 10% off Kindle cards through their mperks program (10% off any 1 electronics item coupon). Expires 9/2. My wife works at Meijer, so I get an additional 10% off on top of that. Gonna finish paying off the $280 left on my PS4 by getting a Kindle card worth that, but for ~$227 (They have a card that let's you pick any amount up to $500). I already did this with a $50 card, which I saved $10 on. Combined with about $70 in trade in credit, I'm saving more than $130 on my PS4. Brand spankin' new PS4 for $270 doesn't sound bad at all.

i wonder how many people that preordered, are actually going to go through with the purchaese, or cancel at the last minute.

So I assume all of you who got a second controller is doing so in order to play sports games, can't see any game that would justify a second controller at this point, pretty disappointing. 

i wonder how many people that preordered, are actually going to go through with the purchaese, or cancel at the last minute.
I preordered at Best Buy and I'm on the fence of buying it on launch day. Both next gen systems are kind of 'meh' to me. But I locked in a ps4 preorder over the xbox one way back when the whole drm fiasco was going on with Microsoft.

Seems I become more of a tightwad the older I get, so I'm probably gonna trade in an old iPad to Amazon's trade program for extra credit toward the PS4.
Check Gamestop's price on the model you want to trade because if you can get a hold of a 50% bonus coupon (from a new PUR signup or something like the playcation coupon) you'll likely get far more than Amazon would pay for it, not risk shipping it and be able to transfer that credit to Amazon.

So I assume all of you who got a second controller is doing so in order to play sports games, can't see any game that would justify a second controller at this point, pretty disappointing.
I'm thinking about getting Skylanders Swapforce for PS4 if I keep the second controller bundle since there are not a whole lot of worthwhile uses for it otherwise.

my ps4 is paid off. so I'm not switching that and I'm currently working on paying off my X1.

my ps4 is paid off. so I'm not switching that and I'm currently working on paying off my X1.
Surprises me that some people are buying both systems at launch. Dropping almost a grand on systems, and that's without even having one game bought to play. I have the PS4 pre-ordered, but there's no way I would ever buy a launch Microsoft system. The 360 was a nightmare for several years and they refused to fix the issues. I think I burned through 5 or 6 systems that failed. Never again.

I might cancel. It's not that the console is expensive, but it would be difficult to find cheap sub $20 games for it. And once you have the console, you are tempted to buy something for it to play. Which in turn eats away your time to clean up your PS3/360/PC backlog.

I have a launch preordered at amazon but I am 99% sure I will cancel before it ship mainly because I am not interested in any of the launch titles and will just wait for a limited edition console (FF XV?) and import that instead.  

Surprises me that some people are buying both systems at launch. Dropping almost a grand on systems, and that's without even having one game bought to play. I have the PS4 pre-ordered, but there's no way I would ever buy a launch Microsoft system. The 360 was a nightmare for several years and they refused to fix the issues. I think I burned through 5 or 6 systems that failed. Never again.
Any true multi-platform gamer who can afford it will buy both. Nothing beats launch of a new system if your a gamer.

sure. 360 launch systems did cause havok for some people.. but microsoft delivered with their warranty. Don't regret purchase one bit and hoping they have learned from that experience.

Plus there's always the extended warranties.

Any true multi-platform gamer who can afford it will buy both. Nothing beats launch of a new system if your a gamer.

sure. 360 launch systems did cause havok for some people.. but microsoft delivered with their warranty. Don't regret purchase one bit and hoping they have learned from that experience.

I'll wait for MS to prove that the XBone is reliable. I can afford both, but makes no sense to buy 2 systems with hardly any games I'm even interested in buying. Sending systems in to their repair center and being w/o a system for 2 weeks a pop wasn't cool, especially multiple times. The games launching for both systems are mainly uninteresting or just slightly better graphically than games that will be out for PS3/360. The new Killzone is probably the only game I'm interested in for either system.

I am dropping nowhere near the amount.

Out of pocket on the PS4 was $250. ( Which paid it off)

On the X1 I only have $100 down so far I'm $45 out on that one.

If it was all out of pocket I wouldn't be getting both at launch. Pretty much getting my PS4 paid me off decided it for me that could afford to get both.

Also the quote below sums me up.

Yup. I'm going to get the Square Trade warranties with the 30%/40% offers I always get to my emails.

I am a gamer, and love all games. Both games have something I will play at launch. X1 has Killer Instincts, and Watchdogs. PS4 has Ghosts, and a couple indie titles I might check out.

It wasn't just launch systems. MS failed to do anything about it and continued to produce flawed systems for a few years. Only reason MS extended the warranty was threat of a class action lawsuit. They basically suck as a company.

Good point about GameStop trade bonuses. I may be able to get an extra trade credit coupon from my PUR account. I think I've only ever cashed out points one time. Taking the iPad in to them would be a lot less hassle for sure. How would I go about transferring a GS credit to Amazon, though? Just buy stuff at GS and trade it to Amazon? Seems like a pain.

In the end, I may still send the iPad to Amazon and take whatever bonus credit I can get at GameStop by trading in my old fat 80GB PS3. I just need to finish The Last Of Us first.

As for whether I'm actually going to use the second controller of my PS4 bundle: I honestly only preordered that bundle because it was all Amazon had at this late date. But I figure it'll be useful to have a second DualShock always charged up and ready in case the one I'm using runs out of juice. With my 360 controllers I just swap for a new set of rechargeable AAs. I'm going to miss that.

Good point about GameStop trade bonuses. I may be able to get an extra trade credit coupon from my PUR account. I think I've only ever cashed out points one time. Taking the iPad in to them would be a lot less hassle for sure. How would I go about transferring a GS credit to Amazon, though? Just buy stuff at GS and trade it to Amazon? Seems like a pain.

In the end, I may still send the iPad to Amazon and take whatever bonus credit I can get at GameStop by trading in my old fat 80GB PS3. I just need to finish The Last Of Us first.

As for whether I'm actually going to use the second controller of my PS4 bundle: I honestly only preordered that bundle because it was all Amazon had at this late date. But I figure it'll be useful to have a second DualShock always charged up and ready in case the one I'm using runs out of juice. With my 360 controllers I just swap for a new set of rechargeable AAs. I'm going to miss that.
They sell Kindle branded gift cards that are just normal Amazon credit and can be bought with store credit. If you can get the playcation coupon or the renewal coupon that works on your whole trade if you do the iPad and PS3 together.

They sell Kindle branded gift cards that are just normal Amazon credit and can be bought with store credit. If you can get the playcation coupon or the renewal coupon that works on your whole trade if you do the iPad and PS3 together.
Perfect. Thank you! I didn't realize the Playcation coupon was good for the whole trade. As it turns out, I went through my game stack and found that I actually have a Playcation coupon from something I bought at GS in late July. I thought it had expired already, but apparently it's good for another week or so. I'm gonna take the whole kit 'n' kaboodle over there. Score!

Just make sure to finish The Last of Us first since it's entirely worth finishing.
Absolutely. I'll stay up all night if I have to. Most riveting game I've played on the PS3. This afternoon I reached the "Fall" chapter, right after the
unfortunate suicide-by-handgun that made me jump.
This game is so beautiful and yet so bleak at the same time, and I love it.

I hope some sort of streaming backcompat (or PS4 port) of TLOU becomes available in a few years' time, as this is definitely one that I can see wanting to play again.

Absolutely. I'll stay up all night if I have to. Most riveting game I've played on the PS3. This afternoon I reached the "Fall" chapter, right after the unfortunate
suicide-by-handgun
that made me jump. This game is so beautiful and yet so bleak at the same time, and I love it.

I hope some sort of streaming backcompat (or PS4 port) of TLOU becomes available in a few years' time, as this is definitely one that I can see wanting to play again.
Yeah, you're in the best portion of the game now in my opinion. I would go back and add a spoiler tag though since that's a big moment and don't want people yelling at you.

this is my main concern with next gen consoles, whether it be xbone, or ps4. the potential of another ylod, or rrod type hardware issue scares me. so i will let the first adopters be the guinea pig

Yeah, you're in the best portion of the game now in my opinion. I would go back and add a spoiler tag though since that's a big moment and don't want people yelling at you.
Good call; post edited.

I know I'd better get cracking on finishing this, and yet, a game like this simply will not abide being rushed. I actually put off playing it for a few weeks because it was so heavy (and because I didn't want it to end, honestly).

Yeah it depends on people's income levels. If your%

This is a tough launch because a considerable, if not most, of the launch titles are coming to current gen systems. Will their next gen versions be that much better?

I have preordered XBox One and PS4, but I think I might just hold off and continue to enjoy my Wii U until sometime next year.

Perfect. Thank you! I didn't realize the Playcation coupon was good for the whole trade. As it turns out, I went through my game stack and found that I actually have a Playcation coupon from something I bought at GS in late July. I thought it had expired already, but apparently it's good for another week or so. I'm gonna take the whole kit 'n' kaboodle over there. Score!
Playcation coupons are good until Sept. 15.

This is a tough launch because a considerable, if not most, of the launch titles are coming to current gen systems. Will their next gen versions be that much better?

I have preordered XBox One and PS4, but I think I might just hold off and continue to enjoy my Wii U until sometime next year.
i am in the same boat. I own both current gen consoles and planning to get both x1 n ps4 but thinking if I should just hold off until next year when more next gen exclusives come out and maybe some bundle deals ? also all the bugs/kinks worked out.

The titles that are coming out are going to be available on current gen anyways this year.

i am in the same boat. I own both current gen consoles and planning to get both x1 n ps4 but thinking if I should just hold off until next year when more next gen exclusives come out and maybe some bundle deals ? also all the bugs/kinks worked out.

The titles that are coming out are going to be available on current gen anyways this year.
I just wish Activision would release DLC for COD Ghosts on Wii U. Not really a fan of them not supporting the console.

Idk. I think it also depends on people's tastes in games. I think I'll wait til there's a sizable library of games I want to play on the next gens. Right now, the only things I'm interested in for next gen are CoD and BF4. Maybe Watch Dogs. But I can't justify to my conscience buying something just to play two or three games, then having it collect dust while waiting months for the next games I want (Witcher 3, Destiny). Neither consoles are backwards compatible so my current gen games and digital titles can't even be played on the new consoles. So what's the point?

Idk. I think it also depends on people's tastes in games. I think I'll wait til there's a sizable library of games I want to play on the next gens. Right now, the only things I'm interested in for next gen are CoD and BF4. Maybe Watch Dogs. But I can't justify to my conscience buying something just to play two or three games, then having it collect dust while waiting months for the next games I want (Witcher 3, Destiny). Neither consoles are backwards compatible so my current gen games and digital titles can't even be played on the new consoles. So what's the point?
Granted. Totally understandable to wait for some people.

Knowing myself though, I enjoy having latest tech at my disposal.from the start. Atleast on the microsoft side, Killer Instinct is day one for me along with Dead Rising and Forza. Don't really care for the Sony launch titles but I'll probably be picking up Watch Dogs on that system.

The point is basically the rush of securing a console at launch.. guess it's just a feel good old times moment from the younger days.

Be it still rumors, some good news for PS4 buyers is the inevitable supported VR headset technology like an Oculus Rift. Sony already has some VR headsets out, still be it fairly expensive, but supposedly they are working on a PS4 VR headset or maybe add support for ones already out, not sure. But apparently they were going to unveil it at this years TGS but seems like it won't be until 2014 for an accouncement if the rumors are at least plausible. If you want to check out the article here you go http://www.gamespot.com/news/sony-to-launch-own-vr-headset-for-playstation-4-report-6413971                             

Does anyone know how accurate Amazon's delivery date for standard edition PS4's are? I ordered mine July 30th with FSSS, then a while back I got an email saying they'd try to deliver it before the end of December with 'details to come'. Then the next day they changed the arrival date to Nov. 22. So is that just a placeholder with possibly unrealistic hopes, or can I actually expect a near-launch ship?

they should not post a closer date with out been able too delver it, why we had a place holder date starting  with dec.  their is a chance  the date could keep changing  but odd are more in your favor of getting it sooner, as random X person cancels.

I decided to pull my PS4 pre-order. Got to thinking about it and it's not worth it for me to pay $460 bucks to play the new Killzone. I'll wait until there are at least a library of 5-10 games I'm interested in and inevitable price drops on those games. I've got plenty to tide me over as it is, what with most of the new system releases just being graphically upgraded games I can get on PS3 and 360. First time ever I'll sit out a major system launch dating back to the NES, but there really isn't anything to get me overly excited about either of these system launches.

Walmart still taking pre orders...was close to putting money on one today but just gonna keep my Amazon BF4 launch bundle, still no tax where I am... just gonna have to play the waiting game all day on launch I suppose with UPS :( lol.

I cancelled my PS4 and was just going to get the XB1 (All my friends are getting X1 and the exclusives are more suited to my tastes) but once I saw the DS4 Launch bundle pop up I just couldn't resist, I'm getting both consoles at launch. Its entirely possible to pay both off even on the most modest of incomes (I collect food stamps and already have my x1 and 4 games paid off by just flipping stuff at gamestop.)

The most important part of a new console launch to me is just getting the console and opening it for the first time...I can't explain it but its like a rush of some sort seeing that new hardware for the first time in your hands. Since I usually preorder my stuff on Amazon my UPS girl always expects me to be sitting on my porch as I wait for him to roll up with my packages. 

Getting into FF14ARR and thinking oh well that will be a good use of the PS4 if nothing else, except that it's listed at $60 so far which is just silly to charge $20 more than the PS3 version and twice as much as the PC version just because it's PS4. Hopefully that changes.

I collect food stamps and already have my x1 and 4 games paid off by just flipping stuff at gamestop.
Oh no, now you're going to attract slidecage into here. He just sits there searching the forums for "foodstamps".

Since I usually preorder my stuff on Amazon my UPS girl always expects me to be sitting on my porch as I wait for him to roll up with my packages.
So which is it? Does this UPS person even exist?

bread's done
Back