PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

So will Bestbuy update my instore pick up pre order. It still says payment validated, hopefully it will be ready before midnight tomorrow. Anything think that BB will screw people out of their pre orders? 

Unfortunately knack seems to be getting some pretty mediocre reviews. Got a 5 point something on ign (although their grade of ZombiU shockingly wrong) but it might be an exclusive to hold off on a little bit, and maybe pick it up on sale down the road.

So Amazon charged me sales tax on my PS4 even though I preordered before they started charging tax in my state... is there anything I can do to fight this? I would've just preordered in NH where there is no sales tax if I knew this was gonna happen :/

Contact Amazon and see if they'll credit you back the tax or something.
Welcome to the real world and Amazon isn't going to do anything about it.

Not sure if anyone has said this yet, but Killzone, BF 4, & Madden all come with 7-day PS Plus trial codes. NFS does not even though it's also an EA game, not sure about FIFA or Knack as I didn't buy those from Target. NBA 2K14 & AC 4 do not have them either.

Of course there is a 30-day code in the system box.
I wonder if those trials stack?

Man, that many bricked PS4s already is not a good sign. Even for a soft launch, the fact it's the same issue leads me to believe there will be a lot of these in the wild. I'm just hoping this is something that will either happen right away or not at all because I really don't want to be 1+ years into my console and have it go out. Sony has so much momentum right now that this would just be killer.

LIKE A BOSS!

Last edited by a moderator:
im sure most will get shipping conf email by morning with all the systems going out at once im sure it will take some time for shippers system to update and amazon also.

Man, that many bricked PS4s already is not a good sign. Even for a soft launch, the fact it's the same issue leads me to believe there will be a lot of these in the wild. I'm just hoping this is something that will either happen right away or not at all because I really don't want to be 1+ years into my console and have it go out. Sony has so much momentum right now that this would just be killer.

LIKE A BOSS!
seems like it's a hdmi port issue either he port wires are messed up or the port is not saudered to circuit board correctly. Looks like people are finding out right away or after awhile about the issue.

I just got charged for my PS4/Knack bundle, showing Preparing for Shipment as my status.  :)  For those downloading the update early, which one should most people use, the 308MB one or the 859MB one?  Is the 859MB one only meant for cases where you're replacing the hard drive and need a clean installation?

So for those who preordered ps4 bundles that include 1 year subscription of ps+ on Amazon how will we be recieving the code for the 1 year? Will they give us via email or will it be physically in the package? 

Lol, I love watching Shu die; his facial expressions are great haha.  Looks like PS4 Twitch supports the spoiler wall too.  This is too good, I can't wait to start making VODs.

The PS4 reveal went over very well on Jimmy Fallon. The Playroom was pretty cool. They also played air hockey with it.

That dude on Twitch is still trying to fix the PS4. Bogus. Either doing it for view or MS.

seems like it's a hdmi port issue either he port wires are messed up or the port is not saudered to circuit board correctly. Looks like people are finding out right away or after awhile about the issue.
Ya it sounds like if you're going to get the problem you'll get it right away. Of course that could change.

will it be possible to return a bundle to gamestop, that included a digital pass to PSN?

no where on the add did it say that the PSN membership would be digital. I assumed it would have been a physical card in the box

Lol, I love watching Shu die; his facial expressions are great haha. Looks like PS4 Twitch supports the spoiler wall too. This is too good, I can't wait to start making VODs.
Yeah totally! I was surprised that I am getting a kick out of watching it actually. I can see using this feature a lot when people on my friend's list are playing a game I am curious about

Yeah totally! I was surprised that I am getting a kick out of watching it actually. I can see using this feature a lot when people on my friend's list are playing a game I am curious about
A buddy of mine used to stream a lot on twitch, doing no death ruleset playthroughs of RPGs new and old. Everyone wanted to see him try out Dark Souls and Dragon's Dogma to see just how far he could go without dying and having to restart again. Of course, it was PS3 only at the time but now he could do stuff like that in the future with PS4. It's actually very entertaining watching a good stream when the broadcaster interacts with the audience.

Just got my shipping confirmation for a July 24th order of  KZ bundle from amazon. Now I gotta wait til it get's near the customer center near me so i can call and have them hold it for pick up, they always take forever to deliver. 

Side note they emailed me both the DLC code and the PSN+ plus code. So it will not be in the box it's looking like. 

(hope this hasn't been posted in the last couple of pages, I've been skimming since this thread blew up)

Unlike that poor guy that won the PS4, everyone can return their PS4 to the store even without warranty for a brand new one if it is under the holiday return policy. So with or without warranty, we got until mid January to make sure it is running smoothly.

i was going to pickup some extra games but i guess ill wait on that and pickup the geek squad 2 year protection plan for $90

ign is having the same problems with a few of there ps4 so it looks like this may be a big problem

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/14/broken-playstation-4-systems

Unlike that poor guy that won the PS4, everyone can return their PS4 to the store even without warranty for a brand new one if it is under the holiday return policy. So with or without warranty, we got until mid January to make sure it is running smoothly.
Which stores and does it have to be sealed?

I talked to my local GS today about the midnight launch, and the guy told me they won't be giving out numbered tickets because the manager "thinks it's stupid". Is it a policy for GS to do this for the console launch or not?

It only bothers me because its getting pretty cold here and I'd rather wait in a line at 6 and get a ticket than wait for who knows how long later.

Which stores and does it have to be sealed?
Any stores as long as you have a receipt. To get a replacement, no it doesn't have to be sealed. To get your money back, not sure.

A game system is no different from any other item. If it is defective and under the return policy, they have to take it back for a replacement at least.

Anyone in NY get a charge yet? Still sitting on Not Yet Shipped but not really surprised since they usually ship out from their NJ warehouse with a 1 day delivery. 

Just curious if anyone in the area got a shipment. 

where's the pictures of people camping. we are 2 days away from launch. the playstation 06 thread was so much more entertaining.  

I'll post this here again as people may be interested.

I have an extra PS4 coming from Amazon, its my backup in case GS screws me over. If I get mine at GS I will have one available. I'd rather get rid of this in person locally (zip 90620) if I can. At cost of course, so about $450. If I can't find anyone locally I'll sell it +shipping.

I want this to go to someone who can't get a hold of one on launch day as I've already had to deal with a few people who already had preorders or who were already trying to sell them for profit.

So I admit I fucked up. I had like $350 in Amazon GC I forgot about and I wanted it to apply to a PS4 purchase. I'm pretty sure when they prepare to ship and charge they automatically take what ever is in your gift card balance before charging whatever credit card one file. I accidentally clicked applied balance because I was going over my invoice which changed the delivery date to Nov 19th instead (feck me). I contacted Amazon to see if anything could be done and the original rep I spoke to was all, "It's automated and nothing could be done even if I upgraded your delivery because of the high demand on PS4s." 

So I'm panicky and pissed off because I would have to waited another 4 days before I could get my system. I was already planning on camping out Best Buy to score a last minute PS4 for my brother because he found out he had money to cover it. So trying to pick up another one for myself wasn't an option.

I changed the shipping to one day just to see and what do you know DELIVERY ESTIMATE Friday, November 15, 2013 by 8:00pm.

I got transferred to another Amazon rep who was nice enough to waive the $3.99 charge for the one day shipping which I actually wouldn't have minded paying because I admit I did fuck up but holy shit I'm glad I didn't listen to the first guy I spoke to.

Waiting until Tuesday would have been torture. 

I just wanted to get that off my chest. 

Why not buy the one from Sony?
I glossed over the last 10 pages because this thread is out of control but I just bet that Sony is intentionally bricking these Taco Bell consoles and sent one to IGN and Kotaku they knew would die with the firmware update just to push their own protection plan. Conspiracy theorists go nuts. :whee:

I'll post this here again as people may be interested.

I have an extra PS4 coming from Amazon, its my backup in case GS screws me over. If I get mine at GS I will have one available. I'd rather get rid of this in person locally (zip 90620) if I can. At cost of course, so about $450. If I can't find anyone locally I'll sell it +shipping.

I want this to go to someone who can't get a hold of one on launch day as I've already had to deal with a few people who already had preorders or who were already trying to sell them for profit.
Hey youre in Buena Park:D

I wish it was an Xbox One you had :/ I have a ps4 preorder and want an xbox one

Why not buy the one from Sony?
Few reasons, I'm planning to get the 4 year Geek Squad protection from Bestbuy

-Sony only covers 2 years

-Would have to wait 2 weeks everytime I needed repairs, as opposed to rapid exchange at the store

-Highly likely I'm sent a refurbished or repaired system, as opposed to a new system every time

Does anyone else's order on UPS say scheduled delivery for Monday but on Amazon it says Friday? It's only on shipping label created on UPS though, could that be why?

Does anyone else's order on UPS say scheduled delivery for Monday but on Amazon it says Friday? It's only on shipping label created on UPS though, could that be why?
My tracking info says the same thing and hasn't updated all day. It's just at "shipping label created" and it's making me anxious. If it ever updates it should change to "scheduled for early delivery on Friday."

bread's done
Back