PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

Well  after shipping from amazon about 6 hours ago... there has been no update on UPS other than label being printed.  So unless it missed a scan or 2, it's not going to be here tomorrow.

Question about the digital upgrades, I was reading the page for Battlefield 4, and it says something about not being able to download till November 29th?

Is that a glitch? Or is it true, going to be really pissed if I'm paying 10$ to wait 2 weeks to play something I have in my hands
Servers are definitely bogged down. Taking over 45 minutes just for a 323 MB patch.
Quick!!! Is there another walmart $10 glitch? the ps4 is going to look sweet on my 55 smart Sammy thx to walmart.

Well after shipping from amazon about 6 hours ago... there has been no update on UPS other than label being printed. So unless it missed a scan or 2, it's not going to be here tomorrow.

That's what I'm afraid of...

Mine showed shipping last night but it has yet to show up on UPS's own website w/ the tracking provided by amazon.

Well after shipping from amazon about 6 hours ago... there has been no update on UPS other than label being printed. So unless it missed a scan or 2, it's not going to be here tomorrow.

and as I post this it finally updates... about 3 hours away, so guess it's possible.

I think we underestimated the demand for the PS4. Amazon and Best Buy are sold out again.
its going to be like this until the week is over. Sony marketing has been A++, games sucks but people are buying just to buy. the hype is strong on this one. I know people who didn't even consider buying one until today like old people in their 30s-40s. At work people kept asking where to pick one up.

Last edited by a moderator:
its going to be like this until the week is over. Sony marketing has been A++, games sucks but people are buying just to buy. the hype is strong on this one. I know people who didn't even consider buying one until today like old people in their 30s-40s. At work people kept asking where to pick one up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hUUsqhetX4

^I think this demo of playroom got the mainstream consumers talking about the console. You can already tell by the amount of views just on youtube. It could turn into something like what wii sports done for the wii, it is gimmicky, but sometimes that is all you need to get a consumer to buy in.

Updating to 1.5. Small town Wal-mart. Mine was a layaway preorder. The store had 4 available for walk-ins--two were sold at midnight along with mine.

i think they are being secretive with the shipping of ps4's so people can't steal em'.  they have problems with that in the past.  i didn't get any kind of shipping notification until last night (and it stated a different date), and it showed up at my door today

Why would you consider yourself old? 33 isn't old, lol!

Sorry for insulting some of you guys, but Im 28 and there are older folks who get a chuckle everytime they see me playing the PS3 in my office. Everytime I ask them to play, their response is I'm too old for that?, it's too complicated where's the joystick?, I used to remember the atari 2600?, you are just like my loser son and least you have a job. 

Sorry for insulting some of you guys, but Im 28 and there are older folks who get a chuckle everytime they see me playing the PS3 in my office. Everytime I ask them to play, their response is I'm too old for that?, it's too complicated where's the joystick?, I used to remember the atari 2600?, you are just like my loser son and least you have a job.
It's a totally different story if you work in tech companies like Oracle, Google etc.

How sweet would it had been if Sony had hire Antonio Banderas to bash XB1 at the launch event. PS nation deserve that. Make it happen at e3 sony...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hUUsqhetX4

^I think this demo of playroom got the mainstream consumers talking about the console. You can already tell by the amount of views just on youtube. It could turn into something like what wii sports done for the wii, it is gimmicky, but sometimes that is all you need to get a consumer to buy in.
Agreed. I just bought the camera that I didn't want of the damn girlfriend. Also, add that this is the first console release since social media took over everybodys lives.

finstersucks said:
I know people who didn't even consider buying one until today like old people in their 30s-40s.
Well, this very old (since I fall into the end of that range) guy is about to go pick up his already paid-off GS preorder ;).

Wow. No shortage of units here. Walked into my local GameStop and got a ticket and paid for an extra unit (my Amazon preorder is in shipping now). Kind of want to float it to a buddy of mine and let him pay me back in installments at no interest. He can't ever afford to buy consoles (still doesn't own anything from the retiring generation) and I figure if I buy it for him he can actually participate with everyone else this time. It worked out great for him when I bought a launch 3DS. It took him nearly a year to pay it off but he's got one and loves it.

Damn dude, you're a good friend, although if I was him, I'd feel bad for having others pay for my entertainment stuff.

I'm no expert but I tried 3 hdmi cables and 3 ports, and I'm pretty sure its busted. I'm not sure exactly what the bent pins are supposed to look like

This please wait screen will be the death of me. Hard to believe next gen is starting, I cannot believe it.

Next gen waiting times.

I'm no expert but I tried 3 hdmi cables and 3 ports, and I'm pretty sure its busted. I'm not sure exactly what the bent pins are supposed to look like

I just read something over on ign but I can't find it now it said to check the pins on the hdmi and on the unit its self and thaat there was probably a wire sticking up and to bend it down and that would fix it. Some how this wire is knocking teeth out of the hdmi cord don't know if this helps or not

Evophile regarding ur problem, maybe you should trya diffrent tv? Some tv's can have compatibility issues with certain HDMI ports, try ur ps4 on a diffrent tv and if its still busted its more in likely a bad ps4 port.

Also is your tv 1080p? im thinking maybe the ps4 default to 1080p and some tvs only do 720p/1080i

My PS4 is in Jacksonville, FL. =D

This is like when I was a kid and they would do the "Santa Watch" on the news or aol.

people even younger people need get rid of the stigma that video games are for kids and stoner/losers adults.
I read some stat saying the average gamers are 28-34 year old males. Every guy plays video games. I've even got a few coworkers who act high and mighty that they're so big into sports and think games are stupid yet play iOS games and follow fantasy leagues religiously.

Evophile regarding ur problem, maybe you should trya diffrent tv? Some tv's can have compatibility issues with certain HDMI ports, try ur ps4 on a diffrent tv and if its still busted its more in likely a bad ps4 port.

Also is your tv 1080p? im thinking maybe the ps4 default to 1080p and some tvs only do 720p/1080i
Yeah the TV I'm trying now is 720p/1080i, I'm not gonna have access to the 1080p set til tomm, every else is asleep right now lol. Man, I guess I'd rather have that problem, but it's killing me

Mine is on the left, kotakus is on the right,.looks kind of similar?

mDXYP9S.jpg

Yeah the TV I'm trying now is 720p/1080i, I'm not gonna have access to the 1080p set til tomm, every else is asleep right now lol. Man, I guess I'd rather have that problem, but it's killing me

Mine is on the left, kotakus is on the right,.looks kind of similar?

mDXYP9S.jpg
id use the cable that shipped with the system and make sure its plugged in well. Also there is prob a way to reset the video setting to boot in a lower res. On PS3 it was simply hold the power button for 10 sec till u hear 2 beeps, maybe try doing that on the ps4?

people even younger people need get rid of the stigma that video games are for kids and stoner/losers adults.
On the other hand, as I stand here in GS waiting for midnight I feel really out of place. I don't think there's another guy in here over 30. But that points more to the type of person who picks up a console at midnight - that definitely skews younger.

I picked up my slip at 11:30 and I'm number 22.

But this may very well be my last time doing this. I'm getting the X1 from Amazon and I see going that route in the future. But for next launch I might be able to send my kids out to get it ;).

Thanks, now I'll try to find the metal piece that is maybe bent
In the article it stated the HDMI cable should be flush against the system urs seems to be sticking out like the article meantioned. Good luck on getting ur issue fixed. If it is the system id say id exchange it ASAP even if you get it working if it is in facta probelm you had to use a pen to fix.

On the other hand, as I stand here in GS waiting for midnight I feel really out of place. I don't think there's another guy in here over 30. But that points more to the type of person who picks up a console at midnight - that definitely skews younger.

I picked up my slip at 11:30 and I'm number 22.

But this may very well be my last time doing this. I'm getting the X1 from Amazon and I see going that route in the future. But for next launch I might be able to send my kids out to get it ;).

Hey I was number 22 also! Haha I'm 27 and I felt like I was nearly the oldest too

bread's done
Back