PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

If you have one locally, try a Sony Store. They seem to still have availability. If you are not opposed to a bundle, Amazon seems to periodically get the bundles back in stock (just not the Launch Editions to replace all the broken one :( )
We used to have 2 Sony stores nearby but they seem to have closed recently. :(

I really thought my PS4 was bricked yesterday when I finally got it set up and the light was pulsing blue. Turns out the PS4 doesn't put out enough power through the HDMI port to power the cheap Chinese HDMI switch. So now I have to run the WiiU or PS3 at the same time to get it to display the PS4 on TV. More than a little silly, going to have to try and find a different cheap one that plugs into the wall.

Remote play is awesome though. Playing NFS Rivals and Resogun in bed and it was awesome. Now I need to replace my broken and unstable wireless access point so it's perfect. Going to be using this feature a lot, especially since you can turn the system on through the Vita!

Knock on wood, but mine came from Amazon and has been doing good. It was on a good 11-12 hours yesterday.
Same here, for everyone's information.

I hope Sony is really responsive for you guys with bad systems. :whistle2:( My heart goes out to you - I know how much this sucks.

I'd be interested in know this. All the ones that I have been reading about seem to be coming from Amazon. Maybe Amazon got a lot of the first run systems and could be the cause of the problem.
Put me down for a DOA from Amazon.
I received two from amazon (other was for a friend) and they both seem to be working fine. Guess I better find some wood to knock on. Hope y'all get yours fixed soon.

I really thought my PS4 was bricked yesterday when I finally got it set up and the light was pulsing blue. Turns out the PS4 doesn't put out enough power through the HDMI port to power the cheap Chinese HDMI switch. So now I have to run the WiiU or PS3 at the same time to get it to display the PS4 on TV. More than a little silly, going to have to try and find a different cheap one that plugs into the wall.

Remote play is awesome though. Playing NFS Rivals and Resogun in bed and it was awesome. Now I need to replace my broken and unstable wireless access point so it's perfect. Going to be using this feature a lot, especially since you can turn the system on through the Vita!

How is your PS4 setup for remote play? Are you using all wireless?

Got mine from Amazon and it's working perfectly fine. Played BF4 and AC4 all night. *Knock on wood*

Feel free to add me. PSN is in my signature. Created a new PSN so I hardly have any friends on it. :-({|=(Anyone know how to add an image to my sig? Says I can add 0 images)

How many of you are picking up a protection plan? Thinking of getting the Sony one. 

Last edited by a moderator:
My Amazon ps4 got delivered yesterday but I'm not home till later today. Sorry I just caught the tail end of this thread. What issues should I be weary of?

How is your PS4 setup for remote play? Are you using all wireless?
PS4 into wired router, and then wireless AP between them. Wireless AP is failing so lost connection once or twice but otherwise was great. Obviously not quite the same as using the DS4 on the console but still really awesome.

Got mine from Amazon and it's working perfectly fine. Played BF4 and AC4 all night. *Knock on wood*

Feel free to add me. PSN is in my signature. Created a new PSN so I hardly have any friends on it. :-({|=(Anyone know how to add an image to my sig? Says I can add 0 images)

How many of you are picking up a protection plan? Thinking of getting the Sony one.
I picked the one up from PSN. My system is working great but I just like to have peace of mind. :)
My PSN is Outlaw420247 add me if u want. I got BF4, COD, and Killzone so far.

I can buy it also, just says come back on November 29th to download it. I'm thinking it's for Europe that can't do it until the 29th. So you were able to download it?
Yup! Downloaded it while I was playing 2k14...BF takes forever to install btw. I played the first 3 missions of the campaign while I waited for the MP to install lol

Well, just checked the tracking this morning and well after 72 hours of a shipping notice, it went live. Routed from a shipping center late last night to my city.

I called UPS to see if I could pick it up from the warehouse but was told I can't make that request on the weekends.

between reading about all these DOA's and update failures, it's probably good that I have to wait for the console.

1. It doesn't ruin my weekend if I get the Blue Light of Death

2. Gives sony some more time to fix the patch that is bricking systems.

Need to reach CAG veteran level.

My PS4 is working awesome and I love it!! Resogun and KZ are phenomenal, BF and AC are great but feel last-gen. I ended up with a regular BF instead of the Limited I wanted, so if someone has a China RSI g code they don't need I'd appreciate if you PM'ed me. Thanks!

Thundarr2006 here, btw.

BF4 is insane with 64 players, had a blast playing that last night. Only problem was not being able to get into a conquest match, it gave me an error everytime I tried to join. Thats my favorite game mode so it kinda sucked. It also took me a while to get used to using the triggers for shooting, I died plenty of times early on pressing the bumpers instead.
Got BF4 and COD and BF4 blows it out of the water. Had the same connection problems last night as well and was wanting to play conquest - hopefully, it's better today. It might be kinda early but anyone know if any place is trading PS4 games in yet? I'm already ready to get rid of Knack.

Got BF4 and COD and BF4 blows it out of the water. Had the same connection problems last night as well and was wanting to play conquest - hopefully, it's better today. It might be kinda early but anyone know if any place is trading PS4 games in yet? I'm already ready to get rid of Knack.
GameStop, last I knew it had a $26 base.

I contacted amazon since my ps4 still hasn't been charged or shipped from my order from 6/10.   Amazon shipped it out and upgraded me to overnight shipping, it will be here on Monday.  I'm aware that their free shipping sucks but I was expecting it to at least ship out on launch day.  It all got sorted out and Amazon once again showed me that they still have great customer service. 

Been playing BF4 for hours.

Hell of a lot of fun. Conquest still doesn't work at all.

Haven't touched KZ yet

My PS4 that I waited 6 hours in line for was DOA.

If anyone knows anywhere in central IL with some in stock, I would really appreciate a heads-up. :(

My PS4 that I waited 6 hours in line for was DOA.

If anyone knows anywhere in central IL with some in stock, I would really appreciate a heads-up. :(
That really sucks.

I too would like a holla if someone in the Virginia area knew of any stores in stock

Has anyone figured out how to share a video clip without logging into Facebook (I don't do Facebook). Tried finding a work around but every time I try to share a video it wants me to log in with a FB account.

Is there a setting that will shut the controller down after a certain period of not being used or do you have to shut the controller down somehow?  Am I missing something?

Also has anyone tried stacking two one month trial codes together?  I never had Plus till yesterday and am curious if I got a hold of another plus membership if I could use it?

Also for the people that got bad consoles, I feel for you guys.  That's not cool

My Amazon ps4 got delivered yesterday but I'm not home till later today. Sorry I just caught the tail end of this thread. What issues should I be weary of?
There seems to be 2 issues.

The main issue is you lose image to your display, and when you try and reboot the machine it just pulses blue. Someone posted earlier that the problem is in the hdmi socket, something about a piece of metal shorting out the socket and it can be poked out of the way. Not sure how true this is since I haven't seen that fix being posted elsewhere.

The other issue is a pulsing red light, only seen a couple of these, but apparently it is caused by the fan not turning on and the system overheating.

Those are the serious issues, really the only other things are PSN connections, UI bugs, and some in game freezing.

I haven't experienced any of these, these are just things I've read about on here, N4G and Gaf.

I'm sure this is the wrong place to ask, but I don't know where else.

With the ps3, psn purchases came with 2 licenses. My brother and I would buy a game and each download it on our consoles. It doesn't seem like the ps4 lets you do that, but has anyone found a way to do it?

Is there a setting that will shut the controller down after a certain period of not being used or do you have to shut the controller down somehow? Am I missing something?
I am wondering the same thing. Annoying having that blue light on while watching netflix.

I am wondering the same thing. Annoying having that blue light on while watching netflix.
like on the ps3 you can hold down the PS button (and then go to devices or something) to manually turn off the controller. it's like 3 steps which is a bit lame (used to be able to power the ps3 off without looking).

and yeah, in settings/power something something there's the auto controller turn off option.

What do you people mean when they say there consoles was Dead on Arrival (DOA)?

Does it not power on or are they just not getting an image output?

I have had zero problems with mine... granted I didn't set it up until this morning but all the updates installed in like three minutes.

The biggest confusion for me was figuring out where to put the game discs. Yes... it's right where it should be but it honestly doesn't look like a cd can fit in there.

My girlfriend is trying to play ghosts online but it mentions something about an update downloading yet there is not status bar... anyone know how to check the progress?

With the ps3, psn purchases came with 2 licenses. My brother and I would buy a game and each download it on our consoles. It doesn't seem like the ps4 lets you do that, but has anyone found a way to do it?
You would need to designate one of your sign ons to a ps3 as it's primary device and make all purchases to that. Here is the downside, the second console will then need to be signed in as that user, and be online, for the duration of use.

This is how I would do it:

Throw your sign on as your brother's primary account, then allow him to make the purchases under your sign on. Then you just need to be using that sign on from this point forward and have internet connection the entire time. It works just like the 360.

The BF4 bug is quite annoying. I've had it crash twice and both times deleted my hour or so of Campaign. I mean it could be worse but it's still annoying. Guess I'll just have to wait to play campaign until it's fixed.

What do you people mean when they say there consoles was Dead on Arrival (DOA)?
Does it not power on or are they just not getting an image output?
I have had zero problems with mine... granted I didn't set it up until this morning but all the updates installed in like three minutes.

The biggest confusion for me was figuring out where to put the game discs. Yes... it's right where it should be but it honestly doesn't look like a cd can fit in there.

My girlfriend is trying to play ghosts online but it mentions something about an update downloading yet there is not status bar... anyone know how to check the progress?
It's under the notifications pane, under downloads. It's a massive patch of 743 mb.

Ha! I had the same problem. It also took me a minute to figure out where the power button was.

Well sorry to hear about everyones DOA consoles...I received mine from amazon yesterday afternoon and no problems yet. I still dont know what to make of the fail rate...I see A LOT of people reporting bricked / malfunctioning consoles. I think its greater than the .4 percent sony was reporting...

no problems with my Amazon console either, working well thankfully. at one point I turned it on along with my tv and got no sound. turned tv off/on and the sound started working again.

Mine is working fine. Download speeds are currently slow, but not exactly a hardware issue. I had some flickering in Safe Mode when trying to install from a USB, but haven't seen it since.

In theory, you could activate the primary on the opposite console, which would allow every user to use "your" content on the other console. Then you yourself could be the secondary account on your console and that would entitle you to play your games on your account only. In this sense, it seems possible to "share", though you would have to actually try it to see how well it would work.

I was extremely nervous yesterday when I was hooking up my console and setting it up, but, fortunately for me I have had no issues so far.

*knocks on wood*

The only thing I hate is having to see my real name everywhere instead of my screen name - maybe I just haven't figured this out yet. I know that my friends can't see my real name.
This. I've thought about changing it to my normal MMO alias because it's awkward and you can't turn it off (but I'd have to identify myself as such if I ever had a support request which could get weird haha). It's not that I'm trying to hide behind a moniker, but I do as much as possible to protect my identity in an age of digital theft. I hate the blog wall that keeps spewing my name played this game and wish I could disable it. That and I miss my theme that made it more personalized and 'homely'.

I hope they let us customize more things in the future because right now I don't like how things are laid out. I don't want to see every game I have on the bottom screen unless I have the disc in the system or it's an installed game like Contrast. Just some minor nuances but if it isn't broken, don't fix it applies.

Weird, I was going to turn my ps4 on and noticed a orange light blinking. I did some research and found out it means the ps4 is on stand by mode. Do you guys know if I can remove the stand by mode? I don't know if this is dangerous in terms of overheating or not

Never mind, I found it

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5050
It's 100% safe BUT I was reading an article that says the TDP in standby is 60w IIRC so unless you're just stepping away for food or something, it's better to just turn it off to save money on electricity (just like you'd flip off lights in your house when you're out).

Has anyone figured out how to share a video clip without logging into Facebook (I don't do Facebook). Tried finding a work around but every time I try to share a video it wants me to log in with a FB account.
I haven't found a way yet, but an easy workaround is to create a dummy account on Facebook just for PS4 shares. That way you can keep it separate from the rest of your stuff.

Has anyone tried the jump-in aspect of the PS4 yet? They kept showing the ability to go to a friend and watch what they're doing, then seamlessly jump in to their game.

And yeah, I need friends to try this out with, hit me up. PSN is my username here. Not a shooter fan, but I'll be on NfS later.

bread's done
Back