PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

My return box from Sony just arrived. I also have a replacement order in with Amazon too (although they are waiting on stock before they can officially process the order). Not sure what the better option is at this point. If I send the console in to Sony I could possibly get a refurbished/repair unit (they are going to have enough of them) or see if Amazon comes through with a new replacement system. Decisions...decisions....

Yeah, you tell that to eBay when the buyer files a not as described case against you (ie automatic buyer win) and eBay just takes your money and gives it back to them when you refuse to accept a return also permanently marking your account in the process.
This. If you don't take a return on a defective product then you're fucked.

With all the troubles, I wonder if Amazon will now stop selling Sony consoles? Isn't that why they stopped selling Nintendo hardware?
That will only happen if Sony turns out to be as much of a dick of a company as Nintendo was. Nintendo refused to refund Amazon for defective 3DS's which meant they had to eat the cost. Why the fuck should Amazon have to eat those losses? It's Nintendo's defective products so it's Nintendo that needs to lose money. I really doubt Sony is going to refuse to refund Amazon.

Or someone just doesn't want it, or swaps their defective console for yours, or any number of other scenarios that you just can't prove once it leaves your hands and that eBay will always side on the buyer over.

Or someone just doesn't want it, or swaps their defective console for yours, or any number of other scenarios that you just can't prove once it leaves your hands and that eBay will always side on the buyer over.
Some of those fraud related things, you'd have to call the police on and I think most people realize they can get defrauded via eBay but that doesn't usually happen. My worst experience with eBay was when I sold a TV show series on DVD for about $50. I shipped it with tracking and it stopped updating the tracking. 2 weeks later eBay refunded the money to the buyer and since I didn't buy insurance I'm out the DVD's and the money (including shipping). I got nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Something tells me that Amazon is holding a lot of the future orders until they get word from Sony. They are getting hammered with returns. At $400 plus the cost of shipping both ways, I imagine they are not happy about losing that much money. Obviously this is just my personal theory. I have a DOA PS4 and currently waiting to see what happens with both Sony and Amazon.
I read that Amazon is sending consumers replacement units with some being delivered today. Unbeleivable. This "extra" stock is likely coming from the people who had a launch edition ordered that hasnt been shipped, like myself

I read that Amazon is sending consumers replacement units with some being delivered today. Unbeleivable. This "extra" stock is likely coming from the people who had a launch edition ordered that hasnt been shipped, like myself
Seriously chill, what kind of shipping did you purchase, and have you called them yet. One person on here got theres delayed to Saturday and Amazon comped them a game for the inconvinence...

I did free shipping and they didn't charge me or ship my 6/10 preorder as of Saturday so I contacted them. Amazon next day shipped it to me free of charge and it should be here any minute now.

My NFS shipped today, so if thats any indication your should be shipping soon.
Mine was ordered the second B2G1 started and it is still in limbo.

Update: Amazon is clearly listening since two hours later they sent me an email that it will be here sometime this week.

We been dealing with this shit since the 29th.
I'm glad I decided early to skip this gen of BF for Titanfall. It's so obvious they rushed this out the door to meet launch and is too soon for another BF TBH.

Seriously chill, what kind of shipping did you purchase, and have you called them yet. One person on here got theres delayed to Saturday and Amazon comped them a game for the inconvinence...
I did the free shipping and now I havent called. Will do so after reading what the other poster did. It just was alarming that it and my games both entered the prepare for shipping stage at the same time yet the games arrived Saturday and still no word on my PS4 shipment

well that is your problem, they have more time to ship out yours since you picked free shipping... should have done a trial of prime and gotten it friday for free...

I'm glad I decided early to skip this gen of BF for Titanfall. It's so obvious they rushed this out the door to meet launch and is too soon for another BF TBH.
Two years since BF3 which has been the rough time frame the series has followed since 2142 and before that they were almost yearly. People keep saying this but, at least on PC, this is easily the smoothest launch DICE has pulled off with a BF game. I would say that the game feels much more like BF3-2 where other games in the series have felt much fresher from the previous game.

My Need for Speed pre-order from Amazon just switched from Estimated delivery of December 30 to November 20th for PS4.  It was the last of the 3 I ordered last week for the buy 2 get 1 free deal.  Nice!

That will only happen if Sony turns out to be as much of a dick of a company as Nintendo was. Nintendo refused to refund Amazon for defective 3DS's which meant they had to eat the cost. Why the fuck should Amazon have to eat those losses? It's Nintendo's defective products so it's Nintendo that needs to lose money. I really doubt Sony is going to refuse to refund Amazon.
I don't think Nintendo refused to pay amazon for defective consoles. I think amazon wanted money for consoles that Nintendo did not think were defective. the 3ds wasn't selling, amazon wanted to lower the price, Nintendo wouldn't let them but they let Walmart. Amazon got mad. So this is not like the Sony problem.

it all started off last year when the 3DS launch was less than stellar. Amazon had a lot of unsold 3DS consoles sitting around their warehouses, and they decided to start demanding a bigger wholesaler discount - equal to what Wal-Mart receives.

Anyway, this request was flatly denied. Amazon requested permission to sell the consoles at a discount. Denied again. To strengthen their case, and try to bully their way into the bigger discount, Amazon complained that they have to replace a lot of the systems because of the screen scratching problem, and starting making a big production about sending each and every one back to Nintendo, wanting a full & immediate credit, which started to overwhelm Nintendo's intake for seconds merchandise, which started to make Nintendo really mad, because Amazon was sending over units that had such slight, almost nonexistent problems

I don't think Nintendo refused to pay amazon for defective consoles. I think amazon wanted money for consoles that Nintendo did not think were defective. the 3ds wasn't selling, amazon wanted to lower the price, Nintendo wouldn't let them but they let Walmart. Amazon got mad. So this is not like the Sony problem.
Wasn't Amazon getting 3DS systems returned because the stylus was scratching the screen and Nintendo doesn't consider that a defect?

PS4 is still the fastest selling game system of all time.
Because it was on preorder for months for people to purchase? It's not like everyone bought it in 1 day. That isn't saying much since most other consoles you could not preorder and were always sold out so they could have sold much more.

Wasn't Amazon getting 3DS systems returned because the stylus was scratching the screen and Nintendo doesn't consider that a defect?
Yes, you're both right. The 3DS's were built in a way that caused the screen to get scratched when it closed. This caused people to make returns to Amazon because they were defective. Then Nintendo refused to take them back from Amazon because they claimed it wasn't a defect which is bullshit because clearly they never intended to ruin your screen in that way and later revisions fixed the hard even though it was supposedly working as intended. I don't understand why people try to defend Nintendo's actions here. That was really fucked up.

Yes, you're both right. The 3DS's were built in a way that caused the screen to get scratched when it closed. This caused people to make returns to Amazon because they were defective. Then Nintendo refused to take them back from Amazon because they claimed it wasn't a defect which is bullshit because clearly they never intended to ruin your screen in that way and later revisions fixed the hard even though it was supposedly working as intended. I don't understand why people try to defend Nintendo's actions here. That was really fucked up.
I'm defending Nintendo because I think they took back the screen hinge problems and were fine with that, but amazon got mad because walmart was being treated better and so they included tons of other consoles that did not have this problem. Also amazon usually just sells these consoles on their amazon warehouse deals account (it is much cheaper easier to do this) but instead they sent them all to Nintendo to cause problems. Nintendo wasn't perfect, but neither was Amazon. They were both at fault.

Oh I never told you guys my wonderful amazon experience... They delivered the package to the wrong address!!!  My PS4 ended up on someone elses porch.  My address is st, and even though that is my billing and the address evrything else has gone to some how ct ended up on the delivery address.  So I had to drive through my neighborhood and get my package.  the old man that lived there said it used to happen all the time!  I was so freaked because I got a text from UPS that my package had been delivered but I was sitting on my porch waiting...  worst few moments of my life!!!

Oh I never told you guys my wonderful amazon experience... They delivered the package to the wrong address!!! My PS4 ended up on someone elses porch. My address is st, and even though that is my billing and the address evrything else has gone to some how ct ended up on the delivery address. So I had to drive through my neighborhood and get my package. the old man that lived there said it used to happen all the time! I was so freaked because I got a text from UPS that my package had been delivered but I was sitting on my porch waiting... worst few moments of my life!!!
At least it was an old man who had no interest in your sex box.

They're showing the guy smashing the PS4 on this viral video show right now and other people doing it too and I still don't get it.

I love how if your PS4 is in standby mode, you can go to the PSN Store from any PC, buy a game and have it tell it to start downloading to your PS4.

I mean Steam does this but it's nice to have a console do it. PS3 only starts the download the next time you turn your machine on but the PS4 just downloads. It's awesome.
My question is how much power does the PS4 use while in standby? I'm not trying to run up my power bill.

Oh I never told you guys my wonderful amazon experience... They delivered the package to the wrong address!!! My PS4 ended up on someone elses porch. My address is st, and even though that is my billing and the address evrything else has gone to some how ct ended up on the delivery address. So I had to drive through my neighborhood and get my package. the old man that lived there said it used to happen all the time! I was so freaked because I got a text from UPS that my package had been delivered but I was sitting on my porch waiting... worst few moments of my life!!!
Not trying to downplay it, but that was the worst, few moments of your whole, entire life?

My question is how much power does the PS4 use while in standby? I'm not trying to run up my power bill.
In just basic standby, it is 10W. It becomes 70W when the console is performing a download while in low-power state.

Did Contrast download twice for anyone else? I shows up in the download list twice, and when I tried to delete one, it deleted both.
The smaller file of the two was the patch. Apparently on the PSN exclusive games if there's a patch it downloads at the same time while on retail game disks/downloads you must boot the game before PSN will start downloading any patches.

Just a friendly reminder via Kotaku's review but beware if you have no broadband or if 2K's servers go down NBA 2K14 is almost worthless as all modes other than exhibition require a connection to 2K's servers. Believe this is a next-gen only thing.

At least it was an old man who had no interest in your sex box.

They're showing the guy smashing the PS4 on this viral video show right now and other people doing it too and I still don't get it.

Most of the times with this there are two ways it is done.

1. they do crowdfunding to get the money to do it just for entertainment.

2. they do it for youtube views which pays for the console and can launch their other videos.

stupid yes, but there is a reason.

I'm defending Nintendo because I think they took back the screen hinge problems and were fine with that, but amazon got mad because walmart was being treated better and so they included tons of other consoles that did not have this problem. Also amazon usually just sells these consoles on their amazon warehouse deals account (it is much cheaper easier to do this) but instead they sent them all to Nintendo to cause problems. Nintendo wasn't perfect, but neither was Amazon. They were both at fault.
So wait, Nintendo allowed Walmart and ONLY Walmart to lower it's 3DS prices prior to the price drop and that's defensible? I'm sorry but why the fuck even sell elsewhere because you're letting a single store charge $80 less than everyone else.

Just a friendly reminder via Kotaku's review but beware if you have no broadband or if 2K's servers go down NBA 2K14 is almost worthless as all modes other than exhibition require a connection to 2K's servers. Believe this is a next-gen only thing.
Really? That's awful. If this isn't the most amazing basketball game I've ever played I'm going to have to strongly consider trading that soon as someone offers a good value.

stupid yes, but there is a reason.
I guess but I just don't get this aspect of modern "culture".

I just received my PS4 via Lasership. The box looked fine and not beat up. No blue light special and it runs slightly warm on bottom where the power supply must be. I'm just doing the system update now.

Oh I wanted to mention that I left the TV off when I first turned on the PS4 and it cycled up fine, no BLOD. The light went from blue to white with the TV off.

I did free shipping and they didn't charge me or ship my 6/10 preorder as of Saturday so I contacted them. Amazon next day shipped it to me free of charge and it should be here any minute now.
What did you say to them bc I just got off the phone and was pretty much told to wait as there was nothing they can do about it.

I just received my PS4 via Lasership. The box looked fine and not beat up. No blue light special and it runs slightly warm on bottom where the power supply must be. I'm just doing the system update now.

Oh I wanted to mention that I left the TV off when I first turned on the PS4 and it cycled up fine, no BLOD. The light went from blue to white with the TV off.
they're using Lasership to ship? Yikes! Thats like the worst company they ship with. I hope when mine does finally come, its with a more reputable company like Fedex

So far so good with my replacement I received from amazon this morning.
This morning? Wow that was fast!

Good question!

A free game? Nice! Amazon sets the example for online stores and raises the expectation on 'brick and mortar' stores. I'm surprised Best Buy is still in business. Maybe it's because they price match Amazon but how long will that last?

Because it was on preorder for months for people to purchase? It's not like everyone bought it in 1 day. That isn't saying much since most other consoles you could not preorder and were always sold out so they could have sold much more.
Yeah... they cheated.

LOL @ "...worst few moments of my life!!!"

It's a 2k thing... and can be expected every two months.

What did you say to them bc I just got off the phone and was pretty much told to wait as there was nothing they can do about it.
I didn't call I used the chat function. I was being nice and that I was wondering why it hasn't shipped yet. I told them I was fine with slow shipping as long as it at least shipped on launch day.

I wasn't expecting them to overnight it to me but the rep said he would get it shipped that day and overnight it to me. It came about an hour ago.

Got a chance to check out my friend's PS4 last night.  Pretty awesome, I'm digging the UI and finally having multiple accounts on the system at the same time is really cool.  Control feels a lot better, especially the L2/R2 buttons, and it is way wider than I expected. Resogun was awesome, and I enjoyed the local Ghosts games we were doing to.  NBA 2K14 and Madden were fine, neither is really my cup of tea.  Remote Play worked awesomely on Madden, I can definitely see myself getting into Remote Play when I get my PS4.

Overall very impressed.

Got a chance to check out my friend's PS4 last night. Pretty awesome, I'm digging the UI and finally having multiple accounts on the system at the same time is really cool. Control feels a lot better, especially the L2/R2 buttons, and it is way wider than I expected. Resogun was awesome, and I enjoyed the local Ghosts games we were doing to. NBA 2K14 and Madden were fine, neither is really my cup of tea. Remote Play worked awesomely on Madden, I can definitely see myself getting into Remote Play when I get my PS4.

Overall very impressed.
Best and most accurate one liner I've read regarding the PS4 so far: Massive Improvement.

Looking forward to reading the X1 reviews - I hope the same holds true there. I just really want to play the new Killer Instinct (I wish they hadn't ignored the single player aspects of the game out of the gate, but if they patch them in later I guess that's fine). If I could figure out a way to access my stupid MS points to convert them to real moniez I'd buy it just to show my support despite not even having the console.

Also, vita piss.

Got a chance to check out my friend's PS4 last night. Pretty awesome, I'm digging the UI and finally having multiple accounts on the system at the same time is really cool. Control feels a lot better, especially the L2/R2 buttons, and it is way wider than I expected. Resogun was awesome, and I enjoyed the local Ghosts games we were doing to. NBA 2K14 and Madden were fine, neither is really my cup of tea. Remote Play worked awesomely on Madden, I can definitely see myself getting into Remote Play when I get my PS4.

Overall very impressed.
Thanks for the feedback. I haven't opened mine up and a few more of these and I won't be making a full xbone jump. Just wanted something totally different and never owned an xbox so I thought maybe now would be a good move. Not sure though, obviously.

bread's done
Back