Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

Amazon is smart
I mean I don't think it makes much of a difference. It's not like distracting the focus is a bad thing, and their allocation is going to sell out regardless of when they start pre-orders . The fact that Amazon might be the only major retailer not starting to sell the system tonight means all the focus will be on them when they do start selling them. At the same time, I doubt Amazon will fuck up their websites the way all the others did.

amazon usually follows the rules. Not sure why the others stores had to break the rules, it's not like they will sell more early than if they just waited until tomorrow. They're going to sell out just as fast no matter what day it is.

This is kind of a wake up call, I don’t really want to spend $70 on games anyways... maybe I’ll wait 6 months.

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean I don't think it makes much of a difference. It's not like distracting the focus is a bad thing, and their allocation is going to sell out regardless of when they start pre-orders . The fact that Amazon might be the only major retailer not starting to sell the system tonight means all the focus will be on them when they do start selling them. At the same time, I doubt Amazon will fuck up their websites the way all the others did.
Smart as in, little the other guys get hammered and shit on for releasing early.

You have to remember a few things about this generation though. Gaming is huge now. It was getting bigger during the PS4 launch, but it's gigantic now. The other thing is Covid. Say what you want about it, China was shut down for 02 months. That's 02 months of nothing be produced. Along with other countries shutting down, people sitting at home, more gamers, and the prices not terrible this go around, I wouldn't be surprised. I remember PS4 selling out within a day or two and a line around the store.
I mean you can never say never on anything but all preorders being gone within 10 minutes being online? I don’t buy it yet. If there was a way to bet money on that I would lol. I get the Covid thing is huge but I think it’s jumping the gun to say every preorder before release is taken up. PS4 had preorders later down the line before release.

I’m just saying I think people should chill just a little and wait at least a few days.

I mean you can never say never on anything but all preorders being gone within 10 minutes being online? I don’t buy it yet. If there was a way to bet money on that I would lol. I get the Covid thing is huge but I think it’s jumping the gun to say every preorder before release is taken up. PS4 had preorders later down the line before release.

I’m just saying I think people should chill just a little and wait at least a few days.
I do agree as well. Gamestop will always put a few aside to bundle with other things. People will get cancelled for not watching their card, and the initial numbers that Sony released should be their minimum amount available for preorders. Those numbers should change. But with the bots scalpers have now and just in general want for the consoles. People will have to stay vigilant.

They disputed that report this morning so original allocation stands. With demand being high though, I'm not sure they'd have been able to meet it regardless.
They just said that so it won’t hurt their stock price. You can deny reports especially if you haven’t confirmed how many will be available which is what Sony did.

How is walmart handling ps5 pre-order? I thought they are already sold out?
Their entire site didn't crash. So far they're in the lead. Target a close second. Gamestop at least got some orders, and best buy apparently never had more than 10 people on their site at once.

Digital is not sold out on Best Buy. It just keeps saying it is but if you keep checking it will go back in stock. No one is getting orders in there. The site is simply shit.

I managed to get a disc version from Target a couple of hours ago, but I'm trying to get the Digital version at BB so I can finally use some reward points I've been saving up all year.

Looks less stock for the digital version.

4cfd5cc1cfe02b5abdc4fcb10ce104d8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Their entire site didn't crash. So far they're in the lead. Target a close second. Gamestop at least got some orders, and best buy apparently never had more than 10 people on their site at once.
Yeah, i got my walmart order in pretty easily and then when i cherck again a bit later it just say sold out, no infinite checkout loop of givign peoepl false hope

It is entirely within the realm of possibility that they're waiting 3.5 hours more to flip the switch at midnight corporate time. I think they poorly executed this but I see no other reason why it's currently doing this when the rest of the site is completely functional.

Funny thing is that never had the issue when preordering the Switch back in 2017 from Best Buy
Yea, they aren't universally shitty. I managed a Zelda BOTW Master edition preorder from them. This is just a much bigger deal I guess. Not looking forward to 3080 tomorrow.

Looks less stock for the digital version.

4cfd5cc1cfe02b5abdc4fcb10ce104d8.jpg
Not surprised. The disk version is the one to get. But the digital one is a great deal. For a $100 more than the series S you’re getting a way better speced console with the digital Ps5.

This is under the shipping to section, not sure if this means anything or not. 

All of our pre-orders have been claimed, but we’ll email you when yours is ready for shipping or pickup.

This is under the shipping to section, not sure if this means anything or not.

All of our pre-orders have been claimed, but we’ll email you when yours is ready for shipping or pickup.
I’ve had that, then it goes back to the normal shipping message. I’ve even removed it and added back to my cart a couple times.

bread's done
Back