Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

Your fanboy shit in every thread you post in is wearing thin.
Fanboy? I call out both companies equally and hold both accountable as all consumers should be doing. The only people who are offended by my posts are the fanboys. I blame Phil Spencer for dropping the ball this generation and my PS4 Pro sounds like a piece of shit so I can't even enjoy games on that stupid $500 console. I just find it hilarious that Microsoft the software company actually makes the better hardware (consoles) and Sony the hardware company actually makes the better software (games).

Is it too much to ask to just stop being a bunch of hypocrites? We went from Xbox has no exclusives to please put your exclusives on PS4 lmao.

Fable without gameplay: BAD

God of War without gameplay: GOOD

Halo Cross-Gen: BAD

Spider Man, Horizon2 Cross-Gen: GOOD

Avowed for PC: BAD

Demons Souls for PC: GOOD

Game Pass with EA Play and over 200 games: BAD

PsPlus with 10 games: GOOD

Isn't MS losing money on gamepass, can't see them buying a studio helping much.

MS is fifthly rich, they could buy anything they want and can also afford to bleed money until gamepass makes money.

With Sony saying they spend millions developing their first party games, gamepass would never work.

If nothing else, I'm more impressed MS throwing money at xbox hasn't helped MS overtake Sony yet.

What PlayStation needs to do now, is buy Bioware, and make the Mass Effect Remaster and Mass Effect 4 exclusive to PS5.

Well, how do think it will go over if Sony ends up being the one denying their customer base Elder Scrolls 6 because they didn't want to play ball with Game Pass? Granted, I don't think MS is planning anything so sinister but it will erode at players who are tired of paying $70 for games to pick up game pass and play it on the platform they can. It would be a match made in heaven if I could sub to Game Pass and play on PS5 for me, because I'm that torn over the two right now. As it stands, the only reason I'm even getting a PS5 is for Demon's Souls. Guess who is getting my money largely beyond that for software. . .
I would totally take a ton of time analyzing if Game Pass was worth it, or if it would eventually undermine Sony completely as a gaming company. So yeah if I had all the tools available that Sony does and it seemed to risky I’d totally not jump on board just for Bethesda games.

Microsoft and Sony are competitors no matter what any spokesperson says, their goal is to have as much control in the market as possible, that’s why it you want at least some sort of a balance.

If they decide Game Pass would work then definitely get it, but there’s definitely a reason they don’t just jump on board right away.

Sony isn't buying anybody right now. All they can afford is timed and console exclusives. Much cheaper then buying a whole developer.

Isn't MS losing money on gamepass, can't see them buying a studio helping much.

MS is fifthly rich, they could buy anything they want and can also afford to bleed money until gamepass makes money.

With Sony saying they spend millions developing their first party games, gamepass would never work.

If nothing else, I'm more impressed MS throwing money at xbox hasn't helped MS overtake Sony yet.
I really think people are failing to see the bigger picture here, that the industry is changing rapidly and Sony has done nothing to move with it. My biggest complaint with Sony has been the absolute stagnation of first party games and a subscription that offers zero value to me. I've begrudgingly paid for PS+ year after year just to be able to play online, and the free games have always been either the $20 value bin trash or games I played years ago. Game Pass changed my perception of what the value of a subscription could be and I've been completely in love with the idea of if a game just isn't for me, I have no financial remorse for just uninstalling it. I've also played games I otherwise wouldn't have; the list of pros just goes on for me.

At the end of the day, I'm excited for these changes and will be all for it regardless of wherever I end up playing my games.

I really think people are failing to see the bigger picture here, that the industry is changing rapidly and Sony has done nothing to move with it. My biggest complaint with Sony has been the absolute stagnation of first party games and a subscription that offers zero value to me. I've begrudgingly paid for PS+ year after year just to be able to play online, and the free games have always been either the $20 value bin trash or games I played years ago. Game Pass changed my perception of what the value of a subscription could be and I've been completely in love with the idea of if a game just isn't for me, I have no financial remorse for just uninstalling it. I've also played games I otherwise wouldn't have; the list of pros just goes on for me.

At the end of the day, I'm excited for these changes and will be all for it regardless of wherever I end up playing my games.
I mean it’s possible that Sony just isn’t for you tbh. All consoles with the disc drives are going to absolutely destroy the digital only consoles in terms of sales.

People keep mistaking the Gaming Division as the same thing as the Movie/TV industry, they are not.

I mean it’s possible that Sony just isn’t for you tbh. All consoles with the disc drives are going to absolutely destroy the digital only consoles in terms of sales.

People keep mistaking the Gaming Division as the same thing as the Movie/TV industry, they are not.
The PS5 Digital only accounted for less than 1% of preorders according to both Cheapy and IGN Deals. It seems like that sku was only created to "launch at $400" like the PS4 and they are trying not to not piss off their retail partners by making so few available at launch.

https://twitter.com/CheapyD/status/1306626379526664195

The PS5 Digital only accounted for less than 1% of preorders according to both Cheapy and IGN Deals. It seems like that sku was only created to "launch at $400" like the PS4 and they are trying not to not piss off their retail partners by making so few available at launch.

The math on that seems very off.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad I was able to snag a Digital Edition then, hearing about the low numbers. I've been sliding towards digital only purchases for a while, and the $399 price tag only cemented that fact.

Is it too much to ask to just stop being a bunch of hypocrites? We went from Xbox has no exclusives to please put your exclusives on PS4 lmao.

Fable without gameplay: BAD

God of War without gameplay: GOOD

Halo Cross-Gen: BAD

Spider Man, Horizon2 Cross-Gen: GOOD

Avowed for PC: BAD

Demons Souls for PC: GOOD

Game Pass with EA Play and over 200 games: BAD

PsPlus with 10 games: GOOD
I mean... Fable is bad with or without gameplay because the series has been a shitshow for the past 5-10 years, but the last God of War was amazingly well received.

I saw people complaining about the cross-gen PS5 games, because they were rightfully upset that it'll probably hobble the PS5 versions.

I'm not sure what this avowed vs. Demon's Souls thing is, but I have a feeling Sony isn't putting Demon's Souls on PC because they have no interest in perpetuating the PC platform but microsoft owns the operating system and has a storefront?

Also I think everyone freely admits that game pass is amazing right now but seems utterly unsustainable in the long run at its current pricing. Almost everyone freely admits it's the best deal in gaming right now and the Playstation thread has had people complaining about PS+ for like a year, and most of the games that will be in the collection were already $5 or given away from PS+ ages ago... Frankly, the collection kinda sucks.

Your read of people's opinions is very strange.

Yep, I have to agree that this is a pivotal moment, and Sony is falling behind. It's becoming clear that they are at a financial disadvantage, and don't have anything like what MS has behind them in terms of technology and service capability.

You have to remember that they're a Japanese company as well. If you know about business and culture, you'll know that it's a hard road to really transform anything that's rooted in Tokyo. Look at Nintendo as well: services are not consumer friendly, value is driven by the big name stuff and kid market, which is their bread and butter. Sony needs to take a really, really hard look at the future of their business model, but honestly I fully expect them to continue down the same road and enter a slow decline. Which is a shame, because I don't want MS to take over gaming and be the big king shit, in the end they just turn everything into a revenue churn devoid of variety, and in the end, fun.

For those saying that Sony needs to look at their strategy, I would remind everyone of overall market share. I like what Microsoft is doing ... but let’s not pretend they’re the dominant player in 2020. They have more weight to throw around as a company, but charts like the one below show that Sony and Nintendo aren’t exactly dying with their current strategies.

Top-Three-Game-Console-Players-Sales-Forecast-in-million-units.png

Yep, I have to agree that this is a pivotal moment, and Sony is falling behind. It's becoming clear that they are at a financial disadvantage, and don't have anything like what MS has behind them in terms of technology and service capability.

You have to remember that they're a Japanese company as well. If you know about business and culture, you'll know that it's a hard road to really transform anything that's rooted in Tokyo. Look at Nintendo as well: services are not consumer friendly, value is driven by the big name stuff and kid market, which is their bread and butter. Sony needs to take a really, really hard look at the future of their business model, but honestly I fully expect them to continue down the same road and enter a slow decline. Which is a shame, because I don't want MS to take over gaming and be the big king shit, in the end they just turn everything into a revenue churn devoid of variety, and in the end, fun.
I mean, it still has to be seen that Sony can’t move 70 million + home consoles. PS4 and Switch sales didn’t fall of a cliff when GP came out and the demand for PS5 is through the roof but we’ll see.

I agree with what you said at the end. Buying up everything would limit consumers choices and suck out the fun of everything. Everything that’s been close to a monopoly where a company just buys up smaller companies has almost always turned to s***. EA used to not be that bad way way back, that track record speaks for itself. I’ve said it before on here but pretty much all sports franchises went extremely shady when Madden was the only football game and NBA 2K was the only basketball game.

If there

Yep. Lest to be any doubt, If the PS5 digital is only 1% of preorders then it's only because they didn't make many because they all sure as heck sold out.

A digital only console isn't the answer when you're raising game prices to $70, so it isn't surprising Sony is not only making fewer but there will also be fewer sold. What makes the Series S an attractive option is Game Pass. I'll be interested to see what Sony does with the PS+ collection. If they start putting their titles on it day 1, then they can easily get people to buy the digital only PS5. But we're probably a year or 2 away from that being an option (not saying that it will ever happen).

The time I willingly purchase a digital console will be the day that it is our only option and that's probably gonna be PS6

I doubt we'll be looking at solely digital consoles for a long, long time.  Maybe if it were any other country than america. But the reality in this country is that broadband availability ranks about the worst in the first world with large swaths of the population being unable to get access to fast or affordable internet.  It must break Microsoft's heart, but physical isn't going away in the US anytime soon.  Less than 1% of PS5 sales were digital? If that is the case, then I just don't see  in 6-7 years 100% of PS6 sales being digital. There's just no way.

I doubt we'll be looking at solely digital consoles for a long, long time. Maybe if it were any other country than america. But the reality in this country is that broadband availability ranks about the worst in the first world with large swaths of the population being unable to get access to fast or affordable internet. It must break Microsoft's heart, but physical isn't going away in the US anytime soon. Less than 1% of PS5 sales were digital? If that is the case, then I just don't see in 6-7 years 100% of PS6 sales being digital. There's just no way.
I think the 1% being digital PS5 has more to do with production of that particular console than the consumer's choice. It's sold out everywhere so if they produced as much as the disc version I'm betting it would still be sold out. The profit margin must be higher for the disc version so Sony produced less digital versions and pretty much have it so they can say $399

I have a digital-only console.  It's called a "PC".   The games often come in bundles and typically cost pennies on the dollar. 

But that's cool too if people don't want to own their $70 PS games.  :lol:

So just quickly looking at PS Now, it looks decent at first glance.

800+ games, $5 a month or $60 per year.

You can store PS4/PS2 games on the console, which guess works like PS+ games.

I think you can't store PS3 games, only stream.

Have heard it's hardware/software issue with ps4, maybe ps5 will allow it?

If they could bundle with PS+ at like $80 per year, would you consider it?

I mean... Fable is bad with or without gameplay because the series has been a shitshow for the past 5-10 years, but the last God of War was amazingly well received.

I saw people complaining about the cross-gen PS5 games, because they were rightfully upset that it'll probably hobble the PS5 versions.

I'm not sure what this avowed vs. Demon's Souls thing is, but I have a feeling Sony isn't putting Demon's Souls on PC because they have no interest in perpetuating the PC platform but microsoft owns the operating system and has a storefront?

Also I think everyone freely admits that game pass is amazing right now but seems utterly unsustainable in the long run at its current pricing. Almost everyone freely admits it's the best deal in gaming right now and the Playstation thread has had people complaining about PS+ for like a year, and most of the games that will be in the collection were already $5 or given away from PS+ ages ago... Frankly, the collection kinda sucks.

Your read of people's opinions is very strange.
Jim Ryan specifically said that Sony believed in generations and that Spider-Man and Horizon were only possible on PS5. The man straight faced lied to their entire 100+ million player base just so that he could sell some PS5 pre-orders. That's the kind of company you want to support? The man is more of a Snake Oil Salesman than Phil Spencer.

I'm not sure which planet you're living on but Sony has every intention of going after the PC market. They've released Horizon and Death Stranding so far. It makes sense to increase their profits and people who can afford to build a gaming PC usually don't buy a console. Will you eat some crow when Demon Souls eventually gets released on PC?

People keep saying that Gamepass is not sustainable but every year it just keeps growing. Maybe one day people will wake up and realize that they're wrong? Look at the most played games on steam and you will see that most of many of them are Microsoft games despite being able to play these games for free with gamepass. That implies that many do prefer to buy/own their games. It's weird I know. Not too mention all the money they make on DLC and microtransactions from these games just for being on gamepass.

Less than 2 months away from launch and still not a single review or PS5 is anywhere to be seen. No idea what's inside the box or if it sounds like another jet engine. Better hope this doesn't turn into another 360 RROD fiasco with dumb dumb Mark Cerny thinking it was a good idea to overclock their GPU so high that it's never been done before not even on a PC GPU without watercooling. No details on how backwards compatibly actually works but they want you to fork over $500 of your hard earned dollars. I don't know about you but that sounds shady AF! Good luck with that. Make sure you keep your receipts!

I doubt we'll be looking at solely digital consoles for a long, long time. Maybe if it were any other country than america. But the reality in this country is that broadband availability ranks about the worst in the first world with large swaths of the population being unable to get access to fast or affordable internet. It must break Microsoft's heart, but physical isn't going away in the US anytime soon. Less than 1% of PS5 sales were digital? If that is the case, then I just don't see in 6-7 years 100% of PS6 sales being digital. There's just no way.
There's no way that only 1% of the PS5 consoles sold were digital. Math alone should tell us that much. I know the disk is wildly more popular but less than 1% sold being digital is just silly, and .2% is insane.

Edit: Case in point...

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-09-21-playstation-5-digital-edition-stock-far-lower-than-standard-ps5-sources-say

"A source at one major UK retailer said their company's stock allocation had been around 25 per cent Digital Edition versus 75 per cent regular PS5, though this might vary slightly from store to store.

Other sources claimed the ratio was even higher, with ratios around 20 per cent Digital Edition to 80 per cent regular PS5 suggested.

Over the weekend, Ars Technica polled GameStop stores in the US and found a similar situation over the pond. Stock allocation for nine GameStop outlets across the country ranged from as low as 13 per cent Digital Edition up to 33 per cent, with an overall average of 25 per cent Digital Edition stock altogether."

That sounds about right. 1% clearly does not.

I think the 1% being digital PS5 has more to do with production of that particular console than the consumer's choice.
that statistic in that pic is literally just which version people posted on this website that they preordered

im seeing it all over the internet, and people are pretending "digital consoles are flopping, sweet!" its literally just CAG posts. like the rest of this site i never want an all digital gen but i dont like misinformation so im kinda sick of that graph.

So just quickly looking at PS Now, it looks decent at first glance.

800+ games, $5 a month or $60 per year.

You can store PS4/PS2 games on the console, which guess works like PS+ games.

I think you can't store PS3 games, only stream.

Have heard it's hardware/software issue with ps4, maybe ps5 will allow it?

If they could bundle with PS+ at like $80 per year, would you consider it?
You will never be able to play a PS3 game via backwards compatibility because there is no working emulator for it and you damn well know that Sony would be singing it from the rooftops if they did. I think they would just prefer to bury that ship.

That being said I read an extremely interesting article that seems to think that PS Now could easily rival game pass. I was shocked to learn that they had 800+ games. Maybe one of these days I will get around to giving the free trial a chance to see how it is.

https://www.tomsguide.com/news/playstation-now-xbox-game-pass-comparison

Jim Ryan specifically said that Sony believed in generations and that Spider-Man and Horizon were only possible on PS5. The man straight faced lied to their entire 100+ million player base just so that he could sell some PS5 pre-orders. That's the kind of company you want to support? The man is more of a Snake Oil Salesman than Phil Spencer.
Next you're going to tell me that Play Actually Does Have Limits. Mind blown.

I'm not sure which planet you're living on but Sony has every intention of going after the PC market. They've released Horizon and Death Stranding so far. It makes sense to increase their profits and people who can afford to build a gaming PC usually don't buy a console. Will you eat some crow when Demon Souls eventually gets released on PC?
Death Stranding wasn't put on PC by Sony. Kojima Productions is an independent studio, Sony only paid for an exclusivity period as part of their initial deal to help fund the game's development. On PC, 505 games published it. Horizon could be the start of a trend though... We'll have to wait and see. Maybe Demon's Souls will end up on PC, but I was only referring to the launch exclusivity.

People keep saying that Gamepass is not sustainable but every year it just keeps growing. Maybe one day people will wake up and realize that they're wrong? Look at the most played games on steam and you will see that most of many of them are Microsoft games despite being able to play these games for free with gamepass. That implies that many do prefer to buy/own their games. It's weird I know. Not too mention all the money they make on DLC and microtransactions from these games just for being on gamepass.
What you're describing is how tech products often introduce their products to the public. They start off generously to gain marketshare, then once they've acquired enough users the price gets jacked up. Giving people good deals at the beginning is basically an advertising expense. Steam sure was great before it got established, no one else sold games so cheaply when I built my first modern PC in 2011. Sony was hungry at the start of this generation, and Microsoft sure is trying hard now. I'm fairly confident the price will be raised, because the price always goes up once a product has a decent market share, but I obviously don't have a crystal ball.

Less than 2 months away from launch and still not a single review or PS5 is anywhere to be seen. No idea what's inside the box or if it sounds like another jet engine. Better hope this doesn't turn into another 360 RROD fiasco with dumb dumb Mark Cerny thinking it was a good idea to overclock their GPU so high that it's never been done before not even on a PC GPU without watercooling. No details on how backwards compatibly actually works but they want you to fork over $500 of your hard earned dollars. I don't know about you but that sounds shady AF! Good luck with that. Make sure you keep your receipts!
I've owned a Playstation 1, 2, 3, and 4. Playstation Portable. Playstation Vita... And even a Playstation (Vita) TV. So I have expectations based on personal experience of how things will go.

Still, things can always go wrong and there could be an issue like the RROD. My xbox 360 had such an issue and I had to send it away to get it repaired. My Switch had joycon drift. I once bought a GPU I had to RMA and even the replacement sucked. The curved monitor I got for Christmas 2018 got a really noticeable dead pixel within 3 months and ACER refused to replace it. These things happen.

At this point in time though, I have enough confidence from 30 years of playstation products that I'm not really worried about it. I don't understand why you're so fired up about this that you're calling Mark Cerny a 'dumb dumb.' I would recommend introspection about that.

The biggest problem with digital on consoles is there is rarely a deal on the prices.    It is right up there with the nintendo switch when it comes to price gouging.   No box,no shipping,no disk print label and they still want full price.   

Digital consoles will ever be fully accepted until they offer deals like the PC.   If a game is 60 digital should at least be 50.    

Where I think the sku confusion comes is mostly for kids,  mom goes to store and gets upsold on a digital.  ps5 you can't share games with your finds because they have the disk versions.    

So any news on preorders coming back?  

i’m leaning towards the digital only ps5 because it is
a) $100 less for a launch console that will surely be replaced by a slim and/or pro version.
b) i prefer digital convenience
c) my game buying habits will adjust (wait for sales) so the $70 msrp is irrelevant
d) buying used doesn’t really appeal (even less during covid) to me unless dirt cheap and my GS trading has mostly ended with the death of Elite pro’

As far as buying studios, I think that isn’t a good strategy. I think Sony/MS would be better served publishing hand picked “high quality” AAA and indie “must have” games instead of studios.

I have a digital-only console. It's called a "PC". The games often come in bundles and typically cost pennies on the dollar.

But that's cool too if people don't want to own their $70 PS games. :lol:
Can't ignore that PC has a different ecosystem. Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo are the only sellers of those products on their platforms. You can't shop for Switch games on the Switch from say Target, you have to use the eShop. They control their own prices so if they want to charge MSRP for games, they will.

Unlike PC where you can go to Steam, GMG, etc. for a plethora of different places selling keys.

Even though GameStop, Target, etc. sells digital codes, they don't promote them and barely ever sell them much less for a discount.

PC is great in this regard, but it's not happening with consoles and makes no sense to from the console creators perspective. They want to control those prices and aren't letting that go.

that statistic in that pic is literally just which version people posted on this website that they preordered

im seeing it all over the internet, and people are pretending "digital consoles are flopping, sweet!" its literally just CAG posts. like the rest of this site i never want an all digital gen but i dont like misinformation so im kinda sick of that graph.
That data is from the CAG affiliate link. It is not from post of CAG member that someone went through and count. IGN data is also gather from their affiliate link.

I’m curious how Xbox preorders will go. Last night’s announcement gave MS the boost they needed. Took a lot of wind out of Sony’s sails.

I’m curious how Xbox preorders will go. Last night’s announcement gave MS the boost they needed. Took a lot of wind out of Sony’s sails.
I don't think it will affect the average consumer's purchasing decision much. People want to play games. The sooner the better. If they had dropped the new ES or Starfield as an Xbox exclusive coming out at launch... that would be a different story. All of the big Bethesda games will no doubt be multi-platform anyway.

Oh didn't realize that. Just saw the graph and yes that information means nothing. You mean the users on a website dedicated to finding cheap game deals didn't buy the console where you can't play physical games. Shocking.

I don't think it will affect the average consumer's purchasing decision much. People want to play games. The sooner the better. If they had dropped the new ES or Starfield as an Xbox exclusive coming out at launch... that would be a different story. All of the big Bethesda games will no doubt be multi-platform anyway.
Unfortunately I seriously doubt Bethesda games will be multi platform. Ms bought them to improve game pass selections and have more Xbox exclusives. Let’s be real up until yesterday Xbox had no good exclusive in the works. This deal gave MS several years of content in development. It was a good buy....granted MS is a 1.5 trillion dollar business so a 7.5 billion deal is chump change.

People who get that upset over stuff need to get a life, seriously. This is how I envision way to much of America. There aren’t that many real threats or issues in the country so we make some up of our own to fill the need for drama.

Unfortunately I seriously doubt Bethesda games will be multi platform. Ms bought them to improve game pass selections and have more Xbox exclusives. Let’s be real up until yesterday Xbox had no good exclusive in the works. This deal gave MS several years of content in development. It was a good buy....granted MS is a 1.5 trillion dollar business so a 7.5 billion deal is chump change.
They still make a lot of $$$ releasing multi-plat. At most, there will be timed exclusivity. Their main goal is to beef up Game Pass and XCloud with hopes of making it the ubiquitous streaming game platform... which can be integrated on all platforms – all consoles, computers, phones, refrigerators, etc. They are supporting Xbox as a brand, not a tv computer box anymore.

Anyone who thought people who pre ordered on Antonline was being scammed. Its an official retailer for the xbox series x so im sure its a solid site to get a ps5 as well. https://www.xbox.com/en-US/where-to-buy
I agree but won’t lie I had never heard of them prior to this ps5 release. I think another flag for people was their ordering process prompts credit/payment info entry prior to shipping details ( from what others and friends that were debating said.) I took another CAG’s advice and did PayPal so I have another party involved in case of any issues; this bypassed the address and payment prompts since all verified from PayPal previously.

I think they are legit but won’t lie I still have concerns:
1) my order went in early Saturday Morning after it had been up for a long time. Did they oversell or possibly even sell their 2nd allocation of units? Speculative at this point based on how many people are canceling orders from them and/or were having orders denied payment.
2) communication- I oddly got a 2nd confirmation email yesterday with the exact same information after submitting my order on Saturday. (FYI and friends asked how quickly I got confirmation email, but it comes within 2-3 mins after order submitted so that seemed ok.) I just wonder now how they r notification will be once it ships and more when it ships- could be before date of release, on, or even after if they oversold.

We are working from home so delivery shouldn’t be an issue once I know to expect it and have good relationships with delivery drivers and neighbors. I guess we shall see!

Preorders for XBoXX and XBoXS look to be working on Best Buy a few hours after launch. I guess if I get really impatient on PS5s, I can always defect to MS land.

bread's done
Back