Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

Of all the retailers I trust walmart the least. Pre-ordered the minute they went live in September and the order was canceled within 5 minutes. Said payment issue but thats a lie as the card worked othwr places.

I guess that was the last batch too...there isn't a notice about more stock in 3 hours, just a button to get alerted when in stock.

Well, also got it in the cart and got the deer of death before I could check out. I have a series x still reserved at Best Buy do I settle for that or wait?

I guess that was the last batch too...there isn't a notice about more stock in 3 hours, just a button to get alerted when in stock.
Right, which is why I'm trying to figure when Sony Direct will go live tomorrow -- if there was a consistent time between yesterday and today

Should I have been spamming refresh while on the last phase? Place Order? Instead of letting it successfully load?

I'm guessing Black Friday is going to be the next shitshow availability window. I'm guessing most stores will probably get 1 or 2 to advertise to get people in the store and then tell them they're SOL as they only had a couple.

I'm guessing Black Friday is going to be the next shitshow availability window. I'm guessing most stores will probably get 1 or 2 to advertise to get people in the store and then tell them they're SOL as they only had a couple.
Sounds about right. I'll just wait until these are gathering dust on the shelves I guess. If Sony wanted me to have one, they would have planned this shit out better.

I had it in the cart from 6pm and still couldn't check out lol
I've had this and the XSX in cart and in a position to place order multiple times at multiple stores between pre-ordering and this week, and all I ever got was a spinner and an eventual OOS we're moving it to your saved items and out of your cart notification.

Sounds about right. I'll just wait until these are gathering dust on the shelves I guess. If Sony wanted me to have one, they would have planned this shit out better.
I know it wasn't their fault completely, but I still laught/cry at the thought of them saying "we won't just drop the pre-orders from out of nowhere, they'll be available tomorrow" and then about an hour or so later they're already sold out at every store you can get them from. I'm going to try Target early in the morning, as I've heard people say that Target put out the XSX yesterday and if that fails I'm just going to resign myself to not getting one this year

Finally. Hallelujah! After 3 failed attempts earlier today on Walmart, got the 4th attempt at 9pm to finally go through. Avoided the computer and a web browser and used only the Walmart app to order. Got 3 failed submit orders and then the final one went through to confirmation. I got the trinity of X/S/PS5. Best of luck to everyone out there.

P.S. F*ck all the bots and people buying multiples here for “co-workers”. Just got one each for my 2 boys and I.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got one from walmart best thing was leaving the order page from 3 hours ago open only got to the confirm address and just refreshing Hot Tip for future batches if done the same. Few retries of payment and captchas and got to the thank you page with email confirm.

I know it wasn't their fault completely, but I still laught/cry at the thought of them saying "we won't just drop the pre-orders from out of nowhere, they'll be available tomorrow" and then about an hour or so later they're already sold out at every store you can get them from. I'm going to try Target early in the morning, as I've heard people say that Target put out the XSX yesterday and if that fails I'm just going to resign myself to not getting one this year
Am seeing quite a few in stock at nearby Targets as well -- of course, online Target ordering is not happening, but maybe a brick & mortar run wouldn't be a bad idea

Finally. Hallelujah! After 3 failed attempts earlier today on Walmart, got the 4th attempt at 9pm to finally go through. Avoided the computer and a web browser and used only the Walmart app to order. Got 3 failed submit orders and then the final one went through to confirmation. I got the trinity of X/S/PS5. Best of luck to everyone out there.

P.S. F*ck all the bots and people buying multiples here for “co-workers”. Just got one each for my 2 boys and I.
Same here! Was surprised and relieved when the order finally checked out and I got a confirmation number! Man, what a hassle this was.

Got one from walmart best thing was leaving the order page from 3 hours ago open only got to the confirm address and just refreshing Hot Tip for future batches if done the same. Few retries of payment and captchas and got to the thank you page with email confirm.
Did the exact same, was sitting on the confirm address page when this latest round began ... ah well

Just looked on Brickseek and it appears that a store a little ways away has XSX's in stock, so I wonder if they're not showing stock on the first day and then are going to? It's worth a try to check tomorrow to see if anyone has a PS5 randomly in stock

Remember the good ol' days when you could walk into a Toys R Us and preorder an N64 or PS2 months in advance? Obviously it was going to be different this year due to Covid, but launches have been bad for quite awhile now, like having to camp out for a Wii preorder.
Yep, I remember. N64 had TWO launch games for an entire month: Mario and Pilotwings. PS2 had retailer allocations cut in half so 50% of those pre-orders were delayed for months. Oh yes, I do remember the "good ol' days". . .

As for this launch, the retailers in 1st place to last are:

1. Best Buy: Can't beat 7AM curbside pickup with barely any wait time.
  2. Walmart: Once again delivered by 10AM via FedEx.
  3. Amazon: 5PM delivery via UPS.
  4. Target: Shipped today finally with an expected delivery of 11/18. That schedule may change but they completely missed launch day making them the worst. So much for that free "Red Card" delivery.

Quite the week: Tuesday got an X1X with AC Valhalla (amazing game BTW), Today got PS5 with Demon's Souls (about to dive into here in a minute), and tomorrow iPhone 12 Pro Max in sweet Pacific Blue. After a shitty year that is 2020, I'd say we deserve some respite like this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, I remember. N64 had TWO launch games for an entire month: Mario and Pilotwings. PS2 had retailer allocations cut in half so 50% of those pre-orders were delayed for months. Oh yes, I do remember the "good ol' days". . .
I still play Mario 64 and I still find it more fun then most modern games. Those 100% definitely were the good old days.

My ps5 has now hard powered off twice while playing Godfall. It won't turn back on for about 10 minutes as well. System has plenty of airflow and doesn't feel hot, but that's usually what electronics do when they are overheating. 

My ps5 has now hard powered off twice while playing Godfall. It won't turn back on for about 10 minutes as well. System has plenty of airflow and doesn't feel hot, but that's usually what electronics do when they are overheating.

Wasent there pics of the ps5 over heating and it read on the screen it needed to cool off.

Did it give you a warning before it did? Almost sounds more like a power supply issue than overheating.

Does the Target B2G1 work on Demon's Souls in-store? I'm not seeing any exclusions on the web ad.
A few people on here have said that they asked and had it manually overridden to allow Demon Souls, Miles and Godfall but I'm sure your mileage may vary on it and it's probably best to do it today if you can just in case they send out a company wide memo to not allow them.

Actually yeah I remember it being way easier to get a PS4 and 3. Was able to just go to Gamestop not even the first day and simply preorder.

With PS5 the preorder window was garbage and the release was garbage only benefiting bots and people able to just sit at their computers all day.

No warning. Screen goes black and then the system powers off (not powers down) about 10 seconds later.
I've had this happen to me as I played Demon's Souls. I had my external HD from my PS4 hooked up and it was downloading a bunch of updates when what you described happened. Had to manually turn off and turn back on the PS5 by pressing the front button. PS5 then proceeded to rebuild it's database and has been functional ever since.

For people who ordered on PS Direct, what are shipping times like? I'll be leaving town on November 22... if I get an order placed tomorrow, would it arrive in time?

S

Sounds bad didn't have time to try mine yet, hope that's not a general issue. What will you do?

My PS direct order from last night shipped today with expected delivery of 11/16. Apparently if you have PS+, you get upgraded to expedited for free.

I've had this happen to me as I played Demon's Souls. I had my external HD from my PS4 hooked up and it was downloading a bunch of updates when what you described happened. Had to manually turn off and turn back on the PS5 by pressing the front button. PS5 then proceeded to rebuild it's database and has been functional ever since.
One of the reddit threads someone posted their ps5 completely bricking, started with weird power issues i believe. They had a long back and forth with Sony Australia, wasnt a good outcome the last time i checked.

I heard B2G1 free is also on Target next week ad, hopefully they start relaxing the restriction.
Hoping the same thing because I'd like to get Miles Morales Ultimate, Demon's Souls and Sackboy Adventures. Already got Demon's Souls from Best Buy using the $10 bonus reward cert they sent out but I can return the Target copy to them.

Looks like Asktarget twitter confirmed PS5s would be available for in store purchase "after launch day" if any stock is available.

Where do you see that?
https://twitter.com/AskTarget/status/1327095993523990529. Some people are saying different targets are doing things different (some opening early apparently) I called my local one that ive been tracking the stock even before launch and the electronics guys did confirm they will do instore purchasing tomorrow also told me "the 14 we have are for pre orders and theyre first come first serve" but I know forshure those arent secured (he didnt know) because the mystore app was very accurate with each drop last night and I saw them disappear immediately which each drop.

bread's done
Back