Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

Lol this is pretty funny. Totally slept on this one and looks like nobody has had luck yet and when I refresh pages it's like a slot machine of either: it's crowded in here, the site is down, an error occurred, product page with 'Coming Soon', product page with 'Sold Out'. I did have a digital system in my cart at one point but it refused to let me pick it up even 65mi away. I'm not so sure they're sold out or have even been able to sell many at this point.

They are the worst retailer for this by far this season. Embarrassing.

Should I leave the bundle in my cart or remove it and try for others? Now the site is letting me choose stores all over again and shows all of them have it in stock but then boots me back to choose a store.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those of you who got one, was it through the mobile app or online through a PC? I never once saw an add to cart option in the last hour.

Must have refreshed hundreds of times on the Digital and Standard console.
I use the mobile app to add to the cart and PC for checkout.

Lol this is pretty funny. Totally slept on this one and looks like nobody has had luck yet and when I refresh pages it's like a slot machine of either: it's crowded in here, the site is down, an error occurred, product page with 'Coming Soon', product page with 'Sold Out'. I did have a digital system in my cart at one point but it refused to let me pick it up even 65mi away. I'm not so sure they're sold out or have even been able to sell many at this point.

They are the worst retailer for this by far this season. Embarrassing.
Have you tried WalMart? theirs was more frustrating for me.

Those of you who got one, was it through the mobile app or online through a PC? I never once saw an add to cart option in the last hour.
Must have refreshed hundreds of times on the Digital and Standard console.
I used a PC and refreshed a couple hundred times probably. I would get the check out and it would kick me...finally got through on the 5th checkout attempt.

I managed to snag one in Socal.  I'm using a PC.  The app on mobile is worthless right now  Basically I kept trying different locations until it gave me the add to cart button.  There were a couple of times where I had the add to cart button but it would give me an error and I'd have to wait until I got the button again.  Once I was able to add to cart, I would get an error that it was no longer in stock when I tried to checkout.  I kept that screen open and repeatedly would hit the checkout button.  Eventually (as more stock must have come in that store) it let it go through to checkout.  It is supposed to be available for pickup on Saturday.

Have you tried WalMart? theirs was more frustrating for me.
Walmart is frustrating, but works. They sell out in minutes, maybe even seconds BUT they do sell out. Best Buy can't even manage that and leaves people hanging for HOURS just to have the exact same result. I'm still not convinced BB even sold out and will relaunch at some point today.

Was able to get digital console from BB using browser on phone. Friends who were doing the same at the same time didn't have the luck I had. Not sure if it was store dependent. Tried adding regular console to cart at the same time but I got the error message. Didn't refresh and waited for the gray Please Wait button to turn back to the yellow Add to Cart button a second time.

OF course their chat is down. I am wondering if I leave the items in my cart since I got passed the verify part, if I will be able to get one once they do go back in stock.

Walmart is frustrating, but works. They sell out in minutes, maybe even seconds BUT they do sell out. Best Buy can't even manage that and leaves people hanging for HOURS just to have the exact same result. I'm still not convinced BB even sold out and will relaunch at some point today.
I see what you are saying. I was able to get one from best buy week of thanksgiving and it was really smooth. The announced time thing kills all these retailers. Walmart I have tried every-time since launch and never get passed the oh deer. That one drop i was there all 4 times for the announced times and it was brutal. I was able to get a Series X from walmart on local pickup on launch day but PS5's have been not even close kind of thing. (OH DEER!) I really am just trying to help out a friend i work with get one for his son but man what a demand.

I’m thinking you’re right their will be more bb drops today. They should have done an unannounced drop at a random time.

A looping captcha that will not allow me to pass.  I guess they put this up and it is not working properly for me.

Welp walmart was a joke.

Jan 7th delivery, then jan 8th, then jan 9th then can't add.

i landed a disc PS5 via the Walmart mobile app for delivery on 1/8/21. I kept getting "this item is out of stock" but I kept trying and it actually went through around 4:03 Central. Made sure to not use a CC that might need verification. I'm pretty shocked!

Can't believe I'm saying this, but I got one for delivery on Jan. 9th.  Unfuckingbelievable.

The kids at the orphanage are going to be so happy.

I had one in my cart at BBY but it never let me check out.  Kept going out of stock even as I picked different locations.  WM straight to sold out.  Says Jan 8th arrival anyways, lol.  

So Sony Direct Q later today and maybe a couple other times this week?  Is target going to get one last stock up?  Might be screwed here.

I managed to get one from walmart!!!! Estimated delivery for me is Jan 9. I made sure to save my CC info with my walmart account weeks ago, so all i had to do was enter the CVC at checkout. It kept showing me an ad to cart buttom at first, but kept giving an error, kept refreshing, and one of my "add to cart" clicks went thru. Immediately checked out.

I was hoping to actually buy it from BestBuy, I have $600 in gift cards there.

was anyone able to get a ps5? This item was not added to your cart. This item has just gone out of stock.
Yeah, some of us are getting them. Just kept spamming refresh---add to cart.

Website didn't get hung up on any of the check out questions either like it did the other eight times my son and I tried for the last month. Confirmation email received as well.

bread's done
Back