Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

I'd keep the Pro. I'm using mine for PS4 games that are in my backlog and have no business being on a PS5. Plus my Pro has a 2TB HD while the PS5 only has 600GB.
Or you can put your PS4 games on the 2TB external HDD and hook it up to the PS5. I have 4TB full of PS4 games on the external HDD setup as an extended storage. PS4 games being play with bad loading times only get move to the PS5 SSD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Scored one from Amazon. Now to sell my PS4 Pro...

edit...was sitting on almost $500+ credit for Amazon too. So it's almost "free". Merry frakkin Xmas to me, you filthy animals.
Now is the time to sell your PS4 Pro. I just sold mine locally for $365. $135 to upgrade to a PS5 which plays PS4 games better, new warranty, plays 4k Blu-ray, is a no brainer. If you can get anywhere close to that, sell that sucker and never look back.

Or you can put your PS4 games on the 2TB external HDD and hook it up to the PS5. I have 4TB full of PS4 games on the external HDD setup as an extended storage. PS4 games being play with bad loading times only get move to the PS5 SSD.
Haven’t considered that though is need to buy an external adaptor or a new external HD. My Pro is the god of war limited edition, which made it easy for me to decide to keep it. I did sell my original PS4 to a friend when I got GoW Pro.

Now is the time to sell your PS4 Pro. I just sold mine locally for $365. $135 to upgrade to a PS5 which plays PS4 games better, new warranty, plays 4k Blu-ray, is a no brainer. If you can get anywhere close to that, sell that sucker and never look back.
I’m looking to sell mine and my psvr before I get a ps5. What site did you use?

I made the mistake of hanging onto my 60gb original fat PS3 when I got my ps4 pro. Not going to do that again.

Gamestop is allegedly offering 325 tic. I'll go that route today since I hate selling things online.

Also..wtf but it took almost 3 hours for the reset/wipe last night. I had no idea...

I’m looking to sell mine and my psvr before I get a ps5. What site did you use?
I used offerup because I did not want to ship and wanted to get cash so no one can pull anything. You can at least be a little picky and work with people who have feedback and not a brand new account. Very easy and just met at a police station. YMMV, but I've seen people here terrified of meeting a stranger. Just use common sense, go to a police station, and go during the day. Good luck!

I kept my PS4 when the wife kicks me out of the room for taking too much I can use remote play from the living room and access the PS5 from there, pretty cool feature. Also when I have friends over I have like 400 games in PS4 so yeah. PS5 is only for me :)

PS4 until the PS5 Slim comes out. By then PS5 will actually have games on it that aren't PS4 enhancements. Other than 4K, faster load times and 60fps (all which I don't care about) What's the difference between PS4 and PS5? Graphics look the same.

PS4 until the PS5 Slim comes out. By then PS5 will actually have games on it that aren't PS4 enhancements. Other than 4K, faster load times and 60fps (all which I don't care about) What's the difference between PS4 and PS5? Graphics look the same.

I personally like the dual sense rumble features they’ve added in, especially the resistive triggers but I get what you mean, if you don’t care for any of those other features there’s no point

Redacted

This is just how video games will be now. Graphical improvements will be minimal from now on. Also, many gamers would prefer a solid 60fps and fast load times over better graphics. The difference for many, between 30 and 60 fps, is huge.

That being said, show me a game on the graphical level of Demon’s Souls on PS4…?

I really wanted to love the PS5 but there wasn’t anything pulling me in. As an adult, I don’t need that much to play at once and the amount of games that almost require daily logins means even less time for variety.

I am waiting on Gran Turismo 7 though and will probably buy it back then. I am kinda shocked that a used PS5 still fetched $800. At this point, selling off the PS4 Pro is tempting too, with those approaching $350-400.

I really wish Sony would do something like Gamepass, or bring some old IPs forward soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really wanted to love the PS5 but there wasn’t anything pulling me in. As an adult, I don’t need that much to play at once and the amount of games that almost require daily logins means even less time for variety.

I am waiting on Gran Turismo 7 though and will probably buy it back then. I am kinda shocked that a used PS5 still fetched $800. At this point, selling off the PS4 Pro is tempting too, with those approaching $350-400.

I really wish Sony would do something like Gamepass, or bring some old IPs forward soon.

If you have a decent PC, I'd highly recommend a month of Game Pass for Forza Horizon 5. I played GT back when it was a brand new franchise and I can see serious shades of that game in FH5 when it comes to tuning and realism for cars. It might win you over, if you've not already tried/played it.

If you have a decent PC, I'd highly recommend a month of Game Pass for Forza Horizon 5. I played GT back when it was a brand new franchise and I can see serious shades of that game in FH5 when it comes to tuning and realism for cars. It might win you over, if you've not already tried/played it.
Oh I’m well into the Forza universe on my XSX. That was what I was alluding to as keeping me occupied. Don’t think I can top anything that console can do with a 1080ti though haha.

Still eager for GT7.

Ugh went to Amazon book store today and saw they have PS5 on display. Rushed to check out and saw the person in front of me had just bought the last PS5…it was painful to watch..

Sometimes Amazon makes 0 sense. But I'm patiently waiting on the PS5 delivery.

Screenshot-20211128-140611-Amazon-Shopping.jpg

San Pablo is the town next door, Tracy is about 60 miles way.

My timer stopped moving
If stuck at 10min the ticket bugged you out might as well open new incognito tab or other browser and get new timer happened to me on first wave with a your in line 11 min wait all way down to 1min to get stuck at 10min. New tab new timer with sold out message and got in even after that first tab still bug at 10min.

My timer stopped moving
I had the same issue on my PC (using chrome). Timer said 15 minutes originally, got down to 1 minute, then jumped to 10 minutes and never moved again.

Oddly enough, on my phone I then pulled up the Walmart app and went to the PS5 product page, and it gave me a wait time of 25 minutes. Once I hit 10 minutes, it then changed status and said it was my turn to buy. I'm not sure if the app recognized that I was already in line or whether it just put me in line again, but I managed to get one through the app.

If others are looking to get in on the next restock, maybe try the app? I've tried getting one through the web site a few times now, and my wait timer always got stuck. Maybe just luck, but my first attempt using the app worked.

Survived Walmart+, now I just gotta survive FedEx contract drivers. War isn't over yet.
I was worried about that too. Especially when the FedEX driver pulled up outside and sat in my driveway shuffling around in the back of the truck for a suspiciously long period of time. I got worried and went out to ask what was going on. When I was told that they lost one of my packages, I got really concerned. Turns out the lost package was something my wife had ordered. My PS5 was safe and sound. Big scare though.

I was worried about that too. Especially when the FedEX driver pulled up outside and sat in my driveway shuffling around in the back of the truck for a suspiciously long period of time. I got worried and went out to ask what was going on. When I was told that they lost one of my packages, I got really concerned. Turns out the lost package was something my wife had ordered. My PS5 was safe and sound. Big scare though.
Actually, same for me. The app worked for me.

Ordered a PS5 bundle from Sams. Couldn’t get my aunt on the phone at that hour so I shipped it to me. Took the loss based on cash app fees and FedEx shipping.

Was supposed to be delivered last Tuesday.

Was confirmed stolen today. Got dammit man

this sounds like something that will not work as intended, and will in fact make consoles even harder to get online.

also, wtf

In Japan, retailers are taking matters into their own hands, with some now taking action by marking or destroying sold consoles’ packaging.

Last month, Japanese retail chain Nojima Denki implemented a new policy designed to combat re-sellers, which saw it write the buyer’s name on the side of PlayStation 5 boxes, as well as destroying the packaging for the controller.

this sounds like something that will not work as intended, and will in fact make consoles even harder to get online.

also, wtf

In Japan, retailers are taking matters into their own hands, with some now taking action by marking or destroying sold consoles’ packaging.
Last month, Japanese retail chain Nojima Denki implemented a new policy designed to combat re-sellers, which saw it write the buyer’s name on the side of PlayStation 5 boxes, as well as destroying the packaging for the controller.

I seen this. This will be gamestop new policy as they just send "new" used stuff to your house.

It took a while, but I finally managed to get an order in. Stores will be opening soon, so hopefully it won't be too long before I get my ready for pickup email.

The GameStop associate I spoke with today said they’re having an in-store restock on December 17, but warned that I’d have to line up before the store opening to have a chance.

I’ll wait until next year or 2023 if necessary, but I’m not camping out at a store to get a console.

The GameStop associate I spoke with today said they’re having an in-store restock on December 17, but warned that I’d have to line up before the store opening to have a chance.

I’ll wait until next year or 2023 if necessary, but I’m not camping out at a store to get a console.
I camped all night at Toys R Us for an Xbox 360. It was cold as fuck, and we all agreed on a part of the building to piss on. I’d do it again.

Camping out is better than battling bots online for a year.

I really have to ask... are you serious or trolling?

Camping out is how you got consoles back in the day, ESPECIALLY during the holidays. Back in the 90s and 2000s, you'd line up at 3am or even the night before. Hell, I lined up early and even had preorders for said store, just to be there at the launch day.

If kids these days complain about camping out, I'm not long for this world...

Obligatory six miles each way, uphill both ways in snow just to go to school...

I camped all night at Toys R Us for an Xbox 360. It was cold as fuck, and we all agreed on a part of the building to piss on. I’d do it again.
Did this for a Wii at a Best Buy that holiday season they were impossible to get. Brought my gameboy SP and played pokemon pinball all night long. The pee spot was around the corner in the dark where there were no street lights cause we got paranoid about police lol. Haven't thought about that in years.

I really have to ask... are you serious or trolling?

Camping out is how you got consoles back in the day, ESPECIALLY during the holidays. Back in the 90s and 2000s, you'd line up at 3am or even the night before. Hell, I lined up early and even had preorders for said store, just to be there at the launch day.

If kids these days complain about camping out, I'm not long for this world...

Obligatory six miles each way, uphill both ways in snow just to go to school...
Nobody had to worry about covid back then either.

bread's done
Back