Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

People in this thread will announce how their new console has collected dust for months and then also deride people not willing to camp for one. That’s some real psychopathic shit right there. “I’m not long for this world.” Ok, Shakespeare.

Nobody had to worry about covid back then either.
Not intending to start any covid debates; camping/lining up outdoors isn't generally a risk for covid. Now indoors, such as inside a mall, that's another story.

People in this thread will announce how their new console has collected dust for months and then also deride people not willing to camp for one. That’s some real psychopathic shit right there. “I’m not long for this world.” Ok, Shakespeare.
I did purchase the PS5 earlier in the year. It sat "collecting dust" for a month because I was debating on returning it since there were no games available exclusive to the PS5 until Returnal came out. I'd rather someone else walk in a buy it as I loathe flippers. That and I work 50-60 hours a week average doesn't leave me a lot of free time unfortunately.

Camping out is part of the fun. I have so many memories throughout the decades lining up for console releases. The Dreamcast event at EB Games on 9/9 is probably my fondest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone that picks up a PS5 should grab Deathloop.  Preview after preview the game never appealed to me.  The idea of a rogue like game just never did anything for me.  When the perfect reviews started dropping I pad a little more attention to it, but quickly saw a lot of people online bashing it and saying the game sucks.  So I stopped paying attention to it again.  When it went on sale for $25 for Black Friday I decided to pick it up but figured I would put it into my backlog and never touch it.  For some reason when it came in the mail I decided to load it up and give it a try.  I almost quit at least 3 times in the first 2 hours frustrated at getting slaughtered every time a big group of enemies spotted me and having to start over.  I'm glad I stuck with it because now that I've explored things further and have started to learn a lot of the secrets of the enemies it just might be my favorite next gen game I've played so far.

Did this for a Wii at a Best Buy that holiday season they were impossible to get. Brought my gameboy SP and played pokemon pinball all night long. The pee spot was around the corner in the dark where there were no street lights cause we got paranoid about police lol. Haven't thought about that in years.
LOL, I walked a couple of miles down to the North Ave. Best Buy in Chicago to wait in line for a Wii; after wasting hours in the freezing cold, it turned out I was 155 in line, and they had 153 units available. I walked home, dejected, tired and frozen, and idly got on my computer. Somehow, against all odds, I happened to land on Amazon during the 15-second window or whatever in which they had stock and had actually released them for sale, and snagged one that way. I still remember laughing at all the irate messages from people who didn't, squalling about how they had gone through 2 pots of coffee while ctrl-F5ing all night waiting for Amazon, only to miss out, having fallen ass-backwards into one there out of sheer luck. Of course, it turned out that once you beat Twilight Princess and rolled a 300 in bowling there was jack shit to do with it, but c'est la vie.

Did this for a Wii at a Best Buy that holiday season they were impossible to get. Brought my gameboy SP and played pokemon pinball all night long. The pee spot was around the corner in the dark where there were no street lights cause we got paranoid about police lol. Haven't thought about that in years.
That’s a good wee story about getting a wii! No joke don’t ever get caught peeing in public. Cops usually right you up for public exposure which is a sex crime and puts you on a registry. I had a buddy spend $5000 in fines to avoid that…all for peeing behind a dumpster.

Anyone that picks up a PS5 should grab Deathloop. Preview after preview the game never appealed to me. The idea of a rogue like game just never did anything for me. When the perfect reviews started dropping I pad a little more attention to it, but quickly saw a lot of people online bashing it and saying the game sucks. So I stopped paying attention to it again. When it went on sale for $25 for Black Friday I decided to pick it up but figured I would put it into my backlog and never touch it. For some reason when it came in the mail I decided to load it up and give it a try. I almost quit at least 3 times in the first 2 hours frustrated at getting slaughtered every time a big group of enemies spotted me and having to start over. I'm glad I stuck with it because now that I've explored things further and have started to learn a lot of the secrets of the enemies it just might be my favorite next gen game I've played so far.
You'll change your mind when you get to the ending.

Deathloop is my absolute favorite game from this year.  So much style to the world and back and forth banter between Colt and Juliana.

But I do love all Arkane games too...   but it's truly good stuff.

highly recommend the Sabrent heatsink for anyone's eventual PS5 ssd m.2 upgrade!    installs like a charm and helps keep the air temps cool i put in sabrent rocket 4 plus ssd

highly recommend the Sabrent heatsink for anyone's eventual PS5 ssd m.2 upgrade! installs like a charm and helps keep the air temps cool i put in sabrent rocket 4 plus ssd
I used the Samsung 980 Pro with built-in heatsink. I transferred all the PS5 games from my internal ssd to the Samsung so now my system is good to go. That Samsung one is pretty excellent too, expensive but worth it so far

The Sabrent heatsink has so much thermal padding (like 1/4 cm) that I'm a little doubtful of how well it works. I installed it but I haven't used my PS5 for anything yet.

Edit: Maybe it was thinner than that, but it's a much thicker layer of thermal foam than I expected coming from CPU thermal grease.

Edit 2: Supposedly, 2 mm.

I put the WD Black SN850 (1TB) into my PS5 and used a heatsink from Amazon...with all 4 screws it didn't fit into the casing, but removing two from one of the sides helped.  Wish i had waited a week or two and pulled the trigger on the 2TB model when it was on sale, with the extra 15% off from Best Buy recycle coupon. 

Oh well, I'll wait a couple years for the prices to go down to snag one.  For now, the 1TB is holding up well. 

Anyone that picks up a PS5 should grab Deathloop. Preview after preview the game never appealed to me. The idea of a rogue like game just never did anything for me. When the perfect reviews started dropping I pad a little more attention to it, but quickly saw a lot of people online bashing it and saying the game sucks. So I stopped paying attention to it again. When it went on sale for $25 for Black Friday I decided to pick it up but figured I would put it into my backlog and never touch it. For some reason when it came in the mail I decided to load it up and give it a try. I almost quit at least 3 times in the first 2 hours frustrated at getting slaughtered every time a big group of enemies spotted me and having to start over. I'm glad I stuck with it because now that I've explored things further and have started to learn a lot of the secrets of the enemies it just might be my favorite next gen game I've played so far.
So everyone should try a game that isn't appealing, requires perseverance to get through, and people have stated sucks. Seems like quite the barrier to entry.

thumbs-up-agree.gif

So everyone should try a game that isn't appealing, requires perseverance to get through, and people have stated sucks. Seems like quite the barrier to entry.

thumbs-up-agree.gif
This is what I’m worried about with this game and Returnal. Hearing about the gameplay I don’t know if I’ll have the patience for it. I remember hating Majoras Mask back in the day because you keep playing the same day.

This is what I’m worried about with this game and Returnal. Hearing about the gameplay I don’t know if I’ll have the patience for it. I remember hating Majoras Mask back in the day because you keep playing the same day.
Personally Returnal was my GOTY, deathloop I couldn't get through though, the enemies just felt too easy and I got bored very fast, it felt like you got insanely powerful very fast to the point that the game was like a power fantasy where you're just figuring how you're going to kill the enemies this time because you have 3x lives and an arsenal of weapons. and if you dont play online Juliana is also fairly easy, she may get the jump on you once in a while but I remember one time after she killed me and I respawned, she was standing over my dead body in the distance and one sniper shot to the head took care of her.

thumbs-up-agree.gif
Life is too short to force yourself through any game so do what you like. I just beat it last night and now I'm bummed it's over I wanted more and loved every minute of it...after the first hour.

I just got my ps5 on Friday and have been playing through GoW again. Maybe I’ll pick up Returnal so i can try an actual ps5 game

Personally Returnal was my GOTY, deathloop I couldn't get through though, the enemies just felt too easy and I got bored very fast, it felt like you got insanely powerful very fast to the point that the game was like a power fantasy where you're just figuring how you're going to kill the enemies this time because you have 3x lives and an arsenal of weapons. and if you dont play online Juliana is also fairly easy, she may get the jump on you once in a while but I remember one time after she killed me and I respawned, she was standing over my dead body in the distance and one sniper shot to the head took care of her.
If I’m not mistaken they added a patch in which the enemies are stronger now compared to before.

I just got my ps5 on Friday and have been playing through GoW again. Maybe I’ll pick up Returnal so i can try an actual ps5 game
Plenty of game show off the ps5 graphically/gameplay wise. Spider man MM, DMC, guardians of the galaxy…wasn’t a fan of returnal.

Make sure you play Astrobot that comes with it. That game is fantastic and has a polish and charm to it that is rarely matched in games now a days.

I have been trying on and off over the past year, and I finally got one for myself through Walmart Plus. Well, I have an order confirmation, so hopefully it doesn't get cancelled. 

I jumped on Walmart at 11am ct and around 11:30 was able to get a digital version for my son for Xmas to put in his bedroom, already had gotten the disc version from WM last year

QVC and HSN have had PS5 and XBX bundles this whole time (with horrible items included which have nothing to do with the console) for the $1000 price range. I wonder how many they've actually managed to sell.

QVC and HSN have had PS5 and XBX bundles this whole time (with horrible items included which have nothing to do with the console) for the $1000 price range. I wonder how many they've actually managed to sell.
It’s all about that “EZ Pay” or “Flex Pay” or whatever they call it. That’s part of the reason there’s so many HSN and QVC addicts.

Mine has been sitting on 1 minute for about 20 minutes now. Looks like I'll not be getting one from this deal.
Same for me now. It was ticking down pretty good but now that it has hit 1 min it is just sitting there. Probably sold out but I am going to make it boot me out here :)

bread's done
Back