Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Anyone complete this yet? After Chapter 1 and the two side quests is it just... done? No climactic push to drive sales or trailer teasing what will happen next?
Na, to me the game is iight its not bad and its not exciting. Its like a dull version of dmc, needs harder fights, more colors etc

Not surprised, I know it would have taken a lot of work, but I'm still disappointed. PSVR games will not be compatible with PSVR 2. Guy says so about 29 minutes into this.

Last edited by a moderator:
No PSVR backward compatibility... wow, that's a kick in the nuts.

https://www.destructoid.com/playstation-vr2-doesnt-support-original-psvr-games-sony-confirms-lack-of-backward-compatibility/

I wonder how many developers will try to release versions of their games to get them to work with the new hardware, you'd imagine that's going to take some work... but man... I know I have invested a good bit into VR games and to know that they will only work with the old hardware kind of sucks.
I don't believe sony has taken into account the impact this will have on their gamers.

Thought as much.
What a fuck-up, I bet they didn't even figure out how to streamline the porting process from PSVR 1 to 2 in order to make it require minimal effort from devs (ensuring higher chances for titles to get ported).
I bet there won't even be crossbuy for PSVR2 ports either.
I'd have even paid more for a BC-friendly PSVR2 set if they went the BC PS3 route (where there were additional components required to make it work).

I Just enjoy the reasoning of...

"PSVR games are not compatible with PSVR 2 because PSVR 2 is designed to deliver a truly next-generation VR experience."

Like as if that's a sound explanation and won't lead to more questions.

No PSVR backward compatibility... wow, that's a kick in the nuts.

https://www.destructoid.com/playstation-vr2-doesnt-support-original-psvr-games-sony-confirms-lack-of-backward-compatibility/

I wonder how many developers will try to release versions of their games to get them to work with the new hardware, you'd imagine that's going to take some work... but man... I know I have invested a good bit into VR games and to know that they will only work with the old hardware kind of sucks.
Crap, I have been grabbing Psvr games on the cheap assuming they would work on the redesign. Lots of these were on the GS 4 for $20 list. I will probably hold on in case there are free upgrades, but this makes me way less likely to buy the new system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cBiDu0pb3s

According to them, devs are working on updating their PSVR1 games to be BC. In the comments, PSVR2 without parole states that devs with PSVR2 kits say Sony COULD have made it BC if they wanted. Just imagine all the digital games people have bought and all the DLC for Beatsaber too. If you can't play them on your new PSVR2, that's pathetic.

This really sucks knowing I will have to keep both headsets and all those wires hooked up. I really hope most of the PSVR1 games devs update for PSVR2. There was a lot of cool media too that will be locked to the PSVR1 headset. Maybe Sony sees all the backlash and decides to make games BC. This is a bad move Sony.

Man, I love my PS5, but Sony is fucking up left and right this gen. Bring back the late PS3/early PS4 Sony.
I'm a Sony guy through and through.

But PS3 is probably the worst console of the last decade. Nah, pretty much the worst PS console ever and it's not really close. That generation was terrible; for PS3 console game programming development, the constant updates downloading before being able to play, and finally the failure rate of the consoles from BOTH manufacturers. Simply the worst.

Who plays their PS3 still today? nobody

I can get down with some of that sentiment though. I feel ya. They've had several steps backwards this gen.

I've always been confused by this one: is it akin to Remnant or is it strictly PvP? TBH I could look it up but could never be fussed.
PvPvE

Think of it as Escape from Tarkov minus all the heavy looting mechanics. It is so so good. Don't play it on PS4 though as it runs like shit, play on PS5 for 60fps. Supposedly a dedicated PS5 version is coming at some point.

But PS3 is probably the worst console of the last decade. Nah, pretty much the worst PS console ever and it's not really close. That generation was terrible; for PS3 console game programming development, the constant updates downloading before being able to play, and finally the failure rate of the consoles from BOTH manufacturers. Simply the worst.

I can get down with some of that sentiment though. I feel ya. They've had several steps backwards this gen.
Yeah I totally agree, I more so mean Sony's mentality at the end of the PS3 generation and the beginning of the PS4 generation. Sony did a pretty amazing job catching up to 360 during the second half of the PS3 era.

My PS3 stays plugged in and has 76 physical games and plenty more digitally; you could add my small PS1 collection to it, as well.

Easiest way to legitimately play PS1 games through HDMI that isn't a third party device running an emulator, a hacked PSVita TV, or an HDMI modded PS1.

I think the PS3 was great; Sony's hubris and engineering choices were odd, but it was still a great system.  Blu-ray was an incredibly smart choice (super durable, long lasting discs!), still saw favor in other markets vs. the USA, and later revisions made headway towards reducing cost.

I would agree its the worst of the Sony branding, but that's a higher bar than say the Wii U, GameCube, or OG Xbox.  The latter Microsoft actively killed as soon as the 360 was available.  The Wii U only has a hand full of truly exclusive games left, one being Devil's Third.

I play my PS3 more than my Wii U and don't even own an OG Xbox. 

PvPvE

Think of it as Escape from Tarkov minus all the heavy looting mechanics. It is so so good. Don't play it on PS4 though as it runs like shit, play on PS5 for 60fps. Supposedly a dedicated PS5 version is coming at some point.
Got it. Yeah, never been a fan of mixing PvE with PvP. People always wait to gank when you're engaging a boss. Meh.

The only thing that annoys me about updating the controller software is the fact that you can't even do it when the controller is connected to the console's USB-C port. It has to be connected via the USB2 port.
So just to make it official, my DualSense updated fine using the USB-C port last night.

What PS4 wheel would everyone recommend? I'm looking for one to use with sim racers all racing games.
Heard Logitech g29 is good. G923 if u got more $. I’m waiting to see if 923 will get a good discount this Black Friday or I might get fanatec dd pro for ps5 if it gets restocked

So just to make it official, my DualSense updated fine using the USB-C port last night.
Yes, they must have changed things in a recent update because mine did as well. Previously, I would have had it hooked up to the USB-C port and it will give a message saying you needed to connect it via the regular USB. But after the others posted saying it worked for them with the USB-C, I tried it again with the last update and it worked fine that way for me too.

PSA reminder: the Everybody's Golf servers will be taken offline on Sept. 30th.  

I'm still not great at putting, but I've truly been enjoying playing the daily 9 hole round matches to post to the leaderboards.  It also appears that the game is giving out coins galore in the dailies before it gets taken offline.  I'm going to miss it.  :whistle2:(

Yeah I totally agree, I more so mean Sony's mentality at the end of the PS3 generation and the beginning of the PS4 generation. Sony did a pretty amazing job catching up to 360 during the second half of the PS3 era.
Not only did they catch up, the PS3 outsold the 360 at the end of it all.

My PS3 stays plugged in and has 76 physical games and plenty more digitally; you could add my small PS1 collection to it, as well.

Easiest way to legitimately play PS1 games through HDMI that isn't a third party device running an emulator, a hacked PSVita TV, or an HDMI modded PS1.

I think the PS3 was great; Sony's hubris and engineering choices were odd, but it was still a great system. Blu-ray was an incredibly smart choice (super durable, long lasting discs!), still saw favor in other markets vs. the USA, and later revisions made headway towards reducing cost.

I would agree its the worst of the Sony branding, but that's a higher bar than say the Wii U, GameCube, or OG Xbox. The latter Microsoft actively killed as soon as the 360 was available. The Wii U only has a hand full of truly exclusive games left, one being Devil's Third.

I play my PS3 more than my Wii U and don't even own an OG Xbox.
I also still have my PS3 plugged it and still play it every now and then (just finished Eternal Sonata last year... wish CAG was fixed/I could update my sig). I'm amazed that it's been 13 years and still turns on and runs perfectly... granted I do baby it since it's a software-BC model (thermal paste replacement after it's 2nd year, and then again after it's 11th year)/. I started the 7th gen with a 360 and then a Wii and laughed at how much Sony was fucking up. But at the end of it, I played my PS3 WAY more than the Wii and 360 combined.

But with all that said, yeah... I'm not super thrilled with how Sony is running things this gen.

Heard Logitech g29 is good. G923 if u got more $. I’m waiting to see if 923 will get a good discount this Black Friday or I might get fanatec dd pro for ps5 if it gets restocked
Thanks for the info. I’ll wait and see if either of the Logitech wheels go on sale the BF. I’ll be getting one for my XB1 S as well.

Guess I misunderstood the PS5 upgrade for XIII. I read the announcement as free for PS4 owners. Not paying $10 for that.

3hxef2.jpg

There is a company here in Minneapolis who made their way about 12 years ago entirely through fixing busted, heat-melted OG PS3s.   They fixed mine while they were still on-campus at the U of M inside the basement of a technology building classroom as some student-run organization.   They are called Gophermods and now have a retail storefront up at the quarry where they fix all sorts of tech devices. Looks like they have 4 locations now, wow. 

But yeah, they created an entire business based around charging people $75-$150+ for re-soldering OG 60gb PS3s with the yellow ring of death.  There was such a demand for it that they just graduated into becoming a public business. 

That's how busted Sony's original PS3 hardware was.  Anyone who owned one and used it a lot, knows.  They burned themselves up if they were left on for too long. 

Most original console systems have hardware problems (of varying severity) these days.

I'm actually considering getting a used PS3 partially because of the games that haven't made it to 4/5 yet and partially because of their library of PS1/2 Classics (some of those games are expensive to get physical copies of)

I'm actually considering getting a used PS3 partially because of the games that haven't made it to 4/5 yet and partially because of their library of PS1/2 Classics (some of those games are expensive to get physical copies of)
Do note that they are slowly moving the digital catalogue over to ps4 and they plan on closing/shuttering the ps3 online store eventually as well as the vitas. So if you do intend on getting one to play digital titles then you'd need to do it sooner than later. Shame that you can't just purchase the games through the pc webstore any longer for those older platforms.

But yeah getting some of the titles on the ps3 seems like a good idea in case they do get ported to ps4 since you can then just get them via the bc multiplat thing they've been doing for stuff like wild arms 1.

I still have a slim PS3 hooked up and use it occasionally. I would like to get my original launch model repaired some day, I just don't know of any reliable place to get it fixed. I checked the Gophermods site mentioned a few posts above and they no longer repair PS3s.  Anyone know of a trustworthy place I could mail my system in to get it repaired?

I have a black slim PS3 hooked up because of that recent PS3 store scare and I have a 60GB OG BC model that I'm afraid to hook up.  I should just bite the bullet and turn it on.

There is a company here in Minneapolis who made their way about 12 years ago entirely through fixing busted, heat-melted OG PS3s. They fixed mine while they were still on-campus at the U of M inside the basement of a technology building classroom as some student-run organization. They are called Gophermods and now have a retail storefront up at the quarry where they fix all sorts of tech devices. Looks like they have 4 locations now, wow.

But yeah, they created an entire business based around charging people $75-$150+ for re-soldering OG 60gb PS3s with the yellow ring of death. There was such a demand for it that they just graduated into becoming a public business.

That's how busted Sony's original PS3 hardware was. Anyone who owned one and used it a lot, knows. They burned themselves up if they were left on for too long.

Most original console systems have hardware problems (of varying severity) these days.
I was one of those people who sent my yellow light PS3 to Gophermods! Talk about a blast from the past…

I still have a slim PS3 hooked up and use it occasionally. I would like to get my original launch model repaired some day, I just don't know of any reliable place to get it fixed. I checked the Gophermods site mentioned a few posts above and they no longer repair PS3s. Anyone know of a trustworthy place I could mail my system in to get it repaired?
I'd also like to know since i have a slim that died came back from the dead randomly and died again seemingly permanently this time that I have most of my saves on.

That's funny PS3 was the first non Nintendo system to win a generation for me personally. While I enjoyed the PS2 it didn't hold a candle to the Gamecube for me. I enjoyed the PS3 more than the Wii, and while I didn't own the 360 I played enough of it at friends house to know it wasn't for me.

bread's done
Back