Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
I love it when stuff like Humble Choice and PS+ actively give us multiplayer games with likely struggling player bases to prolong these games a tiny bit longer! Obviously a really weak month IMHO for PS+. I will try the DB game with my friends, but I'm expecting it to be pure poop.

Spider-Man 2 was a great 25 hour platinum. Such a fantastic game. Now I return to the backlog. Just started Star Ocean First Departure R since I realized most of main series is in my backlog. Might as well start knocking the games out. By the time I get through a few of them the remake of Second story will hopefully be a bit cheaper.

I bought Dragon Ball Breakers for $5 a couple months ago and now it's on PS Plus. That's an excuse to finally give it a try. I'll add my physical copy to the trade pile for the next convention.
spider man 2 is so good I don’t know how I’ll be able to enjoy anything else .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wish it was mafia 1 just cuz I already have 2 lol. I have an excuse now to try breakers but my hero ultra rumble existing means I’d barely even play breakers

Wish it was mafia 1 just cuz I already have 2 lol. I have an excuse now to try breakers but my hero ultra rumble existing means I’d barely even play breakers
Mafia 1 was PS+ earlier this year. After 5 years Mafia Trilogy is complete from PS+.

thanos-avengers-infinity-war.gif

Also, what the actual fuck is this new Silent Hill Game?

3ZNic98.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
FFVII and Butterfinger doing a promo again

UPC codes:
https://twitter.com/Butterfinger/status/1720103970905944517?t=2O_mYKocF5OHBGOdLUHThQ&s=19

Does anyone know how exactly the PS Plus price increase works? My current PS Plus Extra subscription ends June, 2nd 2024. Does that mean that I have until November 6th to renew at the previous price or can I renew at the previous price any time before June,2nd, 2024?

For reference:

Note: Current 12-month subscribers will not see the price increase reflected until their next renewal date which falls on or after November 6th. However, any changes to your subscription, such as upgrades or downgrades, will include the new prices.

Does anyone know how exactly the PS Plus price increase works? My current PS Plus Extra subscription ends June, 2nd 2024. Does that mean that I have until November 6th to renew at the previous price or can I renew at the previous price any time before June,2nd, 2024?

For reference:

Note: Current 12-month subscribers will not see the price increase reflected until their next renewal date which falls on or after November 6th. However, any changes to your subscription, such as upgrades or downgrades, will include the new prices.
Price increase already went into effect early September so I don't think you can renew or buy a new sub for the old price afaik.

I just checked my account which ends 6/2024 and if I want to add another year of PS+ it's giving me the new prices.

FFVII and Butterfinger doing a promo again

UPC codes:
https://twitter.com/Butterfinger/status/1720103970905944517?t=2O_mYKocF5OHBGOdLUHThQ&s=19
Waste of time since if they repeat last ones it will just end up on the store later for free without having to go through the rigmarole.

I was watching Maximilian play hacked PS5 Bloodborne last night and it’s criminal that Sony won’t update the game.  But at least Sony is working on a Bloodborne movie (hopefully Mark Wahlberg or Jared Leto is in it).

I was watching Maximilian play hacked PS5 Bloodborne last night and it’s criminal that Sony won’t update the game. But at least Sony is working on a Bloodborne movie (hopefully Mark Wahlberg or Jared Leto is in it).
Probably working on a PS5 release to fully milk it. Last of Us style.

I love blue but the metallic look throws me off a bit. The silver should probably be nice. Just wish we’d get a red controller like the red in the spiderman controller.

Surprised the Slim doesn't have a more efficient PSU. Linus Tech did a teardown and compared the wattage, it's identical.

Wouldn't be the sole reason I'd buy a Slim but I try to buy power efficient electronics whenever possible.

Extra Life FF7 thing
Not planning on picking up FF7 Rebirth at launch but went ahead and made a donation since it's for kids. Square Enix code came quickly. Looks like the last time I donated to Extra Life it was for an Xbox/Mixer thing in 2018.

Surprised the Slim doesn't have a more efficient PSU. Linus Tech did a teardown and compared the wattage, it's identical.

Wouldn't be the sole reason I'd buy a Slim but I try to buy power efficient electronics whenever possible.
From what I've read the latest revisions of PS5 fat (and therefore PS5 slim) use about 10% less power than the launch model. As a horizontal user, I'm disappointed in the PS5 slim design - it's somehow uglier than the original and looks cheaper with the clear plastic stands that fall off and the glossy plates. Here's hoping for a good looking PS5 Pro (it's just going to be 2 PS5 slims stacked on top of each other).

Started Forspoken last night, and so far I definitely understand the hate... The voice acting and writing is abysmal and the story so far is pretty bad. The controls are pretty odd too. Going to stick with it and see if it clicks as I've only played a couple hours, but don't think I'll go for the platinum like I originally intended on doing.

https://twitter.com/ethangach/status/1721631862370504927

Because of Elon Musk's changes on Twitter, the direct sharing of screenshots and videos to Twitter will be ending in a week. You'll have to do it through the upload to the PS App on phones and then to the Twitter app from there.

https://twitter.com/ethangach/status/1721631862370504927

Because of Elon Musk's changes on Twitter, the direct sharing of screenshots and videos to Twitter will be ending in a week. You'll have to do it through the upload to the PS App on phones and then to the Twitter app from there.
Sounds like it’s time to bring back miiverse, and make equivalent ones for the other consoles. It was always better than any of the main social media hellpits anyway.

Sounds like it’s time to bring back miiverse, and make equivalent ones for the other consoles. It was always better than any of the main social media hellpits anyway.
Miiverse was a toxic circle jerk. If you said anything remotely negative about a Nintendo game you were attacked by fanboys and silenced by mods. Good riddance that echo chamber is gone.

It's better to have control of how and where you can use your screenshots and videos than what the Miiverse allowed.

I wonder what the actual change in their deal was with Twitter that caused this? If I recall they got rid of Facebook integration awhile ago too

The idea that the Share button is losing it's use due to Twitter is over-exaggerated insanity.  I've used the Share button countless times on both my PS4 and PS5 and never even knew Twitter Integration was a thing (or would have cared even if I had known.)  I use the Share button for streaming to Twitch primarily, and even when I do use it to save the last few minutes of gameplay as a video or save a screenshot, it was never to post it to a site, but for my own use.  I'm sure the Share button will survive just fine without having Twitter integration.

I used the share button to post on other sites but without having to edit for size and such limitations. It was easy to use. Same as when they had Facebook sharing on the dsi/3ds line. removing that feature just makes me have to manually take a photo with my vita, 2ds and phone and upload it that way /:

Give it time and they'll possibly drop twitch too if it costs them too much.

I haven't read anything about the vita losing Twitter though. Is that keeping it because they forgot it even exists ;P

If you have the playstation app on your phone (or tablet), you can sync the ps5 capture gallery to your phone to be uploaded to wherever.

Nothing really has changed except for a minor inconvenience, but some will have you believe the sky is falling. People that uses a usb to backup/transfer to a pc, then upload to a image/video hosting site are still doing just that.

I never used the button to share to twitter. I occasionally used the share button to broadcast my competitive FIFA Pro Clubs League games though using the Twitch integration.

bread's done
Back