Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Revenant Hill's development has ended as Scott Benson's been dealing with heart health issues:

https://twitter.com/bombsfall/status/1721936883691802997

It would be nice to have the option to map the SHARE button to do something (anything) else.

I never want to share anything.  I don't know what I would want the button to do but it would be nice to have options.

How about automatically go to the trophies screen?  I would use that a lot more than Share which I only use by accident and then get mad.

It would be nice to have the option to map the SHARE button to do something (anything) else.
I never want to share anything. I don't know what I would want the button to do but it would be nice to have options.

How about automatically go to the trophies screen? I would use that a lot more than Share which I only use by accident and then get mad.
You can pay $200 to remap that button.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1722139168237609469?t=F5JxxwkZq7NUmJWf3LXiCw&s=19

Cheapest I've seen a controller in a while. Comment shows that LeBron controller is $39.99

Last edited by a moderator:
PS5 disc console (825gb) with spiderman 2 dropped to $500 at best buy and gamestop. I’m assuming this is a Sony sale and should be the same price at most major retailers.

attachicon.gif
Screenshot 2023-11-07 220718.png
Time for me to finally sit down and play V. Nevermind that I owned a copy about three times and it's on Game Pass. . .

A whole bunch of different colors of PS5 DualSense controllers are on sale for $50 at BestBuy and Amazon

since I see people were looking at Gamestop and PSDirect

PS5 disc console (825gb) with spiderman 2 dropped to $500 at best buy and gamestop. I’m assuming this is a Sony sale and should be the same price at most major retailers.
I traded my launch day PS5 ($407.50 credit) at Gamestop today for this bundle. Worth it for me to get a new controller, Spider-Man 2, and a 3 year newer console. My launch console had very loud buzzing/coil whine from the power supply. The new one is nearly silent so I'm happy. I'm not a fan of the slim design so I'm fine with the original style. Also grabbed the new red controller for $45 with the in store pickup coupon (I wanted blue but they didn't have it).

EDIT to add my Gamestop thread post:

The process of swapping consoles was pretty quick and painless. Removing the cover to get to the NVMe slot is definitely easier with experience. When I first installed the drive I sent the cover plate flying. Now I know to gently push the plate a bit while lifting the corner with the round peg opposite of the disc drive.

The 2TB NVMe drive moved over without having to redownload any games, just a quick database rebuild. My PS5 saves automatically downloaded (they should auto upload/download if the sync option on). I didn't check my PS4 saves but I think I've always manually uploaded/downloaded those. Worst case I think you can mass upload/download saves from one of the menus. I like having the option to turn cloud sync off so I can use the cloud for save scumming, which is difficult on Xbox.

I traded my launch day PS5 ($407.50 credit) at Gamestop today for this bundle. Worth it for me to get a new controller, Spider-Man 2, and a 3 year newer console. My launch console had very loud buzzing/coil whine from the power supply. The new one is nearly silent so I'm happy. I'm not a fan of the slim design so I'm fine with the original style. Also grabbed the new red controller for $45 with the in store pickup coupon (I wanted blue but they didn't have it).

Glad that the NVME drive moved over to the new console without having to redownload anything.
So the process transfer everything to new PS5 is easy?

Edit: saw your other post.

I'm streaming Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name if you want to see it in action.

Edit: Here's the archive. This game covers Kiryu's events post-Yakuza 6 and before, during, and after Yakuza: Like a Dragon to lead up to Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth. This may be the last brawler game in the series, especially featuring Kiryu, so it does a good job of infusing some cool agent mechanics to his skill set to give this shorter adventure some wild stuff to do with the spider rope mechanic in the early part of this game. You get to revisit the same town as Yakuza: Like a Dragon with a lot of the same places to go, which is a nice trip down memory lane. 

I have the same problem on Xbox. The controllers were better when they didn't have that stupid button.
Same here. I was able to make a profile and disabled that button though. PS5 controller is better because the share button is so far out of the way from where your hands would be you dont accidentally hit it. I would love to see the percentage of users who use it. I would be surprised if it was even 25%.

Slim version with Spider man 2 is starting to show up at the same price.

I found it on dell.com. Anyone with an American Express card may have an offer for dell.com for $40 back on $200 or $120 on $600.

I have the $120 offer so I’m picking up the PS5 slim, an extra controller and a cat6 cable to get me over $600. After the Amex offer it’ll cost me $484 with tax for a PS5 slim with extra controller.

Edit: certain cashback site is offering 10% back at Dell today. I already have 56.90 pending in my account. So that’ll bring the cost down to $427.

GameStop has PS5 controllers for $50 (the on-going sale everywhere), but $5 off in store pickup.  Therefore you can get new DualSense controllers for $45.  Do with that what you will.

Ordered Lebron controller for $40 and Factory Recertified DUALSHOCK®4 Wireless Controller for PS4™ - Crystal for $30.
Also ordered the LeBron black console cover. Same price as the black and I am sucker for limited edition. Wonder if all these covers will be discounted and discontinued soon.

Was debating on trading up, but that console looks like some Ali Express shit, dunno if its the shit glossy plates or the funky ass look.  Sticking with my big ass digital one I have lol

Reading some conflicting info about the disc PS5 with Spider-Man 2 bundle. It seems like it is the phat version, but red one article that says it is the new slim version. Are there SKUs to look out for when looking for the phat version? Are there 2 versions of th3 Spider-Man bundle?

Reading some conflicting info about the disc PS5 with Spider-Man 2 bundle. It seems like it is the phat version, but red one article that says it is the new slim version. Are there SKUs to look out for when looking for the phat version? Are there 2 versions of th3 Spider-Man bundle?
Yeah the bundle is available with old and new PS5 systems. New has slightly more storage.

EDIT to add my Gamestop thread post:

The process of swapping consoles was pretty quick and painless. Removing the cover to get to the NVMe slot is definitely easier with experience. When I first installed the drive I sent the cover plate flying. Now I know to gently push the plate a bit while lifting the corner with the round peg opposite of the disc drive.

The 2TB NVMe drive moved over without having to redownload any games, just a quick database rebuild. My PS5 saves automatically downloaded (they should auto upload/download if the sync option on). I didn't check my PS4 saves but I think I've always manually uploaded/downloaded those. Worst case I think you can mass upload/download saves from one of the menus. I like having the option to turn cloud sync off so I can use the cloud for save scumming, which is difficult on Xbox.
how did you get $407.50 credit for trade in ps5? only shows $357.50 on website unless I missed seeing a promotion for trade in.

how did you get $407.50 credit for trade in ps5? only shows $357.50 on website unless I missed seeing a promotion for trade in.
From the Gamestop site:

*Get $50 Extra Trade Credit when trading in any PS4, PS5, Xbox Series S or X, Xbox One, or Nintendo Switch towards a new PS5 Console

From the Gamestop site:
*Get $50 Extra Trade Credit when trading in any PS4, PS5, Xbox Series S or X, Xbox One, or Nintendo Switch towards a new PS5 Console
From GS email on Monday:[attachment=38334:IMG_1456.jpeg]

The asterisk in that picture is the note I posted above.
Before you got your new PS5, did you just write down all the games you had on your built in internal storage so you could manually find them easier on your new console? I know you said the extra internal storage had all the games on there but obviously, the internal on the new PS5 is going to be fresh. Another poster said the setup takes 2 hours. I assume he is referring to having to redownload all the games again.

I didn't have many games installed to the internal (I install all PS5 games to the NVMe by default).  I just moved the internal ones to the NVMe except for Astro's Playroom.  My PS4 games are installed on a USB SSD drive so I didn't have to redownload any of those.

The asterisk in that picture is the note I posted above.
No it ain’t:
*Get $50 Extra Trade Credit when trading in any Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, or PlayStation 5 console: Applies to trade credit only, excludes cash trades. *10% Extra On Trades: applies to trade credit only.

Got the PS5 slim today, what a delightfully normal sized console. Not a fan of the half gloss half matte, but having the eject button separate from the power button is huge for me. My idiot ass has hit the power button so many times when trying to eject a game. The legs are kinda cheap, but there's actually holes for them to slot in so they don't move and ultimately it's fine. Already got my ssd installed and ready to roll. I will miss my thicc boi, but overall happy with it.

Before you got your new PS5, did you just write down all the games you had on your built in internal storage so you could manually find them easier on your new console? I know you said the extra internal storage had all the games on there but obviously, the internal on the new PS5 is going to be fresh. Another poster said the setup takes 2 hours. I assume he is referring to having to redownload all the games again.
If setting up a PS5 takes 2 hours, you need some help

Also you can filter games by recently played so it is easier to install the ones you want

If setting up a PS5 takes 2 hours, you need some help

Also you can filter games by recently played so it is easier to install the ones you want
I just set mine up and it took like 10 minutes. I had an internal ssd installed so I just moved everything on internal storage of the old console on to that and then put it in the new console. All the games were there no problem.

I just set mine up and it took like 10 minutes. I had an internal ssd installed so I just moved everything on internal storage of the old console on to that and then put it in the new console. All the games were there no problem.
Yea i upgraded from the launch fat to the latest fat iteration about 8 months ago, before the slim was announced, and it took me 10 minutes to set it all up. Downloading games was super fast as well.

I am going to take advantage of this Gamestop $50 extra and get the COD MW3 slim bundle. I am going to sell the game to offset the cost of upgrading. I figure $50 is a good deal. If anyone here wants to buy the code, let me know. If I have to post it on the official sell and trade forum, I will.

bread's done
Back