Playstation Rewards program is back!

[quote name='djricekcn']Maybe in the end, it might? extra points reward? don't know but as of anyting written on website, no[/QUOTE]

If that's the case I already missed out. Just learned how to actually get points this month (the page on there doesn't tell you anything). Maybe next year.

I'm not sure if getting all of the points mean anything. I got accepted into the program with two weeks left in the April challenge and received both games...if that was the case, that wouldn't be fair at all.. Anyways i'm excited to see what the following months have in store.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I'm not sure if getting all of the points mean anything. I got accepted into the program with two weeks left in the April challenge and received both games...if that was the case, that wouldn't be fair at all.. Anyways i'm excited to see what the following months have in store.[/QUOTE]

Wouldnt be fair? That's like saying me getting in before you wasnt fair... Anyways I never got the point of the whole of asking if it meant anything. Strictly speaking I can do all of these challenges in under 5 mins. 661 or 990 is an extremely easy task to pull off and would most likely take you less time to do than to come here and ask...

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I'm not sure if getting all of the points mean anything. I got accepted into the program with two weeks left in the April challenge and received both games.[/QUOTE]
That month was a bit wonky with the prizes, so everyone got the top prize that time.
I can guarantee that if you joined within the last 2 weeks this time you wouldn't have gotten the top prize.

[quote name='thisboywillbreak']Still waiting on the final poll. Where the fuck is it?[/QUOTE]

I'm surprised it never showed up as well.

If they're going to follow in the path that this month did, they may go for an Uncharted theme. Maybe give out the first or second game (or even the Eye of Indra or whatever it was called).

That or we all get a PS Vita WOOOO!

Last edited by a moderator:
If they gave us miniposters for the next 6 months and finished the program with a Vita, I'd be happy. It'd even out for them in terms of money spent. I just don't want anymore miniposters, if it can't be a full blown poster don't even bother sending it to me.

I have to assume that nobody realistically thinks we will possibly get a Vita and that they're just being silly. It flat-out isn't going to happen. For all we know, the Vita might not even be released by the time the House Party is over. Besides, this is a PS3 promotion; there has been nothing related to handhelds at all.

The best we can hope for is a Move and I really don't even think we'll get that. It would be nice, sure, but they are under the impression that most of us already have the Move because that is what the polls usually indicate.

[quote name='ZombieToast']The best we can hope for is a Move and I really don't even think we'll get that. It would be nice, sure, but they are under the impression that most of us already have the Move because that is what the polls usually indicate.[/QUOTE]

My birthday is this month so I know what I'm wishing for ;)

But seriously you never know with it being the 1st year anniversary of the Moves release in September.

I was hoping the poll question 'Do you own a Move?" was some indication they were thinking about giving them away at some point but it was probably more about the future games they might feature. I think the poll was 60% Yes & 40% NO. I was like lie & say no even if you own one, maybe they'll have it as a prize LOL.

Oh, and by the way @HeyPlaystation is having a Twitter giveaway, details here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302598

I really hope next month is Uncharted 3 or Resistance 3. I would enjoy playing either game. I'm positive I'll play Ratchet and Clank even though I didn't play the ones in the series. Anyone know if they posted the third poll yet?

I thought they said there would only be two?

EDIT:
From the announcement made a week ago:
"Log in to your PlayStation®Network account and find the correct answer to the two poll questions at the bottom of this page."

They specifically "two" and not "three". Granted, that doesn't mean they won't add another, but if they were going to, I think they would've done it by now.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I really hope next month is Uncharted 3 or Resistance 3. I would enjoy playing either game. I'm positive I'll play Ratchet and Clank even though I didn't play the ones in the series. Anyone know if they posted the third poll yet?[/QUOTE]

I'd think Team ICO would be much more likely since R3 is rated M and ICO comes out at the end of September.

[quote name='FadeToOne']I'd think Team ICO would be much more likely since R3 is rated M and ICO comes out at the end of September.[/QUOTE]

I'd be happy with that. I never finished Ico, and I heard that Shadow of the Colossus is really good. I would definitely enjoy that.

[quote name='ZombieToast']I thought they said there would only be two?

EDIT:
From the announcement made a week ago:
"Log in to your PlayStation®Network account and find the correct answer to the two poll questions at the bottom of this page."

They specifically "two" and not "three". Granted, that doesn't mean they won't add another, but if they were going to, I think they would've done it by now.[/QUOTE]

I seem to recall in the past they also mentioned something about completing the two polls, and then when you went to the "more polls" option, there was a third one. Granted, I wouldn't be surprised either way with how this program is setup.

But, it seems odd to me that you would plan for having only 2 polls, yet still dole out the points as if we were answering 3. Shouldn't we either have been given a free 18 pts or been given 26 pts for each poll?

[quote name='retail sucks']My birthday is this month so I know what I'm wishing for ;)

But seriously you never know with it being the 1st year anniversary of the Moves release in September.

I was hoping the poll question 'Do you own a Move?" was some indication they were thinking about giving them away at some point but it was probably more about the future games they might feature. I think the poll was 60% Yes & 40% NO. I was like lie & say no even if you own one, maybe they'll have it as a prize LOL.

Oh, and by the way @HeyPlaystation is having a Twitter giveaway, details here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302598[/QUOTE]
I wouldnt be shocked if the poll was PURELY for marketing and nothing to do with prizes. This program is geared for families and so were the move ad's. So why wouldnt they poll the informed demographic and see how much of an overlap there was?

More than likely the whole program is already mapped out and anything we do will not change it. I think were looking at another depressing month after I claimed twice it would be ICO (another game I dont even want lol), but I would love to be wrong :3

[quote name='admiralvic']I wouldnt be shocked if the poll was PURELY for marketing and nothing to do with prizes. This program is geared for families and so were the move ad's. So why wouldnt they poll the informed demographic and see how much of an overlap there was?

More than likely the whole program is already mapped out and anything we do will not change it. I think were looking at another depressing month after I claimed twice it would be ICO (another game I dont even want lol), but I would love to be wrong :3[/QUOTE]

Yeah your right it's more about getting you to want a Move if you didn't have one, just like the Ape Escape poster was really an ad saying "Available Exclusively on the Playstation Network." & it was a PSN download game for Move.

I finally broke down and ordered the Resistance 3 Doomsday Edition(had some Amazon trade in credit). I got it mostly for the family to goof around with, I'll be using a controller on RE3 :)

[quote name='admiralvic']I wouldnt be shocked if the poll was PURELY for marketing and nothing to do with prizes. This program is geared for families and so were the move ad's. So why wouldnt they poll the informed demographic and see how much of an overlap there was?

More than likely the whole program is already mapped out and anything we do will not change it. I think were looking at another depressing month after I claimed twice it would be ICO (another game I dont even want lol), but I would love to be wrong :3[/QUOTE]
There's not a doubt in my mind that it's about marketing. This whole thing is really just one big interactive survey with prizes. It's very similar to some of the focus groups I've been in, but this isn't organized nearly as well. Even shitty programs like MTV Voice are put together better. Of course, no other focus group I've been in has given away so many cool things.

And I'm absolutely certain that everything is pre-determined. They may have hit a speed bump with PSN going down, which is why we ended up with Ape Escape and low-res DIY posters (or they may have planned on doing that anyway)...but aside from that, I think it's all planned out and nothing we do is going to change the outcome.

It all sounds so ominous now! Ha ha.

[quote name='djricekcn']They don't even check what you post, you can say "hi" and get points[/QUOTE]

As the poster above me said, please don't. The difference in effort between writing nonsense and something on topic is miniscule, but that difference could be how they decide on whether or not the program is successful and decide to keep it around.

[quote name='popular penguin']Please, don't do this.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='louiedog']As the poster above me said, please don't. The difference in effort between writing nonsense and something on topic is miniscule, but that difference could be how they decide on whether or not the program is successful and decide to keep it around.[/QUOTE]

Both of these.

If everyone just posts "hi", or relatively simple things like it, then Sony isn't going to want to shell out these prizes each month and we'll quickly find this program shut down.

[quote name='Captain Urahara']Both of these.

If everyone just posts "hi", or relatively simple things like it, then Sony isn't going to want to shell out these prizes each month and we'll quickly find this program shut down.[/QUOTE]

I agree, it only takes a few more seconds to write a quality response.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Well, you're gonna have to tell that to about 5500 other members because 98% of what's posted on there is complete nonsense.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I've been noticing that a lot since I started in March. Technically they could probably kick you out of the program for not sticking to the theme. Also, I noticed before this last month's challenges started during the program's vacation week it went from 6,000 down to 5,300 participants so watch out you could lose your spot & help kill the program renewal for next year, I'd like to see it return ;)

I saw one lady post this week "I finally bought a Playstation 3 today" as a Blog entry. How stupid, your basically saying you've been participating without the required console you said you have when she signed up. :drool: Now she just needs to buy some common sense which evidently isn't so common anymore.

:) had heard about the double pack for a while, and given how huge Uncharted is, It'd make sense / be awsome to see an Uncharted 1/2 pack this month, then Uncharted 3 next month.

Personally I don't want to see the U1/U2 pack as a prize, mostly because I already beat both games and already have access to both of them. I'd much rather see The Ico Collection as a prize considering I don't have access to the games since they were stolen from me.

[quote name='Captain Urahara']Personally I don't want to see the U1/U2 pack as a prize, mostly because I already beat both games and already have access to both of them.[/QUOTE]

Under this logic they shouldn't give out anything, because someone here owns it/has it on preorder already.

Having played the hell out of both Uncharted 1 and 2, I can't say I'd be too happy with that as a prize. I'm not gonna complain, but I'd just rather see something else.

[quote name='georox']Under this logic they shouldn't give out anything, because someone here owns it/has it on preorder already.[/QUOTE]

Didn't realize that my personal preference = Sony's method of prize selection

[quote name='georox']Under this logic they shouldn't give out anything, because someone here owns it/has it on preorder already.[/QUOTE]
There's no logic involved or even a plea that it shouldn't be given away. CU just hopes it won't be. I also hope it won't be because I'd rather have something good like the Ico Collection. But we of course have no say in the matter.

[quote name='ZombieToast']There's no logic involved or even a plea that it shouldn't be given away. CU just hopes it won't be. I also hope it won't be because I'd rather have something good like the Ico Collection. But we of course have no say in the matter.[/QUOTE]

Well it's not a matter of having something good since Uncharted 1 & 2 are excellent games. It's a matter of wanting something new such as the Ico Collection. But as you said. arguing the fact is a moot point since HP gives us whatever is in their best interest to give us. Honestly we can't complain.

I agree with the previous posters, I would rather get The Ico Collection since I already finished Uncharted 1 and Uncharted 2. Now Uncharted 3 on the other hand, pass that on over. Friday can't come soon enough. Until then, just live your lives. Lol

[quote name='CBas92']Well it's not a matter of having something good since Uncharted 1 & 2 are excellent games.[/QUOTE]
I have a differing opinion. But honestly, even if we do get those games (which seems a heck of a lot more likely than Ico), I would accept them graciously. No matter what we get, I'm grateful for the House Party experience. Now, I just wish they would accept my other freakin' applications. I want Quelf, dammit!

[quote name='djricekcn']So I guess it ended without having the third poll[/QUOTE]

And because of that, I won't be getting Ratchet and Clank. I already missed the beta because I was busy and missed the second week. I ended up being one poll short. Wow.

[quote name='Tsel']And because of that, I won't be getting Ratchet and Clank. I already missed the beta because I was busy and missed the second week. I ended up being one poll short. Wow.[/QUOTE]
If ur only 1 poll short, then u should have 312 pts this week. And u only need 19 pts from the 1st week if u didn't miss it to get R&C.

[quote name='Tsel']And because of that, I won't be getting Ratchet and Clank. I already missed the beta because I was busy and missed the second week. I ended up being one poll short. Wow.[/QUOTE]
You only missed one week and still didn't get enough points? The game only required you to have 330 (or 331?) points, which can easily be earned with very little effort. You would only have to do about half of the tasks for two weeks to qualify.

My first month on this I think was the LBP2 month, and I was able to do extra things and it would catch me up on points for the previous weeks. That was before they upgraded the site though, and since no one else has mentioned it, it probably doesn't do that anymore.

bread's done
Back