Playstation Rewards program is back!

[quote name='retail sucks']House Party or Sony is messing up.

This plus September's rewards is IMO a good indication(+last month's halfway decent reward) that Sony is done with promo at least on a large scale or it's slowly coming to a close. It's up to 8,000 participants & now Sony isn't even sending a game to everyone, + the theme is a 3rd party game you have a chance to win?!

I'm grateful for the games I've received but I'm not into contests. I'd love to be wrong and after this month Sony start offering games again but I have Madden, and not participating means someone on CAG has more of a chance, I'm not greedy. Now If it were offered to all 8000 members I'd already have my challenges done and get the game for my brother.[/QUOTE]

I'm leaning toward the fact that 100 promo copies of Madden is actually closer in cost to 4000 copies of a Sony game they don't need to pay licenses for. Don't forget the month before last which was just a PSN download. I wouldn't give up on this like the Bing search bar. THAT went to crap. This is a dry spell.

[quote name='M3wThr33']I'm leaning toward the fact that 100 promo copies of Madden is actually closer in cost to 4000 copies of a Sony game they don't need to pay licenses for.[/QUOTE]

But who asked for Madden? And if they did, did they really want it cut down to only being a chance of getting a copy instead of a guaranteed copy?

Sony chose to do this, and it was a bad move in my opinion. And from the looks of this thread, as well as the Party Page, people seem to agree.

[quote name='Captain Urahara']But who asked for Madden? And if they did, did they really want it cut down to only being a chance of getting a copy instead of a guaranteed copy?

Sony chose to do this, and it was a bad move in my opinion. And from the looks of this thread, as well as the Party Page, people seem to agree.[/QUOTE]

I don't think its a bad move per-say... I do think its the wrong game. Madden is a historic loser title and I dont think theres anyone that DOESNT know that. A prime example is just how Madden goes down from the years.

All used prices at gamestop...

12 - 47
11 - 19
10 - 7
9 - 3

in a few months 12 will be 20. Most likely even lower than that! Now if they offered a more interesting EA title, I think people would let them off the hook. I also think if this was the Tiger Woods Move set (which I think we would accept that as fair) no one would bitch... that is till they didn't get one and is more deserving than everyone else in the world.

Well I blame this on the dummies that voted for change. HP asked for input before restarting the program. Nothing was good enough. The site was too hard to navigate so they reworked it and its even messier. The prises weren't good enough, we had to have different prizes and different ways to earn them. So now they are giving us that. They are just doing what people asked and it SUCKS!

[quote name='Captain Urahara']But who asked for Madden? And if they did, did they really want it cut down to only being a chance of getting a copy instead of a guaranteed copy?

Sony chose to do this, and it was a bad move in my opinion. And from the looks of this thread, as well as the Party Page, people seem to agree.[/QUOTE]

Every month they have an announcement about what people think of the games. There were always tons of "OMG MADDEN PLEEEZZZ". Those idiots got the 3rd party game they begged for.

[quote name='sir-fly']i just want the nfl ticket free[/QUOTE]

OK... Now THAT would be AWESOME!
Wouldn't it be awesome if that is what they mean by the "PS3 branded football item" or the "Virtual downloadable content".

:rofl::^o OH GEEZE!!!! I almost got that out with a strait face... :rofl:

[quote name='WonkyToad']OK... Now THAT would be AWESOME!
Wouldn't it be awesome if that is what they mean by the "PS3 branded football item" or the "Virtual downloadable content".

:rofl::^o OH GEEZE!!!! I almost got that out with a strait face... :rofl:[/QUOTE]t thats what im hoping they mean. or most likely a theme lol this month blows but free is still free

I was thinking the downloadable content to be that Madden arcade game or whatever that was released a little while back.

But due to the vagueness, I'm going to guess otherwise.

Slightly off topic, but did anyone else get the email for the HouseParty Pigskin Pickem?

House Party Pigskin Pick 'Em is back!

Whether you’re a casual or die-hard fan, try to predict this NFL season alongside House Party staff for the chance to win a VIP Pass, $100 gift card, T-shirts and other House Party goodies.
Here's the scoop: Set up a profile on our ESPN page and each week, make sure you pick your favorite for each Sunday matchup. It's a fun chance to either show-off your football know-how or simply have fun with the NFL regular season. For more details on rules, prizes, etc. check out our FAQ.
In order to be eligible to win, your profile and entries must be submitted before kickoff of this season's first NFL game (Thursday, September 8th at 8:30pm EST)
Be sure to check Facebook and Twitter for updates. We'll be tweeting with the hashtag #housepartypicks. Also, keep an eye out for House Party staff! You'll recognize us because we'll have "_staff" after our names. Not to worry, we aren't competing for prizes — just bragging rights!
For the full story, check out our official page. And for more details on the goods, check out our FAQ.
Get ready to kick-off a season of fun and prizes!

[quote name='Captain Urahara']Yep. Didn't bother with it though.[/QUOTE]
Ditto. I don't know enough about NFL to understand anything related to this. It looks like fantasy football, which I know nothing about...and I don't care to learn. I'd rather just mug an old lady.

[quote name='sixspeednissan']Every month they have an announcement about what people think of the games. There were always tons of "OMG MADDEN PLEEEZZZ". Those idiots got the 3rd party game they begged for.[/QUOTE]

Really ? Where on the site ? I'm going to start asking for resistance 3 uncharted 3 or twisted metal

So I checked my UK account... and sure enough! Ratchet and Clank beta =.= fucking hell I cant win with this program.

For those wondering the exact item is called "Multiplayer beta trial"

To those of you that don't care about football:

I do. I love the sport, and I would be more than willing to participate for you. We could split the prize 50-50. Send me a PM if you're interested.

[quote name='admiralvic']So I checked my UK account... and sure enough! Ratchet and Clank beta =.= fucking hell I cant win with this program.

For those wondering the exact item is called "Multiplayer beta trial"[/QUOTE]

So we got EU codes?

[quote name='M3wThr33']So we got EU codes?[/QUOTE]
I'm plus in Europe because they have a better offering (most months). They got less games this month, but got the beta + assassins creed dynamic them and a resident evil one. I plan on doing apost about those + the Bloodrayne one I got laying around.

I am writing my impression now. For people interested heres the bullet points.

The two levels you get are somewhat training.
It is online co op based, but extremely few people have it.
Most people online suck.
The mechanics are good, but will take a bit of getting use to.
There are two levels and each took me about 17 mins to complete.
Teamwork is KEY!
Both levels are very solid.
Finally if HP doesn't give me a copy... there's a good chance I would buy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm loving the free games, but going from Infamous 2 to Ratchet and Clank Crack In Time, that's kind of lame.........I hope they give us something newer, I don't even care if it's Madden at least I can get a decent TIV or sell Madden for a good amount of cash.....

Got rejected for the board game party too, but I haven't had a successful party application yet (not counting this program as it's online-only)

[quote name='ZombieToast']Ditto. I don't know enough about NFL to understand anything related to this. It looks like fantasy football, which I know nothing about...and I don't care to learn. I'd rather just mug an old lady.[/QUOTE]

It is not really fantasy football. All you do here is pick which NFL team will win their game.

[quote name='Captain Urahara']- Go to this link: https://www.fedex.com/AltRefTracking?cntry_code=us

- Leave Account No. empty

- In Enter Reference(big box), enter Promo520

- Ship Date can be anytime recent as it will range it +/- 15 days, so today's date works.

- Zipcode: Put your zipcode[/QUOTE]

Everyone is going to be wondering when their package shipped and how long it will take so here is that link most of us can use.

[quote name='sixspeednissan']I've been rejected for at least four parties. I never do that "increase your chances" crap though.[/QUOTE]

I've increased my chances to like four parties..haven't been accepted once...

I've never been accepted. I choose "Not sure" about the media presence, because my parties would actually have taken place a day before or after the given dates.

I would SAY it's just from the sheer volume of applicants, but given the number of people here, I'd expect more.

I DID win a consolation prize in their SingStar Dance thing... after writing a LONG email complaining how impossible it was.

[quote name='bkjohns1']It is not really fantasy football. All you do here is pick which NFL team will win their game.[/QUOTE]
Well, like I said, I know nothing about fantasy football, so I don't know the difference.

[quote name='M3wThr33']I've never been accepted. I choose "Not sure" about the media presence, because my parties would actually have taken place a day before or after the given dates.

I would SAY it's just from the sheer volume of applicants, but given the number of people here, I'd expect more.

I DID win a consolation prize in their SingStar Dance thing... after writing a LONG email complaining how impossible it was.[/QUOTE]

I have applied to fourteen and only accepted to two. It's depressing, however this has been the best one by far so I won't complain.

[quote name='WonkyToad']I have not been able to get accepted for any other party either.
Has ANYONE here gotten in on another party besides the PS3 party?[/QUOTE]

As I said a couple posts ago, nope; never been accepted.

I did get into their PS3 New Year's Party, but I have no idea why. I just got an email one day saying I was in and to set up my party. It was pretty cool for a random thing.

[quote name='Zmonkay']House party is disappoint this month: Shitty PS3 party, and rejected for the board game and chef hat parties :([/QUOTE]

I got into the chef party! Will be wearing my hat!

[quote name='ZombieToast']Well, like I said, I know nothing about fantasy football, so I don't know the difference.[/QUOTE]

You don't need to know anything about fantasy football. You are not drafting players to make your own fantasy football team. All you are doing is picking or guessing which real NFL team will win their game this week. This began last night when the Packers played the Saints. You would pick one of those teams to win. If you got it right you get a point. The person with the most points (correct picks) at the end of the season wins.

[quote name='WonkyToad']I have not been able to get accepted for any other party either.
Has ANYONE here gotten in on another party besides the PS3 party?[/QUOTE]

I first heard about House Party when MS offered me a free Win7 Ultimate kit... I made that one. After that, I've gotten into Verizon parties for the last 2 superbowls (Flip HD Camcorder and digital photo frame) and this. I think I applied to a couple others I didn't make.

[quote name='lydon']Wow man, you got into a bunch! I've only been able to get into this one.[/QUOTE]

I imagine getting into 1 cascades into more...

[quote name='bkjohns1']You don't need to know anything about fantasy football. You are not drafting players to make your own fantasy football team. All you are doing is picking or guessing which real NFL team will win their game this week. This began last night when the Packers played the Saints. You would pick one of those teams to win. If you got it right you get a point. The person with the most points (correct picks) at the end of the season wins.[/QUOTE]
I get how the contest works. What I meant is that I don't know anything about fantasy football, so I don't know the difference between that and the contest because I thought fantasy football was about picking a team based on player stats or some such. But apparently I'm wrong about that. Which is fine because I don't know anything about football in general, nor do I care to.

Well, I got my R&C A Crack in Time today. I don't know why, but I wasn't expecting the Greatest Hits case. Mine also has a huge gash across the bar code, except it didn't actually damage the bar code, just the plastic.

bread's done
Back