Playstation Rewards program is back!

[quote name='xcefkevin']So does Gamestop or Best Buy care about the slashes in them if I was to trade these in. Also has anyone figured out why it happens? I know its free and all but seems a little ridiculousness that 3 of my last 5 games I've received have had the slash around the bar code.[/QUOTE]

The only problem Ive had was taking it in wrapped. They noticed the slash and said they would accept it, but I would have to leave the store and open it, then bring it back in.

But havent had a problem trading any of the games in.

[quote name='xcefkevin']So does Gamestop or Best Buy care about the slashes in them if I was to trade these in. Also has anyone figured out why it happens? I know its free and all but seems a little ridiculousness that 3 of my last 5 games I've received have had the slash around the bar code.[/QUOTE]

The barcode is damaged so you can't go to the customer service/returns desk and try to get store credit/exchange for another game by telling the clerk 'I got this as a gift and I don't want this game.'

Their should not be issues with trading it in as a used game. You just can't exchange/return as a new unopened game.

As to the degree of damage to the barcode probably depends on the person doing it. I've got a few that are light, but most are heavy removing a part of the barcode.

[quote name='bkjohns1']The barcode is damaged so you can't go to the customer service/returns desk and try to get store credit/exchange for another game by telling the clerk 'I got this as a gift and I don't want this game.'

Their should not be issues with trading it in as a used game. You just can't exchange/return as a new unopened game.[/QUOTE]
Bingo. Despite what many people think, trading/selling Not For Resale products is perfectly legal.

For some reason I didn't get credit for one poll. The site was wacky and kept looking like it was loading for quite a while, so I restarted the site. I guess that messed it up since it won't let me take it again. Luckily I will have more than enough points when I complete next week's challenges. GT 5XL, here I come.

[quote name='Gram']Made over $60 selling the games from last month.
Not too bad.[/QUOTE]
I made $50 after listing and shipping charges on ebay.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Anyone play Deadmund's Quest yet? I still have the cellophane wrapper on my copy...lol. I'll get around to it.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't seem terrible, but not hard from what I've played. A lot of swiping with the sword and shooting arrows, but haven't come up to a decent challenge yet on the hard difficulty. But I just got into the sewers so I don't think I'm too far.

[quote name='4thHorseman']It doesn't seem terrible, but not hard from what I've played. A lot of swiping with the sword and shooting arrows, but haven't come up to a decent challenge yet on the hard difficulty. But I just got into the sewers so I don't think I'm too far.[/QUOTE]

I'll eventually get to it. I just have so many games to play right now. It's quite crazy, lol.

Just starting today...are the official Sony posts that you're supposed to comment on just the Announcements made by Sony in the Conversation page? The OP link for this requirement just sends me to the main page.

[quote name='SoulEdgeVII']are the official Sony posts that you're supposed to comment on just the Announcements made by Sony in the Conversation page?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

A few questions, if I get let's say just one point above the tier 3 rewards, do I get them, or do I have to complete everything for that week too? Also, does it only increase my chances of winning or does everyone win if they get the points for their respective tiers?

[quote name='TheJLC']A few questions, if I get let's say just one point above the tier 3 rewards, do I get them, or do I have to complete everything for that week too? Also, does it only increase my chances of winning or does everyone win if they get the points for their respective tiers?[/QUOTE]
For your first question, yes if you are one point above, you get the rewards. It's your chose of how many points you want to earn pass that point. If the Tier 3 starts at 1001 & you have 1002 your set but you could still complete everything if you want. I would advice you to do more then one point over though. For your second question, everyone is guaranteed the prizes if you get the required points. The chance of a prize was only for the NBA 2K12 & Madden 12 months so far (which personal I hope doesn't happen again).

[quote name='Wchillinman']For your first question, yes if you are one point above, you get the rewards. It's your chose of how many points you want to earn pass that point. If the Tier 3 starts at 1001 & you have 1002 your set but you could still complete everything if you want. I would advice you to do more then one point over though. For your second question, everyone is guaranteed the prizes if you get the required points. The chance of a prize was only for the NBA 2K12 & Madden 12 months so far (which personal I hope doesn't happen again).[/QUOTE]

I did all of the points so far, and I received both games. Then I received the Legends Showcase DLC voucher free from my other rewards program (Best Buy). With that, their have been people who didn't do all of the points, and still won. I remember last year they did the same thing when they gave out the Move Bundle to 100 people or so.

[quote name='Wchillinman']For your first question, yes if you are one point above, you get the rewards. It's your chose of how many points you want to earn pass that point. If the Tier 3 starts at 1001 & you have 1002 your set but you could still complete everything if you want. I would advice you to do more then one point over though. For your second question, everyone is guaranteed the prizes if you get the required points. The chance of a prize was only for the NBA 2K12 & Madden 12 months so far (which personal I hope doesn't happen again).[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I did all of the points so far, and I received both games. Then I received the Legends Showcase DLC voucher free from my other rewards program (Best Buy). With that, their have been people who didn't do all of the points, and still won. I remember last year they did the same thing when they gave out the Move Bundle to 100 people or so.[/QUOTE]
Thanks to the both of you. :)

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Anytime man. Most of the info is in the OP, but who reads those anyway. ;) jk Always here to help man.[/QUOTE]
Glad to see some people here who don't think they always have to say,"look at the first post, loser."

It's refreshing. :D

[quote name='Wario64']got my points this week. hoping GT5 XL comes soon, apparently release date is january 17 or something according to newegg[/QUOTE]
Who knows? Maybe us PS Rewards people get to get it early? :D

[quote name='juanawoman']Who knows? Maybe us PS Rewards people get to get it early? :D[/QUOTE]

yea we'll probably get it earlier before retail. I think that happened before with another game here, also there were other sony contests that gave out sony games a few days before release.

[quote name='juanawoman']Glad to see some people here who don't think they always have to say,"look at the first post, loser."

It's refreshing. :D[/QUOTE]

No doubt man. I help out any way I can. I'm always posting links, and giving out helpful advice. It's a community effort as well. It's not a site to bash people because they don't know something. If you have the time, help a fellow CAG out. :D

[quote name='juanawoman']Who knows? Maybe us PS Rewards people get to get it early? :D[/QUOTE]

They got no reason to really care lol. It's the same game with DLC... so its not like we can make a profit selling it, not like we can shock people with info, or anything fun.

[quote name='admiralvic']They got no reason to really care lol. It's the same game with DLC... so its not like we can make a profit selling it, not like we can shock people with info, or anything fun.[/QUOTE]
I want it early because I am eager to play. I wanted it since it came out. :lol:

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']No doubt man. I help out any way I can. I'm always posting links, and giving out helpful advice. It's a community effort as well. It's not a site to bash people because they don't know something. If you have the time, help a fellow CAG out. :D[/QUOTE]
More people definitely need that attitude. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='juanawoman']I want it early because I am eager to play. I wanted it since it came out. :lol:

More people definitely need that attitude. ;)[/QUOTE]

Seconded. It used to be a more friendly site a couple of years ago. As the site has gotten bigger, and site changed to were you have to log in after viewing a few pages to see deals and etc(basically quit lurking and sign up) we've gotten more of the ex-lurker dumb ass types. :roll: I'm not saying that about all new or recent CAG members but we have a select few who do not know the meaning of community.

I'm "guessing" we'll get them a day or so before or right after release. HP has been sending rewards out the second week of the month so they possibly may send them out around the 12th-14th and get them to everyone on the 17th. Being that it's Sony in control of the party it's more up to them than HP.

Last edited by a moderator:
um am I missing something here? Wasnt today (sunday) the last day to get points for the week? Or was that last week? I dont think I missed a week either. Like today I went to do the activities and I cant see my total points and the xx/pscentral link takes me to the main page only?

Darn please dont tell me the site is glitched and that I wont be able to get GT5 and all the other goodies.

So the new promo is going up on the 4th!? I can't wait to see what's in store for us. I also enabled email notifications from the Promo520 account so I'm notified when my package is on it's way.

Patiently waiting for my package... it's the first month I'm inside the party (lucky me I got in on my first try, I guess) and, even though I missed some other titles (I WANTED EVERYBODY DANCE :cry:) it's not my fault at all, because, er, I only knew about this program on the 2nd week of November... so, I'm anxious to see that package as soon as possible but I'll wait... Anyway, I have no clue on what's on their minds for January... but something tells me that it might be better than December was (and I'm a fan of Gran Turismo and I WANTED that LBP plushie...), in 2 days I'll see if I'm right or not :D

BTW, what's the time zone of House Party? Pacific Time, maybe?

[quote name='zennacko']Patiently waiting for my package... it's the first month I'm inside the party (lucky me I got in on my first try, I guess) and, even though I missed some other titles (I WANTED EVERYBODY DANCE :cry:) it's not my fault at all, because, er, I only knew about this program on the 2nd week of November... so, I'm anxious to see that package as soon as possible but I'll wait... Anyway, I have no clue on what's on their minds for January... but something tells me that it might be better than December was (and I'm a fan of Gran Turismo and I WANTED that LBP plushie...), in 2 days I'll see if I'm right or not :D

BTW, what's the time zone of House Party? Pacific Time, maybe?[/QUOTE]

Same here It's the first month I have been in the party. So, the wait begins.

Briefly looked through Amazon's upcoming PS3 releases and noticed the next big Sony release looks like Jak and Daxter Collection on Feb. 7. Well, that and a 4-in-1 pack of PSN games. I could see them doing either of those, maybe even both. Of course, they could always go off the board and give us something non-Sony (Final Fantasy XIII-2, please) or something older.

[quote name='Redeema']Briefly looked through Amazon's upcoming PS3 releases and noticed the next big Sony release looks like Jak and Daxter Collection on Feb. 7. Well, that and a 4-in-1 pack of PSN games. I could see them doing either of those, maybe even both. Of course, they could always go off the board and give us something non-Sony (Final Fantasy XIII-2, please) or something older.[/QUOTE]

If they add Jak HD Collection I'll cry. I really want that :drool:

Just wondering, how would you guys feel if a prize for one of the month's was an accessory instead of a game? Say, a bluetooth headset or a dualshock controller? Just wondering. :)

[quote name='Tsel']Just wondering, how would you guys feel if a prize for one of the month's was an accessory instead of a game? Say, a bluetooth headset or a dualshock controller? Just wondering. :)[/QUOTE]

As long as it's free... anything we get (except for fired bullets, missiles, diseases, letters with anthrax, terrorist attacks and debts) is fine by me... a dualshock controller is better than the headset though, but if we were to get both I wouldn't complain either... after all, I'm not paying for whatever I get. :D

[quote name='zennacko']As long as it's free... anything we get (except for fired bullets, missiles, diseases, letters with anthrax, terrorist attacks and debts) is fine by me... a dualshock controller is better than the headset though, but if we were to get both I wouldn't complain either... after all, I'm not paying for whatever I get. :D[/QUOTE]

Free is always good. :lol: I would love to have a second Dualshock 3 controller. My gf and I want to play through LBP, and Rathcet and Clank All 4 One.

[quote name='zennacko']If they add Jak HD Collection I'll cry. I really want that :drool:[/QUOTE]
I'll be honest that I never liked Jak and Daxter but I would be happy with the HD collection.

[quote name='Tsel']Just wondering, how would you guys feel if a prize for one of the month's was an accessory instead of a game? Say, a bluetooth headset or a dualshock controller? Just wondering. :)[/QUOTE]

I would like that. I could use a new controller, and my bluetooth is really crappy so pretty much any new bluetooth could be considered an upgrade lol

Please no speculation... as far as we can tell there is no logic or pattern to what they do. I mean GT 5 XL was basically announced via this party LOL.

[quote name='admiralvic']Please no speculation... as far as we can tell there is no logic or pattern to what they do. I mean GT 5 XL was basically announced via this party LOL.[/QUOTE]

lol yeah. Some even thought it was a typo.

[quote name='warpedsoul']All-4-One and Uncharted 3 are possibilities. Maybe even ICO collection. Who knows?[/QUOTE]

I hope not, lol. I paid $45 total for those games. I would definitely trade or sell them if that's the case.

I have no idea what next month will be. I'm not even gonna attempt to speculate, although at this point, it'll probably be something we've never even heard of.

[quote name='zennacko']As for me, I won't speculate too... I'm not picky about what I get for free.[/QUOTE]

I have the same mindset as you, lol. For instance when I first joined the program, we received MLB The Show 2011. I don't really play Baseball games, but I did have some fun playing the home run derby with the Move. Not something I would pay for, but it was quite fun.

bread's done
Back