Playstation Rewards program is back!

Got my GT5 XL in the mail yesterday, just got an email saying I got Jak and Daxter today. Nice! Most likely going to sell the GT5 XL since its not really my kind of game but that Jak and Daxter Collection is going to be getting some good mileage.

Got my january prizes. My barcode for J&D was sliced a bit but ok. The car charger is cool and i feel kind of dumb but i have no idea how to open the tool lol

Edit: Nevermind i got it to open lol

Gran Turismo 5XL came, waiting for it to update and all that jazz. It's going to be a while...

This is what pisses me off; they couldn't have put the most recent version on the disc, so that we could avoid all the updates? I'm sure they haven't have 4 huge updates in the last month since the game came out. Game companies need to get their crap together when they're doing stuff like this.

[quote name='Redeema']Gran Turismo 5XL came, waiting for it to update and all that jazz. It's going to be a while...

This is what pisses me off; they couldn't have put the most recent version on the disc, so that we could avoid all the updates? I'm sure they haven't have 4 huge updates in the last month since the game came out. Game companies need to get their crap together when they're doing stuff like this.[/QUOTE]
They probably don't want to chance the version they have on disc being different from older versions and and later update messing with one of the versions different than the other.

Also they might just be lazy.

My Gran Turismo 5XL had 2.0 which came out just as the game released from what I've read, and the newest update just came out this past week.

Got my Gran Turismo 5XL today. Never been a racing games fan so I'll probably trade it in. Might give it a chance though. Not quite sure yet.

Jak and Daxter Collection should be here tomorrow. Now THAT is something I'm going to keep!

[quote name='flameofdoom666']How do I open the tool??? lol[/QUOTE]

There is a thing you can hold down under the light switch to pull it out. It took me a zillion tries before it finally opened though.

[quote name='admiralvic']There is a thing you can hold down under the light switch to pull it out. It took me a zillion tries before it finally opened though.[/QUOTE]

Do you pull it towards the light switch, or away from it??

[quote name='flameofdoom666']Do you pull it towards the light switch, or away from it??[/QUOTE]

I pulled it down and away. Not too shabby!!

Thanks!

[quote name='my2k2zx2']Yup, mine doesnt light up either. I havent looked to see how to take it apart to see if the battery can be changed.[/QUOTE]

You have to turn it on AND press the button down. Thought mine wasn't working at first either.

[quote name='sydra']You have to turn it on AND press the button down. Thought mine wasn't working at first either.[/QUOTE]Not true. You just slide it to the on position. No need to press down on the button to turn it on but, since this thing is so cheap, you can press down on the button to turn it on. :lol:

I don't know why they even bothered with these little toys. I bought one of these screwdriver lights at Dollar Tree a couple of years ago...comparing the two, I can see that they are the exact same thing. The car charger is good to have, but I already have a more compact one. Oh well, the important thing is that my game is in good shape and loads of fun.

My light didn't work but whatever, I don't care too much.

A note about GT5 XL that I'm not sure is obvious or if it's been pointed out. After you use the voucher and download the DLC items...when you're in the game, you have to go all the way to the right, select Downloadable content, and install each item. I wasn't aware of that. I've got my cars now!

My light worked too, all the way to my house :lol:

That bad boy was on when I opened my envelope, it's just not real bright now. Still looks the same sitting on my shelf anyway.

Got my January package earlier this morning. The light works just fine and the J&D Collection wasn't in too bad of shape.

Started playing the J&D games. I thought J&D was alright, but I'm dreading Jak II.

Last edited by a moderator:
Managed to still get a Sack Boy plush from December :D
Told them i didn't do anything that month because i didn't want anything but the sackboy plush
a week later and now i have one :)

[quote name='djricekcn']Anyone know what the ModnationRacers Beta is?[/QUOTE]

People said they think it maybe some LBP racer thing but no one seems to know for sure. I'm sure if someone ends up with concrete information they'll post it if they are able to and not legally blocked in some way.

[quote name='dragon290513']got my points in, im among the top right now :D

anyone knows how i can get more than 1001 points for the full price? :p[/QUOTE]

Wait till next week it will last three days someone said. You can get 330 more points than.

[quote name='Ross_ON_Psn']I didn't get all my points for last week :\ I think I might be doing something wrong. I followed the guide.[/QUOTE]

Which ones didn't you get and how many do you have now? Also did you complete this weeks yet?

[quote name='Puppet Master']Which ones didn't you get and how many do you have now? Also did you complete this weeks yet?[/QUOTE]

I just completed this weeks and got all the points (except for one photo I forgot to upload). The first week I got 54, the second week I got 162 (missing some), and this week I got 300 with 30 more on the way. Total of 522(552) now.
I think I misinterpreted what a sponsored post was, so I didn't get the points for that. I also didn't get points for 2 of the polls. And one other thing was missing, can't remember

[quote name='Puppet Master']Which ones didn't you get and how many do you have now? Also did you complete this weeks yet?[/QUOTE]

I didn't receive the 36 points for doing two of the quizzes from the last week. The sponsored posts are the official announcements from Sony. You know the posts where they announce the week one challenges etc. You have to comment three times on those posts.

Crap, meant to do this yesterday. Missed out on MLB this month. I guess it's okay since I don't like sports games all too much anyways. May as well skip this & next week too since the beta is probably going to be free anyways. At least I'll get a poster.

Maybe never. March is the last month they're supposed to run the program. So, unless they decide to extend or run another similar program, you're out of luck. Sorry.

[quote name='Redeema']Maybe never. March is the last month they're supposed to run the program. So, unless they decide to extend or run another similar program, you're out of luck. Sorry.[/QUOTE]

I really hope they do extend the program. If not, it was definitely a good run.

Wait. What is happening with the short weeks again? When does such happen? Sorry, I don't recall seeing a date...

[quote name='ProAnon']Wait. What is happening with the short weeks again? When does such happen? Sorry, I don't recall seeing a date...[/QUOTE]
It should be in about six days (when this week ends), you can check by looking at how many days are left to collect points for this week.

[quote name='Gamer44']It should be in about six days (when this week ends), you can check by looking at how many days are left to collect points for this week.[/QUOTE]

Wow, my bad. Got that totally mixed up with the end of the overall month period, and thought the month in general was over on the 26th or 27th or whatever. :dunce:

dang i would be bummed if they don't extend it.. this is the first month i got in on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Redeema']Maybe never. March is the last month they're supposed to run the program. So, unless they decide to extend or run another similar program, you're out of luck. Sorry.[/QUOTE]

Yep, Sony has reported so many loss this past month I'd be surprised(yet still hopeful) the program gets renewed in April.

[quote name='Puppet Master']Wait till next week it will last three days someone said. You can get 330 more points than.[/QUOTE]

Officially from [email protected]:

Thank you for your email, and your patience as we looked into this with the appropriate member of the House Party team.

There will still be four weeks of challenges, but please note that Week 4 will be extremely short. The challenges will be open from February 27 through February 29. We will be updating the FAQ to reflect this, and the Week 4 reminder email will also note this.

Thank you so much for bringing this confusion to our attention - keep rackin' up those points and party on!

Sincerely,
Susan
House Party Community Support

Just Got Almost 900 points today and waiting on the week four thing to get my last 330 points. i'll wind up getting all three prizes so WOOT. never been a fan of the MLB games but i'll ether try it out anyways or trade it in somewhere for extra cash lol the poster and beta ill keep x3

Anyone having troubles adding a party talk post? The circle "loading/waiting" icon just keeps spinning in the middle of my post when I click on 'Post'. It posts but it never gives me credit for it as it's still showing me as needing three posts. I'll have enough for the final tier of points but I just wanted to max it out :(

bread's done
Back