Playstation vr Not live yet

It's not on the website yet, but I just called BB customer service and they were able to set up a pre-order for one of these over the phone. Give them a ring if you want to get a jump on this.

Sold out in UK and Germany (Amazon stores) pretty quickly. So the chances for flipping/reselling might be decent.

This comment makes me think you're on the wrong website. Slickdeals.com is that way ----->
Have you forgotten the dedicated flipping threads we used to have years ago? He is in the right place and so am i. I have 400 gamestop bucks from flipping I can use or buy with store credit at best buy. What a time to be a cag

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not on the website yet, but I just called BB customer service and they were able to set up a pre-order for one of these over the phone. Give them a ring if you want to get a jump on this.
Seriously? You just said that you wanted to pre-order the playstation VR and they did it?

Did you get an e-mail confirmation / order number?

After reading about the virtual apollo 11 trip to the moon which is coming out for the PSVR I know I'll have to have one. Quick question, if I'm a prime member and pre order a game and my prime expires before then (in this case free 30 day trial) then when the game comes out do I still get the 20% off?

Seriously? You just said that you wanted to pre-order the playstation VR and they did it?

Did you get an e-mail confirmation / order number?
Yeah it's got blank parts for the Shipped Items area, though. The Model and SKU lines aren't populated and the product image is just a grey square. Kinda weird. It does say Playstation VR, Qty 1, and price $399.99 for the line item. I'll keep checking the order status periodically to see if everything is okay.

Yeah it's got blank parts for the Shipped Items area, though. The Model and SKU lines aren't populated and the product image is just a grey square. Kinda weird. It does say Playstation VR, Qty 1, and price $399.99 for the line item. I'll keep checking the order status periodically to see if everything is okay.
Cool. Might trying calling in a little bit too then. Thanks for the info.

Gn2xKmc.gif

That gif would be valid if there hadn't already been a camera on the market for 2 years and it launched with the psvr and only sold separately.

Even if this thing were to bomb the scalpers are out in full force. They are going to capitalize so I expect stock issues.

i dont think VR movies are a thing yet. I could be wrong, actually I think I am.

Thats a good question
They said you can play games and movies in a virtual theater with VR, but they didn't say anything about 3D, which would be a shame, since it has the tech to do it.

Have you forgotten the dedicated flipping threads we used to have years ago? He is in the right place and so am i. I have 400 gamestop bucks from flipping I can use or buy with store credit at best buy. What a time to be a cag
Wow. A whole $400 from running around looking for games to flip to Gamestop to make a couple of dollars. Your parents must be so proud. We don't have those threads you speak about anymore for a reason. This is Cheap Ass Gamer, not Cheap Ass Scavenger.

Amazon prime 30 day trial gives 20% off pre order games & newly released games so if I say want to pre order a game while I have prime but that comes out after my prime expires does it bill me the full retail of the game since my prime has expired?

no the discount applies to when you order it..so if you ordered it before your prime expires you'd still get the discount even if the game hasn't come out yet ..it charges you when it ships..similar to someone who orders something before their prime expires and gets 2 day shipping ..if their prime expires they would still get it in 2 days because they ordered it when they had prime

Wow. A whole $400 from running around looking for games to flip to Gamestop to make a couple of dollars. Your parents must be so proud. We don't have those threads you speak about anymore for a reason. This is Cheap Ass Gamer, not Cheap Ass Scavenger.
Someone didn't make 700 dollars during the big flip this past year when gs gave 60% bonus to 30 dollar titles lol.don't try to offend strangers when you are upset. Stay salty old man

Amazon prime 30 day trial gives 20% off pre order games & newly released games so if I say want to pre order a game while I have prime but that comes out after my prime expires does it bill me the full retail of the game since my prime has expired?
This is hardware. The 20% discount doesn't apply.

About the weight, I think I seen somewhere it said it's 1.6 lbs. Doesn't seem too heavy.
oculus dk2 was a nightmare to wear for long periods of time because of the weight, I hope their consumer version is more comfortable, but 1.6 pounds seems insanely light

Someone didn't make 700 dollars during the big flip this past year when gs gave 60% bonus to 30 dollar titles lol.don't try to offend strangers when you are upset. Stay salty old man
Awwwwww. You're so cute. You're at that age when $700 is a lot of money to you. Hope you didn't spend it all on Pokemon cards and trips to McDonalds. When you move out of your Mommy's basement, you'll see that $700 isn't a lot of money and some people spend that on video games to play rather than to just run back and forth to Gamestop to make a quick buck.

Awwwwww. You're so cute. You're at that age when $700 is a lot of money to you. Hope you didn't spend it all on Pokemon cards and trips to McDonalds. When you move out of your Mommy's basement, you'll see that $700 isn't a lot of money and some people spend that on video games to play rather than to just run back and forth to Gamestop to make a quick buck.
I don't "flip" or do whatever these guys or kids are doing, but if they are younger why not just let them have their fun? If they spend a day and or two and get an extra $700 out of GameStop, who cares? It's a free country, quit being bitter about everything and worry about yourself. You'll be a lot happier bud.

Can we make up our minds? Do we attack people for making money or attack people for being lazy and not making money?

giphy.gif

If it's not a lot of money, can you please send me $700? I take Paypal. That's more than 2 months worth of student loan payments for me.

Wow Jawwaad1, big statement for someone who works at Target, isn't $700 like a weeks worth of salary for you. Heck I make $55 an hour and to me even $700 is alot of money.

When you have responsibilities $700 is a lot of money regardless of how much money you make. There's always something more practical that $700 could go to (rent/mortgage, childcare, groceries, home improvements).

And if Jawwaad1 really does work at Target that $700 is way more than a weeks worth of salary. Even if he was making $16/hr which seems high for a Target Employee, 16X40=640 then there's taxes, so at most he is bringing in around $500/week

Any chance you guys can take your cat fight to private messaging and keep this thread focused on discussing the ins and outs of this non-deal that is not yet available for pre-order?

Any chance you guys can take your cat fight to private messaging and keep this thread focused on discussing this non-deal that is not yet available for pre-order?
I disagree. Let's get a mod to sticky this thread so we can have a thread always top of the list, front page about a deal that doesn't exist that's not even actually a deal full of people arguing about something totally unrelated.

Monopoly money does not count :).

Awwwwww. You're so cute. You're at that age when $700 is a lot of money to you. Hope you didn't spend it all on Yu-Gi-Oh cards and trips to Burger King. When you move out of your Daddy's basement, you'll see that $700 isn't a lot of money and some people spend that on video games to play rather than to just run back and forth to Gamestop to make a quick buck.
FTFY

Wow Jawwaad1, big statement for someone who works at Target, isn't $700 like a weeks worth of salary for you. Heck I make $55 an hour and to me even $700 is alot of money.
The only target employees getting $700 a week are a store manager or person working at corporate. Regular store runners...No. Half that.

I'm not hating on folks. I was planning to buy one and flip it, take that profit and get a Vive or Oculus.

Also lol at $700 not being a lot of money. I mean it's not ridiculous or anything, but I can't imagine anyone being on this site who can spend $700 without batting an eye

I'm surprised no one has pointed out that the OP is wrong.  Playstation VR is available and has been available to preorder on amazon uk pretty much the whole time.  I think it went briefly OOS, but then came back and has been up.

It's also worth it to point out that flipping is when you buy something and trade it in somewhere else.  What people really want to do with PSVR is scalp it.

It's also worth it to point out that flipping is when you buy something and trade it in somewhere else. What people really want to do with PSVR is scalp it.

I'm 1/64 Comanche Indian and I disapprove of that verbiage. I have no reservation in calling you out on this. Some may call it a gamble on my part, but I needed to do it.

I would ask you to "take it back"...but, historically, that only worsens things for my people.

#dadjokes

It's also worth it to point out that flipping is when you buy something and trade it in somewhere else. What people really want to do with PSVR is scalp it.
It's actually not. "Flipping" was a real estate term long before it was a video game term. And last I checked, Gamestop doesn't take trade ins on houses.

They specifically mention that it's non-returnable and non-refundable. Does Newegg apply that to all of their electronics? Seems kinda weird to tell someone they can't return a $400 electronics item, so even if it doesn't work I guess you are SOL. I wonder if they are applying that policy specifically to this item because they are expecting a significant buy/return rate if the scalpers can't sell them for more than MSRP.

EDIT: Ok, maybe not totally SOL because of the Sony warranty, but still, to not allow you to return it to store on day one if you get a broken one is pretty shitty. Sending it to Sony I imagine would take several weeks if not a month or two to get it back.

I called BBY to try to order it like a poster above, but he stated you must order it online or in-store. I was told there will be plenty in-stock and not to worry, whatever that means

They specifically mention that it's non-returnable and non-refundable. Does Newegg apply that to all of their electronics? Seems kinda weird to tell someone they can't return a $400 electronics item, so even if it doesn't work I guess you are SOL. I wonder if they are applying that policy specifically to this item because they are expecting a significant buy/return rate if the scalpers can't sell them for more than MSRP.
They have the same policy for PS4 consoles. It also states that if the item doesn't work, you have to go through the manufacturer and use the warranty. So it is Sony's job to replace it if it is broken.

They have the same policy for PS4 consoles. It also states that if the item doesn't work, you have to go through the manufacturer and use the warranty. So it is Sony's job to replace it if it is broken.
Yeah I just edited my post to reflect that. Still sucks though to have to be stuck with a broken one on day one and not be able to go back to the store for an exchange. Is that common practice for TV's or video game consoles? I've been lucky enough so far not to have a video game system come broken to me on day one, but I know a couple others that have experienced it.

I'm surprised no one has pointed out that the OP is wrong. Playstation VR is available and has been available to preorder on amazon uk pretty much the whole time. I think it went briefly OOS, but then came back and has been up.

I don't have any proof but I thought I read that they sold out of the ones that would arrive on launch.

There was many reports that UK retailers were sold out quickly. They must have since came back in Stock.

About the weight again, on the official spec sheet from Sony it lists weight as 620g.

Another thing worth pointing out. PS VR using one screen for both eyes, where as the competition(Rift & Vive) have separate screens(one for each eye).

I'm 1/64 Comanche Indian and I disapprove of that verbiage. I have no reservation in calling you out on this. Some may call it a gamble on my part, but I needed to do it.

I would ask you to "take it back"...but, historically, that only worsens things for my people.

#dadjokes
How has this post not gone noticed? Its a work of art!

bread's done
Back