Playstation vr Not live yet

Wow Jawwaad1, big statement for someone who works at Target, isn't $700 like a weeks worth of salary for you. Heck I make $55 an hour and to me even $700 is alot of money.
Lmao. It's not a lot of money. I have sneakers that cost almost that much. I don't see why someone would waste their time flipping something for $10-$20 unless they are flipping 20+ on a regular basis. I'm not a fan of flippers but I know dudes that flip sneakers that they pay $200 for but sell them for $600+ and it takes them 5 minutes behind a computer to get them? They do this 3 or 4 times a month. This would be worthy of my time if I was into flipping. What I don't understand is that people cry left and right about scalpers here but embrace them here also.A flipper is a scalper. Same difference. I understand if you buy a game, play it, then trade it in but it seems in a lot of these threads, dudes brag about buying something with nothing but the intention to flip it.

Heads up, there's a Groupon deal $40 for a $50 Target e-gift card.  I created a thread in the non-gaming deals section if you want the direct link. 

Lmao. It's not a lot of money. I have sneakers that cost almost that much. I don't see why someone would waste their time flipping something for $10-$20 unless they are flipping 20+ on a regular basis. I'm not a fan of flippers but I know dudes that flip sneakers that they pay $200 for but sell them for $600+ and it takes them 5 minutes behind a computer to get them? They do this 3 or 4 times a month. This would be worthy of my time if I was into flipping. What I don't understand is that people cry left and right about scalpers here but embrace them here also.A flipper is a scalper. Same difference. I understand if you buy a game, play it, then trade it in but it seems in a lot of these threads, dudes brag about buying something with nothing but the intention to flip it.
You sound like a kid in 4th grade that kept bragging about how rich he was. I eventually saw where he lived and learned several simple but valuable life lessons about people and how the world works.

You sound like a kid in 4th grade that kept bragging about how rich he was. I eventually saw where he lived and learned several simple but valuable life lessons about people and how the world works.
Lmao. What am I bragging about? Dude came at me about how he made $700 from flipping at GameStop. I replied that $700 isn't a lot of money, when in fact it isn't and gave my reason why I don't think so. Are you saying cause I live in Bmore, there's a problem?

You're bragging about how "rich" you are and how expensive your shoes are.

Does it really bother you how people choose to spend their time that much?

You're bragging about how "rich" you are and how expensive your shoes are.
Does it really bother you how people choose to spend their time that much?
Lmao. I'm definitely not rich but you're missing the point. $700 isn't that much money and the overall point is that this site seems to turned into slickdeals. I've seen so many cry about flippers and scalpers but embrace them here also. I've missed out on many things because flippers and scalpers bought them up, so yeah, I don't like them.

Lmao. I'm definitely not rich but you're missing the point. $700 isn't that much money and the overall point is that this site seems to turned into slickdeals. I've seen so many cry about flippers and scalpers but embrace them here also. I've missed out on many things because flippers and scalpers bought them up, so yeah, I don't like them.
this site has been slickdeals for a while now.

time to move on people. i don't need anymore alerts about people fussing with one another.

Please post when pre-order date has been confirmed. 

This probably won't be that hard to get around launch. They were probably ready to launch this summer but waiting till October allows them to have more games and stock ready. 

If you didn't think anything could be worse than this discussion, just imagine putting on VR goggles and being transported into a virtual reconstruction of this thread, fully populated by its contributors spewing their posts in a horrific simulacrum.

This probably won't be that hard to get around launch. They were probably ready to launch this summer but waiting till October allows them to have more games and stock ready.
I'm waiting until January when the VR fad will be over and these will be on clearance.

I'm waiting until January when the VR fad will be over and these will be on clearance.
Haha...so silly. Only people who have never tried VR say things like that. I don't exactly expect it to go mainstream, replace TVs/monitors, and be THE WAY to play Call of Duty 2020. And even PSVR itself might fall short. It seems a bit underpowered compared to its PC counterparts. How that hurts the experience remains to be seen.

But with the right applications and within the right context, the uses for VR are endless. Driving games, flight sims, scuba diving games, walking simulators, virtual movie theaters, virtual tourism, Google Streetview, physical therapy for amputees, space exploration, etc.

Calling VR a fad is incredibly ignorant. You sound like somebody in the early 1900s calling airplanes a fad. :lol:

Haha...so silly. Only people who have never tried VR say things like that. I don't exactly expect it to go mainstream, replace TVs/monitors, and be THE WAY to play Call of Duty 2020. And even PSVR itself might fall short. It seems a bit underpowered compared to its PC counterparts. How that hurts the experience remains to be seen.

But with the right applications and within the right context, the uses for VR are endless. Driving games, flight sims, scuba diving games, walking simulators, virtual movie theaters, virtual tourism, Google Streetview, physical therapy for amputees, space exploration, etc.

Calling VR a fad is incredibly ignorant. You sound like somebody in the early 1900s calling airplanes a fad. :lol:
I was being a little facetious (especially with my timeframe). Although I do think it will be a highly niche item for quite a long time (if not forever). The problem with Sony and other similar companies jumping into this is that they have seemingly no way to make this product have any broad appeal, therefore, it will be a fad for them just like motion controls were a fad last generation and so on. I'm sure VR will be great long term but once the newness wears off on the early adopters, I don't see too many mainstream people buying into the product. It's still clunky and expensive and also still a peripheral and incredibly hard to market. The early adopters and techies will continue to enjoy it and push it forward in a niche way. In 10 to 15 years when you can put on a $50 pair of cordless sunglasses and get a great VR experience, you might see VR be viable in a mainstream way. Until then, companies like Sony are going to give up on it because they don't want to try to make money off of niche products.

Last edited by a moderator:
I knew this post was coming. Have I been on the internet too long when you know the "here's what I can buy" follow up post is coming? Probably 75% of the posters are not telling the truth, and most of the other 25% are just arrogant or naive.

I was being a little facetious (especially with my timeframe). Although I do think it will be a highly niche item for quite a long time (if not forever). The problem with Sony and other similar companies jumping into this is that they have seemingly no way to make this product have any broad appeal, therefore, it will be a fad for them just like motion controls were a fad last generation and so on. I'm sure VR will be great long term but once the newness wears off on the early adopters, I don't see too many mainstream people buying into the product. It's still clunky and expensive and also still a peripheral and incredibly hard to market. The early adopters and techies will continue to enjoy it and push it forward in a niche way. In 10 to 15 years when you can put on a $50 pair of cordless sunglasses and get a great VR experience, you might see VR be viable in a mainstream way. Until then, companies like Sony are going to give up on it because they don't want to try to make money off of niche products.
That's definitely possible. I think there's definitely a disconnect between what VR can currently do and what people want it to do. And a company like Sony isn't exactly mitigating that. Honestly, the smartest thing they could do is set up demos with Project CARS or Alien: Isolation (a RIDICULOUS VR experience), and just let people see for themselves.

But I feel like anybody wanting it for a fast run and gun type of shooter is going to be so disappointed...and that's when the bad reviews are going to come. VR is very limited in its scope right now. But what it does well...it does VERY WELL. Literally one of the most enjoyable VR experiences is American Truck Simulator (and naturally, Euro Truck Simulator 2). It's not competitive, fast twitch gaming. But it's one of the most immersive experiences you can have.

Honestly, the most "broad appeal" aspect of VR could be the virtual theaters. Having your own private 80ft screen that you can strap on whenever you want is pretty amazing. Granted, it's even better in mobile form like with Gear VR. But it's still something that should pique everyone's interest.

Honestly, the most "broad appeal" aspect of VR could be the virtual theaters. Having your own private 80ft screen that you can strap on whenever you want is pretty amazing. Granted, it's even better in mobile form like with Gear VR. But it's still something that should pique everyone's interest.
Why would the Gear VR be better for virtual theaters? Or are you just saying convenience wise?

I think it's funny how in like 10 years or so when VR is done right and they'll be a slim form factors, we'll probably look back at the size of these psvr headsets and talk about how ridiculous they looked with all the cords coming out of them etc.

It's actually not. "Flipping" was a real estate term long before it was a video game term. And last I checked, Gamestop doesn't take trade ins on houses.
Gaming doesn't use the real estate definition for this very reason. Now, if Gamestop starts buying homes, we can negotiate the gaming definition.

Also, many gamers that don't care to be flippers (because they don't have the time, skill, whatever) get salty when people openly do it here because it's profiting at a fellow gamer's expense (literally), mainly when quantity is very limited (which is usually the best flipping opportunity). If a flipper buys 5, sells 4 at a 100% markup to get theirs free (& more money), that means quantity that's already limited is even more scarce. This also means the non flipper will either pay double, or have to go without a game/gaming device that they've looked forward to (preorder isn't realistic because they're gone in 5 min). It just feels like gamer on gamer crime if you are on the consumer only end. It's truly the publisher's fault IMHO, as anything that has limited quantity will be ripe for price gouging by someone. It hurts worse when it's someone that understands your passion for gaming, it seems.

honestly if one was buying this just for a virtual theater..i'd rather but a projector and a screen... i have one and use it for movies the screen is 100" and I have it in my living room of my apartment...so doesn't really take up space. I mean imagine having a VR headset on your head for 2-3 hours watching a movie it'd be very uncomfortable. Also, I highly doubt this will be very useful for at least 1-2 years until games actually start coming out for it...you guys remember the ps4 camera everyone was excited about it when it first came out was even selling on ebay for like 150 dollars a people were buying it but then afterwards it turned out to be a piece of crap ... you got to use it for a virtual game room and a virtual pet or something. Games actually started figuring out way to avoid using it like just dance started using cell phones to track movements instead of the cam stuff..anyways it's up to everyone but I'd suggest waiting until this thing drops in price and if you're only buying it for a "virtual theater" experience I wouldn't ...especially if you may wanna watch movies with other people at the same time...2+ heads don't fit inside one headset ;)

honestly if one was buying this just for a virtual theater..i'd rather but a projector and a screen... i have one and use it for movies the screen is 100" and I have it in my living room of my apartment...so doesn't really take up space. I mean imagine having a VR headset on your head for 2-3 hours watching a movie it'd be very uncomfortable. Also, I highly doubt this will be very useful for at least 1-2 years until games actually start coming out for it...you guys remember the ps4 camera everyone was excited about it when it first came out was even selling on ebay for like 150 dollars a people were buying it but then afterwards it turned out to be a piece of crap ... you got to use it for a virtual game room and a virtual pet or something. Games actually started figuring out way to avoid using it like just dance started using cell phones to track movements instead of the cam stuff..anyways it's up to everyone but I'd suggest waiting until this thing drops in price and if you're only buying it for a "virtual theater" experience I wouldn't ...especially if you may wanna watch movies with other people at the same time...2+ heads don't fit inside one headset ;)
comparing the ps4 camera to a new technology is a wasteful argument.

have you even tried VR? it's probably the coolest thing I have experienced since I was first introduced to video games.

I knew this post was coming. Have I been on the internet too long when you know the "here's what I can buy" follow up post is coming? Probably 75% of the posters are not telling the truth, and most of the other 25% are just arrogant or naive.
Well, I can tag and post pics if you would like. No need for me to lie. I'm a sneakerhead as well as a gamer. Just don't have time to game as much as I like. I don't like flippers, scalpers, or what ever you want to call them. They take away from gamers and sneakerheads who want to actually enjoy and own the item they are buying up just to resell. This is a blemish on the gaming and sneakerhead community and I just don't agree with those type of people basically being open about their intentions here to buy and resell then being embraced here.

Well, I can tag and post pics if you would like. No need for me to lie. I'm a sneakerhead as well as a gamer. Just don't have time to game as much as I like. I don't like flippers, scalpers, or what ever you want to call them. They take away from gamers and sneakerheads who want to actually enjoy and own the item they are buying up just to resell. This is a blemish on the gaming and sneakerhead community and I just don't agree with those type of people basically being open about their intentions here to buy and resell then being embraced here.
The thing with flippers though is the items they are flipping arent the hard to find items gamers are looking for it. Its a bunch of copies of GTA and Battlefield.

The thing with flippers though is the items they are flipping arent the hard to find items gamers are looking for it. Its a bunch of copies of GTA and Battlefield.
Not really. My initial post was in reply of a poster here that was talking about buying a PlayStation VR in order to flip it for a profit. These might be very limited at first and I personally want one on release but might have to miss out due to scalpers buying them up to flip.

Not really. My initial post was in reply of a poster here that was talking about buying a PlayStation VR in order to flip it for a profit. These might be very limited at first and I personally want one on release but might have to miss out due to scalpers buying them up to flip.
Scalpers and flippers are different. Flippers are they ones that buy a product with the purpose of trading it to a retailer for a profit. Generally Best Buy, Gamestop or Amazon.

A scalper is someone who buys a item with the intent of selling it to another person for a mark up.

Scalpers and flippers are different. Flippers are they ones that buy a product with the purpose of trading it to a retailer for a profit. Generally Best Buy, Gamestop or Amazon.

A scalper is someone who buys a item with the intent of selling it to another person for a mark up.
This is word semantics to me. If GameStop is having a great trade in sale and a person buys up all the copies of GTA V at another retailer who is having a good sale on GTA V, so they can flip it to GameStop, yet I came right after to buy GTA V and there are no copies left, this is no different than a scalper buying an entire inventory up. Flippers make a profit just like a scalper but one is making cash the other retail credit.

Can we hold off on the bitching about Flippers until AFTER you don't get a pre-order in because scalpers beat you to it?

Then you can rightfully complain, until then you're just whining at the concept which is pointless.

Sometimes I think I should just wait to see reviews on the VR and then I realize how blown away by Virtual Boy I was & nothing like it has come since so the VR should not disappoint, or not me at least.

Sometimes I think I should just wait to see reviews on the VR and then I realize how blown away by Virtual Boy I was & nothing like it has come since so the VR should not disappoint, or not me at least.
Plus 50% less neck strain! I never had a virtual boy but tried one at some club store. Probably got pink eye but it was still pretty amazing.

I think it's funny how in like 10 years or so when VR is done right and they'll be a slim form factors, we'll probably look back at the size of these psvr headsets and talk about how ridiculous they looked with all the cords coming out of them etc.
In 10 years they speculate to have the cord down to 1 umbilical cord if you will, but at the cost of more bulk.

toshiba-head-dome-projector.jpg

Nintendo had primitive VR sets in the 90s, 20 years later look almost the same but obviously better graphics.

comparing the ps4 camera to a new technology is a wasteful argument.

have you even tried VR? it's probably the coolest thing I have experienced since I was first introduced to video games.
I have and its pretty cool. Just saying that I don't think AAA games will adapt VR so soon. But I was mainly commenting on ppl buying it for the "virtual theater" only.

I'm sure watching USC last year got you pink eye as well :p

...Am I the only one wondering why this thread hasn't been locked yet...
Not enough wrestling gifs?

BTW just preordered two from Amazon and one from Best Buy! Go go go go! Both gave 20% off, must have been a glitch?

J/k

Why would the Gear VR be better for virtual theaters? Or are you just saying convenience wise?
Well, it probably depends on your lifestyle a little bit. But for me, portability and convenience play a big role. I've been on board with Oculus from day one and have a DK1, DK2, and a Gear VR (ironically, I'm holding off on the consumer Rift because I'm not in love with the direction things have gone in since the Facebook acquisition, but we'll see how it goes over the next year).

But for a virtual theater experience, to me, you'd want it as an option when a living room and a big screen TV (or a projector like srac84 mentions) is not. Whether that means you're a college student living in a dorm room...or you have a small apartment...or you have family members competing for the same space. The caveat of the Rift/Vive and the PSVR is that you have to be tethered to a PC/console. So, even then, you're going to be limited to a living room/bedroom/den/etc.

With Gear VR (or hell, even that cheapie Viewmaster one if you don't have a Samsung phone), you can take it anywhere. You could lie in a hammock in the back yard and watch a movie on a gigantic screen. You could watch a movie in Starbucks. Or you could even throw that thing on while sitting on the can. There's just a lot of options that are not possible with the technically more powerful VR headsets. And it can be a lifesaver on trips to visit family.

That said, Gear VR is not without flaws. Since it uses your phone to run on, it will drain your battery quick and it actually has some overheating issues as well. It varies from app to app. I have watched an entire 85 minute Netflix documentary while lying in bed without problem. Other times, certain video streaming apps can make the phone overheat in 15 minutes. It kind of sucks, but hopefully it's something they get figured out.

And of course, Gear VR (or any phone based VR) is not going to be that great for gaming. We're really not even sure if PSVR is going to be "good enough" yet. But whatever the graphics/resolution/framerate for PSVR ends up being...anything on a phone is obviously going to be far below that. But if the big selling point for you is virtual theaters...and you like the idea of not being leashed to your PS4/PC, Gear VR would definitely be worth considering.

My decision to buy a Gear VR (I already owned an S6) was based on thinking of it like a handheld system. Why do people buy Vitas when they have a Playstation? Well, because you can't always take your Playstation with you everywhere.

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/710813404387082240?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Apparently only the bundle for $500 will be available for pre-order not the core version for $400. My interest is sinking. 

bread's done
Back