Please Lock This Thread, No Longer Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should I change the name of this thread, or what? It seems that it being stickied and usually at the top of the Xbox360 forums isn't enough to keep people from posting these types of threads.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']Should I change the name of this thread, or what? It seems that it being stickied and usually at the top of the Xbox360 forums isn't enough to keep people from posting these types of threads.[/quote]

I can't imagine how you'd name it anything clearer... maybe "Xbox 360 FAQ for Potential Buyers/New Owners - Read before posting a new thread"? I don't know... it's pretty obvious that people just aren't looking at the sticky or else they wouldn't be posting new questions.

I asked an intelligent question and got nothing. This kid post a question that he has done no research on and gets alot. I'm just gonna simplify my question cause I guess this is all I really want to know.

1. Is the stand with a fan on the bottem a good pick up?

2. Good t.v recomendation under 700$. (not part of my first post)

3. And, how is the eharmony remote?

[quote name='Chris Dillon']I asked an intelligent question and got nothing. This kid post a question that he has done no research on and gets alot. I'm just gonna simplify my question cause I guess this is all I really want to know.

3. And, how is the eharmony remote?[/quote] Sorry for the slow response, I didn't see your question due to that dumb thread being merged into this one, but anyways..

1. It seems that this and the Nyko Intercooler do about the same thing, it just depends on if you want your system to sit vertical (only way you could use the fan stand) or horizontal (can use Nyko either way). But yes, either one is a good pick-up.

2. The Samsung TXS2782H 27" http://www.nextag.com/Samsung-TXS2782H-27-Direct-503892514/prices-html

3. Overpriced and not worth it, just get the smaller, cheaper remote.

The only reason I'm after the Eharmony one is if I can get it somewhere for around 75$ as my remote for my whole system when I get it to the point I want it. I like the ability to push one button and have everything ready to go. I have heard that eharmony remote allows you to push one button and everything will go to the 360. The t.v will turn on and switch to that imput and the 360 would turn on. Yes i'm lazy. No thanks to that t.v also. Its not 16'9.

Which games would you reccomend to me? I just got a 360 with oblivion (why is that highlited?) and was wondering if there were any good games that lasted pretty long, but didn't get stale.

Check out the demos if you are connected to the internet, they help the most in choosing your next game. If you're not connected to the 'net, what's your fav genre(s)?

Well uh..anything. I just like what's good, but my least favorite genre is sports games.

I can connect to the internet, but it's kind of hard, pc isn't in my room. When I move I think that'll change.

Are these demos free?

[quote name='javeryh']I can't imagine how you'd name it anything clearer... maybe "Xbox 360 FAQ for Potential Buyers/New Owners - Read before posting a new thread"? I don't know... it's pretty obvious that people just aren't looking at the sticky or else they wouldn't be posting new questions.[/QUOTE]
X has done all he can - all that's left is to hope they get a temp ban for not paying attention :lol:

[quote name='King_Sprout']Well uh..anything. I just like what's good, but my least favorite genre is sports games.

I can connect to the internet, but it's kind of hard, pc isn't in my room. When I move I think that'll change.

Are these demos free?[/QUOTE]

yep,all demos are free. as for internet it may be a good idea to start thinking about a wireless router and a wirless hub for your 360... the whole setup should not cost too mutch, probably $60 total if you plan it out wisely.

[quote name='KaneRobot']all that's left is to hope they get a temp ban for not paying attention :lol:[/quote]
For real, I'm just glad I'm not a mod because I would not take to those people kindly :lol:

can someone hook me up with a wireless set up to get my 360 hooked up at the cheapest price. Currently I have nothing but a big long ass ethernet cord that I would plug into my ps2 from my moden.

[quote name='Chris Dillon']can someone hook me up with a wireless set up to get my 360 hooked up at the cheapest price. Currently I have nothing but a big long ass ethernet cord that I would plug into my ps2 from my moden.[/QUOTE]

theres a new topic in the 360 forums with all the info, look around there.

Hey, I have a big problem with XBOX LIVE. I'm still on regular X-BOX and I just got connected to LIVE. I already had my gamer tag linked up to my.NET passport, and now I don't know how to transfer it to the XBOX so I can play online. Do I have to have a 360 to set up this .NET stuff straight?

[quote name='Chris Dillon']I asked an intelligent question and got nothing. This kid post a question that he has done no research on and gets alot. I'm just gonna simplify my question cause I guess this is all I really want to know.

3. And, how is the eharmony remote?[/quote]
I wouldn't pick up the fan. If I thought I needed to get the fan for it to work properly I wouldn't even pick up the system.

[quote name='Chris Dillon']can someone hook me up with a wireless set up to get my 360 hooked up at the cheapest price. Currently I have nothing but a big long ass ethernet cord that I would plug into my ps2 from my moden.[/quote]
I think you can just use two wireless routers bridged. Hopefully someone knows more about this because I plan to do that for my 360 soon.

So, I broke down and picked up a 360 yesterday - Dead Rising was really the game that pushed me over the edge. No, I haven't decided against the PS3 - I've been saving up for it and actually overshot my goal, so I had enough to pickup the 360 as well. This time last year, my gameplan was to end up w/ a PS3 & Wii, but I was so underwhelmed with the Wii after E3, and had started to become more impressed with the 360 that I decided a PS360 was actually the combination for me.

Anyway, so far I'm really enjoying the system. I picked up Dead Rising (as mentioned) and Condemned, tho I haven't played Condemned yet. Dead rising is a lot of fun and looks great running in 1080i. I've also played around with the dashboard features a little - it's kinda neat that I can stream music from my pc to the system. Also downloaded the N3 demo, and I'm most likely picking that up next week.

My only complaint so far is I just had DR give me a dirty disk error. I haven't even had the system a full day yet, so this really isn't encouraging. I did pickup the system from EB so I could get the year warranty, but still I'm hoping it was just a fluke. Lost a lot of progress due to the error tho, so not thrilled about it.

So since I haven't been following the system much, what should I be looking into that's either already released or upcoming? I know about Lost Planet, which I'm really excited about, and of course Gears of War. Has there been any early word on the 2 upcoming RPGs?

Also keep in mind I have a gaming pc, so I have no interest in titles such as Oblivion, Prey, etc. for my 360.

EDIT: One more question. My main gripe with the N3 demo is that the camera controlls are reversed from what I'm used to. Anyone know if you'll have the option to invert in the final release?

what he said and get the MS warranty, it's $60 for 2 years and can be used as much as you need it (as opposed to EB, which just lets you exchange once)

Well, the warranty info would have been useful beforehand I suppose - but oh well. As for that other thread, it really answered none of my questions. I was really curious about the upcoming RPGs, more "quircky" games (I heard someone recently mention a game that had "Witch" in the title?), etc.

Maybe I should have clarified that even tho I haven't been following the 360 scene, I haven't been living in a cave either and know about the "big" games such as GRAW, Gears of War, etc. ;)

argyle,

What did you dislike about the Wii at E3? I am not saying the system is be all, end all and for everybody, but you were deciding on the the wii and ps3 before E3, what happened at E3 that changed your mind. I thought Nintendo did very well at E3, I know they definately weren't blownaway by Sony and MS.

[quote name='paddlefoot']argyle,

What did you dislike about the Wii at E3? I am not saying the system is be all, end all and for everybody, but you were deciding on the the wii and ps3 before E3, what happened at E3 that changed your mind. I thought Nintendo did very well at E3, I know they definately weren't blownaway by Sony and MS.[/QUOTE]

Really don't want to get into it, because I don't want to make this a Wii-bash-fest. I mean, lots of people want the Wii, and that's cool. But the more I think about it, I just have very little interest in a radically different method of control. The controller has stayed relatively the same for such a long time for a reason imo. Plus, I just don't have any interest in going down the road of updates to the Nintendo standards on a new system. Yea, Mario, Zelda, Metroid etc. are great, but IMO Nintendo gives us too little variety in new titles. I'd personally say that Pikmin is the only new franchise they came up with on the GC that was really good.

Again, others will disagree and that's cool. I'm looking forward to new experiences and the evolution of gameplay that more console power will bring - not just better graphics, but improved AI, etc.

[quote name='Roufuss']Seconded.[/QUOTE]

*sigh*

I seriously think some people around here just try to hit every new thread and find a way to say it's already been covered. Again, that post did not answer my questions, but thanks for trying. :roll:

I think they're hinting at you posting in that thread, instead of everyone who buys a 360 making a topic about how they caved in, asking what games they should buy.

Recommendation for games already out:
Download all the demos and try them out, even the trial versions of arcade games, because this is your best bet to find games that you will like. Also, referring to the PC games featured on 360, each one of those games plays completely different on the 360 compared to it's PC counterpart, I still say download those games' demos and see if you like it more than the PC version.

Recommendation for games not released to watch for:
Saints Row (has a demo out)
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas
Splinter Cell Double Agent
Gears of War
Lost Planet
Just Cause
Brothers In Arms: Hells Highway
Forza Motorsport 2

If I've played Oblivion on the PC tho, I've played the game. I can see preferring some games on the console over PC (I hope the rumors are true about them bringing Dark Messiah to the 360, since it feels more like a console game to me) but the basic game isn't going to change.

Anyway...how do you guys get the custom gamertags in your sigs?

I have a question.

You know the cable that you hook your Xbox360 to the internet.

How long are they?

Also can I buy a longer one at a store?

Thanks

Those are called ethernet cables. The cables that came with my 360 weren't too long. If the router/modem is in your room, then it shouldn't be too much trouble, unless it's in a living room.

You can buy them for cheap. I bought a 50 footer for I believ $10-$20. you can find them at most electronics stores.

Ok thanks.

Because my PC is in my room while my 36 inch HD TV is in the living room.

And I don't wanna play Xbox 360 games on an old 19 inch tv.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']theres a new topic in the 360 forums with all the info, look around there.[/quote]
where? I couldnt find it.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I still see myself as a PSWii60 person, though I know I'm a minority.[/quote]

I don't know,, maybe we just haven't told everyone about it, we may not be a minority.

And I prefer Wiistation60. Sounds better.

I have two..well 3 different things to talk about.

1) For people like me that its gonna be a pain-in-the-ass to hook-up the ethernet cable from my living room to my bedroom. I checked it out and I'll need about a really long cable. Should I get one of thoses Wireless Networking Adapter?

As seen here

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7457432&type=product&productCategoryId=pcmcat97400050025&id=1126591945477

and here

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7671502&type=product&productCategoryId=pcmcat97400050025&id=1134701971147

Can someone who has one tell me how good it is. Also do the 3rd party brands work as well as MS?

2) Should I get one of thoses fans? I mean on a Nintendo console I would never, but since I hear that the 360 can overheat, I was thinking about getting one. Bout how many hours could you play a 360 before it overheats or starts to overheat?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7683465&type=product&productCategoryId=pcmcat97400050025&id=1134703573450

3) Last question. What are the best Xbox 360 online games?? I'm looking for sports, First Person Shooters, good racing, 3rd person games.

I can answer 2, culd attempt at 3 (but take it with ag rain of salt) but 1, well I've never used wireles routers or anything like that, ethernet cables worked for me.

Anyway.

1. ?

2. My 360 works fine and doesn't overheat. I'vehad it on for a good amount of time, a few hours, maybe 3-5. Didn't feel too hot. And besides that, the 360 has it's own fan (and you'll hera it). Just keep it out of the sunlight for too long, and don't preheat your room to 150F, and you should be fine.

3. Well......you could try checking out reviews of games online, I prefer gamespot but you can do what you want. Gamespot has video reviews, so you can watch the gaeplay. They cover multiplayer xbox live support if it exists for the game.

Hey guys, would you say RR6 is a good game? I wac watching ag ameplay video, and it looks really boring, just going forward, and the turns are almost made for you, no braking or hard drifitng, just turning/drifting, barely and making it fine.

Just took advantage of the overstock deal and got my 360 with plug and play kit and dead rising for 410$. I think I did a good job on finding deals getting a 360 with a great game and an essential accessory for under what I would pay in store after tax.

[quote name='King_Sprout']Hey guys, would you say RR6 is a good game? I wac watching ag ameplay video, and it looks really boring, just going forward, and the turns are almost made for you, no braking or hard drifitng, just turning/drifting, barely and making it fine.[/quote]
For $20 it can't be too bad.

X - you should add the MS points converter from here, maybe along with the "reduced rate" points values I listed a few posts below the OP. We seem to get 1600 for $15 deals fairly frequently.

[quote name='KaneRobot']X - you should add the MS points converter from here, maybe along with the "reduced rate" points values I listed a few posts below the OP. We seem to get 1600 for $15 deals fairly frequently.[/quote]
Doing that as we speak, I will also be on the lookout for more $15 for 1600 points deals to add along with that. Thanks man, this thread needed an update.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']Doing that as we speak, I will also be on the lookout for more $15 for 1600 points deals to add along with that. Thanks man, this thread needed an update.[/QUOTE]

You can always get 1600 points for $15 at Best Buy thanks to the GGC.

HUGE update. Added new Marketplace section (with your requested info Kane and Roufuss), changed some other sections around, and also changed the look of the OP to incorporate colors (hopefully making it easier on the eyes).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back