Pokemon Go

We have plenty of Drowzees in the Chicago area.  Not pidgey-common but nothing to get excited about seeing.  Caught more than enough to evolve a Hypno weeks ago and have a bunch of Drowzees caught beyond that.

I topped out at about 30-35% of my Pokedex and then stopped ever seeing anything new.  Catching rats and pigeons has lost any novelty it once held so I've been drifting away from the game lately.  Was doing some gyms over lunch for a while but restocking potions is too slow to keep it up on a regular basis.

Last edited by a moderator:
We went up to Chicago last night for a Cubs game.  Where we were seated, we could grab a Pokestop, and people kept Lures on it the entire game.  90%+ in the lures were Drowzee.  Central IL is also littered with them.  Super common; almost as bad as Pidgey/Rattata.

I would love to go for a walk/bike ride on Lake Shore Drive.  Saw Dratini/Magnemite/Voltorb on the Sightings but weren't able to find them in the car.  They're stocked with water Pokemon, as we got several Magikarp, Squirtle, Staryu, Psyduck, etc.

Also saw a Level 9(!) gym that was at like 58,XXX/60,000...and had 9 Dragonites in it!  It was my team (Instinct).  I wish I could've stayed and upped the Prestige so I could drop in, but I would have had to put a non-Dragonite in.  :lol:

We found/caught our first Kabuto in Bolingbrook on the way home...so that was cool.

The regional differences are kind of odd.  Just a few of the odd things (advanced evolutions or unique singles) I've caught more of than Drowzee: Ivysaur, Wartortle, Butterfree, Clefairy, Gloom, Parasect, Venomoth, Primeape (jn Arizona), Kadabra (in Arizona), Victreebell, Tentacruel, Ponyta (Aizona), Slowbro, Haunter, Weezing, Tangela, Seaking, Tauros, Pinsir, Scyther, and Dratini.

And I've caught as many Snorlax, Chansey, and Rapidash as I have Drowzee (1, that is).

But there are rarer things still.  I have yet to see any of the following low level or unique Pokémon: Magnemite (got one from an egg just today though), Seel, Grimer (got one from an egg like the first week I played), Voltorb (also have one from egg - though I did see one nearby once which is more than I can say for most of the others), Hitmonlee (1 from egg), Hitmonchan, Lickitung,  Jynx (got 1 from egg), Electabuzz, Magmar (just got one of these from an egg too), Lapras, Porygon, Omanyte, Kabuto, and Aerodactyl.

Till I wrote that all out I didn't realize how many I've gotten only from eggs.  And yet I still haven't hatched one of the other region exclusives (like Mr Mime).  I've been putting all my coins into incubators recently so I've been hatching a lot.  Nothing is quite as awesome as when a 2km egg becomes a Ratatta or a 5km becomes a Paras ;).  I had a valuable 10km become a Pinsir once too - that was almost phone-destroying worthy.

I finally got enough Magicarp for a Gyarados from the crazy Magicarp spawn parking lot here.  Way back when I first started playing I assumed that would be the hardest one to get because of the quantity involved.  Now I think it will be Machoke and especially Machamp given that I have only ever gotten one Machop.

The worst is when your 10km egg is an Eevee.  Happened to me four times now, and my wife once.  Eevee is so common here, that it's the most infuriating thing about the game (to hatch that Eevee)...

I'm at 100 in my Pokedex, but I essentially am going to have to travel, or get lucky on eggs, to get much further.  My area hasn't really produced anything new for me in quite a while, and I am in a facebook group where people alert the others when anything good spawns.  I have a flexible job, so I'm usually able to get over quick to any good spawn.

The only good thing about getting Eevee from a 10K egg is its usually a good choice for evolving, typically very good IV stats and at the same level of your trainer when you picked it up.

I'm at 82 in my Pokedex, I really need to start visiting lakes / rivers to try to beef up my water pokemon, most everything I've gotten from eggs so far.  My appeal with the game waxes and wanes, usually sways evenly with my last great catch  / horrible fail, or that moment where a rare / semi-rare pokemon shows up and you're out of ammunition.

I saw something about spawns changing a bit in the last few days and I think it is true.  We are starting to see Growlithes show up in our Eevee/Bellsprout/Exeggcute/Venonat/Oddish area way more than before.  I caught a lot in Arizona but I think only one here before.  We also are seeing more Clefairy.

I found a relatively up to date spawn map for Portland.   Unfortunately I don't live right in Portland so most of the places are a fair drive for us.  But we went to a park that supposedly had Machop spawns and sure enough it did.  We only got 3 in an hour and a half, but that was 3 times as many as I had ever seen in the month and a half previous. 

Then we went to a park that was supposed to have the ever elusive Seel.  Well, we didn't see that but we got 2 Shellders instead which I've only ever gotten from eggs.  So that spawn may have flipped from Seel to Shellder (the map did show other Shellder spawn sites).

On the way back home we saw an Omanyte nearby but we were on the freeway going 65 - had no idea where that would have been.  Never seen that before either.

Speaking of crappy luck from 10k eggs: my son caught a Magmar on the road on the way up to the Machop park.  We were near a (much closer) park that wasn't on the map, but now I figure it might be a Magmar spawn site.  Unfortunately I had just gotten 2 in a row from my last 2 10km eggs so that spawn is no longer too exciting (though I could use a better one).  My son hadn't had a 10k egg in weeks but he just got 2 the other day and was in the process of hatching them when he caught that Magmar.  No less than 6 hours later his eggs hatched and the first one was a Magmar - just as we jokingly predicted.  We also predicted the second: a Pincer.  He was pretty pissed ;).

It doesn't seem like the spawns have changed much in our area.  I have seen a few more Bulbasaur and Squirtle than before...but that could just be because Sightings works better than the other trackers ever did.  I'm about 30 candy from a Blastoise. 

I've held two gyms now for 11 days straight.  They were in a very small town we passed through.  So, that's a nice (minimum) 20 coins per day!  I try to grab a few gyms in my town and collect all at once.

Latest update has "Appraise" now.  Nothing too interesting there.  Most of the Pokemon I figured were good battlers are.  I guess it's kinda handy for those that won't try an IV calculator.

Latest update has "Appraise" now. Nothing too interesting there. Most of the Pokemon I figured were good battlers are. I guess it's kinda handy for those that won't try an IV calculator.
I didn't fully understand IV before this (my son never explained it quite right). With this feature I went through and favorited all my best ones according to the appraisal. It showed me some interesting stuff like my highest Exeggutor is apparently crap. But it verified that the Vaporeon (my highest CP pokemon) I use for all my gym battles is, in fact, pretty good.

The best use of it is for all the lower level stuff that you are about to evolve. I wish it existed a few days ago when I evolved a bunch of stuff with a Lucky Egg running. I would have done a better Growlith and a better Clefairy. The ones I did are utter crap. I never looked into the web sites. I thought they pulled data from the game and I didn't want to risk a ban. But I guess they are really just calculators.

Oh, and we finally caught a Seel yesterday! We were driving past a shopping center and a whole bunch of good stuff popped up. We tracked it all down to a small section of the parking lot - kind of like that awesome parking lot I found near Atlanta. Except here it was Gastly, Seel, and I think a Squirtle. I'll be up there again tonight and will see if there is still good stuff spawning there.

As for gyms, I had two gyms for a full 24 hours but they've been beaten now. I've never kept anything more than like 2 days. I find the small town ones are worse, because there are fewer locations there and people battle over them constantly. We have a gym at the edge of our own neighborhood (in a small town) and it will change hands 3-4 times in the middle of the night even. The ones I've kept the longest have been tucked into neighborhoods in Portland proper. There are so many more gyms there that some get overlooked.

Edit: Yep, saw another Seel in the same area, though it wasn't in the parking lot and I couldn't quite find it. But at least I know there is a spawn site there now. And I caught two Drowsees in the same town - definitely a new thing for this area. And I saw a Geodude there and caught a Ponyta near my house. So for whatever reason we're getting some of the Arizona spawns here now.

I can only hold onto gyms for 4-8 hours at most, the more popular ones switch control even moreso than that.  If I can get the two gym bonus a day I'm happy enough with that.

I haven't noted much of a difference in the spawns in my area, only thing now is that for some reason Zubats are much less common.  I used to see those as often as Pidgey, Rattata and Ekans, but now I only see one a day at most.

Anyone here get the Pokémon Go Plus thingy?  I'd like one but of course don't even know where to begin looking for it.  Apparently GS sold out of them instantly last Friday - a day I was travelling across country.

I play Pokemon Go every day
Me and my kids are still really into it. Tonight as I was trying to grind in Destiny for the Raid tomorrow my son came thundering into the room at full speed announcing there was a Snorlax nearby. We had to rush out and catch it for both of us and his little sister who was asleep (and plays on my wife's phone). That was only the 3rd one we've seen since we started playing the first week of the game. So it can still be pretty exciting when you find that rare one.

My wife and I still play...though interest has definitely died down some.  We really need to get some traveling in to gather some new Pokemon, as we haven't seen a new one in Sightings for a while now.  (Only evolutions have been keeping us getting new stuff.)

We go out (usually) nightly and take our town's gyms for the coins.  There's 9 gyms that are a short drive apart.

I'm a day or two away from lvl 30...my office is smack in the middle of 3 pokestops, the trifeca. Sadly the closets gyms aren't close enough for me to infinitely battle or train whilst drawing from the trifecta at work.

Big fan of the buddy system, managed to finally top off some candy to evolve and fill out dat pokedex. Pinsir is pretty common in my area, so common I have about 800 candy yet Pikachu, i've seen 2, caught 2, and hatched 1. Buddy buddy, he's now Raichu. Yay!

I've been to Central Park (NYC) a few times during the day, when Pogo was hot a few months ago it looked like Times Square at New Year's Eve spilled out...now that's it's lost some steam, it's still looks like ppl lounging at the base of the golden statue catching pokemon and an endless stream of pink petals floating at every pokestop near by.

If I wasn't a responsible parent (heh heh heh) I'd probably have a deck full of Gyarados since there's a pier near my house that is lined with pokestops and just walking the length of the piers each with it's own pokestop will net you (no pun intended) 3-4 Magikarp on a bad day.

Pokemon I haven't even seen on Radar: (NA region)

- Snorlax

- Mr. Mime

- Mimic

- Dragonite

Pokemon I haven't seen in Gyms:

- Kangaskhan

The gem of my collection:

- 100% IV score Haunter...some day you'll be Gengar and it will be epic.

My boss plays too, more than me...go figure but we aren't on the same teams.

I'm a day or two away from lvl 30...my office is smack in the middle of 3 pokestops, the trifeca. Sadly the closets gyms aren't close enough for me to infinitely battle or train whilst drawing from the trifecta at work.

Big fan of the buddy system, managed to finally top off some candy to evolve and fill out dat pokedex. Pinsir is pretty common in my area, so common I have about 800 candy yet Pikachu, i've seen 2, caught 2, and hatched 1. Buddy buddy, he's now Raichu. Yay!

I've been to Central Park (NYC) a few times during the day, when Pogo was hot a few months ago it looked like Times Square at New Year's Eve spilled out...now that's it's lost some steam, it's still looks like ppl lounging at the base of the golden statue catching pokemon and an endless stream of pink petals floating at every pokestop near by.

If I wasn't a responsible parent (heh heh heh) I'd probably have a deck full of Gyarados since there's a pier near my house that is lined with pokestops and just walking the length of the piers each with it's own pokestop will net you (no pun intended) 3-4 Magikarp on a bad day.

Pokemon I haven't even seen on Radar: (NA region)

- Snorlax

- Mr. Mime

- Mimic

- Dragonite

Pokemon I haven't seen in Gyms:

- Kangaskhan

The gem of my collection:

- 100% IV score Haunter...some day you'll be Gengar and it will be epic.

My boss plays too, more than me...go figure but we aren't on the same teams.
I live in a town of 12,000 people...and I've seen and captured six Snorlax. (And hatched one.) For being a rare, he's very common here.

(I wasn't serious. Google it?)
I don't Google memes, sorry.

100xp, Mr. Mime is the European exclusive, right? So you shouldn't see it nearby.

I've never seen a Lapras or an Aerodactyl myself. And I only saw Chansey once. But I've also never seen a Kabuto and a few others too I can't think of right now. I only have some because of eggs.

We caught our first Dragonite last week and my son was pissed because his was only CP46. Meanwhile my 6 year-old got a ??? one that turned out to be over 2000 and higher than anything either of us have. (Mine was a middling 1600-something).

The game has definitely slowed down but there are still a fair number of people playing it.  Our gyms still get flipped nearly every day though sometimes we can hold on to one for a day and a half vs. 3-4 hours max like it used to be.  They don't get taken over in the middle of the night quite so much any more.

I live in a town of about 16,000 too we have maybe 10 gyms total.  We tend to see the same people in them most of the time so I think the game has settled down to a group of regulars for the most part.

In a bigger nearby town there is a lake that is a perfect little loop with lots of stops and Magikarp and Charmander nests still gets a fair amount of people.  We were just there the other day and while not every stop was lured like a month or two ago, there were still a lot of people walking around playing.

Still playing here, pokedex is up to 110 caught, but like Rig said only the evolutions are consistently providing the new entries.  I did catch a Aerodactyl the other day, but other than that is has been weeks since I saw a new wild mon. Still haven't seen or caught a Grimer, Shellder, Seel or Dratini (not surprising on three of them since I'm in AZ and not in the proper biome so to speak).

On the evolutions, they really need to come up with a system to reroll your moves, as finally getting enough candies for a Weezing, Wigglytuff and Clefable (through the buddy system mainly), and the feeling when all three of them have bad movesets really takes the wind out of your sails.  I'm not asking for TM or HM type stuff, just maybe spend some dust and / or candy to reroll the move sets, so it doesn't just feel like a pokedex entry.

Other than that, with the drop in player populations and the new friendly gym training system, I find it much easier to keep gyms now, so I can get a good flow of coins and dust from that daily.  Maybe not what Niantic had in mind, but its working for me with less competition.

Oh, one more thing, for those that are still responding, curious to see what everyone has gotten from their 10K eggs.  I think I've had some of the worst luck with them, with the seven I've hatched so far (in the relative order IIRC):

Magmar

Scyther (arguably my best one so far)

Hitmochan

Magmar

Eevee

Pinsir

Magmar

Let me know if anyone has me beat on this for bad luck.

Wife and I still play.  We're both Level 28.  I have 128 Pokemon in the 'dex.  Still just needing evolutions of Pokemon I rarely or never see.  (Example:  Sandslash.  I have *never* seen a Sandshrew, but I hatched enough from eggs to evolve.  Basically same thing with Voltorb and Magnemite, though I need one or two more of each from eggs to evolve.)

10km's have been...pretty good to me.  My wife, not so much.

Early on in the game, I got:

Magmar

Electabuzz

Onix

Chansey

Then I went through a bad spell where I had five Eevee in...a....row.  :(

Lately, they've been great:

Aerodactly (x2)

Kabuto

Omanyte

Dratini (I find him from time to time when I'm in a city that's about an hour away; still need 70 candy for Dragonite)

And I *finally* got a Lapras last week!

Really need Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan from mine.  I have several Scyther and Pinsir.  Funny thing is, I have 9 Snorlax.  :lol:  Definitely don't need/want him from an egg!

Funny you should mention that because it sure seemed like they took 10k eggs out of the game for the last two months.  Neither me, my son, or my daughter got one for that long before a week or two ago (about when the last update dropped).  Since then I've gotten two.  I'm hatching one now.  The other turned into the worst possible thing: an Eevee.  And it wasn't even a good one.  I have nearly 800 Eevee candy, don't need that from an egg.

I'm in Atlanta now and since I'm here for work I have nothing to do but play Pokémon Go.  I hit up the Magikarp parking lot every day.  I've evolved two Gyarados so far and have enough for almost two more.  One 5 minute sweep through this parking lot and I can get up to 6 Magikarp.

I was able to evolve a Kabutops a few weeks back after we found a tiny park that was a Kabuto spawn point.  I had never even seen one before that.  Same with Omastar/Omanyte.  Then they switched all the spawns and put crap in their place (Bulbasaur where the Omanyte was).

I still need a few 10K egg things: Hitmonchan, Aerodactyl, Lapras.  And I need Seels and Machops like crazy, and a fair amount of Abras.  We know of a few Machop spawn places, but they aren't that frequent and we still need tons more.  I'm walking a Magnemite and just hatched one so I'm close on that now. Other than those I have pretty much everything.  I'm at 133 on the Pokedex.

So with the changes to powering up gyms, it seems like they are all going to level 10 now.  Most of the ones around here north of Atlanta are level 10 at least.  I'll have to see how it is at home once I get back tomorrow.  I was able to catch a couple of gyms at 49000/50000 and power them up and get a guy in.  One I've had since Monday, which is by far a record for me.  But for the most part it seems people have given up taking them over and there is a pretty even distribution of level 10 red/blue/yellow gyms around. 

I just finished leveling one up from 45,000 and it took a ton of my Pokémon and I completely ran out of potions.  I was farming them from stops just before I got back to my hotel and still have tons of healing to do.  I think that's why people aren't fighting these level 10 gyms - it would take a huge stock of potions to do that.

And I know Drowzees are supposed to be common some places but nowhere I've been.  Luckily I've actually caught a few Hypnos, though.  Otherwise I'd still be 25 or so candy short of being able to evolve one!

Drowzee used to be in top 5 most common here. Now, however, he is rarely seen.

None of our gyms here are getting higher than level 5. I just don't think there's enough players around here.

I still have 6 gyms in the Atlanta area and I'm back home in Oregon.  The gyms here at home seem to be flipping a bit more frequently (already lost one from last night) but stupid Yellow is camped out in some since before I left a week ago.  My mission is to knock them out this weekend before I go out of town again.

Good thing I complained about not seeing anything new in the wild, caught a Lickitung just outside my house over the weekend.

And a PSA for those who didn't find out, the Halloween Event starts on Wednesday and goes on until next Tuesday, good boost in candies and more spooky pokemon.  I was currently walking towards a Gengar so this is good news for me.

Pokemon Go Halloween Event Information

The biggest thing (for me) is they are saying four times as much candy from the buddy system.  I'm assuming this means you'll find four candies instead of one for each cycle, which if that is the case, I'll probably switch up to a 5km one for that time frame, more than likely an Omanyte or Kabuto (though I still see those occasionally anyways).

I'm sure hoping that does mean quad candies off walking a Pokemon.  I'd hopefully be able to knock a couple more evolutions off during that timeframe.

Also hope to see more ghost type, and not many Zubat.  ;)

What I read was 4 x for buddies, and 2x for catching/hatching.  It also says "more" candy for transferring Pokémon.  So I'm going to hold on to some stuff for then.  I just wish I had saved that random Machop I found the other day.

I've had a gym now for a full week - which is by far a record for me.  I'm back in Atlanta and I think I still have 3 or 4 here from my trip last week.  But one gym I thought I had is still level 10 Mystic but it looks like I got kicked out and replaced with an all 2500+ team!  I don't even have one that high (and I'm level 27 now).

One enhancement I'd like to see in the game is for it to show the gyms you have control of - perhaps a link from Pokémon that are in gyms.  I'd like to see which ones I have and where I am (position) in the gym at least.

I guess I'll keep walking my Machop.  If I hadn't just evolved a Blastoise and Charizard I'd definitely do those.  I actually might just do a Snorlax instead to upgrade my semi-decent one.

Hopefully, the Halloween spawns produce some Cubone.  I have 30-ish candy for him, and would love to finish that off for Marowak.

I intend to do a *lot* of walking/driving during the event.

I wish you could sort the lists in opposite order based on the category.  For example, if I sort by HP, I see my highest 'mons up top.  I wish I could hit HP again, and have the list adjust to bring the lowest HP up top.

What I read was 4 x for buddies, and 2x for catching/hatching. It also says "more" candy for transferring Pokémon. So I'm going to hold on to some stuff for then. I just wish I had saved that random Machop I found the other day.

One enhancement I'd like to see in the game is for it to show the gyms you have control of - perhaps a link from Pokémon that are in gyms. I'd like to see which ones I have and where I am (position) in the gym at least.
I read that transferring is double candy as well, which is enough incentive for me to be holding onto the more rare-ish mon I pick up. Still transferring the common stuff regularly though.

It would be cool as well to see the gyms where your pokemon are at and the relative placement, but I think Niantic is doing everything they can to reduce server usage (one of the reasons the tracking feature is so basic now). Though with fewer people playing now the server stress is lower...

Hopefully, the Halloween spawns produce some Cubone. I have 30-ish candy for him, and would love to finish that off for Marowak.
Cubone / Marowak make much more sense than Drowzee / Hypno, since they are wearing masks.

This Halloween update makes me think this is what the game should have been all along with the more spawns and more spawn points. The developers seem to have added spawn points recently, including multiple spots in my neighborhood that didn't exist in July. The added spawns of the Halloween-themed Pokemon is cool but I did laugh when the event went live and the first two spawns I saw were... Pidgey and Spearow.

I did see my first wild Marowak thanks to this event, and have already caught multiple Cubone, so I also got to evolve a Cubone, which I never thought I'd get to do. 

I've been losing some interest in the game lately, but maybe this next week will be cool enough to keep me going. The added candies for hatching eggs, 4x the speed on buddy candies (hello, .25km for a candy buddies), and the double candy for catching and transferring is nice- I can evolve Pidgeys twice as fast now! 

Hopefully, the Halloween spawns produce some Cubone. I have 30-ish candy for him, and would love to finish that off for Marowak.
Well you sure got your wish there, eh? I saw at least 5-6 Marowak (and even more Cubone) just going out to dinner. I only saw one Gengar which ran from me, but I got lots of the others. And being here (a work trip to suburban Atlanta) at my amazing Magikarp parking lot is good timing too. I'll probably have enough for two more Gyarados after this trip (after getting 2 from prior trips).

The only problem is that I'm now Pokeball poor again. I have to stop catching every Drowzee and Meowth I see. I caught more Drowzees in the first 30 minutes I realized things had changed than the entire time in the game prior to this. But I already had a Marowak, Gengar, and lots of Persians, so the rest aren't too exciting. I went from 250+ Pokeballs (mostly Great Balls) to having just about 50 now. Yikes.

In case you haven't noticed, the way the buddy candy works is that the distance is reduced. I'm walking my best Snorlax (only 69 IV unfortunately) to power him up and I'm getting a candy every 1.25 km. If I just turn off the Wi-Fi while I'm in my hotel the game makes me run around enough to probably get a few each night while I sleep ;).

Yeah, I don't need Cubone anymore!  :lol:

My friend and I were walking around downtown when my game crashed.  I launched to see the new loading screen...and then all the ghosts and Cubone showed up!

Dividing the distance by four is just as good.  We were surprised when we heard the candy notification noise going off fairly frequently.  Makes it easier for a couple Pokemon where I just wanted one candy. 

All in all, I like this themed update.  All this extra candy is awesome, and I'll be able to finish up two more medals (ghost and ground type).

Dividing the distance by four is just as good. We were surprised when we heard the candy notification noise going off fairly frequently. Makes it easier for a couple Pokemon where I just wanted one candy.
I prefer the divide by four distance much better than quadruple rewarding which I thought was going to happen. Means you can get exactly how much candy you want (and technically faster) for the next evolve before switching to another one.

Plus it increases the chances of a double candy pick up, which so far has only happened once for me.

One cool thing Niantic could of done for the Halloween event is to give Meowth / Persian a black coat of paint, it would better match the theme, since we're seeing a lot more of them (or at least it seems).

So I was super pumped when I got a 10K egg before this event happened (which was my first mistake to be optimistic), and after hatching it during this double candy event, I was greeted to a Pinsir with 62 candies.

Yeah, I can use those more than say, 62 Dratini candies...

My bad luck 10k egg streak continues at least.

I can't even get another 10km egg (edit: oh crap, I do have one now, must have just got it tonight  - will work on that as soon as one of my 5kms hatch).  Earlier I hatched a Voltorb with 42 candy though.   Too bad I had walked a Voltorb nearly a month to evolve it just a week ago.

I'm down to just 31 pokeballs now - all ultras!  I need to do some serious stop farming.

Oh, and I caught a perfect IV Magikarp today!  It was only CP 100 (when they are maxing around 175 for me now).  It evolved to around 1000 CP, so it will take a lot of stardust to get that thing leveled up.  At least it has Hydro Pump and not Twister.  That's my first perfect IV Pokémon - had lots of 98%ers before that.

Meowths are everywhere but it seems like they aren't adding Persians.  I've yet to see one even nearby.

Anyone know what is going on with Pokémon Go Plus?  I have yet to see one anywhere but this week on Amazon the page for it has been flooded with super cheap listings (like $20 shipped) from "Just Launched" sellers with no feedback.  Yet Amazon themselves is still not selling it.

Persian hasn't shown up here, either.  Thought that was odd.

Walked my Magnemite for enough candy (finally).  I threw Grimer in there.  I only had 5 Grimer candy, and I just never see him.  Hoping to really get up there with candy for him.  (Would love to walk Voltorb and then Charmander.)

Hatched a *second* 10km egg last night...another Pinsir!  :X   Someone nearby said they hatched a Dratini and got 64 candy with it!  That would be more like it!

I haven't heard anything more about a restock or anything.  I'm actually tempted to get one, if I ever see it.  I suppose I'd try a listing on Amazon...E

EDIT:  I went to Amazon, and grabbed a "New" from a new seller for $17 and $3.99 shipping.  Had a gift card with a couple bucks on it.  We'll see what shows up...  :lol:

Hatched a *second* 10km egg last night...another Pinsir! :X Someone nearby said they hatched a Dratini and got 64 candy with it! That would be more like it!

I haven't heard anything more about a restock or anything. I'm actually tempted to get one, if I ever see it. I suppose I'd try a listing on Amazon...E

EDIT: I went to Amazon, and grabbed a "New" from a new seller for $17 and $3.99 shipping. Had a gift card with a couple bucks on it. We'll see what shows up... :lol:
I hatched a 10km egg today: Dratini with 50 candy. I suppose that's better than an Eevee, Pinsir, Scyther, Magmar, Onix, or Jynx. But the Dratini sucked - wasn't even a wonder. I have a 90% Dragonite that I am powering up, though, so the candy is welcome.

I still have yet to get Aerodactly, Porygon, or Lapras so I'd have preferred one of those or a high level Snorlax or Chansey.

I almost completely ran out of Pokeballs so I went to old Norcross, GA where there are some decent restaurants and a ton of Pokestops and filled up. Apparently the two parks there switched from Cubone/Geodude to Shellder/Growlithe, but the spawns were sparse given all the Halloween Pokémon. I have yet to catch a Gengar but I've caught lots of Haunters and have nearly 500 candy now (and already evolved a Gengar before anyway). I'm heading home tomorrow and my kids want to go somewhere Saturday - probably the Magikarp spawning lake. Hopefully it won't be raining too much back home!

Oh yeah and Toys R Us will have the Pokémon Go Plus this Sunday.  It was in the toy book ad we got a few weeks back and I saw a thread on Reddit where someone saw them all behind the counter.

But, Rig, let me know how that $20 works out.  I'd rather buy it for that price from Amazon than $35 from TRU.  I'm just a little skeptical at all the suddenly cheap sellers on Amazon, who all seem to be new and selling them for way under retail.  They might be knock-offs, though perhaps they will work just fine.

I actually don't intend on keeping a knockoff/generic one (assuming that's what I'm getting)...if anything shows up at all. 

Mostly just buying on the (very) off chance it is a legitimate product...or maybe just for the laughs at a potential fake product. 

I'll probably unbox on camera either way though!

Good to know about TRU....is that for this Sunday?  I know they have a Pokemon even that day, and are giving away a holo Charmander card.  I may try and get down there with my nephews to pick those up.  While I haven't been in the TCG in a *very* long time, I had to preorder to boxes of the new Evolutions set coming out. 

Hatched my second 10K egg during this event, got an Electabuzz (which I already had), but at least good IVs if I ever want to power it up (which I probably won't unless they fix electric types in this game).

I did hatch my first 100% IV mon, which was a Horsea... Not sure how I feel about that, though it has a possibility of a Kingdra in the (far off) future.

Heading to TRU but they are probably sold out already.  I also saw that all the cheap listings on Amazon are gone overnight.  They were there yesterday.

After hatching Eevee, Scyther, Dratini (albeit with 50 candy), on my 4th 10km egg in two months I got a Chansey.  That's nice I suppose, though it didn't come very high level (only 300-something) and I had actually caught one not much lower than that WAY back in July.

Still looking for that Aerodactyl, Lapras, or Porygon.

I will finally have a Dewgong soon, though.  A popular Magikarp spawning area that we go to a lot that used to also be a Charmander nest, followed by a Mankey nest, is now Seels.  Other than one fluke Seel in a Fred Meyer parking lot that's the first time I've seen them the entire time I've been playing.

So it looks like the last evolved Pokémon I'll be getting is Machamp, which I think I predicted here a while ago.  I've found a few Machops, but they are not common - I find more Dratini.

We drove over to a nearby TRU way late in the day (5:00?), after the event was over.  Asked if we could get a couple of the promo Charmander cards.  They brought us two from the back.  I completely forgot to even look for Pokemon Go Plus.EDI

EDIT:  My cheap Pokemon Go Plus from Amazon was canceled.  :lol:

We drove over to a nearby TRU way late in the day (5:00?), after the event was over. Asked if we could get a couple of the promo Charmander cards. They brought us two from the back. I completely forgot to even look for Pokemon Go Plus.EDI

EDIT: My cheap Pokemon Go Plus from Amazon was canceled. :lol:
I almost lit into the TRU manager yesterday. He told me the PoGo Plus were sold out the instant they opened, and the Charmander card promo didn't start until 2pm. We got there around noon. And they were selling really cool Blastoise and other plush that my daughter really wanted - but they were fuck ing $30! I wanted to tell the guy this is the reason it is a waste of time to go to TRU any more. They have promos that they allow resellers to jump all over and they over price stuff. :bomb:

I had forgotten how bad they are as I haven't been in there in ages. I did pick up a gold Mario Amiibo though, so I guess that was a thing that wasn't too bad.

On Amazon all the listings were gone yesterday, but a few more cheap ones have popped up today. I'm curious what is going on there.

Used up another Lucky Egg today.  Closing in on Level 30.  Excited to get there just for Max Revives.

Of the USA available Pokemon, I need the following:

Charizard (need 76 candy)

Golem (need 76 candy)

Machamp (need 41 candy)

Hitmonlee

Hitmonchan

Gyarados (need 12 candy...hopefully can walk him some tonight/tomorrow)

Kabutops (need 15 candy)

Dragonite (need 68 candy)

I basically never see any of those evolution lines around here, aside from an occasional Magikarp.  There's a city where Dratini comes up once in a while, but I visit maybe once a month (if that).

Just gotta keep getting good egg pulls, I guess...or drive a ways away and find some nests.

bread's done
Back