Pokemon Go

It looks like they started rolling out their new tracking system that has been going on in San Francisco. I'm in the suburbs of Chicago so not sure if all areas have it yet.

It looks like they started rolling out their new tracking system that has been going on in San Francisco. I'm in the suburbs of Chicago so not sure if all areas have it yet.
Supposedly it is nation-wide now. Now the rest of you can see how horrible it is. I don't know how this ever made it out of Niantic QA.

There was also another nest migration today. The local park (which is all I can see on my tracker now since it has the only 2 stops within range of my house) switched rather dramatically around 4-ish today. There were 2 Jynx's on there and then it went to 2 Machops. We drove up (the only way to get to the new "nearby" tracker pokes quickly) and promptly caught 4 of them.

So this tracker is great for letting me know the minute my closest nest spawns change (which is once every 2 weeks) but not much else. Otherwise any Pokémon I see up there require us to hop in the car to go get them. We used to be able to see Snorlaxes and the like 2 blocks away and walk to get them. No more.

Also there are rumors of Gen 2 coming Dec. 7th along with some sort of Starbuck's promo. This move towards promotion reltated to stops might explain the new tracker. They want to drive people towards businesses who can sponsor stops and deemphasize "natural" areas (spawns not near stops).

Last edited by a moderator:
new system is go in NYC.

unfortunately that really still doesn't help much since I know my walking route to and from work so well, even when they swap nest spawns it only takes one or two passes to figure out what is where.

I guess next time I'm in central park, should a snorlax or dragonite spawn I'll have a chance at going in the right direction.

They need to add more clothes.

Also has anyone had pokemon missing from there roster after you put them into a gym? I'm missing about 5 or 6 high CP Exeggutor. Kinda bumming me out cause those are my drive by drop into gym crew.

Also there are rumors of Gen 2 coming Dec. 7th along with some sort of Starbuck's promo. This move towards promotion reltated to stops might explain the new tracker. They want to drive people towards businesses who can sponsor stops and deemphasize "natural" areas (spawns not near stops).
I think the stop promotion makes perfect sense along with the updated tracker system, though I think its too soon for Gen 2. They should focus the rest of 2016 on releasing all of the Gen 1 pokemon legendaries, or even allowing the regional exclusives to temporarily spawn elsewhere for people to legitimately complete their Gen 1 dex.

Granted if the rumor is true I'll enjoy the new spawns and using up some of my stored Gen 1 candy (I'm looking at Steelix and Kingdra), though it will push the completed dex goalpost back even further.

We have one big rival in town.  He will take our gyms then we take his.  Sometimes we'll go back and forth 3-4 times on our neighborhood gym within a few hours.   We like to protect our "home" turf and he takes gyms all over, including neighboring towns, so we like to knock him out of the closest few as soon as possible.

We'll do stuff like beat his 3000+ Dragonite and put in a 10 Magikarp, or a Ditto or something.  Sometimes he'll respond in kind with something like that.  But last night he surprised us and pulled a new one out of his ass - he put a Mr Mime in our closest gym!

We've suspected him of being a GPS spoofer before.  During the Japanese Lapras event he all of a sudden put 4 Lapras on top of gyms.  He had never had one at all before that.   Then he was gone for a few days so we thought maybe he had been banned.  When he came back he never put more than 1 Lapras in a gym.  So maybe the others got taken away or maybe he's just more careful with them.   But the Mr Mime is really suspicious since he has never been away for more than 1-2 days from taking the gyms in our town.  Now all of a sudden he has a Mr. Mime?  I guess if he starts using the other 2 regional exclusives we'll know for sure.

But then I started thinking about something.  Would it even be against the ToS if you had a friend in a different country use your account for a few days to catch things?  My daughter is going to Germany in a few months.  Maybe we could have her catch Mr. Mime for us.  She's not into Pogo at all so doesn't have it on her phone yet.  I wonder if it is OK to let her use our accounts to catch them?  So there's two big questions here.  Can I convince my daughter (who hates that we obsess over the game and try to catch stuff while out seeing movies and whatnot) to even do this.  And secondly, could it lead to a potential ban from Niantic...

But then I started thinking about something. Would it even be against the ToS if you had a friend in a different country use your account for a few days to catch things? My daughter is going to Germany in a few months. Maybe we could have her catch Mr. Mime for us. She's not into Pogo at all so doesn't have it on her phone yet. I wonder if it is OK to let her use our accounts to catch them? So there's two big questions here. Can I convince my daughter (who hates that we obsess over the game and try to catch stuff while out seeing movies and whatnot) to even do this. And secondly, could it lead to a potential ban from Niantic...
The way so many people are still getting away with spoofing and not getting banned (as well as the overall player population dwindling), I don't think you would have much to be worried about in terms of banning. Maybe leave a couple of days in between when you log into the two different countries to be safe, but I would take advantage of it.

I would also say you're likely good getting away with it, but really "time your trip". Make sure you don't login over there, make the catch, and then login just an hour or so later back here.

I would also say you're likely good getting away with it, but really "time your trip". Make sure you don't login over there, make the catch, and then login just an hour or so later back here.
Yeah I figured I'd stop playing for a day, let her log in to catch one, then stop for another day before starting back up at home. It might be suspicious that I wasn't spinning lots of stops at airports like I'd do on a real trip, but I don't think they'd be that sophisticated with it... Anyway, if I do that watch a Lapras spawn on our house while I can't log in ;). I also don't know how hard Mr. Mime is to get there either. I know at first they were like Chansey/Lapras/etc - ie, nearly impossible to find. But I think they might have boosted the spawn rate when they did the same for Tauros here (which seem to be nearly as common as Pidgey and such nowadays).

So, the Starbucks event thing is happening this Thursday. At a minimum most corporate Starbucks locations will be turned into stops or gyms and they will be offering a Pokémon theme drink. But the intriguing thing is that the leaked memos point to "new" Pokémon. This could be anything but a lot of people are assuming it means Gen 2. But it could be the legendaries or even just Ditto. We'll see. If Gen 2 goes live on Dec. 7th UTC time we'll see it here tomorrow (that is Weds the 6th) at 4pm Pacific/7pm Eastern.

So, the Starbucks event thing is happening this Thursday. At a minimum most corporate Starbucks locations will be turned into stops or gyms and they will be offering a Pokémon theme drink. But the intriguing thing is that the leaked memos point to "new" Pokémon. This could be anything but a lot of people are assuming it means Gen 2. But it could be the legendaries or even just Ditto. We'll see. If Gen 2 goes live on Dec. 7th UTC time we'll see it here tomorrow (that is Weds the 6th) at 4pm Pacific/7pm Eastern.
Not sure how they are going to plan out Gen 2, but it won't be coming out that soon. Based upon the tweet it says stay tuned for details on 12/12, which means nothing significant may not even be released in the game, just discussed.

Personally (hopefully), new Pokemon to me would make more sense to release the legendaries (up to 5 more Pokemon), and also make regional exclusives available in other regions. Releasing Gen 2 when half of the country is unable to freely play outside doesn't make sense, but having increased spawn rates for legendaries at places like Starbucks (and maybe even Sprint stores) would make it commuter friendly / commercial.

In catching news I got a wild Porygon yesterday (!), happy to have that one off the list. Leaves Lapras and the Dratini series to be tied to eggs for now though. Closing in on others left:

Venasaur (2 to go)

Blastoise (37 to go, need a good nest to rotate nearby on this one)

Poliwrath (4 to go)

Dewgong (6 to go)

Muk (14 to go, hoping I get lucky with an egg hatch so I can keep my living Pokedex)

Cloyster (10 to go)

Gyarados (145 to go, current buddy)

Lapras

Dratini

Dragonair

Dragonite

Looks more manageable now than it was before, just need a damn Dratini hatch. Hoping maybe Niantic will do a Winter special and make ice pokemon more common, that would include Jynx, Dewgong, Cloyster and Lapras. Probably too wishful thinking on that one.

Yeah the 12th thing came out afterwards.  The Sprint CEO did let loose about Gen 2 though.  And they just added all the sounds for those into the game.  The reason they could come out with Gen 2 before the legendaries is to breath some life back into the game.  Then the legendaries are still in their back pocket for special events.   Now we have to wait till Monday... Blah.   (Also, shinies are being added at some point!).

Not sure when the Sprint stores will become stops, but the one in our town wasn't one as of late tonight.

We went out tonight to do a gym run and actually caught both a wild Dratini and Dragonaire!  I haven't seen a Dratini in our town in ages (most of mine have come from that parking lot in Atlanta with water spawns - Dratini tend to spawn near them too).  The Dragonaire was a wonder and I evolved it later but kind of regret it now.  It ended up with the same moves as my 3030 Dragonite (Steel Wing/Hyper Beam) and only came out to 2100 anyway.  Meh, kind of useless.  My 3030 Dragonite is my main gym attacker though - it just melts stuff even without having the best moves.  I was hoping to get another for gym fighting but unless I use all the rest of my candy (about 27 now) I won't get close.  I'll probably just build up to another evolution.  FYI I've been walking a Dragonaire ever since the end of the Halloween event (when I walked a Snorlax to max my best one of those).

I'm still missing Porygon, Lapras, and Aerodactly.   I've never seen one of those even on the (old) Nearby dating back to Day 1.  And since the game doesn't give me 10km eggs any more I guess 2 of those are just never going to happen for me.  Also, I've hatched at least 200 5km eggs with no Porygon.

Billy - you have got to find yourself a water spawn area.   You'd have that Gyarados done in no time.  I keep maxing my perfect IV one (just hit level 31 and pushed him to 2929 - going for 3000) otherwise I'd have had enough to evolve a FOURTH one by now.

for those who remember or know, I've caught Porygon at the old Tekserve store in NYC which is now out of business since the success of the Apple Store. Ironic and fitting.

Still missing: I haven't even seen the silloutte of these anywhere for those that spawn in NA.

- Charizard

- Dragonite (because I'd rather evolve my 93 dratiniti vs my 81 dragonair now) need 20 more candy.

- Mr Mime

- Ditto

- Khangaskhan

- Far'fetch'd

- Lapras

- Snorlax

I think I'm the only Alakhazam in my neighborhood too...not that he can hold a gym for very long but it's nice to find have the spoon bender.

I'm still missing Porygon, Lapras, and Aerodactly. I've never seen one of those even on the (old) Nearby dating back to Day 1. And since the game doesn't give me 10km eggs any more I guess 2 of those are just never going to happen for me. Also, I've hatched at least 200 5km eggs with no Porygon.
Potentially anecdotal, but so far the last four 10K eggs I've received from Pokestops were ones I never visited before (or at least not since the last update), though its hard to both clear through your eggs and not spin common stops if you're actively playing. Well not hard, but just boring, but it may be worth a try.

Billy - you have got to find yourself a water spawn area. You'd have that Gyarados done in no time. I keep maxing my perfect IV one (just hit level 31 and pushed him to 2929 - going for 3000) otherwise I'd have had enough to evolve a FOURTH one by now.
Yeah there was a nearby Magikarp nest that was just discovered only a few days before the last migration, all other ones are just too far at the moment. There are park lakes and canals where I've seen them spawn, but not near frequent enough to make a trip out of it.

I'm in no rush to hit the Dragonite wall here in terms of Pokedex completion though. I've only seen two shadows of a Dratini since I started playing (and no nests in AZ).

Yeah there was a nearby Magikarp nest that was just discovered only a few days before the last migration, all other ones are just too far at the moment. There are park lakes and canals where I've seen them spawn, but not near frequent enough to make a trip out of it.

I'm in no rush to hit the Dragonite wall here in terms of Pokedex completion though. I've only seen two shadows of a Dratini since I started playing (and no nests in AZ).
The water spawn nests don't change with the migrations - and neither do the Dratini nests. But Dratini nests are very hard to spot because even when you find one, the Dratini only spawn once every few hours at best. This is very different from the migrating nests. Our Machop nest a few blocks away is still going strong and I can monitor it using the new Nearby. Sometimes there are as many as 4 at once at this little park with just 2 Pokestops.

I decided to power up a couple of Vaporeons to max (I'm at Level 31 now). I figured I'd go past the level 28 max just because I have 800+ Eevee candy and over 300,000 stardust.

Niantic finally wised up and split the Nearby/Sightings list! Shows both at the same time, finally!
Yep, it is definitely better than it was before. It would be even better still if you could toggle between the two methods or have 2 pages (using tabs ort whatever) to show both. But now, hopefully, I can see that Snorlax around the corner again. I'll have to see if it shows me anything useful and where, exactly, they spawn (as right now it is only Rattata, Spearow, Paras), but it is definitely a step in the right direction (finally - instead of going backwards!).

Last night I saw the new Starbucks stop at one of my 10,000 person town's 2 Starbucks. I'll have to check out the other one later. The Radio Shack/Sprint store, on the other hand, was not made into a stop.

Can't wait for Monday's announcement. Hopefully it isn't an announcement then of stuff to come later ;).

The Starbucks drink is good...if you like blackberry.

Yes, a tabbed page would be perfect. Hopefully they work up to it.

Yep both Starbucks in town have new stops.  We actually caught a Ryhorn at one tonight so it hasn't been totally worthless.

Earlier today my son and I went to a small 3-stop park in a neighboring town that is a higher elevation Clefairy spawn site.  That is where Dragonites can spawn occasionally (and we got one off a lure months ago - with my son getting the 46 CP one I talked about before).  I had read that Aerodactyl can also spawn in those places so we went there and put up a total of 5 lures.  We've been hoarding coins by going out every night and getting 8-10 gyms the last week or so.  So he bought the 680 coin 8-pack of lures.

Well, we got mostly Nidoran, Pidgey, and Eevee out of it.  Best thing was a single Ditto from a Pidgey, and my son got a near max Pigeotto with good IVs.  And like a Ponyta, a Clefairy, and a Kingler.  The rest was crap.  Oh well...  Last time we did this we at least got a Snorlax to spawn (but once again my son got a crap one).

Pichu, Togepi, "and others" can now be hatched from eggs.  My guess is "others" may be the other Gen 2 baby Pokemon? 

That ticked a lot of people off today.  I'm indifferent.  I want my Kanto pokedex done, but at the same time, I would've enjoyed having something to actually hunt (that's new). 

My guess is from 2km eggs?  I haven't had one of those in weeks.  :/

Pichu, Togepi, "and others" can now be hatched from eggs. My guess is "others" may be the other Gen 2 baby Pokemon?

That ticked a lot of people off today. I'm indifferent. I want my Kanto pokedex done, but at the same time, I would've enjoyed having something to actually hunt (that's new).

My guess is from 2km eggs? I haven't had one of those in weeks. :/
I think the 2km eggs were confirmed for the baby variants of Pikachu, Jigglypuff and Clefairy, and Togepi, and 10km eggs for the rest. I would be upset if I ended up getting a Magby out of a 10km egg...

The only side benefit I could see from this (other than having something new hatch) is if they make the buddy candy requirement only 1km for all the baby versions. That only really be a difference for Jynx, Magmar, Electabuzz and the Hitmons, but at least it would be something.

I've read Pichu and Togepi are in 5km eggs and the rest in 2km eggs.

The problem is the game gives out nothing but 5km eggs these days.  And you will have to get a new egg to get a chance at one of these.  Any "old" eggs will still have the old stuff.  And they don't sort by most recent so if all you have are 5km eggs you can't tell which are newer ones.  So you just have to run through and hatch them all before you can even have a chance to start getting one of these.

Basically this is a big grab for in-app purchase money (incubators).  Fortunately I've built up my coins to over 1000 from gym battling.  I was hoping to buy a lure pack with those and some more space upgrades for Gen 2.  But now I'll probably use at least half for incubators.

Oh yeah and there is the Santa hat Pikachu to catch as well.  So at least there is one new thing to look for in the wild.

I caught Pikachu right after the announcement. He is a pretty easy find.
I haven't gone out yet but none have shown up at my house ;).

Sliph Road is probably the best place to look for info on the eggs. Here's what they have so far:

2km eggs: Cleffa, Igglybuff

5km: Pichu, Togepi

10km eggs: Elekid, Magby, Smoochum

Not happy about 3 being in the 10km eggs as I still can't get Hitmonchan, Lapras, or Aerodactly. They need to remove Pinsir, Scyther, and a few others from 10km eggs if they are going to dilute the pool like this. And oh yeah, how about giving some 10km eggs out? I haven't gotten one in months.

Had to get my mom at the airport so me and my son drove around a bit on our way up there.  We came across 4 Santachus (though 2 ran from me even with berry + ultra ball) and filled our egg slots out.  I actually got a 10km one for the first time in forever!  I look forward to my new Pinsir overlord!

(My daughter finally hatched one of her 10km and it was an Omanyte.  Meh).

One of my Pikachu's was a near max level (but only 53% IV unfortunately).  I'll probably make that one my Santa Raichu, though, unless I find a better one in the next few days.

I've hatched a few 5km eggs that I know I got after the update: Sandshrew, Venonat, Meowth, Diglett, Nidoran.  Sigh... I still can't even get a Porygon after what has to be 200-250 5km eggs hatched.

My first post-update 10km egg will hatch here soon.  Can't wait.

Hey, got an Elekid from my 10km egg!  That expanded my 'dex from Dragonite at 149 all the way to Elekid at 239.  Lots of blanks in there now.

I'm going to edit this post as a running count of my eggs since the update.  It will help me keep track plus illustrate how out of balance 5km eggs are relative to the others.  After hatching the 2km and 10km eggs all my others are 5km now (hatches are colored as the eggs in the list below):

Eggs since update: Sandshrew, Venonat,  MeowthDiglettNidoranMagikarpElekidDoduo,  Psyduck,  Mankey, Sandshrew,  Drowzee,  Cleffa

2 out of 13 for baby hatching so far - which isn't that bad, actually.  I expected worse.

Only hatched a Nidoran M since the update took place, though I picked up a 10km egg afterwards (again from a new / rarely visited stop, I'm 6 for 6 on 10km eggs now with that condition), I'll have to wait until I buy another incubator to check it out.

And still haven't seen a Santachu yet, normally I can find at least one Pikachu every other day, though plenty of time to get one.

Poor Cleffa - she's all lonely now!

[attachment=24796:Cleffa_Dex.jpg]

Eggs since update: Sandshrew, Venonat,  MeowthDiglettNidoran (F)MagikarpElekidDoduo,  Psyduck,  Mankey, Sandshrew,  Drowzee,  Cleffa,  Nidoran (M),  Geodude,  Rhyhorn,  Zubat,  Venonat,  Diglett,  Geodude

So the odds are trending back down again: only 2 new ones out of 20 hatched...

I guess they may make me spend some money on some incubators...

Last night, after weeks of 5km's, I *finally* got a 10km egg!  I don't have a free incubator to place it in yet. 

One of the new ones would be nice, but Hitmonlee or Hitmonchan would also be swell.

0 out of 4 on new 'mon hatches from 5km eggs, did some gym battling and got another incubator for the 10km egg, we'll see what comes up.

Also the new nest migration has me torn, finding some good nearby spots popping up (one for Squirtle that is somewhat on the way to work).

Now the question is should I use my limited time to play to gym battle for coins or go nest hunting?  I've been only able to get into one secure lvl 10 gym since the last prestige update, so I can't count on easy coins anymore.

They are definitely giving out more 10km eggs now.  My son has 5 of them and I've gotten 4 over the past 2 days after not having one for about a month.

My egg hatchings:

Eggs since update: Sandshrew, Venonat,  MeowthDiglettNidoran (F)MagikarpElekidDoduo,  Psyduck,  Mankey, Sandshrew,  Drowzee,  Cleffa,  Nidoran (M),  Geodude,  Rhyhorn,  Zubat,  Venonat,  Diglett,  GeodudeOddishBellsproutCharmander,  Zubat,  Bulbasaur,  Chansey

So only 2 new baby Pokes out of 26 eggs so far.  My son just hatched an Elekid as well though (edit: and just now an Igglybuff).  And I have 2 10km eggs incubating and another ready to go.   For the first time ever, I have 3 each of all 3 egg types, instead of the usual 8-9 5km eggs ;).

It seems like all sorts of new people are playing now.  We're seeing people take gyms that we've never seen before.  Could be college kids back for the holiday.  Whatever the cause, it is getting harder to keep gyms.  We only managed 6 this afternoon and we had to double back and take one that flipped a minute after we took it.  It is all icy and messy here too, so it is hard to drive around and do that now.  But me and my son blew all our stored up coins from the last 2-3 weeks on incubators so we need more!  A week or two ago we could easily make a circuit around our town and get 10 gyms.

And no one has any respect for my baby Elekid and Cleffa.  They keep getting killed right away when I put them in gyms...  Our town rival has added a Farfetch'd to his Mr. Mime.  I definitely call shenanigans on that now.  He isn't putting any of the new babies in gyms, though, so I have that on him anyway ;).

Edit: My son just hatched an Aerodactyl.  Now he has 3 of the 4 things I still need to get from Gen 1: Aerodactyl, Hitmonchan, Porygon.  We both still need Lapras.  Since none of these ever appear in the wild (at least nowhere we've been) I'm at the mercy of eggs.

Well I guess I cursed myself to getting a Magby from my 10km egg, but at least its new, right?  I already have an 86% IV Magmar with the best move set and lvl 22, don't feel like leveling it up and wasting the dust, so for now (until Gen 4 is released) the extra candy is useless.

I do have a good story though, yesterday a co-worker and I went to get a Chansey spawn together at a nearby stop, and we both got high level ones (his was 810ish CP, mine was 1112 CP), so we took over a nearby gym and placed them both together.  No more than an hour later someone else puts their 1000ish Chansey in, and now overnight the Gyms at a level 8 with three decent level Chansey at the bottom.

Hopefully that will deter enough people to keep that one solid for awhile.

Well, the Chansey I hatched was disappointing but not too bad considering how rare they are and what I could have gotten instead.  For example, my latest 10km egg turned into a Kabuto :bomb:.

Eggs since update: Sandshrew, Venonat,  MeowthDiglettNidoran (F)MagikarpElekidDoduo,  Psyduck,  Mankey, Sandshrew,  Drowzee,  CleffaNidoran (M),  Geodude,  Rhyhorn,  Zubat,  Venonat,  Diglett,  GeodudeOddishBellsproutCharmander,  Zubat,  Bulbasaur,  ChanseyWeedleKabutoCharmander,  Eevee,  Mankey

Just 2 new baby Pokes out of 31 eggs so far (and both were in the first 13; 18 since then with none).

Just hatched back to back 10km eggs:

Magby and Smoochum! Good start!
I have two 2km eggs going now and I have another 10km waiting for an incubator.

Just hatched back to back 10km eggs:

Magby and Smoochum! Good start!
I have two 2km eggs going now and I have another 10km waiting for an incubator.
Lucky bastard. My son got a whole bunch of 10km eggs at the same time I got a couple. Now we're getting none. It was like they released a bunch the day or two after the announcement but we're back to normal now. I'm about 2km from hatching my last one then it is just the 5km egg grind once again.

In any case, he ended up with an Elekid on his first one, then an Aerodactyl (first time any of the 3 of us has seen one). But since then it has been Pinsir, Scyther, Pinsir. Ouch...

You might have some decent luck on those 2km eggs. Both my son and I have gotten one new one out of those, both on about our second one hatched (though since then as you can see I've struck out). The 5km eggs continue to be garbage (no Porygon, no new ones). I haven't seen any Pichus or Togepis in gyms, either. But then again, I haven't seen any of the babies other than the ones me and my son keep putting in them.

I think we can confirm at this point that the baby Pokes have replaced their evolved counterparts at least in the 10km eggs (and probably all of them) as I haven't heard of anyone getting a Jynx, Magmar, or Electabuzz. After Pinser, Scyther, and Eevee, those were the next worse things to get from 10km eggs back in the day. All of those things can be found in nests (along with Omanyte, Electabuzz, and Kabuto). Aerodactyl, Chansey, Snorlax, and Lapras on the other hand, cannot be found in nests (just random very rare spawns - though Aeros do spawn in the Clefairy/Dragonite biome supposedly).

D'oh!  I got another Elekid from my 4th new 10km egg.  Damn.  But I did just now catch a CP 10 Ditto.  I wanted one of those for our "joke" gyms.  Usually the last 2 or 3 we take we put "joke" stuff in and that is perfect.

Eggs since update: Sandshrew, Venonat,  MeowthDiglettNidoran (F)MagikarpElekidDoduo,  Psyduck,  Mankey, Sandshrew,  Drowzee,  CleffaNidoran (M),  Geodude,  Rhyhorn,  Zubat,  Venonat,  Diglett,  GeodudeOddishBellsproutCharmander,  Zubat,  Bulbasaur,  ChanseyWeedleKabutoCharmander,  Eevee,  MankeyElekidGrowlithe,  Staryu,  Zubat,  Spearow,  Eevee

... those 5km eggs though - what a useless pile of crap.  Looks like now I can add Togepi and Pichu to Porygon as things I'll never get from them!

My second 10km egg since the update wasn't a new baby Pokemon, but I finally got a Dratini now, so I'll count that as a win.

Now a have a new perma-buddy for the next 475km, unless Niantic does another 1/4 buddy distance candy event again.

Given this occurrence I think I'll spend more time hunting down the remaining nest Pokemon and less on taking Gyms over, unless I'm getting more 10km eggs than usual.

Given this occurrence I think I'll spend more time hunting down the remaining nest Pokemon and less on taking Gyms over, unless I'm getting more 10km eggs than usual.
It is my experience that nearly every park, no matter how small, has become a nest for something. But the Silph road atlas isn't updated by people as much as it used to be so just check it out yourself. When I saw Magmars at two different times at the single stop at a tiny half-block park I knew something was up.

My third 10km since the Gen 2 update....another Smoochum. :/
Better than the second Kabuto in 3 10km eggs that I just got :bomb:

Eggs since update: Sandshrew, Venonat, Meowth, Diglett, Nidoran (F), Magikarp, Elekid, Doduo, Psyduck, Mankey, Sandshrew, Drowzee, Cleffa, Nidoran (M), Geodude, Rhyhorn, Zubat, Venonat, Diglett, Geodude, Oddish, Bellsprout, Charmander, Zubat, Bulbasaur, Chansey, Weedle, Kabuto, Charmander, Eevee, Mankey, Elekid, Growlithe, Staryu, Zubat, Spearow, Eevee, Tentacool, Kabuto, Paras, Diglett, Magikarp, Sandshrew

Found on Reddit: go to a Pika Clause or Raichu Santa and turn your phone upside down (assuming power saving mode is on).  When you flip it back over the hat will flip around.  Kind of a cool easter egg, so to speak ;).

Did anybody else notice they changed the female trainer's stance in the loading screen?  I was always joking to my friends that Squirtle and Snorlax liked what they saw.

But, people whined, and Niantic changed it.  :/

Did anybody else notice they changed the female trainer's stance in the loading screen? I was always joking to my friends that Squirtle and Snorlax liked what they saw.

But, people whined, and Niantic changed it. :/
Well, to be fair they changed the whole thing. There's speculation this is leading up to some sort of event.

I continue to pour all my gym coins into incubators and continue to be let down:

Eggs since update: Sandshrew, Venonat,  MeowthDiglettNidoran (F)MagikarpElekidDoduo,  Psyduck,  Mankey, Sandshrew,  Drowzee,  CleffaNidoran (M),  Geodude,  Rhyhorn,  Zubat,  Venonat,  Diglett,  GeodudeOddishBellsproutCharmander,  Zubat,  Bulbasaur,  ChanseyWeedleKabutoCharmander,  Eevee,  MankeyElekidGrowlithe,  Staryu,  Zubat,  Spearow,  EeveeTentacoolKabuto,  Paras,  Diglett,  Magikarp,  Sandshrew,  Nidoran (M), Nidoran (F),  Gastly,  Scyther

So no new ones in the last 34 eggs except the second Elekid.  And no Pichu or Togepi (or Porygon) in 28 5km eggs.

I finally did see a Pichu in a gym.  Have not seen Togepi, though, which means they are pretty rare if all the high level players around me don't even have one yet.

The holiday season has arrived! Celebrate it with us!
Pokémon GO Holiday
Trainers,

As the year draws to a close, we want to give you a great way to celebrate the end of the year with Pokémon GO. For the next couple of weeks, you’ll have even more reason to explore the world with your friends and family while you enjoy our year-end event.

Don’t miss out on an increased chance to hatch a Togepi (and other Pokémon)! Starting the morning of December 25, 2016, and through the afternoon of January 3, 2017 (PST), PokéStops will award one single-use Incubator each day after your first Photo Disc spin. As you visit PokéStops during this time period, there will be a greater chance of finding Eggs that hatch Togepi, Pichu, and several other recently found Pokémon, originally discovered in the Johto region. Special Pikachu wearing festive hats will also be staying around a bit longer! You are more likely to find these limited-edition Pikachu during the time period of this celebration.

In addition, from the afternoon of December 30, 2016, through the afternoon of January 8, 2017 (PST), the first partner Pokémon and their Evolutions, originally discovered in the Kanto region, are more likely to be encountered. This means a greater chance to catch Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, and Venusaur, as well as Charmander, Charmeleon, and Charizard, plus Squirtle, Wartortle, and Blastoise! As a way to increase your chance to encounter one of these Pokémon, Lure Modules will also last for 60 minutes instead of 30 minutes.

Get up and go!

—The Pokémon GO team

Hmmm... Interesting:

- Single-use incubators every day and greater chance for eggs with the new hatchlings is awesome.

- More chance for Pikachu with hat?  Meh - I already have like 15 of them.

- More of the original starters and their evolutions?  WTF?  That seems odd.  I don't need any of those anyway, though it would be nice to find a wild Charizard I guess.

- Lures for 60 minutes.  Decent I guess - we might try to the 3-stop park where Dragonites occasionally spawn once again.

Though this means they are not doing a lot of things that people speculated on such as increased Snorlax spawns, increased Ice types (no Lapras for me), a legendary or two for Christmas/New Years, and of course no other new Gen 2 pokemon...

And my 10km egg turned into a mother fuck ing Scyther :bomb:

Oh well... And I think they already turned up the Santachu spawns because I've seen at least 5 today.  Its to the point now where I ignore them.  I have caught at least 18.  I have 16 in my inventory and transferred at least 2.  I will transfer more now, I suppose, since it will never be good trading fodder.

So the key thing is when does the free incubator start?  Because in order to maximize your number you need to make sure you don't spin a stop before they start giving them out on the 24th.  If the event is starting right on the 25th UTC time that is 4pm Pacific/7pm Eastern.  But if you spin a stop before that time you lose out on getting one on the 24th.

Went on a gym run and did some slow driving to clear out a few eggs before tomorrow (to get the ones with a better chance for the babies).  And guess what?  I hatched a Pichu!  So that was kind of funny that I got one before the new eggs.  The incubators definitely didn't start at midnight UTC time.  I'm hearing 8am Pacific tomorrow from a few places.

Eggs since update: Sandshrew, Venonat,  MeowthDiglettNidoran (F)MagikarpElekidDoduo,  Psyduck,  Mankey, Sandshrew,  Drowzee,  CleffaNidoran (M),  Geodude,  Rhyhorn,  Zubat,  Venonat,  Diglett,  GeodudeOddishBellsproutCharmander,  Zubat,  Bulbasaur,  ChanseyWeedleKabutoCharmander,  Eevee,  MankeyElekidGrowlithe,  Staryu,  Zubat,  Spearow,  EeveeTentacoolKabuto,  Paras,  Diglett,  Magikarp,  Sandshrew,  Nidoran (M), Nidoran (F),  Gastly,  ScytherPichuGeodude,  Venonat,  Magikarp,  Caterpie,  Psyduck,  Goldeen,  Exeggcute

Edit: and tonight the new tracker paid off for the first time ever: there was a Snorlax up at the park that is the only thing we can see on there now.  Of course we had to hop in the car to go get it vs. when we used to see them around the corner and could walk.  Mine was 137 but my son finally got a 1900 one (all 6 or so of his were 500 or lower prior to this).

I think I was too early getting a Pokéstop today? I never got an incubator.
My wife spun her first one around 11:00 central today, and she got one.

There's three "present" items in the shop. They all kinda suck. The first two packs are worth it for saving a tiny bit on incubators. The third present is not a good value, unless you like incense. (And I don't know anybody that does...)

bread's done
Back