Pokemon Go

I think I was too early getting a Pokéstop today? I never got an incubator.
My wife spun her first one around 11:00 central today, and she got one.

There's three "present" items in the shop. They all kinda suck. The first two packs are worth it for saving a tiny bit on incubators. The third present is not a good value, unless you like incense. (And I don't know anybody that does...)
Yeah, they "flipped the switch" around 8 or 9 am Pacific and if you got your first stop of the day before that you were out of luck on the incubator. For once my sleeping in paid off ;). I didn't get mine till like 2pm.

We got 10 gyms early yesterday and for the first time ever held them all night. I went to bed around 6am and we still had them. But I should have figured people would get an early start on Christmas Day (even though it was odd they were inactive on Christmas Eve). We only had 2 by the time we headed out ourselves at 3pm. So we had to take 8 more back. All kinds of weird people in town we've never seen before and on the flip side most of the regulars seem to be inactive.

But with the presents we definitely wanted to claim the max coins. It sucks that I just bought 3-4 incubators over the last week. I was trying to clear out eggs before the event - had I known they'd have a sale on incubators I definitely would have waited.

But, yes, the general consensus is that the cheapest package (250 coins) is actually the best since it is the biggest discount on incubators themselves. They are 125 each in there instead of the normal 150. In the second pack they are 137.5 and in the third one they cost more than normal (but you do get the 25 incense).

By the way they are going to do the same thing with lures/lucky eggs next week to coincide with the 60 minute lure duration and increased starter spawns.

And also, they definitely boosted the Santachu spawns today. I caught 4 just doing our normal gym run and saw at least 3 others nearby that we didn't even bother with.

Edit: took a Christmas night walk and saw a few more Santachus. So I'm estimating I saw at 10-12 just today.

Edit #2: Took a late night slow drive and saw even more Santachus and my son hatched a Togepi! He's pretty sure it was a new egg from today.

Last edited by a moderator:
I spun today, and got my incubator. Bought some of the lowest present packs, too.
Emailed Niantic about missing the incubator the first day. I'll see if they do/say anything.

Also, hatched Togepi!

I need: Pichu, Igglybuff, Cleffa, and Elekid.

Well I'm definitely into new eggs from after the increased baby pokemon chance, and I've gotten a Psyduck, Ekans, and Geodude... (Edit: while out at dinner tonight I finally hatched an Aerodactyl!)

Eggs since gen 2 baby Pokémon were introduced: Sandshrew, Venonat,  MeowthDiglettNidoran (F)MagikarpElekidDoduo,  Psyduck,  Mankey, Sandshrew,  Drowzee,  CleffaNidoran (M),  Geodude,  Rhyhorn,  Zubat,  Venonat,  Diglett,  GeodudeOddishBellsproutCharmander,  Zubat,  Bulbasaur,  ChanseyWeedleKabutoCharmander,  Eevee,  MankeyElekidGrowlithe,  Staryu,  Zubat,  Spearow,  EeveeTentacoolKabuto,  Paras,  Diglett,  Magikarp,  Sandshrew,  Nidoran (M), Nidoran (F),  Gastly,  ScytherPichuGeodude,  Venonat,  Magikarp,  Caterpie,  Psyduck,  Goldeen,  Exeggcute,  Aerodactyl

Eggs from after start of Christmas event (supposed higher chance of the new baby Pokémon):  Psyduck,  Ekans,  Geodude,  Staryu,  Psyduck,  Poliwag,  Rick Gastly,  Ekans,  Zubat,  Tangela,  Caterpie,  Nidoran (F),  Squirtle

So, um, yeah, so much for the increased baby chances from eggs so far...  Out of 55 pre-event eggs I got 4 babies, for an average of one every 13-14 eggs.  During the event I've hatched 13 so far with no babies.

Another nest migration has occurred.  I'm not entirely sure what happened to the local park I can see from the house.  I saw one Magmar there earlier but haven't seen another.  It could be something lame like Nidoran and I'd never be sure since they spawn all the time anyway.  Right this very second the only thing I see up there is a single Rattata!

Edit: Yeah, I think it is male Nidoran.  Gross.

Well, Toys R Us has Pokemon Go Plus's....

For $49.99

http://imgur.com/oBu0aFw
Screw that. The thing isn't even that useful any more. I could use it on our downtown slow-drives to get Pokestops but that's about it. I'm not paying anything close to that for it.

Eggs since gen 2 baby Pokémon were introduced: Sandshrew, Venonat, Meowth, Diglett, Nidoran (F), Magikarp, Elekid, Doduo, Psyduck, Mankey, Sandshrew, Drowzee, Cleffa, Nidoran (M), Geodude, Rhyhorn, Zubat, Venonat, Diglett, Geodude, Oddish, Bellsprout, Charmander, Zubat, Bulbasaur, Chansey, Weedle, Kabuto, Charmander, Eevee, Mankey, Elekid, Growlithe, Staryu, Zubat, Spearow, Eevee, Tentacool, Kabuto, Paras, Diglett, Magikarp, Sandshrew, Nidoran (M), Nidoran (F), Gastly, Scyther, Pichu, Geodude, Venonat, Magikarp, Caterpie, Psyduck, Goldeen, Exeggcute, Aerodactyl

Eggs from after start of Christmas event (supposed higher chance of the new baby Pokémon): Psyduck, Ekans, Geodude, Staryu, Psyduck, Poliwag, Rick Gastly, Ekans, Zubat, Tangela, Caterpie, Nidoran (F), Squirtle, Caterpie, Meowth

Not a single baby since the "higher chance" thing started... My son did just hatch a Magby though.

Just need Igglybuff now. Only need Elekid from the new ones.
You'll appreciate this one. I just got a Smoochum from my only 10km egg I got during the event ;).

Eggs from after start of Christmas event (supposed higher chance of the new baby Pokémon): Psyduck, Ekans, Geodude, Staryu, Psyduck, Poliwag, Rick Gastly, Ekans, Zubat, Tangela, Caterpie, Nidoran (F), Squirtle, Caterpie, Meowth, Caterpie, Nidoran (M), Meowth, Smoochum, Oddish, Psyduck, Geodude, Nidoran (F), Sandshrew, Goldeen, Rhyhorn, Spearow

My son and I went on our gym/Pokestop run and we saw a few more Bulbasaur than usual (though they are fairly common here anyway). We saw an Ivysaur at the local park but didn't bother with that (according to my Pokedex I've seen 17 and caught 13). We did see 3-4 Charmanders, though, and about 3 Squirtles and that is very unusual. Even more unusual were the Charmelion and Charizard we ran into. My son for once got the best CP version of the rare one (Charizard), but of course it ran away from him... Mine was only 756.

We'd never seen a wild Charizard and, actually, I don't think we'd seen a wild Charmelion either. I have 3 seen/3 caught but I'm pretty sure I evolved 2 and just caught the 3rd.

We've had more Charmander tonight than my four friends have seen combined prior to the event! They're all over here, as are the other two.

We've had more Charmander tonight than my four friends have seen combined prior to the event! They're all over here, as are the other two.
Had a Charmeleon spawn on our house late last night! Luckily I had my phone by me as I was playing Dragon Quest Builders ;).

Edit: Found two more Charmeleons today.

I finally got a PORYGON!  Yes!  Also found a Blastoise at a park today.  Later we went to a Mall and didn't find much there even though someone had a lure up.  I did hatch a lot of eggs, though, and got that Porygon (though the rest was crap including two more Nidorans).

Has another solid day of egg hatching.  I got a Magby and a freaking Lapras, finally!  Now I'm just missing Hitmonchan, Togepi, and Igglybuff.

Eggs from after start of Christmas event (supposed higher chance of the new baby Pokémon):  Psyduck,  Ekans,  Geodude,  Staryu,  Psyduck,  Poliwag,  Rick Gastly,  Ekans,  Zubat,  Tangela,  Caterpie,  Nidoran (F),  Squirtle,  Caterpie,  MeowthCaterpie,  Nidoran (M),  Meowth,  SmoochumOddish,  Psyduck,  Geodude,  Nidoran (F),  Sandshrew,  Goldeen,  Rhyhorn,  SpearowNidoran (M),  Ekans,  Porygon (!!!!),  Nidoran (M),  Poliwag,  Diglett,  Vulpix,  Goldeen,  Magby,  Magnemite,  Bellsprout,  Lapras(!!!!),  SmoochumGeodude,  Spearow,  Doduo,  Sandshrew,  Krabby,  Gastly,  Oddish

So the babies haven't been hatching in abundance for me, but I've gotten two things I really wanted otherwise!

We went to the park at higher elevation where Dragonites sometimes spawn and it was all lured up once again.  We didn't get much out of that, but on the way home my son spotted a Rhydon and it ended up being 2600 for both of us.  That was my 8th highest thing and his 5th highest and by far the highest CP thing I've caught in the wild.  So that was almost as good as finding a wild Dragonite.

My son now has all the babies and the only thing he's missing in the NA Pokedex is Lapras.   He was, shall we say... disappointed... that I got one ;).  But he was happy that mine kind of sucks.  Relatively low IV (82%) and bad moves (Ice Shard/Dragon Pulse)

Has another solid day of egg hatching. I got a Magby and a freaking Lapras, finally! Now I'm just missing Hitmonchan, Togepi, and Igglybuff.
Congrats on the Lapras (and the Porygon and Aerodactyl from earlier). Igglybuff shouldn't be too hard to get due to the overall lower pool of alternatives in the 2km lot, though hopefully your streak continues with the other final two.

Over the holiday break I hatched Pichu and Igglybuff, as well as caught a wild Wartortle (saving me the candies for my living Pokedex), and thanks to the two event related Squirtles around my general hunting areas (where I've never seen any before), only 4 candies away from a Blastoise.

That brings my remaining list to the following:

Blastoise (4 candies to go)

Dewgong (6 candies to go, will stop by a nest to clear this one out soon)

Muk (14 candies to go, still hoping for an egg hatch for a good IV / retaining living Pokedex)

Gyarados (89 candies to go)

Lapras

Dragonite (85 to go, still my buddy)

Togepi (and technically Togetic afterwards)

Cleffa

Smoochum

Elekid

Not too bad all things considering.

I'm still basically stalled. 

Hitmonlee

Hitmonchan

Dragonite (walking Dragonair - 70 candy in)

Kabutops (need 10 candy; hoping to find a nest so I don't have to walk it)

Igglybuff (basically only been given 5km and 10km eggs for a while)

I've got 200+ Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle candy, for an eventual great IV hatch.  The ones during this event are all bad IV's.  Caught a random CP 990 Blastoise last night.  Didn't need him, but it was cool to see.

I've got 200+ Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle candy, for an eventual great IV hatch. The ones during this event are all bad IV's. Caught a random CP 990 Blastoise last night. Didn't need him, but it was cool to see.
Since they nerfed Venusaur and Blastoise I'm only really interested in their dex entries, not really using them in gyms. If my Charizard had Wing Attack I would consider using him for attacking, but I have plenty of Arcanines (that I don't even use as it is).

And just after my post I hatched an 86% Grimer with enough candies for a Muk, so one more to scratch off the list. I also just hatched a 10km egg into a Snorlax (second one, first one was a wild catch), but with Lick / EQ moveset I won't bother powering him up.

These 1 time use incubators as Pokestop rewards are probably my favorite of the promotions so far, maybe only topped by the 1/4 buddy walking distance requirement event.

These 1 time use incubators as Pokestop rewards are probably my favorite of the promotions so far, maybe only topped by the 1/4 buddy walking distance requirement event.
Unfortunately I think the last one was today, right? We went out just after midnight to get it in case they turned them off at 8am or early this afternoon PST. Those were nice while they lasted. I also spent all my Coke Rewards iTunes money ($10 I think) on the 250 coin incubator packs so that is why I was able to incubate so many eggs the last week or two. I currently have 5 eggs incubating but I think every one of them except the infinite one has just one use left. So I'll be back to just 1 at a time soon enough, though I'll probably go back to using my gym coins on the single incubator purchases in the store.

And as I type this an Ivysaur just spawned on my house...

I have been having some really good luck with eggs the last few days.  Today within minutes of each other I got a Togepi and a Hitmonchan.  So now the only thing I'm missing is Igglybuff!  I still have a few more event eggs to sort through but no 2km so I'll just have to get it from the normal pool.  Still, was way more glad to have gotten Togepi vs. Igglybuff since that was a much smaller chance.

We went out to dinner and to a Pokémon hot spot, but it was so cold there was no one there and no lures up like usual.  We made one quick loop and had to hop back in the car.  We hunted down a few Magikarp via car then went home.  Just as we think we're finished my son spots a Charizard in the 7-11 parking lot not far from home.   It was a pretty good one too and we all managed to catch it despite it breaking out dozens of times.

Eggs from Christmas event:  Psyduck,  Ekans,  Geodude,  Staryu,  Psyduck,  Poliwag,  Rick Gastly,  Ekans,  Zubat,  Tangela,  Caterpie,  Nidoran (F),  Squirtle,  Caterpie,  MeowthCaterpie,  Nidoran (M),  Meowth,  SmoochumOddish,  Psyduck,  Geodude,  Nidoran (F),  Sandshrew,  Goldeen,  Rhyhorn,  SpearowNidoran (M),  Ekans,  Porygon (!!!!),  Nidoran (M),  Poliwag,  Diglett,  Vulpix,  Goldeen,  Magby,  Magnemite,  Bellsprout,  Lapras(!!!!),  SmoochumGeodude,  Spearow,  Doduo,  Sandshrew,  Krabby,  Gastly,  Oddish,  Togepi,  Rhyhorn,  Ponyta,  Hitmonchan(!!!!),  Nidoran (F),  Snorlax,  Cubone,  Magnemite

I have been having some really good luck with eggs the last few days. Today within minutes of each other I got a Togepi and a Hitmonchan. So now the only thing I'm missing is Igglybuff! I still have a few more event eggs to sort through but no 2km so I'll just have to get it from the normal pool. Still, was way more glad to have gotten Togepi vs. Igglybuff since that was a much smaller chance.
Nice, it seems like most of the legitimate, non spoofing players who have been playing since the beginning are just about to finish up their Gen 1 dex (aside from regionals), which would be perfect timing for a full Gen 2 release (or at least in small batches like the baby 'mon).

I've been having relatively good luck with my 10km hatches recently (at least in getting new ones via hatches, not necessarily new entries), though still holding out hope for a Lapras.

So get this:  after never seeing a Hitmon anywhere and just hatching a Hitmonchan yesterday, one showed up on the sightings at our neighborhood park.  I was 4am and 20 degrees out and it was at the stop I'd have to walk to so I skipped it.  Had I not just hatched one, though, I would have gone after it for sure.

I also just hatched a Snorlax out of my last leftover event 10km egg.  Since I have all the babies from 10km eggs I'll take it!

NYC has always had a ton of Squirtles & Bublasaurs...likely due to the proximity of the water and so many parks.

...7 months later, Charizard has finally been caught, of course now Charmander is popping up like crazy everywhere. Just drove by what could possibly be a Machop nest too as 2 of them were just chilling.

Also just caught a ditto after contemplating if I really wanted to be bothered w/that Ratatta. score.

Naturally my wife who doesn't play managed to hatch all the baby eggs except Elecakid. My toddler is elated that he has pokemon finally that I do not.

...7 months later, Charizard has finally been caught, of course now Charmander is popping up like crazy everywhere.
I had a moment like that yesterday, I finally had enough Squirtle candy for a Blastoise, and then I ended up catching one at a nearby stop thanks to the event. The moves and IVs are horrible, so that made it even more anti-climatic to wait this long for the last starter evolution.

My son and I went to the area that spawns Clefairy and occasional Dragonite.  We got one months ago and my son's was a 48 - he's been upset about it ever since.   So we went to the park where you can reach 3 stops from one spot and lured them up since the lures still last an hour and this was probably our last chance (big snowstorm hitting here tomorrow supposedly).

We didn't get much from the lures, but a Dragonite showed up on the nearby!  It ended up being 2818 for both me and my son (we are both 30+ now so apparently all wild Pokémon are the same for us now even though he's 30 and I'm 32).  For my little kids (who share an account and are like level 27 now) it was "???" which means it was the highest thing they had.  Just earlier we found another Rhydon that was "???" for them and it ended up being the highest.  This Dragonite would have beaten it.  I should have done it for him, but my 9 year-old lost his.  Fortunately me and my older son caught our 2818 ones.  He was super relieved and it made up for his 48 Dragonite and 42 Snorlax he got once (while ours were much better).

On the other hand, I just right now noticed that I hatched my 10km egg and it is my second Lapras this week.  That is incredible.  He will be very pissed about that ;).  It does have the same crappy moves as my other one though (Ice Shard/Dragon Pulse).  One was 1600 and one was 1661 - Oh well...

The 2818 Dragonite is my 6th highest thing - and the 5 above it are ones I powered up quite a bit.

My post-event eggs: Magikarp, Squirtle, Lapras, Squirtle, Bellsprout, Magnemite, Growlithe, Geodude, Bellsprout, Dratini

(we are both 30+ now so apparently all wild Pokémon are the same for us now even though he's 30 and I'm 32).
Not really on topic (I'll gloss over your continuing good egg luck as not to discourage my own hatching ;)), but I've been thinking about the much discussed future potential trading aspect of the game. How are they going to handle CP / Pokemon levels when you trade between trainers with two very different levels?

Are they going to allow for trading across the board without level requirements (meaning you could trade a wild lvl 30 Pokemon to a lvl 20 trainer) and just have the CP curve maxed out until the trainer catches up? I would think this would cause a twinking problem though with many low level trainers at the top of the gyms, so I don't think this would happen.

Are they going to limit trading only to Pokemon that are within the catchable / trainable level for both players? This would be the most logical and balanced way I would see it going forward.

Are they going to pull another move entirely where they will readjust the level based upon the receiving trainers level (to some extent how the wild catches work)? This would only be employed for higher level trainer to lower level trainer trading, not the other way around.

Also while I'm sure they wouldn't do this, but what if the movsets were re-generated upon the trade? It would make the most logical sense to keep the same movesets, however it would certainly be easier for Niantic to have the trade count as a new capture and not retain any of the move set / original location information, and just have everything rerolled. That would also be abused by constant trading back and forth for optimum move set generation, so I'm sure that idea will be nixed.

Finally, would there be any cost (stardust at least) of this trading? Otherwise I could see the huge problem of mules being created just to transfer over 'mons without having to buy the additional storage. Sure you may have to spend a week or two rush training the alt but that would buy you an extra 250 spaces (though with a bit of hassle needing two phones to do it properly).

Basically just airing out some issues and realizing this potential future updated feature is not as straight forward as it seems. I've never traded in the main Pokemon series, so forgive me if this doesn't seem like much of a hurdle on paper as I'm making it out to be.

I've been saying for a while that I'd think they'd have to require a stardust payment.  It's the only way I can think of that would prevent bots from simply doing all the work and trading to a "real" account.  Would also keep trading to a minimum?  50,000 stardust (example) per trade or something would really make you only trade what's absolutely necessary.

In the main games, receiving a Pokemon too high for you makes it disobey you in battle.  Niantic could basically not allow a high traded Pokemon to fight in gyms for a low level trainer.  In the games, you have to have badge requirements before high level Pokemon will obey.

I myself don't think they're ever going to implement trading.  It seems logical that they would, since trading is one of the cornerstones of Pokemon.  I just think they never found a good way to implement, so it's not gonna happen.  (Hope I'm wrong.)

Are they going to pull another move entirely where they will readjust the level based upon the receiving trainers level (to some extent how the wild catches work)? This would only be employed for higher level trainer to lower level trainer trading, not the other way around.
They already do this for gym battles (at least against your own team) so I see that as the most likely method. I don't see the effect of this too often but the other day someone beat my 2 kids out of our local gym and left my 2960 Snorlax in there. So we had to prestige against that to get them back in. Normally we're prestiging against 1000-1500 mons, not one that high. I saw it stay at 2960, but my son who is two levels lower saw the CP drop a bit.

I dropped my daughter off at her college yesterday and found a couple of level 9 gyms near there. I got a couple of Pokémon into those and they are still there. Hopefully they hold. I noticed a lot of the gyms outside of our town were level 8-10. Here in town it is pretty competitive and nothing lasts for long. Strange little 15,000 person town I live in, apparently,

Well I had probably the best 1 minute of Pokemon Go today since I started playing, a wild Snorlax popped up near one of my local stops, was able to snag it with a friend (48% IV, 1150 CP, but with Lick / HB it will be a good friendly gym trainer for me), and then immediately after I caught it (on the first Ultra + Razz toss) my 10km hatched into my second Dratini, saving me 135km worth of walking and one 'mon closer to the full living Pokedex.

Still no Lapras, but I can't complain with the rapid fire luck.

I also hatched another Pichu and Igglybuff since the event ended, certainly not near as exciting as the first time they hatched.

There's been very little Pokémon hunting for me since we are snowed in.  But at least I've been able to hold on to a few gyms for multiple days because of it.

And apparently I just hatched a Spearow - never saw the egg hatch but I had a spare incubator (and it was my infinite one) and there was a Spearow in my recent Pokémon and I almost never catch those any more.  Yay.

I also got a Dratini with my last 10km egg.  I didn't pay attention to the candy but I must have gotten the minimum (like 10) because it barely seems like my total changed.  Contrast that to the Dratini hatched during the Halloween event that gave me 50 candy!

Also the nest migration just happened today.  It looks like my local park went back to Jynx again, which is what it was about 4 migrations ago.  I guess I'll keep catching them for the Ice medal in case I ever see a wild Lapras.  It sure is better than the Nidoran's it's had for the last 2 weeks.

My post-event eggs: Magikarp, Squirtle, Lapras, Squirtle, Bellsprout, Magnemite, Growlithe, Geodude, Bellsprout, Dratini, Spearow, Ponyta, Charmander, Cubone, Growlithe, Staryu, Voltorb, Squirtle

My only recent 10km was also a Dratini!
It gave me 20 candy (plus one when I transferred it).

I could get my first Dragonite now, but the Dragonair I have stinks.
Gonna just keep walking towards 125 candy, so I can move my best Dratini all the way up.

I could get my first Dragonite now, but the Dragonair I have stinks.
Gonna just keep walking towards 125 candy, so I can move my best Dratini all the way up.
Actually you'll only need 124 candies if you are evolving from Dratini, you'll get one candy back when you do the first evolution. Likewise you'll have one extra candy after you do the Dragonair to Dragonite evolution.

Not sure you already knew this, but hey, it will save you 5km of walking if you didn't know.

And I hatched another Pichu again today. I thought I cleared through all of my eggs since the event, but maybe I had a couple left over still...

And I hatched another Pichu again today. I thought I cleared through all of my eggs since the event, but maybe I had a couple left over still...
Well you can still get babies outside the event. I've gotten 8 total babies and 4 were from before the event and 4 during in about the same amount of eggs. I didn't see any increased chance for babies from the event at all (though others on reddit claim to have seen 2x - 5x the amount).

Here were my egg results (baby hatch percentage)

Before event: 4/57 = 7.0%

During event: 4/55 = 7.2%

I know I was lucky with a few recent eggs, but overall I have been incredibly unlucky. Here's another persons results: 12/99 = 12.1% 19/88 = 22.6%. Even their non-event hatches were almost twice the rate of mine! And their event hatches were ridiculous. Another person saw a 5x difference. A lot of it depends on how many of the eggs you got were 10km ones. Those have a much higher chance of being babies just because the pool is smaller. I get very few 10km eggs. My percentage of 5kms seems to be higher than even normal and there are fewer babies there. 5 of the 8 babies I have gotten were from 10km eggs, despite only about 10% of my eggs being 10km ones.

Well you can still get babies outside the event. I've gotten 8 total babies and 4 were from before the event and 4 during in about the same amount of eggs. I didn't see any increased chance for babies from the event at all (though others on reddit claim to have seen 2x - 5x the amount).
Oh I know you can get them any time, I just remember clearing through most (if not all) of the eggs I got during the event, but even with the new eggs I'm still getting roughly 15-20% babies (about the same I was getting during the event).

I expect that number to go down, but just curious that the trend is continuing so far. Wish these were all Togepi hatches instead of Pichu though.

EDIT: And I just hatched another Igglybuff. So far since July, I've only hatched two Clefairy, I hope Cleffa isn't near as rare for me.

EDIT: And I just hatched another Igglybuff. So far since July, I've only hatched two Clefairy, I hope Cleffa isn't near as rare for me.
Cleffa was the very first baby I got like 2 days after the babies were introduced. I haven't gotten a single baby out of a 2km egg since then. I really don't get it - why am I only getting 7% baby hatches while everyone else is way higher than that? My kids only have a couple of the babies too - not sure what their rate is since we don't keep track but I'm guessing it is as bad as mine. Maybe the stops in my town just give out crappy eggs.

I'm going to Atlanta next week so I'll be able to hit up the mysterious parking lot full of Magikarp and the occasional Dratini. I haven't been there since early November so hopefully it is still like that. I'm going to evolve another Gyarados and see how much candy I can get to max it out. My Bite/Hydro Pump 100% IV maxed out Gyarados is a gym destroyer. I just wish there was some sort of event going on to make it more interesting.

Since the babies have been introduced I've hatched 126 eggs.  I've gotten the following babies: Pichu, Cleffa, Togepi, Smoochum x 2, Elekid x 2, Magby

That's it.  8 out of 126, or 6.3%, and that includes nearly half of those being from the "increased hatch rate" event.  My 14 eggs post-even have had no babies, so my overall average is dropping even further.

I'm lucky I got the variety I did, with only Igglybuff missing and 1 of so many of them (especially Togepi). I suppose I have a better chance at another Togepi (the only one I'd want more than 1 of anyway), now, since all 9 of my current eggs are 5km eggs!

I need for the rest of gen 2 to come out soon to hold my interest here.  But I suspect they are waiting until Spring (at least March and Spring Break time) for that to happen.  At this point I'm just doing a few gyms battles every couple of days so I can cash in on some coins to increase my bag space and maybe buy the occasional incubator.

I just got a PoGo Plus at Gamestop!  I was trading in some Best Buy games and saw they had just one left behind the counter.  I had actually called earlier in the day because I heard some GS stores got them in but they put me on hold and never got back to me.  I was going to go in anyway for the Best Buy flips and just thought I'd check then.  I was really lucky they had the one left!

I spent $64 at Best Buy, and got a free T-shirt (a nice licensed Star Wars shirt for my son - free shirt is a GS promo on trade-ins), the PoGo Plus, $5 down on RE7 (which I will either cancel later or just forget about) and $72 back on my PUR card.  Got a 20% bonus for the RE7 preorder so that's why I did it.  So basically I got the shirt, the Plus, and $13 extra credit all in exchange for converting $64 cash into Gamestop credit.

I can make good use of the Plus on my trip to Atlanta.  Now I need to cash in those coins on as many bag upgrades as I can afford so I can stop throwing away normal Pokeballs (since the Plus needs them).

I just wish there was some sort of event going on to make it more interesting.
Valentines Day would make for a good event holiday, definitely some candy boost and potential for buddy Pokemon bonuses, but that's in another month.

In egg news I just hatched a 93% IV Chansey, and with my wild catches I'm at 47 candies. Assuming that when it gets updated with Gen II it will only be 50 candies for evolving to Blissey, I only have to get three more (which I'm debating on trading in a couple of my lower level / IV ones anyways).

But then I'm faced with the choice of evolving my high IV lvl 20 Chansey, or my low IV (49%) but high level (30) Chansey I picked up earlier. I doubt I'd be swimming in candies to power level the high IV one up to a respectable level, and I'm guessing Blissey is only going to be used for top ranking gym placement anyways.

Furthermore if I got the worst moveset for the lvl 20 Blissey, I would be even less inclined to level it, whereas the lvl 30 Blissey I could care less about the moveset since I'm saving the dust / candies.

Basically I'm tempted to rush for the high level novelty / show off factor than the logical long term goal when the Gen I to Gen II evolves become available. Here's hoping my assumption of a 50 candy evolve is true...

Basically I'm tempted to rush for the high level novelty / show off factor than the logical long term goal when the Gen I to Gen II evolves become available. Here's hoping my assumption of a 50 candy evolve is true...
I'm counting on 50 as well but even though I've caught 1 and hatched 2 I was only at 30 candy. So the other day I switched my Togepi (also at 30 candy) out for one of my Chanseys and will hopefully be ready with the 50 candies once Blissey drops. It could be 100 though.

The Pokémon Go Plus should help with distance. I've been using it around town and it is definitely nice for Pokestop runs as I don't have to have my phone out. These were generally low speed (10 mph or so) cruises in my little town's downtown area late at night so there was little risk of spinning for stops. But the Plus definitely makes it that much easier, and now I can do it at busier times as well. I just have to remember to turn off the Pokémon catching since it prioritizes that over stops. I also use it to catch random Pokémon while I drive around normally. It does seem to spot things at higher speed than you can on your phone. I was able to see stops at 55 mph, though I nearly always got errors when trying to get them (because they probably went out of range before I tried to get them).

So I'd definitely recommend it for 2 things:

1) Stardust/experience accumulation. Since you can just continuously catch all the trash Pokémon as you drive around you can build these up pretty quickly. I intend to use it whem I wouldn't normally be catching stuff. You have to be careful using it too much, though, since you are pretty much never going to catch anything good with it. I'd hate to lose out on a Snorlax that spawned on our house, for example, because I was just lazily clicking the Plus button every time it buzzed.

2) Pokestop runs. You see stops at faster speeds and get them with a simple click after you feel the Plus vibrate - no need to look at anything.

Had my first Pokémon Go Plus casualty today.  Apparently a 1963 Scyther ran away from it.  But I probably wouldn't have even seen it to begin with (pretty sure I was driving when this happened) so I suppose I didn't really lose it.

It would be really nice if you could configure it to use berry + great/ultra ball on certain things though.

Thankfully, one of the Chansey I hatched was during the double XP event, so I'm over 50 candy (only having three Chansey).

Caught a 2150 CP Snoralx yesterday at a Pokestop.  Trash IV's with Lick/Body Slam.  He'll be fine to dump in gyms though.

That makes 18 Snorlax for me now.  I have more Snorlax than I've seen and caught of things like Doduo, Machop, and Magnemite!

Yep same here.  In fact today right after my son came home from school I grabbed my wife's phone to get the little kids their gym coins.  I'm glad I did it just then because I saw a Snorlax up at the park on the edge or our screens (only place we can see things thanks to the tracker change).  So me and my son hopped in the car and went up there.  We both got him at 2461 and with Zen Headbutt/Hyper Beam which is pretty good.  IVs are trash (36-44) but at that level he can be used as is in a gym.  The little kids' one was at 1400 but at least we caught it on all 3 phones.

That makes 12 seen 13 caught for me (with just one of those from an egg).  1 ran from me like the second week of the game when I thought they were common (because that was the second I had seen).  So I've seen 12 wild ones which is more than most of those things you mentioned too.  Well I have seen more Machop but only because of nests.  My rares, though, in terms of seen in the wild: Chansey (1), Hitmonlee (0), Aerodactly (0), Lapras (0), Onix (1), Porygon (0), Hitmonchan (1 - just recently up at the same stop the Snorlax was at and the very same day I finally hatched one), Dragonite (2 - and those were from camping out in a known spawn area for them), Seel (1 not from a nest), Voltorb (1 not from nest).

The following I've never seen in the wild except for nests (thanks to the Silph Road Atlas): Magnemite, Omanyte, Kabuto.  And I've never seen any of their evolutions, even at nest sites.

Wow - looking at my Pokedex I am 76 out of 76 on Machop catches (pretty much all from nests).

Finally got my first Scyther today. Now if only I can get a Snorlax.
Hah, you don't want to know how many Scyther I've seen. And this is just the ones I've clicked on. I've ignored several others.
46 seen, 39 caught

My rares, though, in terms of seen in the wild: Chansey (1), Hitmonlee (0), Aerodactly (0), Lapras (0), Onix (1), Porygon (0), Hitmonchan (1 - just recently up at the same stop the Snorlax was at and the very same day I finally hatched one), Dragonite (2 - and those were from camping out in a known spawn area for them), Seel (1 not from a nest), Voltorb (1 not from nest).

The following I've never seen in the wild except for nests (thanks to the Silph Road Atlas): Magnemite, Omanyte, Kabuto. And I've never seen any of their evolutions, even at nest sites.
Funny how it works out, I've seen plenty of wild non-nested Onix, Doduos, Machops, and Magnemties, those are somewhat fairly common for me. Seen a fair amount of wild Omanyte, Kabuto, Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Chansey, Voltorb, but nothing in high numbers (maybe 5-10 of each). Saw one wild Omastar on my tracker but couldn't get to it in time.

My wild, non-nest rares are Snorlax (2, though two have shown up on my tracker that I didn't get to), Any Dragon series (seen Dratini a total of two times on my tracker), Clefairy (0), Lapras (0), Porygon (1), Jynx (0), Electabuzz (1), Tangela (2), Lickitung (1), Grimer (2), Seel (0), Shellder (0), Squirtle (1). The last three make sense because of my biome at least.

One of my 9 5km eggs finally turned into a baby today, but it was a Pichu.  I want another Togepi so I can evolve it, and I still need Igglybuff but since the game has stopped giving me 2km eggs that's not going to happen.  I finally got some different eggs today and they were both 10km.

My post-event eggs: Magikarp, Squirtle, Lapras, Squirtle, Bellsprout, Magnemite, Growlithe, Geodude, Bellsprout, Dratini, Spearow, Ponyta, Charmander, Cubone, Growlithe, Staryu, Voltorb, Squirtle, Horsea, Oddish, Pichu, Cubone, Staryu, Psyduck, Onix, Magby, Geodude, Hitmonlee, Krabby, Machop, Meowth, Pichu, Ponyta

One good side effect for the lack of events is that certainly fewer people are playing, as I have been able to hold gyms for much longer than during the holiday season.

I should be taking advantage of this and do more active nest hunting on the Gen II evolves that I still need to stock up on (mainly Slowpoke, Poliwag, Oddish and Horsea), as I don't need to go around as much reclaiming gyms.

Oh and I just got my 1000km walked gold medal today, close to my gold medals for gym battles and training (less than 40 each I think).  Still need another 110 eggs hatched until that one goes gold too.

I've gotten 4 10km eggs in a row which is astounding.  I'm currently incubating 3 at once.  I have not gotten a 2km egg in a long time now.  We've been able to hold gyms a little longer so we only go out every other day now.  So we'll get 8-10, and usually have 4 or 5 still the next day.

We went to a park we'd never been to before for Omanytes tonight.  We got about 10 in less than an hour so that was pretty nice.  My son evolved one and got the best moveset.  Mine turned into the worst.  Oh well.

bread's done
Back