Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver $34.99/$32.54 at Amazon

[quote name='slidecage']dont waste your time going to TRU for the package deal...

the pokemon starter kit is pure junk

they are not giving the pokemon gift cards out (just a normal card) saying the pokemon cards are not ringing up right

its about the cheapest place you can buy the game though (34.99 after 5 buck gift card)

i cant belive how crappy the starter kit is

STARTER KIT LINK
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4042610[/QUOTE]

Maybe you can answer my questions, the others are busy fighting about a toy. Do you need to have the ridiculous "rewards" card, or do you have to pre-order the game? Any other requirements? Or is it just the first 50 People That get the freebie?

Was there a lot of people, did you have to go pretty early?

[quote name='Korben']Maybe you can answer my questions, the others are busy fighting about a toy. Do you need to have the ridiculous "rewards" card, or do you have to pre-order the game? Any other requirements? Or is it just the first 50 People That get the freebie?

Was there a lot of people, did you have to go pretty early?[/QUOTE]

Those who are wondering you get

POKEMON 5.00 GIFT CARD
POKEMON SHIRT CHILD SIZE
POKEMON STARTER KIT

read somewhere on a link that its the first 50 people.. It looked like they had a lot more then 50 t shirts.

you do not need the rewards card

you did not have to preorder (only 2 people in line did)

i got there like 2 mins before they opened and they had a line of around 8 people

there was a kid who was first in line i think had too much suger this morning LOL he kept yelling pokemon and was jumping up and down before the store opened... He then ripped the package open as soon as they got it ..... sort of felt bad for the grandmother he was with cause after she paid for the gamem he then ran back and said he wanted the guide as well.. she had to get all of her stuff back out to pay for it (she was probally in her 80s and moved real slow..)

was sort of sad cause it sort of remind me what i probally looked like 30 years ago with my grandmother (who died back in 94) : (

EDIT friend just got home (she went over to target for something) She has the POKEMON GIFT CARD saying they was able to get it to work for her.... Her card expires APRIL 30 while my normal one doesnt have a date so it will be up to the store if you get the pokemon card or not

[quote name='WormFOODx']Yea, the Target in my neighborhood said that about 3 guys cleared them out. They said that with my 10 and 7 year old standing there.

Life lesson.[/QUOTE]

That's terrible, sorry to hear that. :cry:

I've got a figure coming with my Heart Gold pre-order that I will give to my niece unless it holds some resale value. She has no idea what pokemon is, but I think she'd really like the toys. Was going to try and get a Lugia as well for her, but never got around to it. Maybe I'll order the Walmart package deal so she can end up with both.

i do not see how people were allowed to clear out stores of the figures.. at least at my target it said LIMIT 1 CARD PER PERSON

meaning you could only get 2 at a time ... if you saw someone with more then 2 i would of taken it up with the manager and if they did nothing about it i would of called the main store and #$#$#$#

A way to get people to stop doing it is to make them PAY FOr the item before they get their figures (it was just a stupid way target handled this ) funny thing is my cousin went over to target to pick up the other 2 games (needed 4 )

The worker said they doubt anyone who preorderd it will even pick up the game... they just wanted the figure

personally thinking about taking my copy back... even at 34.99 that is a lot for a pokemon game when i still have the plat one to play... its just too bad they didnt have ADULT size t shirts

I don't know about you guys but I just made a new Amazon account yesterday after closing an old one months ago and I got a Prime trial right off the bat. This thing's coming by Tuesday or Wednesday for me.

I can't believe people missed out on the figure that was so readily available for such a long time before the release. I mean it was a pre-order bonus. If have you have kids that really wanted it how hard would it have been to just pick them up in a timely manner?

Anyway if someone somehow missed out on these *great* figures and mine actually shows up feel free to PM me and I'll send it out at cost.

[quote name='PS2gamerGCN']I went to my local 24-hour wal-mart; they only had the standalone copies available for $39.99. Not sure if this is true for all wal-marts, though. [/QUOTE]

Damn. $40 for a DS game?

I was going to run up and get it at my Wal-Mart today since I have a $10 GC from Christmas, but I'm not sure now.

And, just wondering, will all Wal-Marts actually have this in? Just asking because mine is a good distance away.

talking bout the figures... if someone wanted to do a swap..

Figures for the Toys r us t shirt (child size large ) let me know .. i have no use for the shirt or pm me if someone wants the shirt for an offer

Yea 40 bucks is alot for a game..i think the game really cost like 29.99 maybe 34.99 but they added another 5.00 for that stupid walking thing

[quote name='slidecage']Those who are wondering you get

POKEMON 5.00 GIFT CARD
POKEMON SHIRT CHILD SIZE
POKEMON STARTER KIT

read somewhere on a link that its the first 50 people.. It looked like they had a lot more then 50 t shirts.

you do not need the rewards card

you did not have to preorder (only 2 people in line did)

i got there like 2 mins before they opened and they had a line of around 8 people

there was a kid who was first in line i think had too much suger this morning LOL he kept yelling pokemon and was jumping up and down before the store opened... He then ripped the package open as soon as they got it ..... sort of felt bad for the grandmother he was with cause after she paid for the gamem he then ran back and said he wanted the guide as well.. she had to get all of her stuff back out to pay for it (she was probally in her 80s and moved real slow..)

was sort of sad cause it sort of remind me what i probally looked like 30 years ago with my grandmother (who died back in 94) : (

EDIT friend just got home (she went over to target for something) She has the POKEMON GIFT CARD saying they was able to get it to work for her.... Her card expires APRIL 30 while my normal one doesnt have a date so it will be up to the store if you get the pokemon card or not[/QUOTE]

Same where I went, though mine was a regular gift card the cashier wrote in the back that it would expire on 4/30/10. So you might not have it written on yours, but I guess they were supposed to, or at least tell you. In mine they weren't ringing right either so I didn't get it either.

I already had it pre-ordered at Best Buy and used the 10% off coupon for the reward zone, so that went fine. Got another one at Toys R Us, 39.99 plus tax, but hey got a t-shirt, some stickers, a $5 gc, and the basic set....which I honestly don't mind. It goes with the stylus I have of Dialga and Palkia, so now I have those...even though these are much smaller. Still it's regularly 10 bucks, so I'm not complaining, it's a welcome addition, especially since it's 40 (though of course cause it comes with the pokewalker)

Mine also had a ton of t-shirts, so doubt it would stay for only the first 50

They didnt give me the pokemon gift card at TRU with the picutre but I kindly requested it as a "momento" so the clerk gave it to me anyway.

[quote name='PS2gamerGCN']I went to my local 24-hour wal-mart; they only had the standalone copies available for $39.99. Not sure if this is true for all wal-marts, though. [/QUOTE]

That's really bizzare... I wonder if brick and mortar Wal-Marts will Price-Match Walmart.com. (It's $32.54 there, but Walmart.com hates hotlinking)

...I'm off to see if Target will pricematch Walmart. Their online FAQ says they'll only pricematch printed ads, but I don't subscribe to the newspaper. (Well, I get free ones at school, but they don't get the Sunday ads)

[quote name='Estebon']How many people actually backed you up though? Its one thing to get on your soapbox and bitch, but to bitch and bitch and bitch and bitch nonstop is fucking annoying. We know how you feel, ok, good. Spread the wealth to other threads and topics about people buying up 8 copies of GOW3 UC and not on stupid garbage toys that are going to be worth about the same as your stupid fucking posts in a year. Jack shit.[/QUOTE]

4-5 posts are really "fucking annoying"? :roll:

If you don't like my posts, don't read them. I don't care about the figures all that much. I think the Lugia one looks good but if Amazon was charging $40 for the "Limited" edition and $35 for the standard, I'd probably have skipped it. Obviously the figures mean something hoarders. Who goes and cleans out a store of "stupid garbage"?

[quote name='KillerRamen']That's really bizzare... I wonder if brick and mortar Wal-Marts will Price-Match Walmart.com. (It's $32.54 there, but Walmart.com hates hotlinking)

...I'm off to see if Target will pricematch Walmart. Their online FAQ says they'll only pricematch printed ads, but I don't subscribe to the newspaper. (Well, I get free ones at school, but they don't get the Sunday ads)[/QUOTE]

physical Walmart stores will NOT price match online Walmart prices. I actually went to get a manager one day, and explained to him that I was about to take the Walmart.com price to Best Buy, who would price match it. Even letting him know that he was about to lose my business completely didn't allow him to price match in-store for me. As he explained it, Walmart and Walmart.com are the same only in name. They are completely different business units. Best Buy and Best Buy.com are the same, 100%. Walmart and Walmart.com are as different as Walmart and K-Mart.

That is why you can't do in-store pickup. It's almost like buying from a 3rd Party on Amazon.com or something. /boggle

You don't care about the figures all that much? That's all you've doing around here is pissing and moaning about these damn figures. Don't give anyone that line about how you don't care about them all that much, when it's clear you do. The mere sight of someone hoarding them just gets under your skin doesn't it?

[quote name='g-man']physical Walmart stores will NOT price match online Walmart prices. I actually went to get a manager one day, and explained to him that I was about to take the Walmart.com price to Best Buy, who would price match it. Even letting him know that he was about to lose my business completely didn't allow him to price match in-store for me. As he explained it, Walmart and Walmart.com are the same only in name. They are completely different business units. Best Buy and Best Buy.com are the same, 100%. Walmart and Walmart.com are as different as Walmart and K-Mart.

That is why you can't do in-store pickup. It's almost like buying from a 3rd Party on Amazon.com or something. /boggle[/QUOTE]

Walmart.com has site-to-store though... That's just weird.

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']You don't care about the figures all that much? That's all you've doing around here is pissing and moaning about these damn figures. Don't give anyone that line about how you don't care about them all that much, when it's clear you do. The mere sight of someone hoarding them just gets under your skin doesn't it?[/QUOTE]

No, that's not all I'm doing. I've had maybe 5-6 posts at most complaining about the hoarders. I have maybe 40 posts in this thread. I hate hoarding, especially when people clean out a store as they have done with these figures they claim are "garbage."

well icedrake, I agree that it's ridiculous when guys clean out the figurines. Especially in the case of a couple pages back. Where the guy took his children there and they were out, only to be cleaned out by 3 "guys". But that's the way of the world, people are greedy. Bitching about it isn't going to change anything, the best you can do is bite your tongue.

[quote name='KillerRamen']Walmart.com has site-to-store though... That's just weird.[/QUOTE]

Indeed, but even if your Walmart has the item in stock, you have to wait for your order to come in, which makes absolutely no sense.

ok ok enough talk about people hoarding the figures....

I just emailed amazon about my order for soulsilver asking them to refund the difference for the price drop to 32.xx for the non figure copy since they had the preorder guarantee. Got refunded $2.45.

Note I just mentioned the price dropped on the one and didn't mention the fact that mine had the figure. That being said the figure wasn't a special edition even if they had it listed that way. It was a preorder bonus that every store had. So the prices of the 2 should have been the same and probably would have if they hadn't run out of the ones with the figure.

[quote name='KillerRamen']Walmart.com has site-to-store though... That's just weird.[/QUOTE]
Even if they have the product in stock, they still ship the item from their warehouse. Walmart is stupid.

So is the walmart $33 price tag for heart gold/soul silver exclusively for online purchases, or is that also their retail price? I want to cancel my Amazon order, as mine isn't even in shipping soon, but I want to find a retail outlet that will sell the game for $35 or less. Think best buy will price match the walmart online deal?

[quote name='Anbokr']So is the walmart $33 price tag for heart gold/soul silver exclusively for online purchases, or is that also their retail price? I want to cancel my Amazon order, as mine isn't even in shipping soon, but I want to find a retail outlet that will sell the game for $35 or less. Think best buy will price match the walmart online deal?[/QUOTE]

I've never been denied a walmart.com pricematch at BB. That's not saying it doesn't happen or won't ever happen...

[quote name='Anbokr']So is the walmart $33 price tag for heart gold/soul silver exclusively for online purchases, or is that also their retail price? I want to cancel my Amazon order, as mine isn't even in shipping soon, but I want to find a retail outlet that will sell the game for $35 or less. Think best buy will price match the walmart online deal?[/QUOTE]

It appears to be online only, but Best Buy should price match. (They've priced matched Newegg for me before, I think it depends on the guy you talk to)

It comes with a pedometer? I am now interested again...will see about sale sin the future...

Showed up to TRU 15 min before opening, there was one person waiting by the dooor and 1 in the car, by the time the store was opened there was maybe 8 people. The Nintendo Rep was still setting up. That banner he had was really cool, wish I could buy it.

Screw BB go to Sears, they price match Walmart online prices, BB is YMMV.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Mine comes in 2 days. Game and guide. HG. ^_^[/QUOTE]

3 days here. Though maybe I'll get lucky and it will come a day sooner as some stuff does on occasion.

I went to Target to redeem my pre-order, but they refused to price match... So I went to Best Buy and they price matched Walmart for me.

I think you guys who ordered on Amazon will be very happy with the HeartGold/SoulSilver packaging. The pictures do NOT do the slipcase justice and the little Pokewalker looks much nicer than I thought it would.

Just a heads up for those interested in the strategy guide of HG/SS, expecting it to be like Platinum's; it's not. Nintendo's gotten the bold idea of SPLITTING the guide into two books. The one available mostly now is Volume 1, which only covers the Johto portion of the game, the Pokeathlon and the Johto Dex. Volume 2, I likely assume will cover the Kanto portion and will likely feature the National Dex covered in it.

Went to buy SoulSilver on amazon a few minutes ago and when I check out it applied a $25 promotional balance to the cost and the rest went to a gift card I had. Anyone else get this discount I'm guessing it may have been because of the omnibus order they canceled but wow $25

[quote name='jlindsay26']Went to buy SoulSilver on amazon a few minutes ago and when I check out it applied a $25 promotional balance to the cost and the rest went to a gift card I had. Anyone else get this discount I'm guessing it may have been because of the omnibus order they canceled but wow $25[/QUOTE]

Yup... If you ordered an Omnibus, you got the $25 promo. Some people got them even though they got all their books.

[quote name='icedrake523']They did the same for Diamond and Pearl. Too late for me to cancel so I'll just get Vol 2 later.[/QUOTE]
If memory serves me right, the D/P guide was separated by walkthrough and then Pokedex. Completely different from HG/SS as half the game is split into another guide.

With DP, the first guide stopped at the E4. The second guide has post-E4 such as getting Regigas, Giratina, Heatran, and some other things. It was mostly the National Dex though.

I wonder why SoulSilver is $2 cheaper than HeartGold when I see it. Neither of them are in my Quick Picks.

oh well I'll get back to Pokemon when Nintendo finally decides to stop making more generations...

I still haven't figured out how to get stuff added to my quick picks, it's only books that are showing up on mine :( I think if I were to get them to show up, I'd finally bite, lol!

[quote name='Gamer SDP']I wonder why SoulSilver is $2 cheaper than HeartGold when I see it. Neither of them are in my Quick Picks.

oh well I'll get back to Pokemon when Nintendo finally decides to stop making more generations...[/QUOTE]
I think it may have to do with SS being the more popular one. Seems to be selling better.

Damn kids are probably thinking "HeartGold? That's gay! SoulSilver sounds more hardcore!"

The order I placed last night around 8pm was shipped today sometime after noon.

Neat.

What's ONETRAC anyway?

Well I went to my local TRU an hour and half after they opened. They still had stacks of the stuff. I got a regular GC didn't ask about the special one. I also got some paper Pikachu hats, coloring paper and some stickers along with the basic set and T-shirt. I went with HG cause I Gold back in the day.

I pre-ordered this, but I haven't got an email telling me its been shipped or anything. Where can I find my orders on the amazon website? I went under My Orders, but nothing came up.

bread's done
Back