Preorder Lost in Blue 2 or Pokemon Pearl/Diamond at gamestop/eb for special stylus

fatbeer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
B180265Ab.jpg

Order Lost in Blue 2 and recieve a stylus pen/screen wipe FREE! The stylus pen lights up as you tap the touch screen to make fire! The screen wipe features a dome with fish and the wipe side looks like sand at the beach. This bonus will ship with your game and is available while supplies last. See stores for details.

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=B180265A

B180269Ab.jpg

Order Pokemon Diamond for the Nintendo DS and recieve a Collectible Pokemon Diamond Stylus with Dialga Topper Pen FREE! The bonus items will ship with your order and are available while supplies last. See stores for details.

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=B180269A

B180270Ab.jpg

Order Pokemon Pearl for the Nintendo DS and recieve a Collectible Pokemon Pearl Stylus with Palkia Topper Pen! The bonus items will ship with your order and are available while supplies last. See stores for details.
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=B180270A

B180269Bb.jpg

Order Pokemon Diamond and Pearl for the Nintendo DS and recieve Collectible Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Styluses plus a Stylus Holder FREE! The bonus items will ship with your order and are available while supplies last. See stores for details.
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=B180269B

A pen and stylus holder? Odd...

Well, I'm gonna have to pre-order both Pokemon anyway (one for me and one for my sister), and Lost in Blue 2 looks like a buy still.

Hmm, I wonder when the stylii will actually be instore. I want both of the Pokemon ones, but don't want both games at the same time. So, theorhetically, I could put $5 down on each, get both stylii, then switch the $5 on Pokemon Pearl to my Pokemon Diamond preorder? Thus making it $10 down on Diamond? Or could I even possibly preorder both Pokemon and LiB2, get 3 stylii, then have $15 down on Diamond?

I was thinking about getting Diamond but not if it's got a $5 premium. However if GameCrazy is doing this I can always find some crappy games I don't like to trade in to pad this.

ok I preordered instore about a month ago, when will I get my stylus for Diamond or Pearl? Or will I even get one because I preordered so early?

Have a nice day.

[quote name='zerowing']ok I preordered instore about a month ago, when will I get my stylus for Diamond or Pearl? Or will I even get one because I preordered so early?

Have a nice day.[/quote]

You will probably get the stylus+holder when you pick up the game, as long as they still have them instock, which they should. They usually give the extras away with the game to those who didn't preorder it anyway.

Hmm. LIB didn't really interest me and the stylus is kinda iffy. I do like the pokemon ones however. I think I'll go for Diamond... or maybe Pearl.

Or maybe I could be a real asshole and preorder both for the stylii and return one.

Or just sell it here.

Hmm, decisions.

Went to ye olde local EB yesterday as I do every tuesday. I forget what the banter du jour was, but when I told Danny, "I need to pre-order sumpin" he looks up and high fives me. (the entire store is insane) Then we I tell him the game and everyone there about the stylus. They get all excited about it and tell me about how they loved the Phoenix Wright pointy finger stylus I bugged them about with that pre-order.

The goofy little bits of plastic sell a $35-$40 game. Sad. And incredibly cool at the same time.

Thanks!

Going to preorder Pokemon, Dont know which version yet but im going to preorder it.

Looked at other sites (amazon, BestBuy etc.) and they list them at this price as well for preorder. dont know if thatll change on the first week......

OK, looks like this debunks the rumor of having to order both copies to get the stylus, since you get a different stylus with each game.

34.99 is not a 5$ premium for this game, since it has wifi (and GOOD wifi too) it will probably be 34.99 everywhere for a while with no price drop in sight, much like animal crossing and new super mario bros still command a 34.99 retail price new everywhere.

As long as they don't jack the price up to 39.99 like they (gamestop) did with pokemon emerald its all good. Back when ebgames and gamestop were separate entities ebgames sold pokemon emerald for 34.99 and gamestop sold it for 39.99. Gamestop tried a clever trick where they attempted to convince the customer to forget that they put 5$ down on the reserve of it then charged them 34.99 for the game when they came to pick it up. If you didnt reserve it you just got charged a flat 39.99.

Some people are pre-ordering for a stylus when they don't even want the game, this is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of.

Hey 30.00 stick!

[quote name='Cmosfm']Some people are pre-ordering for a stylus when they don't even want the game, this is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of.

Hey 30.00 stick![/quote]
They may be banking on Lost in Blue 2 soaring above MSRP just like the original did. A rare custom stylus is icing on the cake for an ebay auction.

Aside from that, you'd be amazed at the drawing power of crappy little tschotskes.

[quote name='bobthecat23']hey i wonder which pokemon version would be the superior one?[/quote]As in which will be the one which sells more? My guess will be Diamond. Most folks would choose a diamond over a pearl.

[quote name='SaraAB']
34.99 is not a 5$ premium for this game, since it has wifi (and GOOD wifi too) it will probably be 34.99 everywhere for a while with no price drop in sight, much like animal crossing and new super mario bros still command a 34.99 retail price new everywhere.[/QUOTE]

BestBuy's sold the other Pokemon games the first week they were out for $24.99 or less making them $19.99 with the GGC. I can't see spending $15 more on each game for a stylus, although I heard other stores are going to be doing preorder bonuses, so hopefully there will be something as cool as this. And Mario and Animal Crossing were $30 at most places and can still be found for $30.

I'm going to end up getting both Pokemon games, too, so it's not a big deal. (Diamond for me and Pearl for my brother).

I am actually considering pre-ordering Lost In Blue 2, also. There goes my money...

Let's see... as far as true bonus styli:

Castlevania PoR
EDIT: Death Jr. LE
Kirby Canvas Curse (I think this was an Nsider thing at nintendo.com)
Phoenix Wright 1
Phoenix Wright 2 (different from 1st?)

And then the upcoming 3. Those are the only ones I can think of.

[quote name='fairtrade']Let's see... as far as true bonus styli:

Castlevania PoR
Kirby Canvas Curse (I think this was an Nsider thing at nintendo.com)
Phoenix Wright 1
Phoenix Wright 2 (different from 1st?)

And then the upcoming 3. Those are the only ones I can think of.[/QUOTE]
death jr

GAH! I can't resist the LiB2 preorder!

I have the first one, but I can't get by the first couple of days, I need HELP! It seems like it will be so much fun once I get a steady food and water supply.

Glad some people gave some love for Lost in Blue.

I had to sell my copy after I got about 60 days in. I wanted to beat it, but I needed the money more.

The beginning is very aggravating, but the trick is figuring out where food appears and when.

If you scavenge for food in different spots over a three day period, it is almost impossible to die.

There are flaws to the game:

1. Skye can't carry anything and barely thinks for herself. I dragged her through the grasslands and she couldn't bother carrying dandelions or chives. She's half starved to death and standing in the middle of 8 pieces of food.

2. You can't upgrade how many items you could carry on your person. Sure, carrying 20 logs is unrealistic, but being unable to carry 21 raspberries is even more unrealistic.

3. There was no fat index. If you're keeping your hunger and thrist meters above 80% after breakfast and for the rest of the day, why aren't you gaining weight?

4. There is no ability to upgrade stamina. You spend a week running everywhere, pushing logs, building rafts and shelves and you're still running on empty by 6PM each day.

It is a game that is very hard to put down, but it gets even harder to pick up as you progress through the game.

Just got my stylus - boy that was fast shipping! (coincidentally I just got my phoenix wright stylus after over a month of waiting and two weeks of emailing, calling, posting on their message board, etc. but that's another story)

hehe - they call the stylus tip light up - "simulating fire starting" They also warn you that the stylus battery will last approximately 8 hours of continuous use and that you should NOT change or replace the battery - wha? I think I'll be taking it apart here in a second after this post. Here's a photo I took of my stylus and packaging.

lostinbluestylussmallzp1.jpg

bonus points to anyone who can guess what I used to prop up the packaging with - hehe. It could be a BIT tricky.

*edit* oh yeah - forgot to mention - the screen cleaner is filled with water and has three little fish that float around in it - sweet!

sure enough - it's Orbital and Dotstream - love both of them. They are actually more challenging that I thought they'd be. Now I want the rest of them haha...

I just got mine too, it's pretty awesome, especially compaired to the phoenix wright stylus! It's very neat how it glow brighter the more you shake it! It uses three of those little old calculator/old hand held game/old watch battles... I'd think you can find those in most electronic shops if you ever need them replaced!

Thanks OP again for alterting us to this awesome pre-order bonus!

[quote name='bordjon']Just got my stylus - boy that was fast shipping! (coincidentally I just got my phoenix wright stylus after over a month of waiting and two weeks of emailing, calling, posting on their message board, etc. but that's another story)

hehe - they call the stylus tip light up - "simulating fire starting" They also warn you that the stylus battery will last approximately 8 hours of continuous use and that you should NOT change or replace the battery - wha? I think I'll be taking it apart here in a second after this post. Here's a photo I took of my stylus and packaging.

lostinbluestylussmallzp1.jpg

bonus points to anyone who can guess what I used to prop up the packaging with - hehe. It could be a BIT tricky.

*edit* oh yeah - forgot to mention - the screen cleaner is filled with water and has three little fish that float around in it - sweet![/quote]

[quote name='bordjon']Just got my stylus - boy that was fast shipping! (coincidentally I just got my phoenix wright stylus after over a month of waiting and two weeks of emailing, calling, posting on their message board, etc. but that's another story)

*edit* oh yeah - forgot to mention - the screen cleaner is filled with water and has three little fish that float around in it - sweet![/quote]
Thanks alot for the picture it looks very neat too bad it says you shouldn't change or replace the battery which makes using it worse since I wouldn't be able to change the battery once it ran out would been nicer if they made it easy to put new batteries in it.

I was looking up some games on gamestop.com and looks like they added something and now if you pre order both D/P you get both stylus plus a stylus holder.. I doubt many will be getting both since the wifi..

The price for it is $69.98 on the website

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=B180269B

[quote name='meerkatgamer']Thanks alot for the picture it looks very neat too bad it says you shouldn't change or replace the battery which makes using it worse since I wouldn't be able to change the battery once it ran out would been nicer if they made it easy to put new batteries in it.

I was looking up some games on gamestop.com and looks like they added something and now if you pre order both D/P you get both stylus plus a stylus holder.. I doubt many will be getting both since the wifi..

The price for it is $69.98 on the website

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=B180269B[/quote]
What sucks is that the day the pre-order first came out, they were offering 1 stylus and 1 stylus holder with just one Pokemon game. Now you have to buy both to get a stylus holder.

Well, I ordered Pokemon Diamon a while ago, and my order still contains both the stylus and the holder. I hope they won't try to change that!

[quote name='Kendro']What sucks is that the day the pre-order first came out, they were offering 1 stylus and 1 stylus holder with just one Pokemon game. Now you have to buy both to get a stylus holder.[/quote]

Ooh, nice, thanks Tricky. Too bad I don't have the cash to order them today, or I would. I probably *will* be getting both, though.

Nice coupon, Tricky. I wish I had the money to get both right now, too. Hopefully the coupon won't be expiring soon.

I got my Lost in Blue stylus yesterday!

Those stylus look good. Anyway, Is the free stylus for Pokemon D/P only available if you preorder online at Gamestop? Or can you preorder at a store and still recieve one? Thanks

I just did the free 3-day shipping on Pearl. I figured Diamond would probably be the more popular one, so I thought I'd be a bit different.

Thanks Tricky.

when are these showing up in-store? i placed a preorder a while back but not a word of the stylus since then...

Usually they do not give out preorder bonuses until you actually pick up the game, this is because many people were just preordering games, getting the bonus and then canceling the preorder, essentially getting a free bonus. At my ebgames they give out bonuses based on a first-reserved first served list, so if you are one of the first who reserved you will definitely get a bonus, however if you reserve like, the day before it comes out, then you have a chance of them running out of bonus items, and you may not get one. This may vary per store but this is how my store does it.

Usually they send the preorder list or at least the number of preorders the store has to the manufacturer so they know how many bonuses to allot per store (if some store had 1 preorder they certainly wouldn't want to send 20 bonuses to that store), so as long as you reserve the game say, 2 weeks before it comes out you should definitely get a bonus item.

im sorry but those pokemon items are not worth the money. you know someplace will have the game on sale for 19.99 or 24.99 the week it comes out. wait a month or sold and the pens will be on ebay for a buck or two. Look how fast the castleviaina pre orders crashed in price.

Too bad they are release the games so late. I would loved to stayed up all night playing pokemon while watching the NCAA basketball tour next week. I remember back in 2004 they did release the games in march. I wonder why they waited till april

bread's done
Back