Preorder Lost in Blue 2 or Pokemon Pearl/Diamond at gamestop/eb for special stylus

fatbeer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
B180265Ab.jpg

Order Lost in Blue 2 and recieve a stylus pen/screen wipe FREE! The stylus pen lights up as you tap the touch screen to make fire! The screen wipe features a dome with fish and the wipe side looks like sand at the beach. This bonus will ship with your game and is available while supplies last. See stores for details.

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=B180265A

B180269Ab.jpg

Order Pokemon Diamond for the Nintendo DS and recieve a Collectible Pokemon Diamond Stylus with Dialga Topper Pen FREE! The bonus items will ship with your order and are available while supplies last. See stores for details.

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=B180269A

B180270Ab.jpg

Order Pokemon Pearl for the Nintendo DS and recieve a Collectible Pokemon Pearl Stylus with Palkia Topper Pen! The bonus items will ship with your order and are available while supplies last. See stores for details.
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=B180270A

B180269Bb.jpg

Order Pokemon Diamond and Pearl for the Nintendo DS and recieve Collectible Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Styluses plus a Stylus Holder FREE! The bonus items will ship with your order and are available while supplies last. See stores for details.
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=B180269B

[quote name='slidecage']im sorry but those pokemon items are not worth the money. you know someplace will have the game on sale for 19.99 or 24.99 the week it comes out. wait a month or sold and the pens will be on ebay for a buck or two. Look how fast the castleviaina pre orders crashed in price.

[/QUOTE]
There is almost no chance of it going on $20. I dont think anyone will be giving a top seller a $15 discount. Most preorder bonus cost at least $10+ shipping, and with popularity of pokemon it could be even higher. Unless Nintendo send out way too many stylus you wont be getting it for a "buck or two"
the Castlevania bonus still fetch $30-40 on ebay so I dont know what you are talking about.

[quote name='62t']There is almost no chance of it going on $20. I dont think anyone will be giving a top seller a $15 discount. Most preorder bonus cost at least $10+ shipping, and with popularity of pokemon it could be even higher. Unless Nintendo send out way too many stylus you wont be getting it for a "buck or two"
the Castlevania bonus still fetch $30-40 on ebay so I dont know what you are talking about.[/QUOTE]

some were getting as high as 100 or even 120 when they first came out (with the game)

i wouldnt be shocked to see this at CC or best buy the first week it comes out at 22.99 or around that price i know the ones that came out in 2004 were on sale the first week for 19.99

Yea but GBA games only cost $29.99 I am pretty sure it was $24.99 and after using Gamer's gift card it was $19.99 at best buy with the last pokemon game. However Best Buy hasnt give any kind of discount on new release after run in with rockstar so I wont count on them. CC and Target had discount on some DS game by $6 or $7, but those are $29.99 games. If we are really lucky it might be on sale for $25 but I am guessing $30 is the lowest they will go.

Circuit city had pokemon mystery dungeon for 23.99 when it came out, I know because I went there to buy it for that price :)

There were no discounts for pokemon emerald when it came out, it was the 34.99 price forever with no store having a sale on it at all.

It's really not worth it to wait with the pokemon RPG games, unless they are on sale the same day as release, if that happens just go to the store with the cheapest price. If there was an 11$ difference in the price between pokemon at ebgames and pokemon at CC or another store (like there was with mystery dungeon, and yes ebgames was charging 34.99 for mystery dungeon) you better believe I would forego the bonus to get the cheaper price, especially if the difference is that much, I mean that was a 22$ savings if you are buying both games, hardly worth paying 22$ more for a stylus and stylus holder made out of cheap plastic! I would just be cancelling my preorder at EBgames as soon as I pick up the game at the store that had it cheaper :) But there is unlikely to be a discount on this game nowdays.

If gamestop jacks up the price of this game to 39.99 like they did with pokemon emerald (and yes gamestop really did charge 39.99 for emerald), then my preorder will definitely be getting cancelled and the game will be purchased at... any other store other than gamestop.

You also have to remember that bonus will be 1-2$ on ebay, however you will get charged like 10$ for shipping on it.

I am most likely only getting one copy of this game from gamestop, as I do not want to support their ploy to get you to preorder both games, and then I will be looking to certain tax free online sources for the other game + strategy guide that I will also want to buy.

Hey just a heads up Circuit City will ALSO have thoes free styluses when you preorder the pokemon games. I saw what the promo on thoes preorder cards will be and its the same thing so if your diehard to get one and possibly save money then there you go.

bill123

[quote name='fairtrade']Let's see... as far as true bonus styli:

Castlevania PoR
EDIT: Death Jr. LE
Kirby Canvas Curse (I think this was an Nsider thing at nintendo.com)
Phoenix Wright 1
Phoenix Wright 2 (different from 1st?)

And then the upcoming 3. Those are the only ones I can think of.[/quote]

A Death Jr. stylus?

Wasn't Death Jr. a PSP game? Why would there be a DS stylus.

Thanks,
Steve

[quote name='guinaevere']It's super cool. It's a scythe.[/quote]

Where can you pre-order this for the bonus stylus?

I see that there is a game "Death Jr. & The Science Fair of Doom" listed as coming out on 5/7/07 on Gamestop's website.

However, there is no mention of a bonus.

Do you know where I can see this?

Thanks,
Steve

Hmm... I did my preorders at the GS website, thinking I'd be more likely to get the bonuses that way... but I noticed that, while the LIB2 stylus says in stock, the Pokemon one is backordered. Do you guys think it just says that since the game is a ways away from releasing? Or should I think about cancelling that part of my order and going to one of the stores that has the bonus....?

Holy crap, anyone else notice that Konami is selling Suikoden III on their website for 20 bucks? I was thrilled when I found a used copy for 27 something a couple years ago.

(edit) nevermind, I'm an ass, it's sold out. So's ZoE2. Almost spent some money.

tons of places have this stylus for a preorder so it wont be limited at all like some have said. now the pen holder might but the pens themself wont

[quote name='Halo05']Holy crap, anyone else notice that Konami is selling Suikoden III on their website for 20 bucks? I was thrilled when I found a used copy for 27 something a couple years ago.

(edit) nevermind, I'm an ass, it's sold out. So's ZoE2. Almost spent some money.[/quote]
Yeah. SIII and ZoE2 have been OOS for ages.

[quote name='slidecage']tons of places have this stylus for a preorder so it wont be limited at all like some have said. now the pen holder might but the pens themself wont[/QUOTE]

yeah, toysrus.com even sell the stylus itself for $10. If we pre-order from CC, we have to pay $10 cash for the pre-order.

The thing I'm most scared about is pre-ordering at EB, then finding it $5 cheaper somewhere else.

EB loves to overcharge on Pokemon games.

Does anybody know if you get the stylus holder if you buy both games at Target? If so I might as well pick these up there if it's the same price since they have neat holofoil reserve cards.

And for anybody getting the game at TRU.com, you might want to note that the guide is $9.99. A little better than BB w/ a coupon if you really want a copy.

I just received my copy of Lost in Blue in the mail today, and to my surpise it came with another stylus in the box. They had already sent me one separately a couple of weeks ago, so I ended up getting two LiB styli out of the deal. Thanks Gamestop!

So if you already received a stylus, I bet most of you will get a second one when the game arrives. I'm double-glad I pre-ordered now.

Why did Gamestop send out the stylus prior to the game release?

In the past, they would only send game and bonus at the same time (to save on shipping, and to stop you from canceling after getting the bonus).

[quote name='D. Monic']I just received my copy of Lost in Blue in the mail today, and to my surpise it came with another stylus in the box. They had already sent me one separately a couple of weeks ago, so I ended up getting two LiB styli out of the deal. Thanks Gamestop!

So if you already received a stylus, I bet most of you will get a second one when the game arrives. I'm double-glad I pre-ordered now.[/quote]

Gaaaah... I hope I get mine. Gamestop still hasn't shipped my copy, and the stylus now says backordered :roll:

Question for you guys... I preordered LIB2 and Pokemon at the same time... are they going to hold up my LIB until Pokemon releases to mail my stuff? I didn't think they'd be that stupid... but if they will, then I'm emailing them and telling them I will get Pokemon elsewhere :p

just got my LIB2 and it also came with a second stylus! But I think I'm still more excited about the game! And I just got my GB Micro anniversary that I won on ebay today too! Man I'm overflowing with portable goodness!

Yup, I got the same e-mail today that it's been shipped and mine should be here on Friday. Too bad I wanted a while to pre-order since I didn't get a stylus yet, but I guess one is enough of a bonus. Hopefully the game is good, the only review I've seen so far was the Nintendo Power review which wasn't very good.

i pre-ordered the game in-store and they did not get the stylus (they had the game though)... called another store and they also did not get the styluses (stylii?) but had the game... has anyone else experienced this?

picked up the pen for 4.99 at best buy they said i dont even have to come back in to buy the game. Just shows the pens wont be worth jack. the holder might be worth 10 or so but it wont be like some ofthe others. Hell the best buy locally had 40 of each pen

I got a stylus back in February when I preordered the game.

And today, I got the game and inside the box was a nice little surprise... another stylus.:)

I'm keeping both, this is payback for screwing me on that DDS soundtrack that I was supposed to get. I can now open and use one and keep the other one sealed.:bouncy:

actually i was talking about the LIB2 stylus in my previous post, gonna wait two days to see if they'll come in by then before picking up LIB2... btw, been playing the first LIB and its actually pretty fun, hopefully i'll beat the game before i get the second one...

[quote name='eldad9']So should my local gamestop already have both game and stylus for LiB 2?

Also: Is the game itself any good? Gamepro (yeah yeah, but it's the only review I could find) gave it 1.5 out of 5.

http://www.gamepro.com/nintendo/ds/games/reviews/106891.shtml[/QUOTE]

I would assume so. Their computer called me this morning to say my game was in.

I happened to be in the area Monday and the person who took my preorder told me the stylus was in and gave it to me and said the game will be in Weds afternoon.

Target had a ton of both Pokemon styluses and a Pokemon gift card when you preorder it there for only $5! Well, the gift card is actually the $5 preorder fee, but it does look cool and I assume they give it back to you with a zero balance when you use it to pick up the game.

Preordered both there since I'd rather give Target my business than GameStop any day.

This is what I was wondering about: did Target give you the Pokemon styli now or did they say you had to come back and get it w/ the game?

And if anyone has a spare sealed LIB2 stylus pack hit me up.

[quote name='GunstarRed']Target had a ton of both Pokemon styluses and a Pokemon gift card when you preorder it there for only $5! Well, the gift card is actually the $5 preorder fee, but it does look cool and I assume they give it back to you with a zero balance when you use it to pick up the game.

Preordered both there since I'd rather give Target my business than GameStop any day.[/quote]

You get the stylus when you reserve, but the best news is the $5 gift card you get can be used immediately. So you get the stylus for free if you don't want the games. Just use the $5 gift card for something else.

Ah, thanks for the confirmation. That will save me a trip by BB on the way to work tonight.

[quote name='tubtub']You get the stylus when you reserve, but the best news is the $5 gift card you get can be used immediately. So you get the stylus for free if you don't want the games. Just use the $5 gift card for something else.[/quote]

When people are saying they got there game they mean lost in blue right? If you guys are getting Pokemon early please do tell how lol

[quote name='abhinav']When people are saying they got there game they mean lost in blue right? If you guys are getting Pokemon early please do tell how lol[/QUOTE]

Yup, it's lost in blue, not Pokemon

Just pre-order Pokemon Pearl and you can summon Dialga from the future w/ your game. He can warp time, y'know. :cool:

And, yeah, I know, I probably got the games / legendaries / powers mixed up, too lazy to look it up.

[quote name='abhinav']When people are saying they got there game they mean lost in blue right? If you guys are getting Pokemon early please do tell how lol[/quote]

If anyone got a second LiB stylus, I would like to trade for/buy one. Please cml or let me know how much you would like for it.

Yeah, its normal for 3rd party games to be sealed differently, even some Nintendo games like Wario Ware touched had that cheap looking shrinkwrap on it. If it was re-shrinked it would look more like the shrinkwrap was loose and it would look poorly done, I think you would be able to tell.

[quote name='ryanlk']i pre-ordered the game in-store and they did not get the stylus (they had the game though)... called another store and they also did not get the styluses (stylii?) but had the game... has anyone else experienced this?[/quote]

It's weird... My store had several pre-orders on the game, but didn't get the stylli until Thursday. I called another store, they had 0 preorders, and had the styluses (WHAT is the plural?) last Friday.

The third party factory shinkwrap would not wrinkle the transparent plastic on the game case. Re-shrinkwarp would do that since it's poorly done by cheap tools.

picked up the game (the store never got the stylus in, but whatever) and noticed that it is shrinkwrapped... however, if you go to bestbuy (or other stores) and look at their copies, they are actually wrapped normally (with the diagonal fold overs on the top and bottom)...

this makes me wonder if eb/gs has been opening the games, fondling the manuals, then re-sealing it with shrinkwrap... hrmmm...

[quote name='ryanlk']picked up the game (the store never got the stylus in, but whatever) and noticed that it is shrinkwrapped... however, if you go to bestbuy (or other stores) and look at their copies, they are actually wrapped normally (with the diagonal fold overs on the top and bottom)...

this makes me wonder if eb/gs has been opening the games, fondling the manuals, then re-sealing it with shrinkwrap... hrmmm...[/quote]
:lol: You better get a Lysol spray ready :lol:

I picked up the game and stylus. Which brings up an interesting question - what do I do with the (still shrinkwrapped) game? The stylus is the only reason I got it .

bread's done
Back