Preorder - The Sky: The Art of Final Fantasy Boxed Set [Slipcase] - $59.20

barrit

CAGiversary!
New Slipcase Version (thanks for the heads up themaster20000, and suko_32 for the link!)

Previously available only as a part of the now sold-out The Sky: The Art of Final Fantasy Boxed Set, Dark Horse is pleased to offer fans another chance to own the three-book hardcover set The Sky I, II, and III, included in the new The Sky: The Art of Final Fantasy Slipcased Edition! Yoshitaka Amano is one of the world's foremost fantasy artists, and The Sky I, II, and III showcase Amano's ethereal illustrations for the first ten Final Fantasy games! Each hardcover book in The Sky Slipcased Edition is 11 5/8" high by 10 5/8" wide, and printed on glossy stock. Volume 1 (144 pages) contains Amano's work for Final Fantasy I-III. Volume 2 (276 pages) contains his contributions for Final Fantasy IV-VI, and volume 3 (156 pages) features his art for Final Fantasy VII-X. The elegant slipcase containing The Sky I, II, and III features the same wraparound exterior artwork as The Sky Boxed Set, with a double-hinged flap that folds around the open edge and is held flat to the back side with a hidden magnetic closure, making it easy both to remove the books and to display the set closed. Don't miss your chance to return to the strange and beautiful realms of Yoshitaka Amano with The Sky: The Art of Final Fantasy Slipcased Edition!
To summarize, this is the re-release of ONLY Volume 1-3 art books in a slipcase. It does not contain any of the additional books/items of the Original release listed below.

Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1616551607/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20 - $59.20

Rightstuf
http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/gIUO0rohq5OitYqzzq/browse/item/97427/4/0/0,a=cheap-ass-gamer - $67.49

51Ylb4Rez1L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Original OOS Version with additional books, and signed 5 3/4" by 8 1/4" card by Yoshitaka Amano

Amazon US - $88.19 - OOS

Rightstuf - $104.99 + free shipping - OOS

The Book Depository - $104.99 + free shipping - OOS

Amazon UK - NOW £89.25 + Shipping (previously was £68.25 + Shipping.)

Thanks themaster20000, Ionotropic, and Youngnoble for the additional links!

Yoshitaka Amano is one of the world's foremost fantasy artists, and the limited-edition The Sky: The Art of Final Fantasy boxed set is a giant-sized (462 cubic inches!), signed collection of five books, plus bonus items that showcase Amano's ethereal illustrations for the first ten Final Fantasy games! The 12" high, 11" wide, and 3 1/2" deep box that encloses The Sky has a hinged lid decorated with artwork from Amano inside and out. Its contents include: Three 11 3/4" by 10 1/2" hardcover books, printed on high-quality stock. Volume 1 (144 pages) contains Amano's work for Final Fantasy I - III. Volume 2 (276 pages) contains his contributions for Final Fantasy IV - VI, and Volume 3 (156 pages) features his art for Final Fantasy VII - X. All About Yoshitaka Amano is 128 pages of photographs and images, serving as the most extensive look ever in English at the artist, including an interview with Amano, a timeline of his career, a glimpse into his studio in SoHo and his favorite places in New York, a visual index of each illustration that appears in the three The Sky hardcover art books, and more! A 2 1/4" by 4 3/4" 100 page Final Fantasy animation flip book designed by Amano, containing two different "movies." A 10 1/4" by 11" acetate print with silver ink. Two 5 3/4" by 8 1/4" postcards featuring the interior and exterior art used on the box. And finally, a signed 5 3/4" by 8 1/4" card by Yoshitaka Amano!
DH14856lg.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I was thinking about canceling my order for a while but am glad I kept it. It'll probably get reprinted though...

[quote name='Zaku77']Isn't that fee like $2? Is it even worth trying to get that back?[/QUOTE]

It's a percentage of your purchase. For Chase, it's 2%. But the fee is reversed if your original purchase is refunded for anything (or partially reverse for partial refunds).

[quote name='Vinny']Wow, I was thinking about canceling my order for a while but am glad I kept it. It'll probably get reprinted though...

It's a percentage of your purchase. For Chase, it's 2%. But the fee is reversed if your original purchase is refunded for anything (or partially reverse for partial refunds).[/QUOTE]

i hope so the only 2 listed on amazon are retarded flippers trying to get 250 for it

[quote name='botticus']$3? Maybe, maybe not. Another $3 on the refund transaction (not sure if that will be the case or not)? I think so. I wouldn't be spending the rest of my week on the task, but I'll certainly be firing off an unpleasant email that they can respond to or ignore. It's all relative, but I don't generally relish the idea of just throwing money away, period.

Aside from the fact that any business generally wants to avoid refunds (they're already eating $3 on the transaction), this is why you don't generally charge a customer before you have the item.

They actually wrote me an email that said to check back because they were working to get the item. Yeah, I will definitely pay yet another fee to maybe buy it.[/QUOTE]

Some people just like to let businesses walk all over them. Who needs laws, anyway?

The postcards in the one I got from Amazon each had a pretty bad crease in one of the corners, Amazon offered me a 20 percent refund since they can't replace it. It really is a fantastic set for the price otherwise. Wonder if I should contact Dark Horse to see if they can replace the postcards...

[quote name='62t']so amazon uk is the only place that still has it?[/QUOTE]

It seems like very few retailers carried it in the first place... shipping is going to be killer from the UK.

I've been waiting a looonnnggg time to see this set released. I preordered it at Barnes and Noble way back when it was first announced (I had a coupon that made the price lower than Amazon's preorder price by a good chunk). When the released date first got pushed back, I started to worry. By the third delay about 8 months later, I contacted Dark Horse trying to get information on when it would be released. I waited about a week. Nobody answered. I tried contacting them again a few weeks later, still no answer. I managed to figure out the email of the president of Dark Horse and emailed him. He got back to me within 5 minutes, apologizing that nobody had returned my emails, then told me the set was going to be resolicited. I was happy.

Flash forward to July 20th, 2012. Called B&N to see if my existing pre-order would stand. It would not since the UPC changed. They put me in touch with someone in Distribution who placed an order for me directly with Dark Horse.

Flash forward to yesterday, I called B&N to make sure that I would be getting this set. I was told that there is no way I would have been connected to someone in their distribution center. They told me I had to call my local store. My local store couldn't locate anything with the Purchase Order # I had been given by the B&N distribution center, so they placed a new order to replace the order I placed back in April 2011.

I just got an email stating that my new order was canceled.

fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck

I just placed an order with Amazon.co.uk. Hopefully I can get a set.

[quote name='Vinny']It seems like very few retailers carried it in the first place... shipping is going to be killer from the UK.[/QUOTE]
I think it converted to around $132 shipped (plus a couple bucks in foreign transaction fees!) when I was looking at it.

Sorry to hear about your troubles, sephiroth. I can say you were probably the only source of information I found while googling around the last couple days.

I ended up finding a copy at a local comic shop. Called around after hearing my preorder was cancelled. Even got 20% off MSRB too, so it was about the same as Book Depository.

[quote name='ponn01']These are shipping? Mine at Amazon is just sitting there, still says oct 30th.[/QUOTE]

Mine says Nov 1 (with Prime 2-Day). Knowing my luck, it'll get cancelled.

[quote name='ponn01']These are shipping? Mine at Amazon is just sitting there, still says oct 30th.[/QUOTE]

Same here

Placed my order with B&N on Aug 28. Currently showing hasn't shipped yet with Oct 30 as an estimate.

Came out to Order Total
Subtotal: $82.34
Sales Tax: $6.38
Order Total $88.72

On one hand I hope it doesn't get cancelled since it's such a beautiful set but on the other I have AC3 and a bunch of other games coming out real soon so I'm hoping that it does. Regardless which way this ends I'll definitely be ecstatic/regretful at the same time. Very conflicted.

[quote name='Gosha']Heads up too, the signed card you get is an actual signature as well. It isn't just printed on, so thats pretty cool.

The one I got was signed in red colored pencil, while others I saw in unboxings on youtube were done in black marker...

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/389419_591977790424_1871124752_n.jpg[/QUOTE]

No shit? That's fucking bad ass... if that's the case, then there probably aren't that many to go around. Man, I hope I get one but that Nov 1 delivery date is making me worry.:whistle2:(

This is to the people who ordered at The Book Depository-- have they given you a refund yet, or are they holding out? Taking way too long to be refunded.

Saw this thread go up and ordered on August 21st from Amazon. Shipping date is November 1st. It had damn well better not be canceled.

[quote name='Verelios']This is to the people who ordered at The Book Depository-- have they given you a refund yet, or are they holding out? Taking way too long to be refunded.[/QUOTE]

I was refunded the morning after I pre-ordered.

[quote name='Strell']Saw this thread go up and ordered on August 21st from Amazon. Shipping date is November 1st. It had damn well better not be canceled.[/QUOTE]

Off topic, but where is your avatar from?

[quote name='Verelios']This is to the people who ordered at The Book Depository-- have they given you a refund yet, or are they holding out? Taking way too long to be refunded.[/QUOTE]

I got a refund right away via paypal. Thats how I paid at least. Not sure about credit card reimbursement.

Refunds usually take a few days to show up in your credit card activity if that's how you paid. If I don't see anything by Monday I'll be contacting them, but too early to be concerned yet.

My (sadly full price) order from mycomicshop.com has shipped; if I ordered stuff from comic shops very often, I'd probably check them out again in the future, as long as everything makes it to me in good shape.

Still waiting (and hoping) on Barnes & Noble to come through. I emailed them about the stock, but to no surprise whatever help desk that ends up at only gave me the "this item releases Oct 30th" email. My hopes grow dim....

fuck it. I just bought a copy on ebay from somebody who has it in hand.

IF Barnes and Noble does ship my copy by some miracle, then I will sell it for the price I bought it at to someone who was not able to get it. Dark Horse REALLY screwed the pouch on this by not informing retailers or customers about how limited this set was actually going to be.

Let's hope the Hyrule Historia isn't limited either.

[quote name='DanteWarrior']Who said B&N is not getting this. I think they took just enough pre-orders to fulfill
I am still positive[/QUOTE]

I've been back and forth with Dark Horse and Barnes and Noble since this set was announced. I called B&N again today to try and straighten out what was going on with my preorder. Apparently, they are getting 120 copies. Take it with a huge grain of salt though because they weren't aware that it was limited to 1000 copies.

So good luck to everyone.

[quote name='sephiroth61787']fuck it. I just bought a copy on ebay from somebody who has it in hand.

IF Barnes and Noble does ship my copy by some miracle, then I will sell it for the price I bought it at to someone who was not able to get it. Dark Horse REALLY screwed the pouch on this by not informing retailers or customers about how limited this set was actually going to be.

Let's hope the Hyrule Historia isn't limited either.[/QUOTE]

Last I saw they said it was limited to 1000 copies so I don't see what the problem is. Now if you missed the pre-order than dont blame Dark Horse. I hope the Hyrule Historia IS limited but we all know it won't be like The Sky.

Edit: I saw you tried B&N but they screwed you. Next time try to pre-order at a more reliable site. If they were the only ones left at the time then I see the big mix up.

[quote name='Bumslie']Last I saw they said it was limited to 1000 copies so I don't see what the problem is. Now if you missed the pre-order than dont blame Dark Horse. I hope the Hyrule Historia IS limited but we all know it won't be like The Sky.

Edit: I saw you tried B&N but they screwed you. Next time try to pre-order at a more reliable site. If they were the only ones left at the time then I see the big mix up.[/QUOTE]
Eh, Dark Horse seems to be due plenty of blame. When they resolicited, it was effectively a new product, so any preorders prior to that point may or may not have been valid.

[quote name='Bumslie']Last I saw they said it was limited to 1000 copies so I don't see what the problem is. Now if you missed the pre-order than dont blame Dark Horse. I hope the Hyrule Historia IS limited but we all know it won't be like The Sky.[/QUOTE]

I didn't miss the preorder. I've had it preordered since April of 2011.

Also, it was never announced that it was going to be limited to 1000 sets until this month. The re-solicitation of the set back from August 2012 can be seen here:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=38588

Mine does say shipped now. I know some people had theirs shipped last Friday from Amazon. Mine had an estimate of November 1st up til early this morning so there is still hope.

I went and put an order in with Amazon UK, but I'm not getting my hopes up. It'll probably be cancelled for lack of stock.

after scowering a few of the target stores in my area, I finally found one that had a few pre-order tags left for the premium system.

it seems odd that the ticket claims it's a $5 deposit, yet only ran up for a $1 or that none of the employees in the stores that I visited had any knowledge that they were even offering pre-orders

[quote name='j.m.ratkos']after scowering a few of the target stores in my area, I finally found one that had a few pre-order tags left for the premium system.

it seems odd that the ticket claims it's a $5 deposit, yet only ran up for a $1 or that none of the employees in the stores that I visited had any knowledge that they were even offering pre-orders[/QUOTE]

Think you are posting in the wrong thread. This is for the Sky: Art of Final Fantasy boxed set, not the Wii U.

Speaking of Sky, I had my pre-order arrival date through Amazon moved to Oct. 31. Hopefully it ships tomorrow or next week but I am kind of nervous about it now since the set is so limited

yeah, I had 2 windows opened and posted a reply in the wrong one. still waiting to see if amazon gets any more of the boxed sets in though :)

not quite sure why cag doesn't allow you to delete your own posts. all the what looks like a 'delete button' does is send a flag to the moderators so that they can delete it

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Wompdevil']Think you are posting in the wrong thread. This is for the Sky: Art of Final Fantasy boxed set, not the Wii U.

Speaking of Sky, I had my pre-order arrival date through Amazon moved to Oct. 31. Hopefully it ships tomorrow or next week but I am kind of nervous about it now since the set is so limited[/QUOTE]

Mine still says Nov 1. Man, now I'm really worried that I won't get it..:whistle2:(

[quote name='Vinny']Mine still says Nov 1. Man, now I'm really worried that I won't get it..:whistle2:([/QUOTE]

2 days after release doesnt sound too bad. :)

mine say nov 5 :lol:

[quote name='Gosha']Id still suggest calling local comic shops about this if you are worried about your order cancelled.[/QUOTE]

Wondering if I should do this. There's plenty of comic shops around here.

I ordered mine in the middle July off Amazon and it is (slowly) being delivered to me. I guess I was one of the last people to order it, since orders cut off shortly after. Glad I got it though. Had it sitting in my cart for a while, and decided that I should get it now at $88, not wanting to pay after Amazon's price for it would most likely go up closer to release. Had no idea it would be limited to 1,000 copies though!

Here is what Barnes & Noble told me about my order

"After checking our inventory, we have confirmed the availability of your
items. Your order is still scheduled to ship on 10/30/2012 which is the
preorder/publication date provided by the publisher"

Mine is being shipped already from Amazon.

I hope you guys know there were only 1000 of these made, in case anyone overlooked that.

No choice for me but to buy it full priced from local anime store which happens to have a copy.I should've of bought it cheaper when I had the chance.

bread's done
Back