Preorder - The Sky: The Art of Final Fantasy Boxed Set [Slipcase] - $59.20

barrit

CAGiversary!
New Slipcase Version (thanks for the heads up themaster20000, and suko_32 for the link!)

Previously available only as a part of the now sold-out The Sky: The Art of Final Fantasy Boxed Set, Dark Horse is pleased to offer fans another chance to own the three-book hardcover set The Sky I, II, and III, included in the new The Sky: The Art of Final Fantasy Slipcased Edition! Yoshitaka Amano is one of the world's foremost fantasy artists, and The Sky I, II, and III showcase Amano's ethereal illustrations for the first ten Final Fantasy games! Each hardcover book in The Sky Slipcased Edition is 11 5/8" high by 10 5/8" wide, and printed on glossy stock. Volume 1 (144 pages) contains Amano's work for Final Fantasy I-III. Volume 2 (276 pages) contains his contributions for Final Fantasy IV-VI, and volume 3 (156 pages) features his art for Final Fantasy VII-X. The elegant slipcase containing The Sky I, II, and III features the same wraparound exterior artwork as The Sky Boxed Set, with a double-hinged flap that folds around the open edge and is held flat to the back side with a hidden magnetic closure, making it easy both to remove the books and to display the set closed. Don't miss your chance to return to the strange and beautiful realms of Yoshitaka Amano with The Sky: The Art of Final Fantasy Slipcased Edition!
To summarize, this is the re-release of ONLY Volume 1-3 art books in a slipcase. It does not contain any of the additional books/items of the Original release listed below.

Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1616551607/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20 - $59.20

Rightstuf
http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/gIUO0rohq5OitYqzzq/browse/item/97427/4/0/0,a=cheap-ass-gamer - $67.49

51Ylb4Rez1L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Original OOS Version with additional books, and signed 5 3/4" by 8 1/4" card by Yoshitaka Amano

Amazon US - $88.19 - OOS

Rightstuf - $104.99 + free shipping - OOS

The Book Depository - $104.99 + free shipping - OOS

Amazon UK - NOW £89.25 + Shipping (previously was £68.25 + Shipping.)

Thanks themaster20000, Ionotropic, and Youngnoble for the additional links!

Yoshitaka Amano is one of the world's foremost fantasy artists, and the limited-edition The Sky: The Art of Final Fantasy boxed set is a giant-sized (462 cubic inches!), signed collection of five books, plus bonus items that showcase Amano's ethereal illustrations for the first ten Final Fantasy games! The 12" high, 11" wide, and 3 1/2" deep box that encloses The Sky has a hinged lid decorated with artwork from Amano inside and out. Its contents include: Three 11 3/4" by 10 1/2" hardcover books, printed on high-quality stock. Volume 1 (144 pages) contains Amano's work for Final Fantasy I - III. Volume 2 (276 pages) contains his contributions for Final Fantasy IV - VI, and Volume 3 (156 pages) features his art for Final Fantasy VII - X. All About Yoshitaka Amano is 128 pages of photographs and images, serving as the most extensive look ever in English at the artist, including an interview with Amano, a timeline of his career, a glimpse into his studio in SoHo and his favorite places in New York, a visual index of each illustration that appears in the three The Sky hardcover art books, and more! A 2 1/4" by 4 3/4" 100 page Final Fantasy animation flip book designed by Amano, containing two different "movies." A 10 1/4" by 11" acetate print with silver ink. Two 5 3/4" by 8 1/4" postcards featuring the interior and exterior art used on the box. And finally, a signed 5 3/4" by 8 1/4" card by Yoshitaka Amano!
DH14856lg.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like my pre-order finally hit the Shipping Soon phase on Amazon. I was getting freaked out for a bit. Hopefully everyone waiting on theirs or trying to get it from the UK manage to with no problems

OK, so I went ahead and ordered it on Amazon UK. The price keeps rising on ebay - first it was $150, then $169 and now it's either $200 or $265. And it feels like it's going to keep on rising.

Got mine yesterday from amazon. Wish I had ordered two for that price (got it for 83 with a gold box deal). Now I can't stand to open it knowing its so rare.

My Amazon preorder still says Nov. 1 not yet shipped. Preordered aug. 21st. I'm probably SOL. Maybe Amazon will give me an incovenience fee credit or something but holy hell these are already listed from third party sellers for almost $300.

A bit late to the party I guess, but I remember seeing this a while back and now I'm feeling like picking this up. Anyone try their local comic shop yet? I do have some credit on my Amazon account, not sure if it will work with UK though =T

i got mine from amazon (Prime Member) about 3 days ago. I was so happy to open the box and BAM dented from the shipping process. oh well... still was able to get one.

[quote name='Link927']A bit late to the party I guess, but I remember seeing this a while back and now I'm feeling like picking this up. Anyone try their local comic shop yet? I do have some credit on my Amazon account, not sure if it will work with UK though =T[/QUOTE]

I missed this too. Checking with a comic shop is a good idea. My local shop usually gives 25% off trades/artbooks so it would bring the price down to $101 + tax. Probably gonna stop by during my break.

[quote name='Wompdevil']Looks like my pre-order finally hit the Shipping Soon phase on Amazon. I was getting freaked out for a bit. Hopefully everyone waiting on theirs or trying to get it from the UK manage to with no problems[/QUOTE]
In the same boat: Shipping Soon from Amazon. Had preordered in July (for $95.47-- still a good discount), but under my previous credit card, so there were payment problems at first. Have been worried about whether I would get it since then.

Well, I won't be truly relieved until it's in my hands (especially since I've been having so-so luck with limited/exclusive editions all year). Already have a handful of Amano books, most of them with Final Fantasy works in them, but still looking forward to this monstrosity :D

Good luck to everyone else :)

[quote name='blueshinra']In the same boat: Shipping Soon from Amazon. Had preordered in July (for $95.47-- still a good discount), but under my previous credit card, so there were payment problems at first. Have been worried about whether I would get it since then.

Well, I won't be truly relieved until it's in my hands (especially since I've been having so-so luck with limited/exclusive editions all year). Already have a handful of Amano books, most of them with Final Fantasy works in them, but still looking forward to this monstrosity :D

Good luck to everyone else :)[/QUOTE]

I posted this thread in August, so under their lowest price guarantee they should adjust you to the lower price $88.19.

Well whaddya know, just got a shipping notice! :whee:

And I was charged the lower price in the end, yeah. I don't remember getting any price adjustment notification emails for this, though.

[quote name='sp1cychick3n']OK, so I went ahead and ordered it on Amazon UK. The price keeps rising on ebay - first it was $150, then $169 and now it's either $200 or $265. And it feels like it's going to keep on rising.[/QUOTE]

I'll be tempted to sell mine if it starts going for crazy amounts

[quote name='punkrok0007']i got mine from amazon (Prime Member) about 3 days ago. I was so happy to open the box and BAM dented from the shipping process. oh well... still was able to get one.[/QUOTE]

If you complain they will give you a $15 credit. Someone else had the same issue. A local comic store had it and sold it before I could get my hands on it today.

[quote name='blueshinra']Well whaddya know, just got a shipping notice! :whee:

And I was charged the lower price in the end, yeah. I don't remember getting any price adjustment notification emails for this, though.[/QUOTE]

What was your order date?

[quote name='Blacklarryxd']All these books for that price? Man this is heaven on earth.
sig.jpg
[/QUOTE]

If you can get it. Can't bare to open mine now knowing they're so rare.

[quote name='starscream615']If you can get it. Can't bare to open mine now knowing they're so rare.[/QUOTE]

im opening mine. scre it. these books are meant to be enjoyed:)

I hope I get one. I noticed my original shipping estimate was Nov. 1st,but it was changed to Oct 31st.. Has this happened to anyone else?

[quote name='billymagnum']im opening mine. scre it. these books are meant to be enjoyed:)[/QUOTE]

Maybe someone will be nice enough to scan it or something.

Just a note to the Canadians out there,

my amazon.ca order shipped yetserday. I also had my order canceled numerous times and this latest re-order was place Aug. 16th. If you're still waiting in order limbo be patient you still have a good chance it will be filled.

Mine shipped from Amazon this afternoon (orig. shipping date of Nov. 1). Really looking forward to getting it. Came really close to buying the Japanese version a couple of times. Never thought it'd come out here.

For people having a difficult time finding reasonably priced copies online (and to avoid shipping costs), check your local comic book shops!

I'm a comics reader myself and when I stopped into my shop to pick up my pull, they had an extra copy sitting behind the counter. With my store's discount, I picked it up for about $106 after tax.

Ok, im going to be a bit peeved if they cancel my order now. They have some of these up in warehouse deals for $175. Still havent shipped mine yet. Even if box has mark or cut you should offer it to those waiting at a discount.

[quote name='ponn01']Ok, im going to be a bit peeved if they cancel my order now. They have some of these up in warehouse deals for $175. Still havent shipped mine yet. Even if box has mark or cut you should offer it to those waiting at a discount.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty disappointed at Amazon doing this scalping practice as well. They offered it for 90 ish new but damaged copies are now offered for almost double that price? It doesn't look good on them to do this. It's way over the MSRP.

[quote name='psihog']my UK amazon pre-order is about $125 shipped. should I keep it? is it same as US version?[/QUOTE]

Yes its the same version, even shares the same upc number. That's probably the lowest price you'll ever be able to get it for new.

[quote name='matt13']Mine shipped from Amazon this afternoon (orig. shipping date of Nov. 1). Really looking forward to getting it. Came really close to buying the Japanese version a couple of times. Never thought it'd come out here.[/QUOTE]

Mine is still set as Nov 1 and marked as "not yet shipped" but seeing that you originally had Nov 1 ship date makes me think I should still get it. But I placed much order much later than most people here... I didn't place mine until August 18th.

*fingers crossed*

Looks like I'm out of luck. It's Oct 30 and in order to be delivered on Nov 1, they would have to ship today and it's still "not yet shipped" on my order page.

I just got mine. Compared to all my other Amano books, it's huge! -
1mjw.jpg

A couple of the corners are dented on the other side of the "spine", but not badly. Now to find the time to crack it open :D Also gotta find shelf space for it...

[quote name='Vinny']Looks like I'm out of luck. It's Oct 30 and in order to be delivered on Nov 1, they would have to ship today and it's still "not yet shipped" on my order page.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I'm quite disappointed, I was really looking forward to this.

[quote name='proKoyeon']man im really sad, i wanted to order this but completely forgot about it...props to the ones who got it, looks great![/QUOTE]

Again, if you have any local comic shops,around you contact them to see if they got any.

This is a pretty amazing set, and I haven't even looked at the art books themselves. Given how much is there, and the fact that only 1000 were produced (or at least, with a signed certificate) I'm less bothered about paying $140 for it. Lone Star Comics (mycomicshop.com) has fantastic shipping as well.

20121029_202124.jpg

20121029_202413.jpg

[quote name='ponn01']HAHA! $999 !! Now this is coming out values like that won't hold. If the seller is looking for that amount he will have to wait for NA version to go out of print for awhile now.[/QUOTE]
He only had to wait a week. Ya snooze, ya lose.

had to approve my delay from amazon. didnt know you had to do that on some delays...if you dont it could be automatically cancelled. that would have sucked hard. estimate dec-jan:roll:

better than nothing

bread's done
Back