Preorder - The Sky: The Art of Final Fantasy Boxed Set [Slipcase] - $59.20

barrit

CAGiversary!
New Slipcase Version (thanks for the heads up themaster20000, and suko_32 for the link!)

Previously available only as a part of the now sold-out The Sky: The Art of Final Fantasy Boxed Set, Dark Horse is pleased to offer fans another chance to own the three-book hardcover set The Sky I, II, and III, included in the new The Sky: The Art of Final Fantasy Slipcased Edition! Yoshitaka Amano is one of the world's foremost fantasy artists, and The Sky I, II, and III showcase Amano's ethereal illustrations for the first ten Final Fantasy games! Each hardcover book in The Sky Slipcased Edition is 11 5/8" high by 10 5/8" wide, and printed on glossy stock. Volume 1 (144 pages) contains Amano's work for Final Fantasy I-III. Volume 2 (276 pages) contains his contributions for Final Fantasy IV-VI, and volume 3 (156 pages) features his art for Final Fantasy VII-X. The elegant slipcase containing The Sky I, II, and III features the same wraparound exterior artwork as The Sky Boxed Set, with a double-hinged flap that folds around the open edge and is held flat to the back side with a hidden magnetic closure, making it easy both to remove the books and to display the set closed. Don't miss your chance to return to the strange and beautiful realms of Yoshitaka Amano with The Sky: The Art of Final Fantasy Slipcased Edition!
To summarize, this is the re-release of ONLY Volume 1-3 art books in a slipcase. It does not contain any of the additional books/items of the Original release listed below.

Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1616551607/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20 - $59.20

Rightstuf
http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/gIUO0rohq5OitYqzzq/browse/item/97427/4/0/0,a=cheap-ass-gamer - $67.49

51Ylb4Rez1L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Original OOS Version with additional books, and signed 5 3/4" by 8 1/4" card by Yoshitaka Amano

Amazon US - $88.19 - OOS

Rightstuf - $104.99 + free shipping - OOS

The Book Depository - $104.99 + free shipping - OOS

Amazon UK - NOW £89.25 + Shipping (previously was £68.25 + Shipping.)

Thanks themaster20000, Ionotropic, and Youngnoble for the additional links!

Yoshitaka Amano is one of the world's foremost fantasy artists, and the limited-edition The Sky: The Art of Final Fantasy boxed set is a giant-sized (462 cubic inches!), signed collection of five books, plus bonus items that showcase Amano's ethereal illustrations for the first ten Final Fantasy games! The 12" high, 11" wide, and 3 1/2" deep box that encloses The Sky has a hinged lid decorated with artwork from Amano inside and out. Its contents include: Three 11 3/4" by 10 1/2" hardcover books, printed on high-quality stock. Volume 1 (144 pages) contains Amano's work for Final Fantasy I - III. Volume 2 (276 pages) contains his contributions for Final Fantasy IV - VI, and Volume 3 (156 pages) features his art for Final Fantasy VII - X. All About Yoshitaka Amano is 128 pages of photographs and images, serving as the most extensive look ever in English at the artist, including an interview with Amano, a timeline of his career, a glimpse into his studio in SoHo and his favorite places in New York, a visual index of each illustration that appears in the three The Sky hardcover art books, and more! A 2 1/4" by 4 3/4" 100 page Final Fantasy animation flip book designed by Amano, containing two different "movies." A 10 1/4" by 11" acetate print with silver ink. Two 5 3/4" by 8 1/4" postcards featuring the interior and exterior art used on the box. And finally, a signed 5 3/4" by 8 1/4" card by Yoshitaka Amano!
DH14856lg.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What's this about having to pay shipping even with prime?  I got both of my copies in yesterday in one big box, excellent shape on both, and free shipping.

Got mine the other day and now I want some prints to frame.  It's amazing how you can look at the character art and instantly know who it is from the games, without seeing the name on the page.  Love this thing.

Mine arrived today, my first initial thoughts were "HOLY CRAP!! THIS IS EFFING HEAVY!!" then followed by glee and joy that it finally came. It's pretty cool and totally worth the $5x.xx.

I accidentally ordered 2 from Amazon. If anyone local to Seattle/Tacoma/Puyallup area wants to meet up I'll sell my extra copy for $55.

bread's done
Back