Pricegrabber $5 rebate on a large list of games w/ review (Updated added PSP Games)

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW, sixty. I looked through my online receipts and only found 12.

I guess you really saved your receipts. If I had done that I'd have 50+ too. Too bad Pre-played games don't count either.

I just sent multiple copies of the receipts and highlighted each individual game.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']WOW, sixty. I looked through my online receipts and only found 12.

I guess you really saved your receipts. If I had done that I'd have 50+ too. Too bad Pre-played games don't count either.

I just sent multiple copies of the receipts and highlighted each individual game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it was kinda funny because I had this drawer that was completely full of receipts from like the last 3-4 years (all game related stuff.) I put that shit to work.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Printed invoices are fine. Thats what I sent.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, that I got a few more rebate i can send in now.

Please nobody beat me with a stick, but I just wanted to make sure I was reading this right -- I can send a COPY of my receipt, right?

[quote name='hwong3']Please nobody beat me with a stick, but I just wanted to make sure I was reading this right -- I can send a COPY of my receipt, right?[/QUOTE]

It said "Copy of the original receipt/invoice statement for the above product"

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']WOW, sixty. I looked through my online receipts and only found 12.

I just sent multiple copies of the receipts and highlighted each individual game.[/QUOTE]

I don't see it saying pre-played doesn't count anywhere. If I'm wrong, please correct me before I write another.

"Only UPC codes from the retail box will be accepted. Refurbished, open-box, white-box, OEM, and generic items are excluded from this offer."

I think that includes pre-owned

preplayed does count - so yes to anythign po from ebgames, gamestop ebay etc
and a copy is acceptable, every time, even though a few might say original upc needed

I think preplayed is considered opened box. :) But if they allow it That's great. I might submit one and see what happens. If it goes thropiught then I'll submit more.

[quote name='whitereflection']Like, a lot of sites won't allow you to post your reviews elsewhere. So if I'm allowed to do whatever I want with them, then I retain ownership. Is it like that?[/QUOTE]

Here's something it says in the rebate part about this.

9. All materials provided to PriceGrabber shall become the property of PriceGrabber.

Does anyone know if scanned images of the box w/UPC and scanned receipts are accepted by Pricegrabber? Or do you have to send it through a Xerox machine?

TY

[quote name='darkshadows6000']Does anyone know if scanned images of the box w/UPC and scanned receipts are accepted by Pricegrabber? Or do you have to send it through a Xerox machine?

TY[/QUOTE]

I scanned all my UPCs and some of the receipts and everything worked fine. Scan away.

[quote name='Chacrana']I scanned all my UPCs and some of the receipts and everything worked fine. Scan away.[/QUOTE]

Cool. I've about 30 games that I found the receipts. It's kind of a bummer though that I found my Conkers Bad Fur Day (N64) receipt but threw away the box with the UPC many moons ago. Thanks.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Just print the invoice on the website.[/QUOTE]
the invoice of the purchase that you get after you enter your credit card number,

has anyone tried buying NFL 2k3 and sending in a rebate? It is only 1.99 new at Ebgames.com and they give you a 5 dollar rebate, so in turn they pay you 3 dollars to take it.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']WOOHOO!

Got my first batch of fourteen Pricegrabber Rebates for a total of seventy dollars!

Took less than a month. Thanks Zoglog![/QUOTE]

cool glad to see people are getting thier rebates :D

the $5 rebate works regardless of purchase price, even in cases where the purchase price was below $5. Pricegrabber is buying your review (and hopefully whatever gains from using their price engine), it is immaterial what price is on your invoice/receipt.

[quote name='mcgavin27']so it is the invoice you get from the website, not the invoice you get with the game when it arrives in the mail.[/QUOTE]

Either one -- it doesn't matter. All they want is for you to have a UPC and some sort of proof that you bought the item.

you can use either one, or if worried send both. Sometimes the invoice arriving in the box has little to no information so it might be better to use the printout from the website.

So let me get this straight, you can buy the game anywhere and as long as you still have the receipt and original UPC, you can submit a review for the $5? Orders from ebgames can be used right, they don't have to be purchased through Pricegrabber? If so, this is great.

[quote name='lionheart4life']So let me get this straight, you can buy the game anywhere and as long as you still have the receipt and original UPC, you can submit a review for the $5? Orders from ebgames can be used right, they don't have to be purchased through Pricegrabber? If so, this is great.[/QUOTE]

To answer your questions, yes, and yes.

[quote name='lionheart4life']So let me get this straight, you can buy the game anywhere and as long as you still have the receipt and original UPC, you can submit a review for the $5? Orders from ebgames can be used right, they don't have to be purchased through Pricegrabber? If so, this is great.[/QUOTE]

Also does the upc have to be the original or can I send a copy? Also is their a limit of days that the item needs to be purchased from?

I just tallied up all the games I own with the rebate offers.

I can get well over $500 if I can find the reciepts but I have a couple of questions.

1. Anyone have any luck with reciepts from Target? Mine doesn't have the name of the game on them, just 'Sony software' or something similar.

2. What do you guys do with the upc for Gameboy games? I have a few used ones but they didn't come with a box so I have no upc, do you think pricegrabber would reject my rebate bid if I sent in a copy from upcdatabase.com? (if they'd even know in the first place).

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']I just tallied up all the games I own with the rebate offers.

I can get well over $500 if I can find the reciepts but I have a couple of questions.

1. Anyone have any luck with reciepts from Target? Mine doesn't have the name of the game on them, just 'Sony software' or something similar.

2. What do you guys do with the upc for Gameboy games? I have a few used ones but they didn't come with a box so I have no upc, do you think pricegrabber would reject my rebate bid if I sent in a copy from upcdatabase.com? (if they'd even know in the first place).[/QUOTE]

Answering your questions:

1) Target receipts do work, just make sure you have the right one for the right purchase. Their "Xbox software" crap item listing tends to have the UPC on there, somewhere, so see if it matches the UPC on the game. If you know it's the right receipt for the game you're sending in, send it in.

2) No UPC, no rebate check. They need the UPC for the rebate submission, and will happily reject you without it. It doesn't have to be the UPC for your game box, just the UPC for the same title as the one you bought. Needs to be a photocopy of the correct UPC, and usually a photocopy of the back of the box works for their needs.

[quote name='ryosnk']Also does the upc have to be the original or can I send a copy? Also is their a limit of days that the item needs to be purchased from?[/QUOTE]

Copies of UPCs work without issue, as long as it's a clear copy and legible.

No limit of days past purchase that I know of, just that the rebate needs to be submitted within 3 months of requesting it, which includes doing the review and having the rebate form postmarked by the expiration date.

[quote name='shrike4242']Copies of UPCs work without issue, as long as it's a clear copy and legible.

No limit of days past purchase that I know of, just that the rebate needs to be submitted within 3 months of requesting it, which includes doing the review and having the rebate form postmarked by the expiration date.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for answering :).

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']I just tallied up all the games I own with the rebate offers.

2. What do you guys do with the upc for Gameboy games? I have a few used ones but they didn't come with a box so I have no upc, do you think pricegrabber would reject my rebate bid if I sent in a copy from upcdatabase.com? (if they'd even know in the first place).[/QUOTE]

1. It doesn't matter -- if it looks legit, it'll work

2. Same thing -- if it looks legit, it'll work.

Also, some of the previous posters -- read through the first page of the thread. Nearly every question has been answered at least 5 times.

Man, I can't believe the brief excuses for reviews that Price Grabber has posted to its site. Is this organization actually paying people $5 each for a short five sentence review? If this is the case, I really could crank out a "Price Grabber-approved" review in under five minutes, and that would include the grammar/spelling check that so many posters think of as optional.

EDIT: "Please write reviews that are at least 30 words or more."

Need I say more?

Thanks for all the info shrike. I think I'll probably write up decent reviews just for the hell of it, and also so they don't think about getting rid of this program any time soon. This sure makes me glad i pack away receipts all the time now.

Can anyone answer this question for me? I'm writing reviews, and then I went back to check if it went through---and I realized the reviews aren't appearing. Should they appear right away? And does it matter if I print the form before or after I write the review?

[quote name='alive741']Can anyone answer this question for me? I'm writing reviews, and then I went back to check if it went through---and I realized the reviews aren't appearing. Should they appear right away? And does it matter if I print the form before or after I write the review?[/QUOTE]

They won't appear right away -- they gotta check em first to make sure you didn't just copy and paste the word "cunt" over and over and over for your review. You can print the form whenever.

[quote name='alive741']Can anyone answer this question for me? I'm writing reviews, and then I went back to check if it went through---and I realized the reviews aren't appearing. Should they appear right away? And does it matter if I print the form before or after I write the review?[/QUOTE]

They go through an approval process to check them for proper content, and when they're OK'd, they get posted. Takes a few weeks, sometimes less.

My recommendation is to print the form, do the review and then toss it into the mail when you're done with the review.

[quote name='MaxBiaggi2']Man, I can't believe the brief excuses for reviews that Price Grabber has posted to its site. Is this organization actually paying people $5 each for a short five sentence review? ...[/QUOTE]

Here's a gem of a quote from an actual PriceGrabber game review:

"Because this is the first X-Box game I've purchased, I may not be the best person to write a review, but I'm writing it to get my $5 rebate."

The full review is actually halfway decent and lengthier than most other game reviews on PriceGrabber, but I found that opening line to be rather amusing. It basically sums up the $5 bonus program. I know I've reviewed a few games on PriceGrabber I wouldn't have (and perhaps shouldn't have) reviewed otherwise. But, hey, it's hard to pass up a quick buck...or five.

A couple more quick questions (sorry to be a pain in the ass)

Will they take EBGames receipts if I print them myself from the internet?

Also what is the easiest/best way to make a copy of the UPC--I have a small copier here, but don't know how I can copy the UPC without cutting it or getting the game around it...Any ideas? =)

damn!! More than half of my games have the 5 dollar rebate but i dont have any of the recipts!!

Do you think I could go to eb or gamestop or something buy the game, scan the recipt then return the game.....would it work?:cool:

And do you think they will accept a recipt if I rented the game?

Thanks

What about receipts from Gamerush? Most of the receipts don't have the scan UPC on there, just the game name. If I send this receipt in with a copy of the UPC, will it work?

Has anybody confirmed if preplayed games also works (i.e. Ebgames, Gamestop, Gamecrazy)?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back