Pricegrabber $5 rebate on a large list of games w/ review (Updated added PSP Games)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweet Lord, I knew there was a reason I have kept every receipt for every current generation game that I have bought. That's about 500 games. Time to see how much I can get in rebates!

Why didn't I read this thread sooner?!

[quote name='shipwreck']Sweet Lord, I knew there was a reason I have kept every receipt for every current generation game that I have bought. That's about 500 games. Time to see how much I can get in rebates!

Why didn't I read this thread sooner?![/QUOTE]

That's what I am saying!!! I was about to throw them all out the day I read this post too! Had to go outside to the garbage and bring the bag back in, LOL!

[quote name='alive741']A couple more quick questions (sorry to be a pain in the ass)

Will they take EBGames receipts if I print them myself from the internet?

Also what is the easiest/best way to make a copy of the UPC--I have a small copier here, but don't know how I can copy the UPC without cutting it or getting the game around it...Any ideas? =)[/QUOTE]

As long as they're online orders from EBGames.com, they should work.

For copying the UPC, I'd recommend being creative.

[quote name='jimbo12457']damn!! More than half of my games have the 5 dollar rebate but i dont have any of the recipts!!

Do you think I could go to eb or gamestop or something buy the game, scan the recipt then return the game.....would it work?:cool:

And do you think they will accept a recipt if I rented the game?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

If it showed you purchased the game, then techically, it should work. They're looking to see that the game was purchased, not when it was purchased.

Rentals aren't purchases, are they?

[quote name='galvatron2k1']What about receipts from Gamerush? Most of the receipts don't have the scan UPC on there, just the game name. If I send this receipt in with a copy of the UPC, will it work?

Has anybody confirmed if preplayed games also works (i.e. Ebgames, Gamestop, Gamecrazy)?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Receipt showing you purchased game X and the UPC to match should work. In that case, I'd recommend doing a photocop of the whole back of the game case.

I'm guessing preplayed is YMMV, since the UPC is the same, though the receipt should show that it's not a new game.

[quote name='shrike4242']Receipt showing you purchased game X and the UPC to match should work. In that case, I'd recommend doing a photocop of the whole back of the game case.

I'm guessing preplayed is YMMV, since the UPC is the same, though the receipt should show that it's not a new game.[/QUOTE]

For preowned games, most of my receipts show PO or PRV before the game, indicating used. Do you think they will work?

I agree, I will copy the entire back of the case. Also, what if you bought the RE 4: Collector's Edition and the Wavebird bundle packs from K-mart. The UPCs are different. Do you think I need to swipe a new one to get the photocopy of the correct UPC?

[quote name='shrike4242']If it showed you purchased the game, then techically, it should work. They're looking to see that the game was purchased, not when it was purchased.

Rentals aren't purchases, are they?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='shipwreck']Sweet Lord, I knew there was a reason I have kept every receipt for every current generation game that I have bought. That's about 500 games. Time to see how much I can get in rebates!

Why didn't I read this thread sooner?![/QUOTE]

I couldn't believe it either when I found out about the rebates a little while before this thread came up. I was like "holy shit, if I get that much cash it'll be awesome" and amazingly, I actually got it.

[quote name='Chacrana']I couldn't believe it either when I found out about the rebates a little while before this thread came up. I was like "holy shit, if I get that much cash it'll be awesome" and amazingly, I actually got it.[/QUOTE]

How much did you get total? How many did you send at a time? How long did it take you to get your rebates?

[quote name='Chacrana']I couldn't believe it either when I found out about the rebates a little while before this thread came up. I was like "holy shit, if I get that much cash it'll be awesome" and amazingly, I actually got it.[/QUOTE]

Here's a more interesting question. What kind of review did you submit? Did you do the full 30 required words, or did you go all out and do 40-50? The reviews I've seen at Price Grabber are a joke compared to the average GameFAQs review. Sad but true.

Can these rebates only be used for games bought through PriceGrabber/Online store on PriceGrabber? Because I have some games I purchased in store.

[quote name='comapro']The reviews are just to get a quick perspective. Not a full in-depth rundown of a product. It's not sad at all.[/QUOTE]

Then they should clearly state "short/brief/quick perspective." I expect more than a mere five sentences in anything I call a "review." Half the "reviews" I saw on Price Grabber were essentially worthless because the opinions given didn't have any details or background material to back them up. Don't tell me that if you were looking to buy a particular product you'd be happy with a quick perspective of 30 words or less to guide you.

[quote name='MaxBiaggi2']Here's a more interesting question. What kind of review did you submit? Did you do the full 30 required words, or did you go all out and do 40-50? The reviews I've seen at Price Grabber are a joke compared to the average GameFAQs review. Sad but true.[/QUOTE]

None were really exceptional or anything. I mean, they were 4-5 lines long, but they all worked. The minimum is 30 so that's truly all you'd need.

Sorry I am a little confused. Do I need to have the original reciept as well as the UPC from the game? Or can I just sent in the UPC and write the review?

Thanks!

[quote name='jkircos']Sorry I am a little confused. Do I need to have the original reciept as well as the UPC from the game? Or can I just sent in the UPC and write the review?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

You need the receipt and the UPC. Copies of both work though.

[quote name='shipwreck']You need the receipt and the UPC. Copies of both work though.[/QUOTE]

Alright, thanks for the quick answer!

[quote name='MaxBiaggi2']Then they should clearly state "short/brief/quick perspective." I expect more than a mere five sentences in anything I call a "review." Half the "reviews" I saw on Price Grabber were essentially worthless because the opinions given didn't have any details or background material to back them up. Don't tell me that if you were looking to buy a particular product you'd be happy with a quick perspective of 30 words or less to guide you.[/QUOTE]

I reviewed a bunch of Nintendo DS games under "hwongnyc" (all the ones that I had and could find recipets for that offered a $5 rebate). I did way more than 30 or even 130 words (and in most cases more than 230 words) per review, but I'm just nutty like that. :)

[quote name='mkelehan']Well, I just shot them a 2-pound package with 70 forms, UPC copies, and receipt copies.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting that. I've been meaning to ask how people are sending in large amounts of rebates.

And I did the copying, writing, and shipping at work, so I actually made money every step of the way.

UPS was about $5, which beats the $26 I'd spend if I did them individually. Plus, I get a tracking number, which is good to have for a $350 package.

Got back my rebates for my games today: (each worth $5)
Onimusha Blade Warriors (Walmart receipt)
Amplitude (Circuit City)
Nightshade (Blockbuster preowned)
Dead or Alive Ultimate (Ebgames.com)
Dynasty Warriors 4 Xtreme Legends (Circuit City)

I got one, and another got denied because it "Didn't have the UPC code" with it, which I figure they lost on their end since I'm positive I included it for both.
Unfortunately, they didn't specify on either the denial or the $5 check which is which, so I don't know what one they're complaining about.

That, and I no longer have the receipts since I sent them in. Might call them up later and see if I can get some more info on it, and if maybe telling them the number on the UPC code over the phone would be enough. Probably just SOL on that $5 though.

These were for Full Spectrum Warrior and the Logitech Precision Xbox controller. I'll be sending a Burnout 3 one later.

I was thinking about sending a review for the Zelda Collectors Edition disc, but I don't remember ever receiving a receipt for that game. It was a free offer from Nintendo. Does anyone know if there was a receipt included or not? I may just try sending it in with a note saying that the receipt wasn't included.

I just jumped on the bandwagon this morning. I mailed in exactly forty rebate forms and copies of the appropriate receipts and UPC symbols. It cost me $6 in postage and $4 in copies, so hopefully I'll at least get back my $10 investment.

Just a heads up guys, It seems they've added rebates for a bunch of newer games for consoles and PCs including Lego Starwars, Starwars episode 3, Empire Earth II, Guildwars, Forza and a whole bunch of others.

Is there a limit to how many $5 Bonuses I get?

I have multiple games on the same receipt... all eligible for that $5 deal.

troy

I'm hoping they let my used games pas through. I sent three for a test case and just mailed two more because the rebates I downloaded were about to expire.

Of the three that I sent earlier they're through processing and in the "Required waiting period." I'll know if they're rejected or not in the "Check Approved" stage I guess.

[quote name='electrictroy']Is there a limit to how many $5 Bonuses I get?

I have multiple games on the same receipt... all eligible for that $5 deal.

troy[/QUOTE]

Just make photocopies of the receipt, that should work fine. Used games will only work if you have a receipt of purchase.

Woohoo! Just got my first 8 rebates! Yippee! I sent my rebates in April 10 and got them yesterday May 23, not bad, about 6 weeks! However, I sent a second batch in two weeks later and haven't heard anything about those yet...

used works, clearance games works, used game of off ebgames.com work, so anything will work as long as you have a receipt and the upc copied.

More Questions:

Let's say I've got 5 games on one receipt. Can I mail in all 5 rebates forms in the same envelope? Many stores don't allow that..... plus it says "one rebate per person"..... so I'm thinking no.

Also, do you HAVE to buy the games through pricegrabber.com? I'm a registered user..... and I wrote the reviews..... is that good enough?

troy

[quote name='electrictroy']More Questions:

Let's say I've got 5 games on one receipt. Can I mail in all 5 rebates forms in the same envelope? Many stores don't allow that..... plus it says "one rebate per person"..... so I'm thinking no.

Also, do you HAVE to buy the games through pricegrabber.com? I'm a registered user..... and I wrote the reviews..... is that good enough?

troy[/QUOTE]

You have to make copies of the receipt, and staple them together as form-UPC-receipt sets, but yes, you can have multiple sets in one package. That's how many of us did it. I put 70 in one envelope.

You don't have to buy them through Pricegrabber.

[quote name='Zoglog']Just out of curiosity, do you guys buy any games through pricegrabber? lol[/QUOTE]

Yes. It's called a "click-through". I just did it last night.

troy

[quote name='mkelehan'] you can have multiple sets in one package. That's how many of us did it. I put 70 in one envelope.[/QUOTE]
And they mailed you $350?

Really?

Sorry I'm just skeptical. I don't want to mail in 10 at a time, and then get rejected. That would suck.

I don't understand why pricegrabber is doing this? Why would they want to give away thousands of dollars to their reviewers?

troy

[quote name='Zoglog']Just out of curiosity, do you guys buy any games through pricegrabber? lol[/QUOTE]

I just made my first purchase through them today when I saw they had a rebate offer for the xbox version of SC Chaos Theory CE.

Just a heads up, Overstock has it for about 55 shipped. That's as good as you'll find it, if you can even find it at all.

[quote name='mkelehan'] you can have multiple sets in one package. That's how many of us did it. I put 70 in one envelope.[/QUOTE]
And they mailed you $350?

Really?

Sorry I'm just skeptical. I don't want to mail in 10 at a time, and then get rejected. That would suck.

I don't understand why pricegrabber is doing this? Why would they want to give away thousands of dollars to their reviewers?

troy

I'm late to the party but USED games are eligible for the rebate also, as long as you have a receipt, correct ??? Nevermind, found my answer.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Of the three that I sent earlier they're through processing and in the "Required waiting period." I'll know if they're rejected or not in the "Check Approved" stage I guess.[/QUOTE]

How do you check the status of your rebate?

[quote name='MaxBiaggi2']Then they should clearly state "short/brief/quick perspective." I expect more than a mere five sentences in anything I call a "review." [/QUOTE]
It depends. Many reviews consist of plot summaries. How many times do I need to read the same plot summary over-and-over? Waste of space.

I prefer reviews that get to the point: Did you like it or not? And why?

troy

[quote name='vherub']A couple months ago, I was browsing pricegrabber as I am want to do to gauge the price a game is going for/check universal drops/etc and I notice next to some titles Rebate: $5.00 Bonus. You click on the bonus and it tells you the instructions for how to get the $5.

Basically it requires mailing to them a copy of the receipt, a copy/original of the upc, the form itself (which states your name, address, phone number) and then writing a review for the game.

You need to register with pricegrabber (easy, no spam mail,no credit card required) and the review needs to demonstrate a basic level of information, but nothing intense. And you have about 3 months after initiating the request to mail everything in.

From my experiences, I have learned the following:

You do not need to buy a new/sealed game, nor do you have to buy the game from the pricegrabber website or any of their affiliates. I have sent in forms for games purchased off ebay and the rebate was honored.

For ebay receipts, you can send in the auction won page, and almost every auction generates a buyer's payment status page that can be used. Or if paying through payapl, the paypal system generates a similar payment page.

This is not a quick fix for money; I sent in about 6 at the start of September, and recieved 3 $5 checks in late October. I sent another 10 or so in throughout October and recieved another 10 $5 checks a couple days ago. Expect 8-10 weeks for processing, maybe more, maybe less. You can check the status of your rebates online, though it is a little cumbersome to know which particular game corresponds to their routing numbers.

There are other items that have the review bonus (such as the ipod mini), and not all games have the rebate available. For games that do have the rebate, it is available to the first 50 people that request it. If you are able to request it and get the form, you are one of the 50. Very few games seem to be anywhere near getting 50 reviews.

You can put multiple requests in the same envelope as they all go to the same place, but these may cause a delay as the forms/receitps/etc can get mixed up. You also can sumbit a receipt multiple times, provided you have the applicable games. Say during the toysrus sale, you bought 3 games, if all have the rebate available, you can send all three in (even the one that was free), but you should provide 3 copies of the receipt, just so there are less chances for error.

I have not had any difficulty with this process or receiving the check. NOTE- the check will arrive in postcard form. That means it is not in an envelope, it is almost as if you stamped a check and mailed it off. The check says positive id is required, and my bank that I use all the time asked me for id when i cashed it. But there is a worry that many places will cash checks under shady circumstances, so if you do not feel that confident about the situation in which you get mail, this could be a potential problem.

They only send checks in the amount of $5, no matter how many you are submitting.

A final note, as the amount is only $5 and it takes over a month to recieve the rebate, it would seem this would be immune from abuse. But there are always the possibilities of ruining offers so try to be honest.[/QUOTE]

THANKS!

troy

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back